** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

16 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

I am sure he doesn't need the money, get onto him show him what we are after. The SPL is attracting Japanese players. 

I understand what you are saying, Benefactors may think differently though. 

This lad would earn every penny back.

Pipedream stuff mate. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Just now, Cruyff said:

Pipedream stuff mate. 

You advocate the need for an attacking second striker, all i am saying this is the lad we need. I will be following up on my research as there is near a full side that would walk this league and double the ticket prices to watch We have to venture wide and ask people if they are interested, right now we have a handle on third and badly need the type of player i am talking about to light us up. If that is a pipe dream then fair enough, i was pointing out the need for this player. It is all about winning now, anything else is going to put us into a rut again.

My Pipe dream would blow the roof off this place Winners only, at any price we can get to. If we are serious about winning prizes then we must invest at a higher level to get at least one in the door.

Joe Savage is a winner, maybe give his ear a blast.

17 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

So if i posted that Mbappe is on a free and he interests me. That would be relevant to a Hearts January transfer thread. 

We should try and get him.  He doesn't need the money....

6 minutes ago, WageThief said:

We should try and get him.  He doesn't need the money....

Send him "the video" , that should seal it

Mbappe and Boyle has a nice ring to it:whistling:

7 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Send him "the video" , that should seal it

Mbappe and Boyle has a nice ring to it:whistling:

Goulart Mbappe 

Need to win the Champions League soon

27 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

You advocate the need for an attacking second striker, all i am saying this is the lad we need. I will be following up on my research as there is near a full side that would walk this league and double the ticket prices to watch We have to venture wide and ask people if they are interested, right now we have a handle on third and badly need the type of player i am talking about to light us up. If that is a pipe dream then fair enough, i was pointing out the need for this player. It is all about winning now, anything else is going to put us into a rut again.

My Pipe dream would blow the roof off this place Winners only, at any price we can get to. If we are serious about winning prizes then we must invest at a higher level to get at least one in the door.

The guy is only on 155k a week, we should push the boat out and grab Dybala and Dembele to compliment him while we are splashing the cash  🤣

Just now, Boyces beard said:

The guy is only on 155k a week, we should push the boat out and grab Dybala and Dembele to compliment him while we are splashing the cash  🤣

Was never intended to be about his salary though.

I agree the salary is way out there, all i was indicating is he is what we need.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

With so many players out of contract at the end of the season that puts us in a more precarious situation than we may have been in previous years.

Perhaps the club has  a good idea if any of those players will in fact stay if not long term at least until the end of the season or leave in January.

But the club may not know that information just yet so they have to put a plan in place to have players ready should we need them.

I disagree that we would only expect activity if we are underperforming. We are doing well in the league and I am sure that now would be a great time to add value to our squad and try and consolidate our lofty league position.

We are light up front and could do with another striker or maybe even two if we can attract them.

I’m more meaning the fans are a bit more forthright in their demands for new signings when we’re underperforming, as we see a need for changes and in recent windows vast changes. But this time around I think most would be content with not rocking the ship too much, especially if the team continues to do relatively well in the league.

That being said, I am one of those that loves a new signing, especially one that excites. So I’ll be hoping for signings if we can get them. Perhaps the recruitment team will be focusing more on pre-contracts for the summer window rather than immediate permanent signings in January. I suspect if we get anyone in January it will be on loan, maybe from a decent English club since Savage operates down there quite a bit. Or maybe he’ll dip into the Irish market for a permanent signing.

Malinga the Swinga

Are we allowed to just pick out random players, currently on absolute fortunes at clubs elsewhere, and say they would help us?

If so, Lacazette, Lingard, Rudiger & Origi would all interest me?

44 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

Your dafter than I first thought.

15 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Actually he's on £0 p/w right now. 

Everyone knows the wages in China are vastly over inflated, so a £150k pw player there is probably a £15-20k pw player at best elsewhere. Remember Riordan went over there for a few months, came back and bought two bars in Edinburgh. Never in a million years will he get anything like that kind of money ever again.

He'll end up in one of the Arab leagues, still on relatively daft money, but nothing like £150k pw. But this idea that because a player has been on daft money at one club and will therefore only ever play for daft monry isn't quite right. 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Actually he's on £0 p/w right now. 

Everyone knows the wages in China are vastly over inflated, so a £150k pw player there is probably a £15-20k pw player at best elsewhere. Remember Riordan went over there for a few months, came back and bought two bars in Edinburgh. Never in a million years will he get anything like that kind of money ever again.

He'll end up in one of the Arab leagues, still on relatively daft money, but nothing like £150k pw. But this idea that because a player has been on daft money at one club and will therefore only ever play for daft monry isn't quite right. 

I am not for one minute saying he would want the same wages at another club, what i am saying is he is not going from 155k to 4.5k a week at Hearts. This is my point, also there is no danger 150k+ a week equates to 15-20k a week at best outside China

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Certainly didn’t happen in January 2020! I think people only expect much activity if we’re underperforming. I think most would only want us to strengthen the positions that were needing strengthened in the summer but never did, with a RWB and forward. The CB requirement has subsided somewhat given how decent a job Kingsley has done there.

I would go as far to say that if we don’t sign anyone this window (unless there’s departures) then most would be fine, if not a little disappointed as everyone loves a new signing.

That's the thing, retrospectively Jan 2020 was obviously not a good window, but it still happened pretty much exactly according to the usual pattern I described. No signings until 2/3 weeks in, then we get Boyce, Avdijaj and Sibbick and everyone's happy. See the reaction to Barry Anderson's "no more business" tweet below. Most thought it was a successful window at the time!

I think the fans are all pretty much on the same page in terms of what's needed this time and the last window has restored some faith that the club will have everything in hand, so I do agree there probably won't be the same level of anxiety this year (depending on results over the next few weeks). Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see some level of frustration in evidence if we haven't signed anyone halfway through the month. Probably more out of boredom than anything else.

57 minutes ago, A.JAMBO said:

Goulart Mbappe 

Need to win the Champions League soon

Vlad?

Are you getting reception in your submarine or have you surfaced?

26 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

I am not for one minute saying he would want the same wages at another club, what i am saying is he is not going from 155k to 4.5k a week at Hearts. This is my point, also there is no danger 150k+ a week equates to 15-20k a week at best outside China

Nah, obviously not coming to us haha but there's always that tiny slim chance that a club like us could be someone like thats' best offer! 

I dunno about the 2nd part though haha. Hulk went from £15k pw at Porto to over £300k pw in China. E Sharahwy went from £40k pw to £300k pw. Bakambu went from about £35k pw to over £300K. The boy mentioned above went from £20k at São Paulo to £150k. It's mental. 

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I dunno about the 2nd part though haha. Hulk went from £15k pw at Porto to over £300k pw in China. E Sharahwy went from £40k pw to £300k pw. Bakambu went from about £35k pw to over £300K. The boy mentioned above went from £20k at São Paulo to £150k. It's mental. 

I hear ya man and agree its mental when they move to the Chinese Super League, but try getting any of the players mentioned above to come back out of China for anything near the wages they where on previously.

55 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

I hear ya man and agree its mental when they move to the Chinese Super League, but try getting any of the players mentioned above to come back out of China for anything near the wages they where on previously.

I know, I mean fair play to the lads who do get that kind of money haha, they must have some agents! 

3 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

I doubt that Brazilian boy would get out his bed for less than 50k a week. Either way, could you see someone like him tracking runners 40 yards on a rain sodden Wednesday night in Dingwall?  I doubt it.

Not the type we are looking for, 23-26, hungry to play and compete is what we want, not someone just looking for another pay cheque before they retire. 

Vlad the impaler

Not necessarily this transfer window but when we inevitably lose Benni I reckon we should go for Omeonga at livi. Against us and hibs lastnight he was a bundle of energy and reminded me alot of Benni nipping in and breaking up play. Wouldn’t cost a lot and still young?!

6 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Not necessarily this transfer window but when we inevitably lose Benni I reckon we should go for Omeonga at livi. Against us and hibs lastnight he was a bundle of energy and reminded me alot of Benni nipping in and breaking up play. Wouldn’t cost a lot and still young?!

Yep,was impressive against us.

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I'm sure he's going to go from 155k a week in China to 4.5k a week at Hearts.

Or from £0 a week at the moment to £4.5k a week. 😜

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Boyces beard said:

Sean Clare was on about that. 

Some players to ponder over, that I think we need.

Right back - Antonio Rudiger to replace Smith

Centre back - Niklas Sule incase Souttar goes
Foward - Roberto Firminho on loan to replace Woodburn
Striker - Kylian Mbappe to back up Boyce

That would be quite the successful January window.

58 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Or from £0 a week at the moment to £4.5k a week. 😜

Whatever. There's about a million clubs worldwide that pay more than 4.5k a week. Pointless discussion and not realistic. 

49 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

:lol:

9 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

What's funny m9? Just highlighting what we need.

:lol:

I don't think they're good enough mate tbh. Not what we need. 

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

PSG said they are open to loaning out Gini would slot nice into a midfield 3 with Beni and Cammy 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Whatever. There's about a million clubs worldwide that pay more than 4.5k a week. Pointless discussion and not realistic. 

Agreed. 

9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Love it:

Gordon

Sule Halkett Kingsley

Rudiger Devlin Beni Cochrane

Mckay Boyce GMS

Bench: Stewart, Smith, Moore, McEneff Mbappe 

Got to say, think we could do better than Rudiger at RWB, maybe that Kimmich boy at Bayern, I hear he's awright. Boyhood Jambo if I hear correctly. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Love it:

Gordon

Sule Halkett Kingsley

Rudiger Devlin Beni Cochrane

Mckay Boyce GMS

Bench: Stewart, Smith, Moore, McEneff Mbappe 

Got to say, think we could do better than Rudiger at RWB, maybe that Kimmich boy at Bayern, I hear he's awright. Boyhood Jambo if I hear correctly. 

I went with players out of contract in the summer as it would make it easier to attract them in January.

Plus Kimmich is struggling with covid.

Quiet one at work this morning so I've had a look through some potential loans:

Liam Delap (Man City) ST

Dane Scarlett (Spurs) ST

Ellis Simms (Everton) ST

Joel Gelhardt (Leeds) ST

Adam Idah (Norwich) ST

Josh Eppiah (Leicester) ST

Anthony Elanga (Man Utd) ST/RW/LW

Jayden Braaf (Man City) RW/LW

Amad Diallo (Man Utd) RW/LW

Eliott Anderson (Newcastle) CAM

Kai Hoever (Wolves) RWB

Neco Williams (Liverpool) RWB

Kyle John (Everton) RWB

Bali Mumba (Norwich) RB

Anthony Glennon (Burnley) RB/LB

Teden Mengi (Man Utd) CB

Jarrod Branthwaite (Everton) CB

Charlie Cresswell (Leeds) CB

Rocky Bushiri (Norwich) CB

Also had a look for another Beni type signing (i.e. nominal fee from us, club might even release) and could only find a couple:

Sam McQueen (Southampton) LB/RB

Jaroslaw Jach (Palace) CB

Joel Valencia (Brentford) LW/RW/ST

Jacob Murphy (Newcastle) RWB/RW

Anyone see any names they know anything about and can pass a comment on? I've just plucked names off a list, haven't looked into how much they've played etc, how realistic it would be for us to get any of them, how much they earn, or if they're injured. Hoping JKB will tell me more :) 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Anyone see any names they know anything about and can pass a comment on? I've just plucked names off a list, haven't looked into how much they've played etc, how realistic it would be for us to get any of them, how much they earn, or if they're injured. Hoping JKB will tell me more :) 

Not a fan of relying on too many loans.

Dont know anything about this guy but he looks an interesting one for me. never quite made the break through but always been at a decent level. 6'4 never a bad thing for a defender.

Downside if he was decent he surely wouldve had at least a wee sniff at crystal palace but hasnt had a look in.

5 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Quiet one at work this morning so I've had a look through some potential loans:

Liam Delap (Man City) ST

Dane Scarlett (Spurs) ST

Ellis Simms (Everton) ST

Joel Gelhardt (Leeds) ST

Adam Idah (Norwich) ST

Josh Eppiah (Leicester) ST

Anthony Elanga (Man Utd) ST/RW/LW

Jayden Braaf (Man City) RW/LW

Amad Diallo (Man Utd) RW/LW

Eliott Anderson (Newcastle) CAM

Kai Hoever (Wolves) RWB

Neco Williams (Liverpool) RWB

Kyle John (Everton) RWB

Bali Mumba (Norwich) RB

Anthony Glennon (Burnley) RB/LB

Teden Mengi (Man Utd) CB

Jarrod Branthwaite (Everton) CB

Charlie Cresswell (Leeds) CB

Rocky Bushiri (Norwich) CB

Also had a look for another Beni type signing (i.e. nominal fee from us, club might even release) and could only find a couple:

Sam McQueen (Southampton) LB/RB

Joel Valencia (Brentford) LW/RW/ST

Jacob Murphy (Newcastle) RWB/RW

Joel Gelhardt Would be a good addition done well for me on my Ajax save on FM, He ended up getting a massive move to Liverpool on my game. In real life Biesla thinks highly of him. 

24 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

22 year old Canadian international right-wing-back.

Not out of contract for another 12 months and Brondby were in the Europa League groups this year so I wouldn't necessarily expect us to get him but good to know we're after an RWB.

Although I'm frustrated about today think we need to remember Joe Savage and William Lancefield have only had one transfer window so far and we already have the strongest squad since 2005/06. Excited to see what they have up there sleeve. Hopefully a goalscorer and another gem of a CB in the same bracket of Devlin/Baningime(if Souttar leaves which is looking more and more likely)

18 minutes ago, Takis51 said:

Although I'm frustrated about today think we need to remember Joe Savage and William Lancefield have only had one transfer window so far and we already have the strongest squad since 2005/06. Excited to see what they have up there sleeve. Hopefully a goalscorer and another gem of a CB in the same bracket of Devlin/Baningime(if Souttar leaves which is looking more and more likely)

Good post. Easy to lose sight of how far we’ve come. We are a little frustrating at times just now but that’s only because we’re a couple of quality additions away from being a really, really good side. Every reason to be excited in the run up to the next window. 

What’s the speculation about departures in January? Heard Walker to St. Johnstone, Souttar and Halkett down south, Halliday to Rangers TV. Anything else?

We have been crying out for a Midfield Playmaker for years. Also a ball carrier as we have no creativity in midfield. We can pass the ball back and sideways all we want but that does not create chances.

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What’s the speculation about departures in January? Heard Walker to St. Johnstone, Souttar and Halkett down south, Halliday to Rangers TV. Anything else?

😀 Halliday to rangers tv made me laugh. Think you’ve summed up most of the rumours and gossip. I’d be surprised if big Gnando survives this window and I’d be amazed if we didn’t sign a new striker. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic