** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Everyone shouting for Watt to be a target. I’d rather Van Veen. Not sure his contract situation but would rather him to Watt. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

14 players out of contract at the end of the season and 3 with their loans and ending, listed below;

Craig Gordon

Michael Smith

Jamie Brandon

John Souttar

Craig Halkett

Mihai Popescu

Stephen Kingsley

Peter Haring

Andy Halliday

Jamie Walker

Jordan Roberts

Armand Gnanduillet

Euan Henderson

Connor Smith

Alex Cochrane (Loan)

Ben Woodburn (Loan)

Taylor Moore (Loan)

Must keeps for me are Gordon, Souttar, Halkett, Kingsley and Haring. I would love to get Cochrane and Moore permanently if possible.

Smith will probably get another year (hopefully as a back up if we manage to bring a younger right back in) and I wouldn’t be opposed to Walker getting another extension of a year if he was happy to be a backup and probably on a reduced contract.

Henderson might have earned another year with his performances on loan - not sure how Smith has done at Queens Park but a quick check shows he has played 12 matches and scored 1 goal in the league, good to see him getting a lot of games.

24 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

14 players out of contract at the end of the season and 3 with their loans and ending, listed below;

Craig Gordon

Michael Smith

Jamie Brandon

John Souttar

Craig Halkett

Mihai Popescu

Stephen Kingsley

Peter Haring

Andy Halliday

Jamie Walker

Jordan Roberts

Armand Gnanduillet

Euan Henderson

Connor Smith

Alex Cochrane (Loan)

Ben Woodburn (Loan)

Taylor Moore (Loan)

Must keeps for me are Gordon, Souttar, Halkett, Kingsley and Haring. I would love to get Cochrane and Moore permanently if possible.

Smith will probably get another year (hopefully as a back up if we manage to bring a younger right back in) and I wouldn’t be opposed to Walker getting another extension of a year if he was happy to be a backup and probably on a reduced contract.

Henderson might have earned another year with his performances on loan - not sure how Smith has done at Queens Park but a quick check shows he has played 12 matches and scored 1 goal in the league, good to see him getting a lot of games.

No Dugshite Halliday

Pffft

Edited by A.JAMBO

32 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

Craig Gordon

Michael Smith

Jamie Brandon

John Souttar

Craig Halkett

Mihai Popescu

Stephen Kingsley

Peter Haring

Andy Halliday

Jamie Walker

Jordan Roberts

Armand Gnanduillet

Euan Henderson

Connor Smith

Alex Cochrane (Loan)

Ben Woodburn (Loan)

Taylor Moore (Loan)

Don’t get your hopes up about Souttar. He’s joining his brother at Stoke. Apparently it’s a done deal by all accounts. Also Woodburn back to Liverpool in January 

Would keep the following players. I know players like Halliday and Walker wont play every week but they are good characters and players you sometimes need in a squad. We need to keep a stable squad adding a couple of quality additions each window.

Craig Gordon

Michael Smith

John Souttar

Craig Halkett

Stephen Kingsley

Peter Haring

Andy Halliday

Jamie Walker

Alex Cochrane (Loan)

Ben Woodburn (Loan)

Taylor Moore (Loan)

47 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Don’t get your hopes up about Souttar. He’s joining his brother at Stoke. Apparently it’s a done deal by all accounts. Also Woodburn back to Liverpool in January 

Yeah, I think all hope of Souttar signing on has gone, he’s still in my list of just keeps but agree if he hasn’t signed by now he’ll be gone.

Not too fussed about Woodburn staying, would much rather get Cochrane and Moore signed up if possible.

On 18/12/2021 at 11:55, Batistuta87 said:

Jason Cummings told to find a new club. 

Here we go........ 

Would rather Dominic Cummings 

I used to love when JJ and CL had all thes unknown Europeans turn up at training camp in Italy and we had to guess who they were and where they came from.   Burley's 2005 triallists in the Boro friendly was brilliant. Such a surprise.

Knowing the names in advance has little appeal.

4 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

More like replacing rather than joining.  Harry is wanted.

Craig Gordon 2 year deal

Michael Smith 1 year deal

Jamie Brandon already signed an extension 

John Souttar away

Craig Halkett 2 year deal

Mihai Popescu punt

Stephen Kingsley 2 year deal 

Peter Haring 2 year deal

Andy Halliday 1 year deal

Jamie Walker let's see what he can do between now and May 

Jordan Roberts punt

Armand Gnanduillet punt

Euan Henderson 1 year deal

Connor Smith 1 year deal

Alex Cochrane (Loan) jurys out

Ben Woodburn (Loan) send back

Taylor Moore (Loan) jury's out

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Craig Gordon 2 year deal

John Souttar away

Mihai Popescu punt

Peter Haring 2 year deal

Jordan Roberts punt

Armand Gnanduillet punt

Connor Smith 1 year deal

Agree with all of this 👍🏻

🤞🏻

Craig Gordon 2 year deal

John Souttar away

Mihai Popescu punt

Peter Haring 2 year deal

Jordan Roberts punt

Armand Gnanduillet punt

Connor Smith 1 year deal

Think Brandon’s contract was extended to the end of the season if I’m correct so he will be out of contract at the end of this season. Think they will be putting him out on loan in January so will be interesting to see what level he goes to and if Joe and Robbie deem him worthy of an extension come the end of the season.

Agree with all of the above, only one I’m not sure about is Halliday. I reckon we could easily replace him in the current squad but on the other hand, it’s probably good not to have too much change to the squad so another year wouldn’t be too bad. 

Craig Gordon 2 year deal

John Souttar away

Mihai Popescu punt

Peter Haring 2 year deal

Jordan Roberts punt

Armand Gnanduillet punt

Connor Smith 1 year deal

Agree with most but no way I'd be giving Halliday anything, no matter how good his banter in the changing room is.

Also Brandon only signed extension until end of season, so guess it's how he does until then...?

I'd keep all 3 loanees if we could, but tbh that's blind cos who knows what Savage has up his sleeve.  If he has better for us, punt them!!!

13 hours ago, Thomson1874 said:

Craig Gordon

Michael Smith

Jamie Brandon

John Souttar

Craig Halkett

Mihai Popescu

Stephen Kingsley

Peter Haring

Andy Halliday

Jamie Walker

Jordan Roberts

Armand Gnanduillet

Euan Henderson

Connor Smith

Alex Cochrane (Loan)

Ben Woodburn (Loan)

Taylor Moore (Loan)

In bold are probably the most realistic players of staying and getting new deals. Souttar will be away will of signed a deal by now, Walker will also be away if Robbie wants him to go.  Love to sign Alex Cochrane I'm sure he is out of contract with Brighton in the summer. 

Halliday, Roberts, Armand, Popescu, Brandon, Henderson - Will all go not good enough for Hearts 

Woodburn will head back to Liverpool and fall down the English leagues and we will be priced out a move for Taylor Moore. 

20 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

In bold are probably the most realistic players of staying and getting new deals. Souttar will be away will of signed a deal by now, Walker will also be away if Robbie wants him to go.  Love to sign Alex Cochrane I'm sure he is out of contract with Brighton in the summer. 

Halliday, Roberts, Armand, Popescu, Brandon, Henderson - Will all go not good enough for Hearts 

Woodburn will head back to Liverpool and fall down the English leagues and we will be priced out a move for Taylor Moore. 

Agreed, I actually think that Kingsley getting an injury might make him more likely to stay.

I like Moore however I’ve not seen enough from him at centre back to warrant the wages or potential fee he would command. He’s done a better job at RWB or RB than he has CB so far.

Smith I would only looking to keep as back up and wouldn’t be massively bothered if he was moved on. 

The Apprentice
On 17/12/2021 at 18:22, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, questions are to be answered about his mental capability, but he's older now and imo his last spell wasn't a complete disaster

He was ineffective, but he was a good player. 

Tbh, any player we get there will be question marks. 

Like all transfers it would depend on the cost, he's not worth breaking the bank for but he's worth consideration imo. 

It's also worth noting his strike partner was Connor Sammon for most of his spell with us!

I'm with you though he's a talented player and I think this time round he'd fit in much better in amongst the attacking players we have.

9 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Agreed, I actually think that Kingsley getting an injury might make him more likely to stay.

I like Moore however I’ve not seen enough from him at centre back to warrant the wages or potential fee he would command. He’s done a better job at RWB or RB than he has CB so far.

Smith I would only looking to keep as back up and wouldn’t be massively bothered if he was moved on. 

Every game Kingsley gets a knock or a injury just a shame the one on Saturday was that bad he had to go off. That left back position has been so hard in years to get a good LB who is consistent Kingsley can play there and Cochrane is a good LB really hope we can get them both signed down to longer contracts. I like Mikey Smith but like you said he will become back up I would like a loan for Nathan Patterson from Rangers I can't see it happening but he never plays at Rangers surely he will be wanting to play every week. 

jamboinglasgow
35 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Agree with most but no way I'd be giving Halliday anything, no matter how good his banter in the changing room is.

Also Brandon only signed extension until end of season, so guess it's how he does until then...?

I'd keep all 3 loanees if we could, but tbh that's blind cos who knows what Savage has up his sleeve.  If he has better for us, punt them!!!

Yeah Halliday is 30 and was the right signing for last season when we needed strengthened, but we can get better, So would move him on (I am sure he will be picked up by another Premiership team.)

I get the sense with Brandon that we are just doing a sort of duty of care for him where he is still employed with us while recovering, and going out on loan allows him to sell himself to other clubs. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’ve got the feeling Cochrane is agitating for a move back to Brighton which may explain his reduced game time. There was certainly at least one interview where he said that he wanted another shot back there.

Contrast with Moore who has said he’d happily move here.

Thats not a criticism of Cochrane by the way. If I was him I’d be aiming for the EPL also.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah Halliday is 30 and was the right signing for last season when we needed strengthened, but we can get better, So would move him on (I am sure he will be picked up by another Premiership team.)

I get the sense with Brandon that we are just doing a sort of duty of care for him where he is still employed with us while recovering, and going out on loan allows him to sell himself to other clubs. 

Yeah which is fine with Jamie - such a shame for the lad.  So many tubes on here who say he's pish when the truth is he's never had a run of games to find form but has shown all the right attributes.  He could have been custom made for the way we play these days.  Ship has sailed you'd think though.

And aye, would kind of agree with Halliday but not a fan at all.  St Mirren beckon I'd say (unless they're a bit Celticky for him!).

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

It's also worth noting his strike partner was Connor Sammon for most of his spell with us!

I'm with you though he's a talented player and I think this time round he'd fit in much better in amongst the attacking players we have.

He'd fit in well with the likes of McKay, Boyce, GMS even walker. 

Quick in thought and technical. 

bobby bombscare
16 hours ago, Thomson1874 said:

Craig Gordon

Michael Smith

Jamie Brandon

John Souttar

Craig Halkett

Mihai Popescu

Stephen Kingsley

Peter Haring

Andy Halliday

Jamie Walker

Jordan Roberts

Armand Gnanduillet

Euan Henderson

Connor Smith

Alex Cochrane (Loan)

Ben Woodburn (Loan)

Taylor Moore (Loan)

Gordon should be priority number 1. He is by far the best player in that squad and by all accounts will WANT to stay at the club! No issues if he is the highest paid player by a country mile because he has won us the most points with some of the stops he has pulled off. Another 2 year deal with option to extend or move into coaching.

outside of that:
2 Year deals:
Kingsley
Haring
Souttar (although I think he's gone)

One year Deals:
Michael Smith
Brandon
Walker
Henderson
Connor Smith

Loans i would like to sign:
Cochran 
Moore

the rest of them, i would not notice if they left. 

7 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

Gordon should be priority number 1. He is by far the best player in that squad and by all accounts will WANT to stay at the club! No issues if he is the highest paid player by a country mile because he has won us the most points with some of the stops he has pulled off. Another 2 year deal with option to extend or move into coaching.

outside of that:
2 Year deals:
Kingsley
Haring
Souttar (although I think he's gone)

One year Deals:
Michael Smith
Brandon
Walker
Henderson
Connor Smith

Loans i would like to sign:
Cochran 
Moore

the rest of them, i would not notice if they left. 

Halkett should be offered a 2 year deal

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah which is fine with Jamie - such a shame for the lad.  So many tubes on here who say he's pish when the truth is he's never had a run of games to find form but has shown all the right attributes.  He could have been custom made for the way we play these days.  Ship has sailed you'd think though.

And aye, would kind of agree with Halliday but not a fan at all.  St Mirren beckon I'd say (unless they're a bit Celticky for him!).

Always annoys me how quick people are to write off youngsters, but agree, he never really got a proper run of games. He will be 24 in February and has only had 35 senior appearances in his career. That show how bad a time he has had with injuries, I would also argue that in games a lot of issues he has had is down to inexperience, something that had he been playing more regularly would have been overcome.

I hope that is the end of his injury woes as I think he could have a decent career, he may not be at Hearts to get it but would wish him all the best.

I'd love to see us try and sign Jamie McGrath from St. Mirren. He is out of contract at the end of the season and looks like he won't re-sign.  He is the right age and would be a Paul Hartley type signing IMO.

bobby bombscare
7 minutes ago, lou said:

Halkett should be offered a 2 year deal

agree! missed his name but has earned a new deal. Totally different player in a back 3!

3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Always annoys me how quick people are to write off youngsters, but agree, he never really got a proper run of games. He will be 24 in February and has only had 35 senior appearances in his career. That show how bad a time he has had with injuries, I would also argue that in games a lot of issues he has had is down to inexperience, something that had he been playing more regularly would have been overcome.

I hope that is the end of his injury woes as I think he could have a decent career, he may not be at Hearts to get it but would wish him all the best.

Absolutely, his buggest fault was how rash he could be.  That's a lot of eagerness and inexperience (and perhaps a bit of trying too hard considering the issues he's had).  His last spell in the team, he was actually defending a lot better than he ever had.  As I say, it's just a shame.  You never know I suppose, at the very least hopefully he's picked up at a decent pro level.

7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Craig Gordon 2 year deal

John Souttar away . not sure about this one .

Mihai Popescu punt

Peter Haring 2 year deal 

Jamie Walker let's see what he can do between now and May Good shout, if Jamie doesn't get more match time then he is gone.

Jordan Roberts punt

Armand Gnanduillet punt

Euan Henderson 2 year deal Although we may get in two Strikers. So Euan is a difficult one due to his age. I rate him though.

Connor Smith 1 year deal           I dunno about Connor , nothing against him but he is in a similar place as Harry Cochrane was ( Moved on ). 

Alex Cochrane (Loan) jurys out  I like the lad , i would keep him but it looks like he is developing well with us and his parent club may decide to offer him a new deal, if not we should have a try.

Ben Woodburn (Loan) send back I wanted Woody to do well, he doesn't fit  into the side apart from as a striker, that is my opinion. We could get a more experienced young player. So not fussed  as he has struggled to get going in touhg games.

Taylor Moore (Loan) jury's out He would be offered a deal in the next window, his contract at his parent club is coming to and end

bobby bombscare
Just now, TheBigO said:

Absolutely, his buggest fault was how rash he could be.  That's a lot of eagerness and inexperience (and perhaps a bit of trying too hard considering the issues he's had).  His last spell in the team, he was actually defending a lot better than he ever had.  As I say, it's just a shame.  You never know I suppose, at the very least hopefully he's picked up at a decent pro level.

thought he was a different player in the wing back role he played under stendal. He seemed very comfortable there, which suits the way we play now. 

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

agree! missed his name but has earned a new deal. Totally different player in a back 3!

He seems to be but to be fair to him he was absolutely fantastic in a back 4 at Celtic too.  Best game I’ve seen him play for us so maybe just got his confidence back irrespective of back 3 / back 4. I would have been happy to see him go at the end of last season but he’s earned a new deal imo.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Heard Colby Bishop could be on his way in Jan.

Anyone heard similar? 

Edited by Siphiwe Tshabalala

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Anyone heard similar? 

Not seen us mentioned, but Ipswich are tracking him apparently. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, tazhearts said:

I'd love to see us try and sign Jamie McGrath from St. Mirren. He is out of contract at the end of the season and looks like he won't re-sign.  He is the right age and would be a Paul Hartley type signing IMO.

We should be going all out for him. 

I cannae wait for next season, we'll be better. 

Just a question of how much better. 

1 hour ago, tazhearts said:

I watched him fairly closely when we played them a few weeks ago and honestly couldn't see what the fuss is all about, maybe just had a bad day against our midfield and his stats suggest he is a good player but the hype surrounding him would indicate that we'd need to pay more than he's probably worth in order to prevent him making a move south.

1 hour ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Anyone heard similar? 

I heard it was his brother, Bashda, who we were after....

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

I heard it was his brother, Bashda, who we were after....

As long as it's not his older brother- Harold. 

He goes missing. 

Leveins Battalion

I can see Woodburn heading back down the road in January,for me the Dundee Utd game aside he has been pretty poor.The Livingston game a few weeks back he looked like an amateur, caught on the ball 4 times before getting hooked.

I think we will sign a RB,an attacking midfielder,a CH and a Striker in January.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

I can see Woodburn heading back down the road in January,for me the Dundee Utd game aside he has been pretty poor.The Livingston game a few weeks back he looked like an amateur, caught on the ball 4 times before getting hooked.

I think we will sign a RB,an attacking midfielder,a CH and a Striker in January.

I’d reckon it depends what happens with Souttar whether he goes for a centre back this window or not. I’d rather keep him than give him away on the cheap tbh.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Annoyingly I will presume Hibs will get that St Mirren guy.

How is that Alan Armstrong getting on that we were supposedly in for in the summer?

4 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Noting the pinch of salt needeed…

Colby Bishop looks uninspiring.

Am I missing something?

https://footballleagueworld-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/footballleagueworld.co.uk/details-emerge-of-peterboroughs-deadline-day-bid-for-24-year-old/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16400397185750&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Ffootballleagueworld.co.uk%2Fdetails-emerge-of-peterboroughs-deadline-day-bid-for-24-year-old%2F

Accrington Stanley turned down a £1.2 million big for him in the summer.

He is out of contract at the end of the season however apparently Accrington Stanley have an option to extend for another year. 

5 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Not his biggest fan but Willie miller said he looked lost on Saturday 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic