** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

That sounds like a decent policy to me as GMS and Gnando are a waste of time for me. It will be interesting to see what sort of age bracket our next signings will be. The new Aussie RWB is only 22.

It’s a decent policy if implemented correctly. And if we get more Baningime and Devlin’s on our books we’d all be happy I’m sure. Can all be winners, and we’ll undoubtedly encounter out of contract situations like we are with Souttar so not making profit at all sometimes, but if can garner a few hidden gems that do the business and move on after a few seasons to bigger and better things then I’m all good with it. Too often we sign players only for them to never play for a bigger club than us in the rest of their careers.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

25 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s a decent policy if implemented correctly. And if we get more Baningime and Devlin’s on our books we’d all be happy I’m sure. Can all be winners, and we’ll undoubtedly encounter out of contract situations like we are with Souttar so not making profit at all sometimes, but if can garner a few hidden gems that do the business and move on after a few seasons to bigger and better things then I’m all good with it. Too often we sign players only for them to never play for a bigger club than us in the rest of their careers.

It is a decent policy and there will always be one or two that don't make the grade or fit in but I would rather this than how we were under out last Manager/ Coach/DOF.

Tynecastlesmychurch
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I think it’s always been Savage’s policy, but supposedly we didn’t implement it properly until the summer as he was just in the door and January is a notoriously tricky window to operate in. Same goes for GMS last January too, I suspect he wouldn’t be signed if the opportunity was now rather than a year ago.

And I did say “since the summer” and Gnanduillet was signed last January, in case you’re mixed up?

If it means anything to you?

I certainly noticed you said “since the summer” 

Merry Christmas! 😊👍🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by Tynecastlesmychurch

If we were to sell Souttar in January then it needs to be spent to secure third place. The Atkinson deal may be getting done with this in mind. 

Wouldn't mind a cheeky fee on a striker and a centre back.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Clearly that says "Soapy." 😎

Soapy slaps 😮. Reminds me of a girlfriend I had in the 90’s 

Don’t want to see Tony Watt in a Hearts jersey again he’s had his chance I will never forgive him for the miss against his beloved celtic      

4 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

That would be outstanding. McGrath would be a coup and a big slap in the face for Hibs. Can't see it happening as we seem to be spreading our recruitment search well beyond the SPFL.

That said, Tony Watt is still floating out there. He clearly has an offer up his sleeve that, if it's in Scotland, can only realistically be from Aberdeen (who are desperate for a goal scorer), Hibs or us. My bet is Aberdeen. Even tho' he didn't do well last time with us, he would now fit better into our 343 system and would be an upgrade on Woodburn.

56 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Don’t want to see Tony Watt in a Hearts jersey again he’s had his chance I will never forgive him for the miss against his beloved celtic      

I’m sure in one of the podcast’s Joe Savage did at the start of the season he spoke about how he does background checks on the potential targets to see if they’re a good fit for the club. Don’t imagine Tony Watt faring too well it that’s the case. 

11 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Would not be surprised to see a signing from Scandanavia in this window.

Big bloke,a bit heavy,white beard?

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Big bloke,a bit heavy,white beard?

hope not, hear he does nothing after December and keeps gifting balls away.

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, j1964m said:

Some Hearts fan on Twitter told me Watt is in fact a Hearts fan? Born in Motherwell but apparently his family are Hearts fans? Dunno if that's true or not. He has mentioned before about Hearts being the big team in Edinburgh.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

7 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Some Hearts fan on Twitter told me Watt is in fact a Hearts fan? Born in Motherwell but apparently his family are Hearts fans? Dunno if that's true or not. He has mentioned before about Hearts being the big team in Edinburgh.

The Hearts fan !! on twitter maybe just maybe talking shite 

Phil D. Corners

Did Neilson not sign Watt first time around? I would assume he knows all about him. 

We could do with a couple strikers to back up Boyce. Watt could be a value signing to boost the squad. 

1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Maybe, who knows? 

Correct

Sorry that wasnt meant to be a dig at you 

Cynics like me need more info rather than a random 

Woodburn and gnaduilet away so we desperately need more options upfront. Jason Cummings not getting a look in at Dundee and obvs a fan. Genuinely think he’d do a job up here 

Cummings , mon we are way better than that as an option

I honestly believe we have some cash to spend and are doing it wisely at last

Not all signings will be gems but thats the same for all clubs

I trust Savage and think  he will produce the goods again 

Cumdog at say 26 is a busted flush 

Just my opinion obviously 

7 minutes ago, maroon said:

Woodburn and gnaduilet away so we desperately need more options upfront. Jason Cummings not getting a look in at Dundee and obvs a fan. Genuinely think he’d do a job up here 

Jesus Christ

13 minutes ago, maroon said:

Really? I'd rather have Deputy dog than Cumdog

Phil D. Corners

Did Neilson not sign Watt first time around? I would assume he knows all about him. 

We could do with a couple strikers to back up Boyce. Watt could be a value signing to boost the squad. 

6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I take it this policy wasn't in place when we signed Gnanduillet?

How the f....k he ever made it as a professional is totally baffling, pure keech!!!@@@@

22 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Good post - didn't know these stats.     Lafferty turned out to be a gem of a  signing for us, when many thought he was past it.  Cost us money, gave us 19 goals,  and we sold him for money.   It turned out to be the final good season of his career.     

As folk have mention - whoever Joe identifies will be a gamble, no matter how well the guy has done at previous clubs.    One potential way to improve the chances of success at Hearts is maybe to sign 2 attacking players from the one club - they'll have played together and might be more productive than if only 1 had come.    Hopefully  the new Aussie guy will settle in quickly due to Cammy being here.  

Neil McCann and Jim Hamilton likesay ?? 🙂

Some people need to get over this Tony Watt nonsense.

short memories, he was dreadful with us previously.

his head wasn’t in it and had major doubts about his own ability, forever doubting himself.

A lot more than just a change of system required.

will have and has had the odd moment of magic in his career but no more than a poor mans Kyle Lafferty!

35 minutes ago, maroon said:

Aye at bar 1874

33 minutes ago, maroon said:

Sent to train with the under 18,s and told to find a new club in January because he was too pished to train with the first team, previous extremely chequered history. I hardly think he is the kind of player or fan that we want. Too much of the Hibs mentality ingrained in him now

The only place he is headed is Bonnyrigg Rose or the likes

10 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Sent to train with the under 18,s and told to find a new club in January because he was too pished to train with the first team, previous extremely chequered history. I hardly think he is the kind of player or fan that we want. Too much of the Hibs mentality ingrained in him now

Wouldn’t be a transfer thread without a mention of that 🚀😂  Surprised Lafferty hasn’t been (re) mentioned yet. 

Take aside his zoomer like behaviour, he’s quite simply not very good. 

WheatfieldWarrior
14 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Yep, too pished to train with Charlie Adam let that sink in.  Truly a headbanger's headbanger. 

1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

Wouldn’t be a transfer thread without a mention of that 🚀😂  Surprised Lafferty hasn’t been (re) mentioned yet. 

Take aside his zoomer like behaviour, he’s quite simply not very good. 

Cummings is not fit to lase Lafferty's boots.

5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Cummings is not fit to lase Lafferty's boots.

Absolutely. I wasn’t directly comparing them. Just highlighted the same names appear every window! 

Here’s hoping Joe & Co have something up their sleeves 🤞🏼

Guest ToqueJambo

The Tony Watt rumours, if they are real rumours, are interesting. If we sign a striker in January we needs someone who is in scoring form to have a chance of hitting the ground running, unless we can unearth another Zeefuik.

Watt was still young and wayward when he was with us before. He's always had talent, and if he really has screwed the nut he could be a very good - and relatively inexpensive - signing. Still only 28.

His style and personality fits how we play these days IMO. He's not the poacher some want but he's a bit like Boyce in that he has the ability to come deeper - kind of a hybrid of a striker and AM. In his first spell with us he did that too much and it didn't suit the team. I think he could slot in quite well on and off the pitch.

2 minutes ago, GorgieBoy2012 said:

Just caught up with this thread. Any rumours?

Totally fresh news

Cumdog has just sobered up and will be available in January, and someone on here reckons

"He could do a job":ermm:😂

3 minutes ago, GorgieBoy2012 said:

Just caught up with this thread. Any rumours?

McGrath,Watt and Findlay. Natty Akki in the bag and Gordon,Halkett and Kingsley on extensions. With Souttar to Stoke.

A big wish list but not impossible. 

13 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Absolutely. I wasn’t directly comparing them. Just highlighted the same names appear every window! 

Here’s hoping Joe & Co have something up their sleeves 🤞🏼

Matty I wasn't having a pop.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic