** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Thing is, we don't really have anyone who can cover Halkett's position, especially if Souttar leaves. Moore doesn't seem to be trusted there either. I very much doubt we're in for Gallagher, but I wouldn't mind an experienced penalty box defender who's happy to sit on the bench most of the time.

I also wouldn't rule out moving for another defender if Souttar leaves. We did go for Branthwaite at the end of the last window after all, and that would have been on top of Souttar, Halkett and Moore.

I do think Haring could do that job and is a better passer also, but we’ve not seen enough of him back there to judge that. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Getting slightly dizzy with the strength of our squad now. There's zero deadwood and in summer we can focus on upgrades only - maybe to the likes of GMS, Stewart and Halliday - and replacing any loans who leave.

That's the beauty of getting your recruitment policy right. Suddenly you go from constantly looking to bring in 6 or 7 players every window, and needing to move 6 or 7 failures out, to looking for 2 or 3 quality players who are better than what we have, and 2 or 3 previous first team regulars become squad players, and we offload 2 or 3 previous squad players who are no longer going to get a sniff at the first team.

24 minutes ago, RobNox said:

That's the beauty of getting your recruitment policy right. Suddenly you go from constantly looking to bring in 6 or 7 players every window, and needing to move 6 or 7 failures out, to looking for 2 or 3 quality players who are better than what we have, and 2 or 3 previous first team regulars become squad players, and we offload 2 or 3 previous squad players who are no longer going to get a sniff at the first team.

Exactly. The fact that we seemed to need a clear-out so often for years was just depressing.

3-4 in the summer and 2-3 in January seems a good churn.

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Can we call him big T? 

Johnny Football has spit on all the help Texas A&M offered ...

Arthur Morgan

Wouldn't be surprised if Naismith had some input to this one? Obviously played in the two games Sibbick played for us. I'm sure Naismith would be a good spotter of talent.

Ridiculously good signing fwiw. Remember being completely blown away with how good sibbick was when he played and gutted when he got sick and ultimately left. Glandular fever sounds like a complete ***** fwiw. 

Hearrd and commented on the forum Hibs where after him and he turned them down earlier in the window. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Very happy with business so far. 

summary of what else may be going on:

Working on at least one more

May still be working on Oginshawa

Negotiations with one target have stalled after he doubled his wage demands. 
Gallagher from Aberdeen has been mentioned. 
Braithewait from Everton has been mentioned. 
was there talk of a South American player?

We may be after a small quick #10 style player. 

was that it?

Edited by CMc

6 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Even then, he grew up in London, as much as we like to call ourselves the famous, I doubt he’d heard of us growing up. I didn’t include him in the list as he has played for us before so I would say he has heard of us. :wink:

But surely he’d know something of his families past and the history of Uganda. Doubt many people of Ugandan heritage haven’t heard of David Obua. 

A total surprise out of the maroon.  Well chuffed as I had read that the vermin were sniffing around.  

Welcome to our first Toby.  Very strange as I had lunch yesterday at the Toby Carvery.

When you think of the listless, heartless shower of shite we’ve had playing for us in recent year it really is a remarkable job Joe, Robbie and the recruitment team have done. Well done Hearts :flag1:

7 hours ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

Welcome back Toby 🇱🇻

Screenshot_20220127-231709_SofaScore.png

Makes me feel sick to my stomach seeing that imposter in goals, how far we have come

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Does anyone know how long a hanstring tear takes to mend?  If it's only a month or so, that's not too bad.

Depends on the tear. I did mine doing TarKwondo and it took 9 months! The bruising started behind my ankle, criss-crossed behind my knee and disappeared up my thigh into my buttock! 😳 

Of course he’ll have access to the latest medical care… and, although he looked uneasy walking/hobbling off the pitch, I don’t think he looked as bad. 
So, yeah, could - potentially- be a wee while. I’ve said elsewhere, he looked upset, which wasn’t a good sign. Hope I’m wrong. 

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Still feel there is 1 huge signing to come.......

Robbie said we would end up adding one player plus replacing anybody that leaves.  So we’ve added Atkinson, Sibbick and Sims and lost Walker and Gnando. If Souttar goes and RN’s prediction is right we will get another player in. 

23 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Depends on the tear. I did mine doing TarKwondo and it took 9 months! The bruising started behind my ankle, criss-crossed behind my knee and disappeared up my thigh into my buttock! 😳 

Of course he’ll have access to the latest medical care… and, although he looked uneasy walking/hobbling off the pitch, I don’t think he looked as bad. 
So, yeah, could - potentially- be a wee while. I’ve said elsewhere, he looked upset, which wasn’t a good sign. Hope I’m wrong. 

Depends on the grade of tear.

Interesting to see that Barnsley supporters aren’t happy with Toby signing for us.

From footballleagueworld- 

ABSOLUTE NONSENSE’, ‘MASSIVE MISTAKE’ – THESE BARNSLEY FANS ARE FURIOUS AFTER TRANSFER CONFIRMED

Leveins Battalion

If Souttar goes now i'd like to see us go for Jamie Hamilton,young,Scottish under 21 international with room to develop.

14 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Robbie likes a squad of 18/19 outfield player. But think the want 20/21 because of covid.

Makes sense. You feeling confident of us getting another in. 

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

If Souttar goes now i'd like to see us go for Jamie Hamilton,young,Scottish under 21 international with room to develop.

Sure Liverpool and Celtic are after him.

The squad is unreal, long contracts to key men aswell. Can't wait to see the position we'll be on over the next few windows. Full squad rebuilds every summer are a thing of the past, it's now all about getting that extra 1 or 2 players of real quality in. 

1 minute ago, EH11 2NL said:

The squad is unreal, long contracts to key men aswell. Can't wait to see the position we'll be on over the next few windows. Full squad rebuilds every summer are a thing of the past, it's now all about getting that extra 1 or 2 players of real quality in. 

Might seem premature but I think we’d be wise to get Beni and Devlin on extensions in the summer. Try and keep as long on their deals as possible so if do sell we can maximise our fee. 

2 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Feels like we've done a proper reset of the club and we're where we should have been years ago. Night and day from even 2-3 years ago.

Just now, OTT said:

Might seem premature but I think we’d be wise to get Beni and Devlin on extensions in the summer. Try and keep as long on their deals as possible so if do sell we can maximise our fee. 

I think if Beni continues to play as well as he did for the rest of the season we will have a number of bids for him in the summer. We have already had a number of clubs looking at him before the January window and the only reason they haven't tabled bids was due to his injury

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

And Mckay, he'll be into his last year I think in the summer.

17 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Interesting to see that Barnsley supporters aren’t happy with Toby signing for us.

From footballleagueworld- 

ABSOLUTE NONSENSE’, ‘MASSIVE MISTAKE’ – THESE BARNSLEY FANS ARE FURIOUS AFTER TRANSFER CONFIRMED

In fairness I was posting stuff like that on Twitter when journalists were saying clubs were in for gnanduillet in case the clubs saw so they'd take him🤣🤣

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

But surely he’d know something of his families past and the history of Uganda. Doubt many people of Ugandan heritage haven’t heard of David Obua. 

A certain Hearts manager was a cult hero in Uganda (as manager of the national team) before coming to us. His first signing was Obua. 

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

A certain Hearts manager was a cult hero in Uganda (as manager of the national team) before coming to us. His first signing was Obua. 

Mr broon shoes himself. 

Edited by GinRummy

11 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Yep, need to ward off one of his previous clubs who are sniffing around him. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You're obviously clueless on the subject. Fair enough. I used to be too, tbh. Anyway, it's not really a topic for this thread so I'll leave it here. Feel free to carry on if you wish! 

In this case yes, I maybe am. 

IMO if your first thought is to make the leap to racism then the problem might be with you, sometimes folk that are Emotional and educated About a subject unconsciously make Connections that really  aren't there that "clueless" or less emotive person would make. 

As I said McKay has had more than a few comments about his hair,  lots of players get slagged for looks. 

In this case rascim is quite a Jump, a unnecessary one to make and accuse folk off. 

8 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Things I have noticed

We are signing promising, younger, with potential selling value, players who fit the club and what we need and in positions we need.

We are getting players in who could have possibly earned more elsewhere, but WANT to come here.

No journeyman type signings (big thing for me)

The not on a match day, 12 noon, 3pm or 6pm announcements are oot the window….it can come out anytime.

Souttar - I liked Robbie’s comments about it will now take a higher offer to get him now due to injuries and he would serve us well till the end of the season.

Other teams fans disappointed to lose a player to us as they rated them - Everton and Barnsley fans in last couple of days.

Shiit has changed massively at Hearts and we can only get stronger/better.

Absolutely nae leaks, itk is dead - I used to get tidbits from a prominent ex employee on the coaching staff, which in hindsight was wrong and wrong for me posting it on here….that ship has sailed.

Its only positive and going to get better imo

I just like the fact we are buying the right type of player for the right positions and that they are “ready to go”. 

Simms signs and is playing that night. Sibbick is good to go. 
Nate played right away. 

None of this “project” stuff or players arriving a stone overweight with one leg. 

Sell on value is nice but I am keen to see where we can go with this squad. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

This is key, needs done in the summer. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I just like the fact we are buying the right type of player for the right positions and that they are “ready to go”. 

Nate played right away. 

None of this “project” stuff or players arriving a stone overweight with one leg. 

yep agree.. and if we do seek one given our financial positions we are a position to re-invest that money where it counts in the playing squad.. and not paying off debt as was the case in the past

Very happy with the transfer market. You can tell there is a proper plan in place. Look at Hibs who seem to be signing random Norwegians and Aberdeen going for Americans

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nate played right away. 

I agree in general, but I don't think Sibbick has played much since November. 

The 5 sub thing allows managers to give more players gaming time tho so he can Likley play earlier than if we  had 3 subs. 

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nate played right away. 

The signing scatter gun policy over the last few years has been horrendous. I’m genuinely excited to see how far we can go with everyone pulling in the right direction. The next step is getting everyone to mentally believe we can do something exceptional including the support. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

When you think of the listless, heartless shower of shite we’ve had playing for us in recent year it really is a remarkable job Joe, Robbie and the recruitment team have done. Well done Hearts :flag1:

Bang on 👍

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

You saying Sibbick is an Obua fan, and we are going to be seeing finger guns at Easter Road on Tuesday again?!🤤

58 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I think we need some experience now mate tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

You saying Sibbick is an Obua fan, and we are going to be seeing finger guns at Easter Road on Tuesday again?!🤤

It’s Gangsta’ time 😂

Sibbick should be the ideal replacement for Souttar. Athletic, good on the ball, happy to come forward.

If Halkett is out for a while, I worry about the lack of a no nonsense, rock solid defender at the centre of our back three. I don't think either Sibbick or Moore are naturals for that role.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
31 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nate played right away. 

Or arriving after 2 weeks holiday in Thailand and needing the kit man to go to the shop to get the XXL shorts!

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think we need some experience now mate tbh. 

Fair point. 

Ex member of the SaS

As much as I have previously slagged Robbie ( I did initially want him ) they are building a great team. Some of his tactics are still lacking and maybe that is down to not having the type of players he wants, but if he can sort that out, then the future looks good so far. Still don't believe we will really challenge the Glasgow bigots as the system won't allow it, but we should be in a strong position to dominate third for quite some time.