** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

2 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Noticed in Neilsons interview he said we have a couple strikers here and want someone that offers something different to what we have. Makes me think Gnanduillet will be being kept on as the target man, so possibly going for someone that's more of a poacher type striker? Gino-Boyce-Gnanduillet means we've got that pace to strength range so assuming it's not physical characteristics he's talking about? 

Gnando will be out the door depending on whether we can bring in the right type of player.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

In football, as in life, it's good practice to never go back. Unless it was really, really great the first time round.

So in the case of Robbo, that's a massive, resounding YES.

Tony Watt? Not so much.

I'd be bidding £100k for him in January. 

Punt Gnando to the moon. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's a clever player, aware and technically very good. 

Definitely one that along side the, likes of GMS, Boyce, McKay even Woodburn would fit in well. 

Is he for enough and focused enoght tho, that is the big question. 

Maybe he's matured a little. 

Was there not talk of him going to Morecombe?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, wavydavy said:

Was there not talk of him going to Morecombe?

****ing Morecombe. 

Offering more than an spfl side. 

Utter horse shit. 

Would fit his nomadic career tho. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Punt Gnando to the moon. 

Glad you're not holding the purse strings to be honest. 😄 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Glad you're not holding the purse strings to be honest. 😄 

We take more than that in 1 month of FoH subs. 

It's not a lot

Given his current form he could add 10-15 goals to us in the second half of the season. 

Maybe we can do better for a striker to hit the ground running tho. 

Time will tell. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

rudi must stay

Tony Watt now there would be a signing. He's hit his peak as a footballer, always had talent now he's become more of a team player, he keeps going and doesn't get frustrated.

3 hours ago, Sertse said:

Thought that was Gary Naismith at first glance , time to put my glasses on 

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

People are honestly mental if they would take Tony Watt back. 

Avoid at all costs. 

I know.

Praised to the skies for finally screwing the nut and getting himself fit and focused at 27.

Still looks like he's blawin' oot his erse after 10 minutes though.

rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Avoid at all costs. 

If you wouldn't have him back your mental. All aboard the Tony Watt train 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Avoid at all costs. 

If we can do better then great. 

He's probably the best and most inform striker atm outside the uglies. 

Nothing wrong with taking these sort of players - best players from other clubs around us, especially when heading out of contract. 

Hopefully we can get better tho. 

IMO he's Better than Nisbet and Shankland and there was a clamour from many to get them.

Especially Shankland. 

For context Shankland is 26, Watt is 27 (28 soon). 

Watt is on great form and decent players like him are always welcome. If we only sign one striker in this window then I wouldn't want it to be him though. He's very similar to Boyce in style of play and always had a tendency to drop deep.

What we need is a focal point imo. A striker who will stay up top and give the opposition defence a battle making space for Boyce and others. 

We either need a player who does what Gnando is supposed to do (rough up defenders, win headers and lay the ball off) or we need a quick and tireless runner who will make the angled runs in behind and stretch the game, taking advantage of Souttar and Kingsleys pasing range.

If we sign either of the above types of players then we should look at Watt

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Watt is on great form and decent players like him are always welcome. If we only sign one striker in this window then I wouldn't want it to be him though. He's very similar to Boyce in style of play and always had a tendency to drop deep.

What we need is a focal point imo. A striker who will stay up top and give the opposition defence a battle making space for Boyce and others. 

We either need a player who does what Gnando is supposed to do (rough up defenders, win headers and lay the ball off) or we need a quick and tireless runner who will make the angled runs in behind and stretch the game, taking advantage of Souttar and Kingsleys pasing range.

If we sign either of the above types of players then we should look at Watt

All well and good but the guy has had more clubs than Tiger Woods.

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

All well and good but the guy has had more clubs than Tiger Woods.

Of course, it would 100% be a gamble signing. 

But If we were to sign the type of striker that we really need and then signed Watt then I don't think it would take away anything from our squad capabilities if he was to match the contribution of Woodburn or Ginnelly. If he was to be better than those players then hey presto, we've improved the team.

5 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Of course, it would 100% be a gamble signing. 

But If we were to sign the type of striker that we really need and then signed Watt then I don't think it would take away anything from our squad capabilities if he was to match the contribution of Woodburn or Ginnelly. If he was to be better than those players then hey presto, we've improved the team.

Once bitten, twice shy with him, I'm afraid.  Not for me.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Once bitten, twice shy with him, I'm afraid.  Not for me.

Fair enough, I'm only open to the concept due to his form in this league. Reality is that there's probably a better option that Joe and Robbie are aware of in a different league anyway.

46 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Avoid at all costs. 

9 goals in 18 appearances this season I believe

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Punt Gnando to the moon. 

I'm not excited about Tony Watt. Something about him makes me question if he'd manage the mental side of playing for a club with expectation. Last time was an unmitigated disaster. 

He is very much on form though, so he does look to be a player worth thinking about.

I wonder if we could loan Gnando to Motherwell if we did that deal?

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm not excited about Tony Watt. Something about him makes me question if he'd manage the mental side of playing for a club with expectation. Last time was an unmitigated disaster. 

He is very much on form though, so he does look to be a player worth thinking about.

Yeah, questions are to be answered about his mental capability, but he's older now and imo his last spell wasn't a complete disaster. 

He was ineffective, but he was a good player. 

Tbh, any player we get there will be question marks. 

Like all transfers it would depend on the cost, he's not worth breaking the bank for but he's worth consideration imo. 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Gnando would prefer a move back to France - is his wife still living there with their child?

Edited by frankblack

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Well, that came from nowhere.

IT CAME FROM NOWHERE...!!!

Godzilla (1998) - IMDb

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Avoid at all costs. 

They won’t all work but I think our signings in the summer showed a high level of ambition. I don’t think that applies to Watt. 

coatbridgejambo
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Avoid at all costs. 

I'm on this train

Personally just think it's a purple patch he's on . I could be wrong though. 

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

A Japanese forward I'm hearing 

Someone posted about Daiya Tono a couple of weeks ago.

Clark Griswold

I reckon Watt would work well with Boyce. Added bonus they’re pals so already have a relationship. I wouldn’t be averse to him coming in tbh. 

Edited by Clark Griswold

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah, questions are to be answered about his mental capability, but he's older now and imo his last spell wasn't a complete disaster. 

He was ineffective, but he was a good player. 

Tbh, any player we get there will be question marks. 

Like all transfers it would depend on the cost, he's not worth breaking the bank for but he's worth consideration imo. 

Some folk keep saying "we can do better".   Probably true, but that doesn't mean we should write off a player scoring a goal every 2 games who is on the market for a pre-contract in a 2 weeks time.   He was indeed a decent skilful player last time, but for whatever reason he seldom scored.   Same with Sammon.   We had a marginally better return from Isma Goncalves and John Sutton, but nothing to get overly excited about.      For some reason, we've got rather a poor record at getting decent goalscorers from other clubs to replicate it at Hearts.

Is it the way we deploy them ? Or are our wingers and midfield not accurate enough at crossing/passing ?

At the moment we have one decent striker.

So yes I would be happy enough if Tony Watt signed as he would be a massive improvement to our squad. Not sure he is the right guy though.

Shankland's team is bottom of their league and he doesn't play every week. No idea if we could get him in on loan. They would want to recoup the fee they paid if it was a permanent move. But he's not proven himself at Premiership level so not sure he's the right guy.

Cummings may be getting kicked out of Dundee and I would much prefer him on our bench than Gnanduillet. Could be a cheap option to pick up as a squad player. I really don't care about his Hibs and Rangers past. He knows how to score goals. Or did. But not sure he's the right guy.

Watt is 27, the other two are 26. Any of them would improve our squad and compete with Boyce.

But I am hoping that Savage and his team have a wee list of goal scoring strikers we have never heard of who are of the same quality as Devin and Beni and could be the next Robbo. If they do, I will be delighted.

Wouldn't be against trying to sign two strikers this window. With Moore covering Smith, we don't really need players anywhere else except for better back up to Gordon.

32 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Some folk keep saying "we can do better".   Probably true, but that doesn't mean we should write off a player scoring a goal every 2 games who is on the market for a pre-contract in a 2 weeks time.   He was indeed a decent skilful player last time, but for whatever reason he seldom scored.   Same with Sammon.   We had a marginally better return from Isma Goncalves and John Sutton, but nothing to get overly excited about.      For some reason, we've got rather a poor record at getting decent goalscorers from other clubs to replicate it at Hearts.

Is it the way we deploy them ? Or are our wingers and midfield not accurate enough at crossing/passing ?

The last time we had a striker who averaged 20+ goals a season was Zeefuik.

Watt seems to be a confidence player. He didn't get goals early last time with us and it seemed to get to him. Almost tried to over complicate things. Wanted an extra touch or beat one player more. Always gets a good reception when he comes back to tynie. I wouldn't be adverse to him coming back. Would improve our squad. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

To be honest if we managed to punt Gnando, Walker and probably also Woodburn in January I’d be happy if we brought Watt in as one of our attacking options. But I’d want another better striker also and as we would have 3 spaces I’d bring back Henderson

Never Let Them Forget
1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

So yes I would be happy enough if Tony Watt signed as he would be a massive improvement to our squad. Not sure he is the right guy though.

Shankland's team is bottom of their league and he doesn't play every week. No idea if we could get him in on loan. They would want to recoup the fee they paid if it was a permanent move. But he's not proven himself at Premiership level so not sure he's the right guy.

Cummings may be getting kicked out of Dundee and I would much prefer him on our bench than Gnanduillet. Could be a cheap option to pick up as a squad player. I really don't care about his Hibs and Rangers past. He knows how to score goals. Or did. But not sure he's the right guy.

Watt is 27, the other two are 26. Any of them would improve our squad and compete with Boyce.

But I am hoping that Savage and his team have a wee list of goal scoring strikers we have never heard of who are of the same quality as Devin and Beni and could be the next Robbo. If they do, I will be delighted.

Wouldn't be against trying to sign two strikers this window. With Moore covering Smith, we don't really need players anywhere else except for better back up to Gordon.

I would rather Christian Nade now than Jason Cummings on our bench. That’s a terrible suggestion he can’t even get a game for Dundee.

August Landmesser

I'd rather Alan Cummings on our bench than Jason; much classier, with infinitely better poise, timing and style.

I'd rather sit on the bench myself, in my skants, than sign Cummings. 

8 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

If you wouldn't have him back your mental. All aboard the Tony Watt train 

Wasn’t he marked down as a non trier last he was here ? Hasn’t that been a feature of his entire career in fact ? And now finally the penny drops and he puts a shift in to 1. Stop his career going down the toilet completely and 2. Get some mug club to give him a 3 year deal

Iwouldn’t touch him based on his last period here. I’m done with players who think they’re too fecking good for this club. GMS is another prime example of such a player and our manager refuses to see it. I’ll be dancing in the street when that **** leaves

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Unsure, but in Watt's case up until Motherwell he's not been prolific for any club so with him it wasn't just a Hearts thing. 

I agree, he played well for us without scoring too many but imo he had his qualities. 

He also seemed to enjoy his spell with us and I agree strikers on form and on free transfers are not to be sniffed it. 

Maybe we can do better, but if it's a young guy on loan or a punt from the English lower division then a goal return is not guaranteed either. 

Also, Watts quality of goals rather than quantity is what makes him worthwhile if possible imo. 

SomethingAboutObua

Dundee's captain's just been arrested for drink driving, their vice captain's been convicted of assault twice while playing for the team (3 times total) and couldn't play midweek games because of his electronic ankle tag, their main striker is a guy with so many publicly documented personal and professional problems everyone thought his career was over about 5 times in the past 2 year alone, and their manager and coach were involved in a pub brawl last year....And Jason Cummings is the only one that has been asked to leave that team?  Clearly far, far, far more going on with him, whether serious stuff or he's just not good to have in the dressing room, than just he went to the Hydro and was a Covid risk.

No thanks. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Jason Cummings told to find a new club. 

Here we go........ 

:jambobanana:

Cumdog is a funny one.

I honestly believe he'd bag 15-20 for us as he'd be playing for his team. But everything about the guy just screams no. And a goal at the Giro would be hilarious.

You cab file it under no as Savage and his team would have no intention whatsoever.

Jason Cummings is finished at any reasonable level. Too unprofessional to be taken seriously. Teams aren't going to spend a grand a week or whatever on a clown that isn't 100% committed. Another waster. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Jason Cummings is finished at any reasonable level. Too unprofessional to be taken seriously. Teams aren't going to spend a grand a week or whatever on a clown that isn't 100% committed. Another waster. 

Hungover and couldn’t train yesterday 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic