** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

We need a striker who WILL make a difference, not one who MIGHT make a difference.

Hendo is still to me in the "might" category. Not ideal but still an improvement on someone with "no chance" of making a difference like (unfortunately) Gnando. ☹️.

The challenge for Joe and Co. is to make meaningful their months of player analysis and get a genuine improvement in up front. 

Which is difficult at the best of times, in January it’s even harder. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

18 hours ago, Cruyff said:

My biggest fear is that Gordon would be an ideal 2nd choice keeper for a big club looking for solid reliable backup. A one year deal and 50k a week to sit on the bench at Chelsea or something and maybe win another trophy, might be too good to turn down at this stage of his career.

Craig aint going to Chelsea on £50k a week

That just aint happening at all

25 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

We need a striker who WILL make a difference, not one who MIGHT make a difference.

Hendo is still to me in the "might" category. Not ideal but still an improvement on someone with "no chance" of making a difference like (unfortunately) Gnando. ☹️.

The challenge for Joe and Co. is to make meaningful their months of player analysis and get a genuine improvement in up front. 

He's a good backup if we don't get any strikers in or just one instead of 2.

Gnanduillet needs punted as a matter of urgency

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Money talks though and tbf, who's going to start ahead of him? 

Big Jon  for one if he dislodges McGregor by this time next year - fair chance as McGregor will be nearly 41 by that time.

Clark if he is still playing as well is a second option. Marshall will move in January so he could be a first team regular again somewhere. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Big Jon  for one if he dislodges McGregor by this time next year - fair chance as McGregor will be nearly 41 by that time.

Clark if he is still playing as well is a second option. Marshall will move in January so he could be a first team regular again somewhere. 

Can't see it. None of them are near Gordon's standard. Clarke knows he made a mistake with Marshall at the Euros. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Can't see it. None of them are near Gordon's standard. Clarke knows he made a mistake with Marshall at the Euros. 

Gordon’s standards will drop immediately if he isn’t playing first team football every week esp at his age. Fortunately Craig realises that so expect him to be with us until he retires as a player then move into coaching role. Only issue is length of contract. 

2 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

I'd like to see him get a chance in second half of season . Can't see him being any worse than Gnando as an option from the bench. Of course I would love it if someone better than both of them was recruited.

I think this is too big a season to be handing a chance to Henderson.

We need two new strikers and Gnando can sit next to me for the remainder of his contract.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Gordon’s standards will drop immediately if he isn’t playing first team football every week esp at his age. Fortunately Craig realises that so expect him to be with us until he retires as a player then move into coaching role. Only issue is length of contract. 

I hope so. 

But if a big club chucks like £60k/£70 at him for a one year contract then he's off. 

Caps, loyalty-it won't matter, he'd Litterally be making 10 years money at Hearts in 1 year. 

I don't think that will happen tho, surley bigger clubs would want a younger keeper as back up. 

2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

I’m curious here. Was this Interview part of something bigger? As it seems an odd bit of video to come out today when in reality he doesn’t say much at all.

I wonder if Jon Rankin will be looking to get a couple of young players on loan he worked with from us in Jan, Would be a good level for some of the younger boys Finlay Pollock maybe to go play some games ?

The Grim Reaper
23 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I hope so. 

But if a big club chucks like £60k/£70 at him for a one year contract then he's off. 

Caps, loyalty-it won't matter, he'd Litterally be making 10 years money at Hearts in 1 year. 

I don't think that will happen tho, surley bigger clubs would want a younger keeper as back up. 

Insightful stuff Tosh. 

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/georgie-kelly-tells-bohemians-leaving-25688502.amp

Georgie Kelly informed Bohemians and Derry City over the weekend that he won’t be staying in the League of Ireland next season.

And Sligo Rovers’ rising star Johnny Kenny is also a flight risk amid mounting interest in the talented teenager from the English Premier League and Scottish top flight.

But Kelly - the Premier Division’s top scorer and recently crowned PFA Ireland ‘Player of the Year’ - is definitely pursuing offers elsewhere.

His decision to play abroad in 2022 is not a surprise, but he has confirmed his departure with the Gypsies so that his old club can plan without him for 2022.

The Candystripes have also been notified as they were sweet on the free agent who smashed 26 goals in all competitions this season.

Rotherham, Bradford City, Dundee and Ross County are among a lengthy list of English and Scottish clubs chasing the Donegal man.

But Kelly also has interesting offers from further afield and won’t make his final decision until early in the New Year once his exams have finished.

54 minutes ago, Sertse said:

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/georgie-kelly-tells-bohemians-leaving-25688502.amp

Georgie Kelly informed Bohemians and Derry City over the weekend that he won’t be staying in the League of Ireland next season.

And Sligo Rovers’ rising star Johnny Kenny is also a flight risk amid mounting interest in the talented teenager from the English Premier League and Scottish top flight.

But Kelly - the Premier Division’s top scorer and recently crowned PFA Ireland ‘Player of the Year’ - is definitely pursuing offers elsewhere.

His decision to play abroad in 2022 is not a surprise, but he has confirmed his departure with the Gypsies so that his old club can plan without him for 2022.

The Candystripes have also been notified as they were sweet on the free agent who smashed 26 goals in all competitions this season.

Rotherham, Bradford City, Dundee and Ross County are among a lengthy list of English and Scottish clubs chasing the Donegal man.

But Kelly also has interesting offers from further afield and won’t make his final decision until early in the New Year once his exams have finished.

Hearts interested?

10 hours ago, Sertse said:

Leveins Battalion
35 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Who is signing him?

They have no Sporting Director or Manager.If this was us it would billed as a disgrace.

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good one. Lol. cos we don't score goals lol. us? lol

We tend to sign players (apart from Boyce) who don’t know how to score goals 

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

We tend to sign players (apart from Boyce) who don’t know how to score goals 

That's because all the good strikers refuse to wear masks. It's true.

The way Joe was talking on that interview was interesting…he said that other clubs won’t want to sell their players mid-season,which sounds to me like we are planning to pay cash and not entering the free agent market

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Probably scores too many goals for us to be interested 😂

Aye, that's why. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

The way Joe was talking on that interview was interesting…he said that other clubs won’t want to sell their players mid-season,which sounds to me like we are planning to pay cash and not entering the free agent market

Or we are looking at free agents and loans  because clubs won't sell, unless for a daft fee. 

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Or we are looking at free agents and loans  because clubs won't sell, unless fur a daft fee. 

🤷‍♂️

Time will tell…

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

We tend to sign players who don’t know how to score goals 

Who do you mean, Craig Gordon ?

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Is that why we are 3rd top goal scorers in the top division of Scottish football. 

Robbie must be a magic man of considerable talent to deliver that with players that don't tend to score goals. 

14 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Yeah I'm sure if there was any free agents kicking about we would of picked them up between transfer windows like we have done in the past around Robbie first spell.

I reckon we will be out to spend money maybe cut prices with players contracts ending in the summer maybe. For example Tony Watt out of contract in the summer he will be leaving probably valued at 100k if we go and offer them 30K for him now Motherwell would accept if not then pre contract signed he will join for free in the summer and these smaller clubs loose out. 

Malinga the Swinga
19 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Don't know how to score goals or find it difficult to score goals in Scottish footballs top flight.

Come on mate, you'll need to do better.

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Who is signing him?

They have no Sporting Director or Manager.If this was us it would billed as a disgrace.

They probably have a similar signing style to septic where the board picks players and the manager is expected to play them, I don't think they actually get much say in signings. Septic signed players with no manager for a while.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is that why we are 3rd top goal scorers in the top division of Scottish football. 

Robbie must be a magic man of considerable talent to deliver that with players that don't tend to score goals. 

B29550CE-FA8F-4685-8C15-4D94DA9B2946.gif.22043f6dad793ddef70709f38e8135bd.gif

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Apart from Boyce, who else is a reliable goal scorer in our squad?

Morgaro Gomis

Colour me shocked that a certain poster is all over another thread having a go at Hearts/trying to get a reaction out of Hearts fans. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I've not done a comparison of all players and positions to gain any context. 

I've also not got the details on a players overall contribution one that scores. 

Unless he's scoring all his goals from the half way line or from our own goal kicks he'll need a team to help him score. 

We clearly have goal scorers tho and players that contribute to a good team or we wouldn't be third so your joke was shite. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Yeah I'm sure if there was any free agents kicking about we would of picked them up between transfer windows like we have done in the past around Robbie first spell.

I reckon we will be out to spend money maybe cut prices with players contracts ending in the summer maybe. For example Tony Watt out of contract in the summer he will be leaving probably valued at 100k if we go and offer them 30K for him now Motherwell would accept if not then pre contract signed he will join for free in the summer and these smaller clubs loose out. 

Watt has had an incredible season but can he replicate that next season? I would like a younger, hungry player rather than risk T W.

10 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Watt has had an incredible season but can he replicate that next season? I would like a younger, hungry player rather than risk T W.

I was using him as an example knowing he is out of contract, I would imagine Hearts would be in the market for players at cut prices knowing they were in the last 6 months of their contracts. 

adambraejambo
2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What about Kingsley. I just get to home games and Livi and Hibs away but from the games I've seen he has taken about 8/9 free kicks and scored 3 and hit the bar on another (this season) that's a better return on free kicks than C Ronaldo. 

Just over 2 weeks to the window then. All the questions still out there right now. Do we sign anyone? If so, do we only sign if players depart? If we sign, do we think we’ll look to do business early? Or due to the winter break do we expect business to happen later in the window as staff/players won’t be in?

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Just over 2 weeks to the window then. All the questions still out there right now. Do we sign anyone? If so, do we only sign if players depart? If we sign, do we think we’ll look to do business early? Or due to the winter break do we expect business to happen later in the window as staff/players won’t be in?

It's a question (or a series of questions) for Mr Neilson 

Clark Griswold
13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I'm sure I saw something stating Savage wants to strengthen the squad in Jan. Time will tell I guess.

15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

It's a question (or a series of questions) for Mr Neilson 

Or Mr Savage? There is a thread for discussion though, so thought I’d ask what others think.

9 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

I'm sure I saw something stating Savage wants to strengthen the squad in Jan. Time will tell I guess.

He gave an interview to Sky Sports saying they’re looking and describing the process, said it was really difficult in January. But really didn’t say much at all. That’s why I think all scenarios, from doing nothing to a fair bit of business are all possible. Will be curious to see how things are come February.

rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Or Mr Savage? There is a thread for discussion though, so thought I’d ask what others think.

He gave an interview to Sky Sports saying they’re looking and describing the process, said it was really difficult in January. But really didn’t say much at all. That’s why I think all scenarios, from doing nothing to a fair bit of business are all possible. Will be curious to see how things are come February.

Ah yes "Mr Savage"

45 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

We desperately need a striker but if the right one isn't available or asking for silly money we shouldn't just make do. Any player we sign has to be better than what we have. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We desperately need a striker but if the right one isn't available or asking for silly money we shouldn't just make do. Any player we sign has to be better than what we have. 

Thats one position I can see us filling one way or another, even if it’s a loan. I don’t think they’ll rely on Henderson coming back from loan. (Might play against Talbot) I can see them only getting a RWB if the deal is right and making do until summer if not though.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic