** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

21 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

What about Kingsley. I just get to home games and Livi and Hibs away but from the games I've seen he has taken about 8/9 free kicks and scored 3 and hit the bar on another (this season) that's a better return on free kicks than C Ronaldo. 

Did the Motherwell keeper not claw one right out the top corner at Tynie too.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone as accurate on freekicks at Kingsley.  If you look at freekicks scored, even at the very top the record in the EPL is 12 or 13 or something in a career (not checked that!!), it's less than you'd think even for top guys.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Those behind the scenes will be working away identifying what type of players we all know the team requires

In Savage/Robbie and all in involved i trust  

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Thats one position I can see us filling one way or another, even if it’s a loan. I don’t think they’ll rely on Henderson coming back from loan. (Might play against Talbot) I can see them only getting a RWB if the deal is right and making do until summer if not though.

I think the RWB will come from further afield either Australia or N. America. 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I think the RWB will come from further afield either Australia or N. America. 

Zachary Brailt-Guillard or Nathaniel Atkinson 🤷

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Did the Motherwell keeper not claw one right out the top corner at Tynie too.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone as accurate on freekicks at Kingsley.  If you look at freekicks scored, even at the very top the record in the EPL is 12 or 13 or something in a career (not checked that!!), it's less than you'd think even for top guys.

Close, Beck`s scored 14 EPL freekicks, 65 in his career, Zola and Henry with 12 a piece in the EPL. 

Juninho of Lyon has scored the most freekicks in his career with 77. 

In Scotland I think Nakamura will be the top freekick scorer but that's purely an educated guess. 

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Zachary Brailt-Guillard or Nathaniel Atkinson 🤷

That's the two names that have been mentioned in the past. No idea if they are genuinely on our shortlist or not. 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Close, Beck`s scored 14 EPL freekicks, 65 in his career, Zola and Henry with 12 a piece in the EPL. 

Juninho of Lyon has scored the most freekicks in his career with 77. 

In Scotland I think Nakamura will be the top freekick scorer but that's purely an educated guess. 

Ward Prowse 4th with 11.  Potential to beat them 👀

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah - the one against Motherwell was a goal all the way. Was an unbelievable save. 

Technically, IMO, Kingsley is the best free kick taker I have ever seen at Hearts and I’ve been going to games since I was about 10 (I’m 39 now 👨🏽‍🦳). 

6 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Yeah - the one against Motherwell was a goal all the way. Was an unbelievable save. 

Technically, IMO, Kingsley is the best free kick taker I have ever seen at Hearts and I’ve been going to games since I was about 10 (I’m 39 now 👨🏽‍🦳). 

When I was wee I always remember Lee Makel taking free kicks was terrible, Paul Hartley loved a free kick too. Agree with you Kingsley is the best free kick taker I've seen, The pen he missed in the cup final if it was 20 yards out with a wall he would of stuck it in the top corner.  

10 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Was against Livingston.

9 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Was against Livingston.

Ah, apologies - so it was. He scored against Motherwell end nearly scored against Livingston! 

6 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

Young defender Branthwaite just scored for Everton . Sure someone linked us with him in the summer . 

Think he was heavily rumoured to have been close to signing on or just before deadline day but the club decided to keep him around.

6 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

Young defender Branthwaite just scored for Everton . Sure someone linked us with him in the summer . 

Yes, unfortunately that boat has sailed. But looking further afield for plays just now. Hard to get uk based players in January.

4 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

I never said Halkett was heading to Aberdeen I said he could be,and yes.

Yes you did, see your post of 12th December, just for reference purposes.  👍

You didn’t use the words ‘could be’. You stated it as a point of fact.

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You have to admit it's almost admirable the way he carries on pretence of being in the know. Pathetically sad, but almost admirable.

It’s called a brass neck.

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

B2C8D897-0E23-4622-9618-8B0AB6D1796C.gif

:spoton:

On 12/12/2021 at 17:51, Agentjambo said:

A Japanese forward and Halkett to Sheep.

See?  I knew you did.  

On 12/12/2021 at 18:06, Morgan said:

Oh, c'mon - Halkett won't be going to Aberdeen.

Only in reply to your post.

On 12/12/2021 at 18:08, Malinga the Swinga said:

No-one takes Agentjambo seriously. He's not in the know, and apart from Savage and Neilson, I doubt anyone is.

It gets more obvious each transfer window.

10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Yes you did, see your post of 12th December, just for reference purposes.  👍

You didn’t use the words ‘could be’. You stated it as a point of fact.

It’s called a brass neck.

:spoton:

See?  I knew you did.  

Only in reply to your post.

It gets more obvious each transfer window.

I will pray for both malinga and you tonight 🙏🏻

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I will pray for both malinga and you tonight 🙏🏻

You’ve got more chance of speaking to God than you have of being ‘in the know’.

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You’ve got more chance of speaking to God than you have of being ‘in the know’.

Whatever makes you happy.

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Whatever makes you happy.

Well, being an equivocator certainly doesn’t make me happy.

You, on the other hand....  

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Yes, unfortunately that boat has sailed. But looking further afield for plays just now. Hard to get uk based players in January.

Certainly will be, read an article today saying that clubs in England (especially Premier league clubs) have been spooked by Covid outbreaks and are reluctant to loan out players (with Championship clubs seeing deals they have lined up already fall through.) Worry for us is the article talked about Brighton may recall players from loan to provide a safety net of players in case a Covid outbreak happens (but that would depend on terms of loan deal, so hopefully there is no recall option on Cochrane's loan deal.)

It also said clubs are now looking at leagues which have just finished their season to sign players as it means they are ready to come in to bolster the squad. Add in clubs still worried about financial impact from Covid (and possibility that they could be playing behind closed doors) then it makes the UK market hard for us to operate.

Hopeful of an MLS raid. Their contracts end 31 Dec, some ended on 30 Nov so a lot of their players are fair game if not already free agents. There's a couple of good full backs knocking about over there right now - young, quick guys who look like they have some potential... Hopefully we've got someone over there giving us some names. I quite like the look of Matt Real at Philadelphia. 22 yo right back. 

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Hopeful of an MLS raid. Their contracts end 31 Dec, some ended on 30 Nov so a lot of their players are fair game if not already free agents. There's a couple of good full backs knocking about over there right now - young, quick guys who look like they have some potential... Hopefully we've got someone over there giving us some names. I quite like the look of Matt Real at Philadelphia. 22 yo right back. 

Sports columnist hacks would wet themselves at the possibility of ‘The Real Deal’ headlines I’m sure.

SomethingAboutObua

1. Get in a physical striker option 

1.5. Do that, loan out/allow Gnanduillet to go

2. Bring in an RWB that can cross for Boyce and a new big striker 

3. Loan out Harry Stone and anyone else that's needing it

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

MLS and Scandinavian League's have a few potential options. 

I dip in and out of MLS (contracts all end 30 Nov or 31 Dec) but based on what I know, I would take:

Matt Real / RB

Jack Maher / CB

Not many strikers or wingers really take my fancy. 

Tom Edwards' (RB) loan with NYRB is finishing in Dec and he's back to Stoke, so might be good to try and get him for the rest of the season. But its another loan and feel we already have slightly too many at the moment. 

Looking at the Scandanavians (although he's Bulgarian); Bozhidar Kraev of FC Mitjyland is out of contract at the end of the season and looks like a really good player - 24yo, 6 footer, strong and quick attacking mid which is something we've been screaming out for. 

The Swedish and Norwegian leagues' contracts run out at the end of the year too so like MLS a lot of players are becoming free agents there. Not sure what the Norwegian league is like these days but I'm sure there's a few gems in there. I know the Swedish league is a bit more decent so that could be an interesting one. 

Edited by Batistuta87

5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I dip in and out of MLS (contracts all end 30 Nov or 31 Dec) but based on what I know, I would take:

Matt Real / RB

Jack Maher / CB

Not many strikers or wingers really take my fancy. 

Tom Edwards' (RB) loan with NYRB is finishing in Dec and he's back to Stoke, so might be good to try and get him for the rest of the season. But its another loan and feel we already have slightly too many at the moment. 

Looking at the Scandanavians (although he's Bulgarian); Bozhidar Kraev of FC Mitjyland is out of contract at the end of the season and looks like a really good player - 24yo, 6 footer, strong and quick attacking mid which is something we've been screaming out for. 

The Swedish and Norwegian leagues' contracts run out at the end of the year too so like MLS a lot of players are becoming free agents there. Not sure what the Norwegian league is like these days but I'm sure there's a few gems in there. I know the Swedish league is a bit more decent so that could be an interesting one. 

I’d take this guy…. 

Victor Edvardsen

12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I’d take this guy…. 

Victor Edvardsen

Nice find! I think he would officially have the most impressive goalscoring record of anyone linked to Hearts if we went for him haha :D 

August Landmesser
10 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

That Jake Mulraney at Atlanta Utd is doing ok, I hear

:peepwall:

18 minutes ago, RDSK said:

In amongst the Zeefuiks, Sows and Laffertys, occasionally a player comes along that we should absolutely re-sign. 

8D3B4CFF-CB63-412B-BE05-1FE090C096A7.jpeg

Can’t blame him for looking for the big money on the back of his best year or two. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Can’t blame him for looking for the big money on the back of his best year or two. 

Is he out of contract in the summer? If so it's a no brainer 

4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

MLS and Scandinavian League's have a few potential options. 

The Scandinavian League's a good place to do some shopping this time of year. :thumbsup:

All we need is a big commanding centre half, a right wing back, a prolific goal scorer and maybe get a bonus winger or midfielder.    Just fill the bags I say, take as many quality deals as possible. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, RDSK said:

In amongst the Zeefuiks, Sows and Laffertys, occasionally a player comes along that we should absolutely re-sign. 

8D3B4CFF-CB63-412B-BE05-1FE090C096A7.jpeg

He's a clever player, aware and technically very good. 

Definitely one that along side the, likes of GMS, Boyce, McKay even Woodburn would fit in well. 

Is he for enough and focused enoght tho, that is the big question. 

Maybe he's matured a little. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

SomethingAboutObua

Noticed in Neilsons interview he said we have a couple strikers here and want someone that offers something different to what we have. Makes me think Gnanduillet will be being kept on as the target man, so possibly going for someone that's more of a poacher type striker? Gino-Boyce-Gnanduillet means we've got that pace to strength range so assuming it's not physical characteristics he's talking about? 

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Noticed in Neilsons interview he said we have a couple strikers here and want someone that offers something different to what we have. Makes me think Gnanduillet will be being kept on as the target man, so possibly going for someone that's more of a poacher type striker? Gino-Boyce-Gnanduillet means we've got that pace to strength range so assuming it's not physical characteristics he's talking about? 

If Gnandos not gone in January he'll be gone In June. 

Gnando is as weak as piss as well. 

The problem in January is that no team wants to lose their better players and no one wants a shit player. 

1 hour ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Gnanduillet needs punted as soon as possible, offers nothing that RN seems to be after and is overall, shite

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

A Japanese forward I'm hearing 

From jkb? 

If so, me too. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's a clever player, aware and technically very good. 

Definitely one that along side the, likes of GMS, Boyce, McKay even Woodburn would fit in well. 

Is he for enough and focused enoght tho, that is the big question. 

Maybe he's matured a little. 

In football, as in life, it's good practice to never go back. Unless it was really, really great the first time round.

So in the case of Robbo, that's a massive, resounding YES.

Tony Watt? Not so much.

49 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

A Japanese forward I'm hearing 

Meshino ?    

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic