• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

13 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

A Japanese forward and Halkett to Sheep.

Oh, c'mon - Halkett won't be going to Aberdeen.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Morgan said:

Oh, c'mon - Halkett won't be going to Aberdeen.

No-one takes Agentjambo seriously. He's not in the know, and apart from Savage and Neilson, I doubt anyone is.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No-one takes Agentjambo seriously. He's not in the know, and apart from Savage and Neilson, I doubt anyone is.

I think you're probably right on both counts.

On 10/12/2021 at 10:13, Batistuta87 said:

Quiet one at work this morning so I've had a look through some potential loans:

Liam Delap (Man City) ST

Dane Scarlett (Spurs) ST

Ellis Simms (Everton) ST

Joel Gelhardt (Leeds) ST

Adam Idah (Norwich) ST

Josh Eppiah (Leicester) ST

Anthony Elanga (Man Utd) ST/RW/LW

Jayden Braaf (Man City) RW/LW

Amad Diallo (Man Utd) RW/LW

Eliott Anderson (Newcastle) CAM

Kai Hoever (Wolves) RWB

Neco Williams (Liverpool) RWB

Kyle John (Everton) RWB

Bali Mumba (Norwich) RB

Anthony Glennon (Burnley) RB/LB

Teden Mengi (Man Utd) CB

Jarrod Branthwaite (Everton) CB

Charlie Cresswell (Leeds) CB

Rocky Bushiri (Norwich) CB

Also had a look for another Beni type signing (i.e. nominal fee from us, club might even release) and could only find a couple:

Sam McQueen (Southampton) LB/RB

Jaroslaw Jach (Palace) CB

Joel Valencia (Brentford) LW/RW/ST

Jacob Murphy (Newcastle) RWB/RW

Anyone see any names they know anything about and can pass a comment on? I've just plucked names off a list, haven't looked into how much they've played etc, how realistic it would be for us to get any of them, how much they earn, or if they're injured. Hoping JKB will tell me more :) 

Eliott Anderson

Interesting 

1 hour ago, A.JAMBO said:

Eliott Anderson

Interesting 

Doing well in the U23 league. 6 goals and 2 assists I think from 7-8 games is no bad going. Represented Scotland U21s as well.

Edited by Batistuta87

On 10/12/2021 at 10:13, Batistuta87 said:

Quiet one at work this morning so I've had a look through some potential loans:

Liam Delap (Man City) ST

Dane Scarlett (Spurs) ST

Ellis Simms (Everton) ST

Joel Gelhardt (Leeds) ST

Adam Idah (Norwich) ST

Josh Eppiah (Leicester) ST

Anthony Elanga (Man Utd) ST/RW/LW

Jayden Braaf (Man City) RW/LW

Amad Diallo (Man Utd) RW/LW

Eliott Anderson (Newcastle) CAM

Kai Hoever (Wolves) RWB

Neco Williams (Liverpool) RWB

Kyle John (Everton) RWB

Bali Mumba (Norwich) RB

Anthony Glennon (Burnley) RB/LB

Teden Mengi (Man Utd) CB

Jarrod Branthwaite (Everton) CB

Charlie Cresswell (Leeds) CB

Rocky Bushiri (Norwich) CB

Also had a look for another Beni type signing (i.e. nominal fee from us, club might even release) and could only find a couple:

Sam McQueen (Southampton) LB/RB

Jaroslaw Jach (Palace) CB

Joel Valencia (Brentford) LW/RW/ST

Jacob Murphy (Newcastle) RWB/RW

Anyone see any names they know anything about and can pass a comment on? I've just plucked names off a list, haven't looked into how much they've played etc, how realistic it would be for us to get any of them, how much they earn, or if they're injured. Hoping JKB will tell me more :) 

Ellis Simms has been getting into the Everton squad recently. Performed really well for Blackpool on loan last season. Likelihood he’d have ended back there this season if he’d not been injured over summer. They were very keen to have him back. I’ve mentioned him on here a few times as a possible Baningime type signing but he’s signed a new contract with Everton now so that one has been put away.

Delap is knocking on door of first team squad and is rated very highly at City. Unlikely  he’s likely to be put out on loan.

One I know who is a possible is Dion Charles at Accrington. Lad I work with is well connected at Accrington and he’s still apparently not getting quoted as he’s refused to renew his contract. Rumours are a couple of Scottish clubs are looking at him as a nominal fee signing in winter window or pre contract. I don’t know if we’re one but I’m fairly certain Savage will have seen this lad as he’s played around Lancashire most of his career. 

Another possible for me is Kayden Jackson at Ipswich. He was a big money signing for Ipswich and was a reported 7 figure target for Birmingham about 18 months ago. Not quite sure what situation is with him there, I suspect he’s in last year of contract but he’s not getting game time. Possibly change of coach has been issue. I’ve been to Accrington a couple of times, Jackson was there. He had pace to burn and could score goals. Getting him on loan for 6 months might work for both parties.

2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Doing well in the U23 league. 6 goals and 2 assists I think from 7-8 games is no bad going. Represented Scotland U21s as well.

Would he be able to play at this level, we do need a threat. Pity we didn't have him on our books. I have heard he is an an excellent prospect.

I reckon Aberdeen would happily chuck 5k a week at Halkett which I don't think we would. While I doubt he'd choose Aberdeen over Hearts, money talks. 

We really need to open the purse strings. While we have an OK squad, we lack real quality especially in attacking areas and desperately need a striker. If we were to only sign one quality player in January, I'd be happy if it was a striker. 

The summer will be a huge test for us. We need Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley, Haring, Smith signed up then we need to replace Souttar. If we could get Cochrane long term, that would sort out LB. On top of that, we need to improve on what we've got. RWB, CB, AM, ST.

Real quality is needed. Not, free transfers from Championship clubs or loaning wee laddies from EPL reserves, proper quality.

I'm sure there will be Zal's, Velicka and Skacel's out there playing at places that pay pennies. Just need the scouts to hunt down these gems. 

Malinga the Swinga

Why don't we ask the ITK experts? They usually like to share their knowledge with us, or are they waiting till someone else posts something so they can confirm what's being said.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aberdeen offer silly money. Their wage bill is about 14million. 

Yup. I think we could sign better than Halkett for less than what Aberdeen will pay him. But Aberdeen as you say throw money around with a much more miss than hit rate.

After the summer experience, I doubt anyone knows who is signing unless it breaks in local media of where the player is based or someone on here finds out in the very final stages. But I am sure Joe Savage and his recruitment team have been doing the ground work on signings in January. 

Edited by jamboinglasgow

6 hours ago, Takis51 said:

Although I'm frustrated about today think we need to remember Joe Savage and William Lancefield have only had one transfer window so far and we already have the strongest squad since 2005/06. Excited to see what they have up there sleeve. Hopefully a goalscorer and another gem of a CB in the same bracket of Devlin/Baningime(if Souttar leaves which is looking more and more likely)

Put it that way aye, good way of looking at the situation, we're in no hurry, when right players come along  hopefully we get them🤞

57 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Ellis Simms has been getting into the Everton squad recently. Performed really well for Blackpool on loan last season. Likelihood he’d have ended back there this season if he’d not been injured over summer. They were very keen to have him back. I’ve mentioned him on here a few times as a possible Baningime type signing but he’s signed a new contract with Everton now so that one has been put away.

Delap is knocking on door of first team squad and is rated very highly at City. Unlikely  he’s likely to be put out on loan.

One I know who is a possible is Dion Charles at Accrington. Lad I work with is well connected at Accrington and he’s still apparently not getting quoted as he’s refused to renew his contract. Rumours are a couple of Scottish clubs are looking at him as a nominal fee signing in winter window or pre contract. I don’t know if we’re one but I’m fairly certain Savage will have seen this lad as he’s played around Lancashire most of his career. 

Another possible for me is Kayden Jackson at Ipswich. He was a big money signing for Ipswich and was a reported 7 figure target for Birmingham about 18 months ago. Not quite sure what situation is with him there, I suspect he’s in last year of contract but he’s not getting game time. Possibly change of coach has been issue. I’ve been to Accrington a couple of times, Jackson was there. He had pace to burn and could score goals. Getting him on loan for 6 months might work for both parties.

I'd heard (can't remember where unfortunately) that Everton were really keen to get Simms out on loan to get him some games. Like you say he has appeared in the match day squad a few times so don't know about that now. 

I know very little about Delap. I know he's quite highly rated down there but seems to be miles off getting any sort of time in the first team from reading a few bits and pieces online. 

RE Jackson and Charles I think I'd maybe be slightly disappointed in these two - they have a bit of the Cole Stocktons about them. Jackson in particular seems to be a bit lower quality than we need.

If we're looking at English Championship strikers then I'd love us to go back in for Adebayo, whom we narrowly missed out on last season. His contract is up at the end of the season and would be a big upgrade on Gnando. Same goes for Jamie Patterson at Swansea and Izzy Brown at PNE, whose ear Joe Savage might already have been in. Ex Chelsea youth, loads of pace, signs of Beni in that his career trajectory has dipped and he'll want to get it back on the upward track. There's a Scottish lad Brown at Stoke too who I've had my eye on for a wee while. Don't know if he's maybe too expensive though because he is decent. Also on a slightly unrelated subject since he's a midfielder but I see that Joe Allen is out of contract there too - he would be an absolutely smashing signing if we had the money. 

Edited by Batistuta87

What do folk make of the non-announcement (so far) of our goalkeeper signing a new contract ?     Has he already signed and the club are just waiting for the right moment to announce it ?    Or  is  he  actually holding out just to  see if a big club  come in for him waving their cheque book ?     

I just find it strange and a bit concerning that our biggest asset (and home grown fan) hasn't yet set an example to our other soon-to-be-out-of-contract players that committing to Hearts is good for their career.

36 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup. I think we could sign better than Halkett for less than what Aberdeen will pay him. But Aberdeen as you say throw money around with a much more miss than hit rate.

After the summer experience, I doubt anyone knows who is signing unless it breaks in local media of where the player is based or someone on here finds out in the very final stages. But I am sure Joe Savage and his recruitment team have been doing the ground work on signings in January. 

They'll be all Cammy Devlin type signings imo, no one will have a clue about them. That said, someone did know in advance we were signing a midfielder from Australia but no more than that.

I'm sure Joe, George Brown and Lancefield will have had a shortlist of players drawn up and we will have been whittling them down since the summer and are probably already in negotiations. 

The new work permit rules for Scotland will allow us to search further afield too. We've been restricted to a very small pool from where we can actually sign players from until now. 

3 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

What about Defoe ( Rangers ) until the end of the season if we cannot get a striker in.

Really upping the average age of the squad with that one, and I would wonder about his fitness considering he's barely kicked a baw this season. Ideally we're going to want someone to hit the ground running. 

He does know where the goal is though, and if he wants to play to to try and get himself a club next season then I'm sure we could give him some game time. He's just got engaged to a Scottish lassie who has a multi million pound business up here so assuming he's planning on staying up here... 

6 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

What do folk make of the non-announcement (so far) of our goalkeeper signing a new contract ?     Has he already signed and the club are just waiting for the right moment to announce it ?    Or  is  he  actually holding out just to  see if a big club  come in for him waving their cheque book ?     

I just find it strange and a bit concerning that our biggest asset (and home grown fan) hasn't yet set an example to our other soon-to-be-out-of-contract players that committing to Hearts is good for their career.

My biggest fear is that Gordon would be an ideal 2nd choice keeper for a big club looking for solid reliable backup. A one year deal and 50k a week to sit on the bench at Chelsea or something and maybe win another trophy, might be too good to turn down at this stage of his career.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

My biggest fear is that Gordon would be an ideal 2nd choice keeper for a big club looking for solid reliable backup. A one year deal and 50k a week to sit on the bench at Chelsea or something and maybe win another trophy, might be too good to turn down at this stage of his career.

Yep. Thats a possibility. But I'd have thought that CG needs to keep playing every week in order to keep his Scotland place - that was his reason for leaving Celtic and coming "home".      It's disappointing if he's holding out for the sort of wages which he must know Hearts can't afford to pay.

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

They'll be all Cammy Devlin type signings imo, no one will have a clue about them. That said, someone did know in advance we were signing a midfielder from Australia but no more than that.

I'm sure Joe, George Brown and Lancefield will have had a shortlist of players drawn up and we will have been whittling them down since the summer and are probably already in negotiations. 

The new work permit rules for Scotland will allow us to search further afield too. We've been restricted to a very small pool from where we can actually sign players from until now. 

I'm never normally one who goes against the money trail when it comes to players decisions but...I genuinely could see Gordon turn that sort of deal down. I think playing at the WC (should Scotland make it), which would be in doubt should he be a benchwarmer, would take precendence over earning a few extra bob.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'm never normally one who goes against the money trail when it comes to players decisions but...I genuinely could see Gordon turn that sort of deal down. I think playing at the WC (should Scotland make it), which would be in doubt should he be a benchwarmer, would take precendence over earning a few extra bob.

Yeah I would agree. Plus he is most likely going to have a chance at European football next season. And he is guanrateed a coaching role at Hearts when he retires (or can do it as a duel role when he chooses.)

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah I would agree. Plus he is most likely going to have a chance at European football next season. And he is guanrateed a coaching role at Hearts when he retires (or can do it as a duel role when he chooses.)

He's likely set up for life already with wages from Sunderland and Celtic. I think playing football is more important to him in the latter stages of his career.

9 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I'd heard (can't remember where unfortunately) that Everton were really keen to get Simms out on loan to get him some games. Like you say he has appeared in the match day squad a few times so don't know about that now. 

I know very little about Delap. I know he's quite highly rated down there but seems to be miles off getting any sort of time in the first team from reading a few bits and pieces online. 

RE Jackson and Charles I think I'd maybe be slightly disappointed in these two - they have a bit of the Cole Stocktons about them. Jackson in particular seems to be a bit lower quality than we need.

If we're looking at English Championship strikers then I'd love us to go back in for Adebayo, whom we narrowly missed out on last season. His contract is up at the end of the season and would be a big upgrade on Gnando. Same goes for Jamie Patterson at Swansea and Izzy Brown at PNE, whose ear Joe Savage might already have been in. Ex Chelsea youth, loads of pace, signs of Beni in that his career trajectory has dipped and he'll want to get it back on the upward track. There's a Scottish lad Brown at Stoke too who I've had my eye on for a wee while. Don't know if he's maybe too expensive though because he is decent. Also on a slightly unrelated subject since he's a midfielder but I see that Joe Allen is out of contract there too - he would be an absolutely smashing signing if we had the money. 

Delap may get game time on FA Cup. There’s another lad there, midfielder whose name escapes me is in same boat, very highly thought of and will probably get game time then as well.

Charles I’ll give you. I’ve not seen him personally (pandemic and shift work) but the lad who I work with rates him highly. Whether he could step it up, that’s the unknown but I’m sure he’s had game time for NI so maybe he could. 

Jackson I’d have to disagree with you about. I was desperate for us to make a move for him before he went to Ipswich. Big strong lad, lightning quick, could put the ball in back of net. Reminded me a bit of Sow with his strength and pace. Clearly had something about him when Ipswich paid about 750k for him IIRC. He was reportedly subject of a 1m plus bid by Birmingham. He was getting game time regularly under Lambert there. I don’t keep much of an eye on things but know he’s not really getting quoted there now so whether it was injury or the new manager not liking him, he’s not  getting quoted. For 6 months, he’d give us a different option and put himself in the shop window. I’m sure it was reported he’d signed for 3 year deal at the time of transfer so he’d be free in summer if he impressed.

Adebayo, I’m fairly certain that boat will have sailed. He’ll either sign a new deal with Luton or make move to bigger Championship club. That was one we should have pushed boat out on. The others I don’t know.

1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Delap may get game time on FA Cup. There’s another lad there, midfielder whose name escapes me is in same boat, very highly thought of and will probably get game time then as well.

Charles I’ll give you. I’ve not seen him personally (pandemic and shift work) but the lad who I work with rates him highly. Whether he could step it up, that’s the unknown but I’m sure he’s had game time for NI so maybe he could. 

Jackson I’d have to disagree with you about. I was desperate for us to make a move for him before he went to Ipswich. Big strong lad, lightning quick, could put the ball in back of net. Reminded me a bit of Sow with his strength and pace. Clearly had something about him when Ipswich paid about 750k for him IIRC. He was reportedly subject of a 1m plus bid by Birmingham. He was getting game time regularly under Lambert there. I don’t keep much of an eye on things but know he’s not really getting quoted there now so whether it was injury or the new manager not liking him, he’s not  getting quoted. For 6 months, he’d give us a different option and put himself in the shop window. I’m sure it was reported he’d signed for 3 year deal at the time of transfer so he’d be free in summer if he impressed.

Adebayo, I’m fairly certain that boat will have sailed. He’ll either sign a new deal with Luton or make move to bigger Championship club. That was one we should have pushed boat out on. The others I don’t know.

Nice one - thanks. I've sort of lost interest in English football now that I'm not traveling as much at work (had a ST at Pride Park (freebie since I work for a sponsor) a couple of years ago because I was there so much!) so will bow to your superior knowledge 🙂

Fair enough RE Jackson. I can't say I noticed him back when I was going to some English games so don't think I've seen him in the flesh, only watched him very briefly in a couple of games on the telly last season. Didn't think he was up to much on the ball but might have just been having a bad game. If he's got anything like Sow's eye for goal then he'd be a good addition. 

Adebayo has done alright for Luton I think. Not amazing but not bad. I can't see there being a big fight for him or anything so would like us to have our hat in the ring. I'm just thinking (wishfully, perhaps) that with us having agreed terms with him and him keen to join last year but failing to agree a fee with his club, that he would definitely consider us. Would be a great one to get on a pre-contract in January if we could, but like you say, probably easy enough for him to get another Championship club if he wanted to stay down there and was getting decent money. 

MLS has finished and this is their out of contract time, so that might be worth exploring. The rumour above about a RWB as an interesting one because that lad is an absolute tank. Was a CB previously but moved to RB because he's only 5'10 but he's built like a brick shithouse.

Edited by Batistuta87

jamboinglasgow
18 hours ago, DC_92 said:

22 year old Canadian international right-wing-back.

Not out of contract for another 12 months and Brondby were in the Europa League groups this year so I wouldn't necessarily expect us to get him but good to know we're after an RWB.

If it is true we are looking to sign him, one thing that will help us is that our former striker Bjorn Johnsen is his team mate at Montreal (and also Wanyama is another team mate with experience playing in Scotland.)

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Agree with this. Gordon has earned probably £20M over the course of his career. He's just finished renovating a big hoose with his new fiancée, who has just had a baby in addition to him having 2 other young kids. I really can't see him uprooting his life and his young family at this age, and risking his place in the Scotland squad, for another couple. We should play fair and pay him as much as we possibly can though. Not one person or player at the club would grudge him it. 

That said though, I certainly wouldn't blame him if he did. Money's money at the end of the day!!

Edited by Batistuta87

13 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Must be offering more than Aberdeen from now on. 

It's not just about paying more or less than Aberdeen, yes we should be in the position to outbid them but not just for the sake of it, it has to be the right player and that's not Halkett if we need to hit 5.5/6k a week just to pay more than Aberdeen.

13 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Yep. Thats a possibility. But I'd have thought that CG needs to keep playing every week in order to keep his Scotland place - that was his reason for leaving Celtic and coming "home".      It's disappointing if he's holding out for the sort of wages which he must know Hearts can't afford to pay.

Problem is, at this stage, I reckon CG would be first choice for Scotland even if he's sitting on the bench at a big club. He's too good to drop and miles ahead of the alternatives.

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Two strikers…..move Gnando on.

Two wingers…..move GMS, Gino and Walker on.

Would you bring Henderson back to or keep him out on loan ?

jamboinglasgow
32 minutes ago, Pingu said:

Problem is, at this stage, I reckon CG would be first choice for Scotland even if he's sitting on the bench at a big club. He's too good to drop and miles ahead of the alternatives.

I disagree, look at David Marshall. He was Steve Clarke's first choice, but doesn't get a game for Derby so doesn't even get in the squad. 

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

I’d be binning him tbh.

I'd like to see him get a chance in second half of season . Can't see him being any worse than Gnando as an option from the bench. Of course I would love it if someone better than both of them was recruited.

16 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He won’t go to a World Cup if he isn’t playing first team football every week. 

28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He won’t go to a World Cup if he isn’t playing first team football every week. 

Money talks though and tbf, who's going to start ahead of him? 

43 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

I'd like to see him get a chance in second half of season . Can't see him being any worse than Gnando as an option from the bench. Of course I would love it if someone better than both of them was recruited.

This is where I am too, a fast, mobile, on form striker is just what we need as a foil to Boyce. Don't forget he was coming onto a game at the end of the championship season. Given Robbie's usual plan to bring on a winger at 60 mins, how about bringing on Hendo as a plan B.

Italian Lambretta
47 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

If we sneakily swapped Gnando for Charles-Cook in January do you think anyone would notice ?

Do they lookalike?

50 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

If we sneakily swapped Gnando for Charles-Cook in January do you think anyone would notice ?

Ross County would notice 

We need a striker who WILL make a difference, not one who MIGHT make a difference.

Hendo is still to me in the "might" category. Not ideal but still an improvement on someone with "no chance" of making a difference like (unfortunately) Gnando. ☹️.

The challenge for Joe and Co. is to make meaningful their months of player analysis and get a genuine improvement in up front. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic