** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Would take him definitely 👍does dwell on the ball at times but I'm sure we could fix that out. 

Solid player with Rangers and Celtic shown interest in him in the past. 

Off to Peterborough.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Would take him definitely 👍does dwell on the ball at times but I'm sure we could fix that out. 

Solid player with Rangers and Celtic shown interest in him in the past. 

Apparently Dundee United have accepted a bid from Peterborough

1 hour ago, ginger jambo98 said:

I think Souttar will go on Monday as Hearts will probably insist on having him available tomorrow given Halks has a tight hamstring.

It’s highly unlikely that Hearts will have spent £500k in one go. Much more likely that we will be paying instalments. So no immediate need for Rankers cash. Best to play hardball as Robbie is doing. Talking up why we need him until season ends. If Rankers want him now they can come with a realistic offer.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Haring, Devlin, Beni, how many of that type do you need? Walker out the door and Naismith since last season, its the one in behind we are needing. Expect Boyce to be there tomorrow with Simms right up top

9 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

Win or lose, this is all I've ever wanted from Hearts - it's that simple.

Players winning games is obviously important, I'm no fool, but players wanting to win them is critical.

aaaabsolutely spot on.  At end of the day, we may have lofty expectations and even delusions of grandure, but other than the odd gomeral or two, who are just statistical must haves in a support, if we see our lads out there playing for the jersey, we'll be happy.

Big difference at the moment is that we not only feel like we have that fight, but there's a real optimism that we're adding quality with it.  He wasn't great the other night, but for all his ability on the ball, how hard does Barrie McKay work for the team!?  Real grafter.  Just one example. It's great to see.

The Grim Reaper
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He can play any of the three, Robbie has been loyal too Devlin and Beni so it could be hard for sibbick to get a game in midfield, as 343 is the formation, Devlin and Beni obviously the trusted two. 

But Robbie could change it up and go with three in the middle, a midfield three of Devlin, Beni, and Sibbick, beats most midfields in Scotland. 

Centre back will be an issue but depending on if Moore stays permanently , and if Souttar goes this window then we will be fine until summer, sibbick has been part of a back three at Barnsley the most notable game against Chelsea in the cup. 

Were I thought he was outstanding that night, he can also play RB/Rwb he's give us options steady player with a lot of potential. 

Keeping the lad injury free and fit is key, Stendel didn't get a lot of say in transfers at Barnsley but he begged the board to get Sibbick, from Wimbledon. 

Thanks Bongo. A brilliant signing and let’s hope we see the best of him. 

Carl Fredrickson
13 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Thank you. That’s what I thought but it’s been a long month and wondered if I’d missed anything. 

Out - Roberts

I don't think we are far away with the team / squad now. Would love a proper number 10 that runs past the strikers and gets goals. Not easy to come by and probably expensive but feel it would take us to another level. I'm liking our strategy of signing young athletic players that will all be looking to advance their careers. Using us as a stepping stone is fine as long as they perform well and give 100%. 

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

He wasn't great the other night, but for all his ability on the ball, how hard does Barrie McKay work for the team!?  Real grafter.  Just one example. It's great to see.

Exactly, a number of these new players haven't even played a full season but, in my eyes, have earned an 'off day' already. I hope they (the whole team and backroom staff) all stick around after the final whistle on the last home game of the season, just to reciprocate some appreciation.

Probably something we'll never know for sure but I think some of these players actually feel like they're part of the club (being fan owned) and not just a player for the team - I know I'd try harder if that were the case.

15 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

aaaabsolutely spot on.  At end of the day, we may have lofty expectations and even delusions of grandure, but other than the odd gomeral or two, who are just statistical must haves in a support, if we see our lads out there playing for the jersey, we'll be happy.

Big difference at the moment is that we not only feel like we have that fight, but there's a real optimism that we're adding quality with it.  He wasn't great the other night, but for all his ability on the ball, how hard does Barrie McKay work for the team!?  Real grafter.  Just one example. It's great to see.

I couldn't believe when someone was questioning his tracking back, he's a great team player. Woodburn as well, he might not have clicked and there's no doubt his head went down a bit, but he's trying to win.

Just now, RDSK said:

Off to Peterborough.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Apparently Dundee United have accepted a bid from Peterborough

All the best to the lad if it means he doesn't strengthen any of them two, even better. 

7 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I don't think we are far away with the team / squad now. Would love a proper number 10 that runs past the strikers and gets goals. Not easy to come by and probably expensive but feel it would take us to another level. I'm liking our strategy of signing young athletic players that will all be looking to advance their careers. Using us as a stepping stone is fine as long as they perform well and give 100%. 

Correct. I'd be more concerned if we weren't signing players who were looking to play at the highest level & had a squad of journeyman types who saw an SPFL team challenging for 3rd as the end of the line.

What separates the "stepping stone" guys we're signing this time from a lot of the one's we've signed in the past is attitude imo, the guys we've brought in have bought into the club & know if they want that move they need to graft & earn it by performing at our level first as opposed to being a billy big timer who thinks they're better than this league & all they have to do is show up.

letsmakesomenoise
45 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

In - Atkinson, Simms, Sibbick, Henderson (return from loan)

Out - Walker, Brandon, Logan (loans), Gnanduillet

Roberts not gone too?

Just now, letsmakesomenoise said:

Roberts not gone too?

As far as this window is concerned I guess you could add 

In: Roberts

Out: Roberts

letsmakesomenoise
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

He’s in and out this window. 

Is he not away permanently now.  Although I appreciate he was OOC in the summer.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I don’t think we are shopping in the Scotland market really now. That might piss people off but it seems to me the young EPL U23 type market is one which is the most fruitful for us:

For a start they will have decent pedigree and talent at a higher level generally than through Scottish youth and secondly if they do well there will be a raft of English teams scouts who will already have these players on their radar hence we get a better sell on price:

All theory but makes sense (if I say so my self)

Vlad the impaler

If there’s a deal to be done with rangers on Souttar what’s peoples thoughts on including Scott Wright in it. Always quite liked him,right age,direct and fast. 
I think we would have been all over Fuchs if we had lost beni this window,when that day comes I wouldn’t be against bidding for Omeonga at livi

part_time_jambo
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agree in general but when we play Rangers late in  the season  we couldn't play him there if they had to win it  for the title

Also, if we get rangers in the cup, especially in the sf or final then here would be questions. 

Outwith those scenarios all generally ok. 

Disagree. Not our problem if it causes issues for Souttar or Rangers, and if he doesn't give 100%, then provided it doesn't affect our finishing position, it will show up the same-league pre-contract system for the sham that it is.

Edited by part_time_jambo

4 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Disagree. Not our problem if it causes issues for Souttar or Rangers, and if he doesn't give 100%, then provided it doesn't affect our finishing position, it will show up the same-league pre-contract system for the sham that it is.

If the pre contract system went away then players would end up agreeing to contracts in secret 

13 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t think we are shopping in the Scotland market really now. That might piss people off but it seems to me the young EPL U23 type market is one which is the most fruitful for us:

For a start they will have decent pedigree and talent at a higher level generally than through Scottish youth and secondly if they do well there will be a raft of English teams scouts who will already have these players on their radar hence we get a better sell on price:

All theory but makes sense (if I say so my self)

I think the difference between this and prior regimes is that we are aiming for players in and around the first team. Before, we were signing the likes of Ngoo and McCallum who were squad fillers for the youth squad.

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He’s in and out this window. 

In and out the bathroom windae?

Sorry that was for one poster in particular. A saying from fifty odd years ago. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

If there’s a deal to be done with rangers on Souttar what’s peoples thoughts on including Scott Wright in it. Always quite liked him,right age,direct and fast. 
I think we would have been all over Fuchs if we had lost beni this window,when that day comes I wouldn’t be against bidding for Omeonga at livi

wright is a good player.. I don’t think the huns will be minded to move him on 

35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Your usual reasoned and thoughtful analysis. 🤣👍

Thank you, took my time to get extra detail in there 🤣

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Right so I had a wee temp thread bad for some fruity language I used (fair cop but got off on good behaviour), and in the 4 days I've been away, we sign 2 exciting players.

Not saying it's connected, but I'm back now so I'd suggest you dampen any expectation because of that!

😃  A 4 day ban you say ?   Any chance you could "take one for the team" today again ?   Hopefully it produces a top striker in time for ER on Tuesday.  :whistling:  Thanks in advance.

:kirklol:

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Aberdeen fan with a Hibs email address, He said he has never changed his email address since a kid and it had Hibs in it or 1875 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Nope, definite hibs I'm afraid, I saw him talking about it with that Si Ferry IIRC. Said his email still has hibee in it.

Fair enough. Strange for someone from up that way. I guess i've just assumed he was a don.

FWIW I know someone very close to him and he's apparently loving every minute of it here. I doubt he will leave anytime soon. 

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Mind the wee triangle Celtic,Hibs and Dundee done a few seasons ago 

Scott Allan on loan to Dundee from Celtic was recalled then signed for Hibs 

Scott Bain recalled from his loan at Hibs back to Dundee then signed for Celtic 

Simon Murray was then Loaned from Hibs to Dundee 

It's an evil little web mate 

ginger jambo98

Halks out for a few weeks unfortunately. Wonder if that means a rethink on the Souttar front ? Can’t afford to let him go now I reckon (unless Robbie and Joe have a replacement lined up).

2 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Halks out for a few weeks unfortunately. Wonder if that means a rethink on the Souttar front ? Can’t afford to let him go now I reckon (unless Robbie and Joe have a replacement lined up).

Trained this morning at Oriam. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

We signed one yesterday!

5 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Where you seeing this?

Vlad the impaler
29 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

wright is a good player.. I don’t think the huns will be minded to move him on 

Think the fans don’t fancy him

apparently that’s what made me think about it. Good player but wages would maybe be an issue. Depends how much they want Souttar too

Vlad the impaler
6 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

I wouldn’t mind Souttar staying til summer and playing alongside Sibbick

Souttar, Sibbick, Moore and Smith all seem more comfortable marauding up the right hand side, which of these fellas is best suited to bullying centre forwards? 

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Souttar, Sibbick, Moore and Smith all seem more comfortable marauding up the right hand side, which of these fellas is best suited to bullying centre forwards? 

It's what Halkett does so well. Hardly ever see him lose a header against anyone in this league. 

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Sibbick is a big lad, very imposing when he played for us before

3 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’ve got a good friend who scouts for Barnsley and looks like Hearts have splashed the cash.5E600830-EBEA-4913-9516-78D4492F12DA.thumb.jpeg.b85c571d00c5c0b7444932503afe98d4.jpeg

Boy I sometimes watch on Twitch is involved with Barnsely and said last night on his stream that we paid 500k for him. Apparently it wasn't in instalments either but I'd be shocked if we stumped up 500k outright.

2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Boy I sometimes watch on Twitch is involved with Barnsely and said last night on his stream that we paid 500k for him. Apparently it wasn't in instalments either but I'd be shocked if we stumped up 500k outright.

Not sure I'd be overly shocked.  We're in mean health mate

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
3 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Only 3 months FOH contributions.  We're minted!  🙂 

We managed to pay 200k for McEneff a year ago playing in the championship to no crowds. I reckon 500k is well within our ballpark as the only team in Scotland not to make financial losses during COVID :verysmug:

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I couldn't believe when someone was questioning his tracking back, he's a great team player. Woodburn as well, he might not have clicked and there's no doubt his head went down a bit, but he's trying to win.

Definitely.  You can see Woodburn's quality, but a couple of games passed him by in a row which seemed to affect him.  Wasn't a lack of trying that did it, he just didn't manage to impose himself and passing seemed off etc.  He's had decent showings since and will still have a big part to play for us.

The poster that said that about Barrie, if I remember actually just worded his post badly and got dogs for it! haha.  Got to be careful on here, man!

17 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

Trained this morning at Oriam. 

Halkett or Souttar or maybe both. Were Taylor Moore and Sibbick training also? Thanks

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Why? 

In the previous 5 years, we've spent £2mil on player acquisitions. I would be surprised if we spent 25% of that in one go, up front. I'd be happy to be wrong, it would show a huge step forward for the club.