• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Great news with Kingsley, he's been our best performer bar Gordon this season.

If Souttar is going to Rangers, then regardless if it's now or the summer he is done at Hearts and won't play again.

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Souttar is one injury away from retirement. We have a direct replacement at the club in TM. If Rangers want to take a chance on Souttar for 5x what we offer, then crack on. He's a good player but we are in a position where he's not a massive loss. If TM can't replace him we will find someone else who will. I'd happily take 200 grand for Soapy now and reinvest that in the squad. 

Souttar is a top defender,  not many are better on the ball which is a real asset.   Can’t help but think we’re beginning to dis him a bit because hes leaving.    But…completely agree with your 1st comment.   If we pushed the boat out and signed him,  we’d be taking a real risk financially.   I always hoped he would move on before picking up another injury and we’d get big bucks…sadly it’s only the moving on bit that is true.     

Great news getting Kingsley signed up! Haring next please 🙏 🤞🏻 

Obviously ignoring the whole Souttar situation and accepting the fact he’s gone, it’s great to see our best players and the core of our team all signed up for the next few seasons. Creates stability and stops the massive turn around every window. If we can get a few diamonds like devlin and beni every window we are laughing. Things looking very bright 🇱🇻 

1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

Souttar is a top defender,  not many are better on the ball which is a real asset.   Can’t help but think we’re beginning to dis him a bit because hes leaving.    But…completely agree with your 1st comment.   If we pushed the boat out and signed him,  we’d be taking a real risk financially.   I always hoped he would move on before picking up another injury and we’d get big bucks…sadly it’s only the moving on bit that is true.     

Our boat was never going to be as big as the boats that Souttar was going to be offered. He was always going to sail off.

2 hours ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Robbie on the scarves around the funnel podcast is a great listen. Discusses contracts,how we go about signing players and interestingly he’s still hopeful Souttar stays!…..Can you imagine the back peddling in here if that happened,including from

myself 😱

Aye, stays till the end of the season. 😏

I think it's understood that the anger here is based on the rumours and press stories being true. 

3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Anyone heard anything about a player coming the other way from Rangers as part of the Souttar deal? 

I had heard Itten but not sure if that is true or not. He has just been recalled from loan early but maybe that's so the new manager can look at him. 

3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Anyone heard anything about a player coming the other way from Rangers as part of the Souttar deal? 

Is that not the Itten on loan that was mentioned on here.No idea if anything in it but it was mentioned on here

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, PapaShango said:

I had heard Itten but not sure if that is true or not. He has just been recalled from loan early but maybe that's so the new manager can look at him. 

That's who I had heard too but didn't like to say in case it was garbage (you know what this place is like :lol:

If that happens, he seems like he has a decent enough pedigree, but we could do better perhaps. 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Can’t recall Itten. Is he any good?

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Is that not the Itten on loan that was mentioned on here.No idea if anything in it but it was mentioned on here

Cheers mate, I hadn't noticed it mentioned on here so apologies. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

The main thing is he goes early in the window.None of this pissing about until a day or two before the window or even hours before it shuts.

Personally I don't really care if he stays or goes. I think he would do his best for us to impress Clarke & GVB even if he signed a PCA with Rangers. However, I do recognise why folk wouldn't accept that.

If he slacks off we have TM or perhaps given the situation we will start TM because he's maybe seen as a longer term option and keep Soapy as cover. 

Of course, I'd prefer him to go this window and we can all move on. TM is eligible for Scotland, he's probably champing at the bit to prove himself and further his career and he's maybe even better.

Any money for a guy that's never actually completed a full season as well as handing over liability for future injuries is probably in our best interests. 

4 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

That’s probably what’s going to happen Cruyff. . But I bet we get a hun reject as a sweetener. 🤔

I can't see that tbh. It's in their best interests to pay a small fee. They don't want us shelving him until he joins in June or getting injured here and having to accept the liability for a long term injury if he signs a PCA. 

Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

That's who I had heard too but didn't like to say in case it was garbage (you know what this place is like :lol:

If that happens, he seems like he has a decent enough pedigree, but we could do better perhaps. 

He has a decent strike rate for Switzerland but think a few were against Gibraltar to skews it a bit. Can't really recall seeing him play much for Rangers. 

4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I think it probably is garbage as it was mentioned that he had already played for 2 clubs this season.

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, HoGwash said:

I think it probably is garbage as it was mentioned that he had already played for 2 clubs this season.

Ah okay, I hadn't realised that. 

2 hours ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Ffs we haven't kicked a ball in this years Cup competition. If we don't achieve European football as a result of this seasons performance, then its down to us. Its bad enough with the media not looking past the OF, without us joining in.

It’s not just about European football. It’s about one of the top 3 winning the cup. That would make a huge difference financially to us and guarantee group stage European football. The alternative scenario is likely to be one tie and out. So forgive me for pointing out that if we don’t win the cup, we’ll need one of the OF to win it

Two posts from the Hearts Twitter already this morning, get the feeling they're getting ready for an announcement. Hopefully it's Souttar away, sick of hearing about it now. Kingsley signing is brilliant, I think it'll be his ticket into the Scotland squad.

Just now, Sertse said:

Two posts from the Hearts Twitter already this morning, get the feeling they're getting ready for an announcement. Hopefully it's Souttar away, sick of hearing about it now. Kingsley signing is brilliant, I think it'll be his ticket into the Scotland squad.

Be tricky with Robertson, Tierney and Hickey all prob ahead of him, but maybe at LCB, only Tierney (and the ex Aberdeen guy I can't remember who I don't rate anyway)

Very VERY happy to have Kingsley with us for so long.  Excellent player, seems a top pro as well.

Naisys Tackle

Kingsley is better than many players we could attract but not quite good enough for the next level so I'm delighted he will be playing his prime years in maroon :)

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

I'm pretty confused over this, so they've announced he has signed a new contract but not really?

It sounds like Ogashiwa say in 2020 "signed" a 3 year deal, his club wouldnt of said its a 3 year deal instead every year they release a statement saying basically he has re-signed for the up coming year. When in reality he is just in the next year of his contract 

4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Yep it needs announced, dealt with and move on. He’s leaving so we just need to get what we can for him work on our own targets. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Yeah he moved the year after in 99.

Allan Johnston was the 1st player to depart from us on a Bosman when he went to Rennes in 96

It was 98 McCann left for his release clause of £1.6m. 

Just now, jamle1874 said:

It sounds like Ogashiwa say in 2020 "signed" a 3 year deal, his club wouldnt of said its a 3 year deal instead every year they release a statement saying basically he has re-signed for the up coming year. When in reality he is just in the next year of his contract 

Got you. Weird way of doing it.

21 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Played for two clubs this season so a no-goer. 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, jamle1874 said:

Yeah thats how I read it. The clubs do this to make it seem there is a renewal to put off other clubs. I dont think it changes anything with our attempts to sign him.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah thats how I read it. The clubs do this to make it seem there is a renewal to put off other clubs. I dont think it changes anything with our attempts to sign him.

transfermarkt has his contract until 2024 anyways, so yeah i dont think this changes anything

Naisys Tackle
13 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I'm sure the club that is securing his services will announce it first.  

Kingsley, unless there's a major injury crisis won't be playing for Scotland anytime soon.  There's about 4 LBs ahead of him. 

46 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The guy that posted yesterday was bang on. Would you really worry about facing John Souttar? Would you really think running out at Tynie that they're stronger with Souttar over Goldson? 

Not really.

If I was a pacy left winger i'd love to be up against a rangers team with Souttar and Tav constantly getting carried away too far up the park

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Kingsley, unless there's a major injury crisis won't be playing for Scotland anytime soon.  There's about 4 LBs ahead of him. 

While I agree he won't get a call up as a LB, I think an injury or two could easily see him in contention purely because he can play both LCH and LWB, which is what Scotland play. Say Robertson or Tierney got injured, you could call up Kingsley and it's 1 man as cover for 2 positions rather than an out and out full back. Also, Greg Taylor has been heavily involved in recent squads and is murder.

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He plays left centre half for us though in a similar system to Scotland. I would say an injury to teirney could potentially see him get a call up. 

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was 98 McCann left for his release clause of £1.6m. 

He got a good reception his first game at Tynie playing for Rangers. 

Remember the fans giving him a round of applause when he went to take a corner at the Gorgie end. 

Mutual respect 👍

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

He got a good reception his first game at Tynie playing for Rangers. 

Remember the fans giving him a round of applause when he went to take a corner at the Gorgie end. 

Mutual respect 👍

Him and Cameron will always be respected for doing the right thing as well as being cup winners 

Excellent news on Kingsley if reports are correct.

Not getting the seathe on Souttar. He signed a contract until the end of this season, so will keep his side of the bargain unless an agreement with Hearts to release early. He can sign a pre-contract with anyone, to commence after his current deal expires, this is nothing to do with Hearts, they have no say as he is out of contract. He is under no obligation to sign an extension, equally Hearts are under no obligation to offer one. If they both agree to cut short the deal, for consideration (cash) then that's what will happen. Otherwise JS is a Hearts player. They have the right to select him for team/squad as they do with any player at any time, whilst an employee. JS has done nothing wrong, it's his choice who he works for like all of us.

For me if souttar signs a pre contract with rangers then has to go now with a decent fee. Maybe end of season if was an English club. Seen rumours about a player swap. Wouldn’t mind kai Kennedy coming as well as cash. Looked good against us last season at times

Just now, Biffa Bacon said:

Excellent news on Kingsley if reports are correct.

Not getting the seathe on Souttar. He signed a contract until the end of this season, so will keep his side of the bargain unless an agreement with Hearts to release early. He can sign a pre-contract with anyone, to commence after his current deal expires, this is nothing to do with Hearts, they have no say as he is out of contract. He is under no obligation to sign an extension, equally Hearts are under no obligation to offer one. If they both agree to cut short the deal, for consideration (cash) then that's what will happen. Otherwise JS is a Hearts player. They have the right to select him for team/squad as they do with any player at any time, whilst an employee. JS has done nothing wrong, it's his choice who he works for like all of us.

Not getting the "seathe"?

I will spell it out for you....ITS SEVCO! A COMPETITOR! A SHOWER!

We are all aware of the contractual obligations. Why could he not have signed a 12 month extension with a release clause of say £1M? That would have helped the club that looked after him whilst his ankles were melted but naw, one sniff of the weej and he's offski!!!

You dont feel that?

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not getting the "seathe"?

I will spell it out for you....ITS SEVCO! A COMPETITOR! A SHOWER!

We are all aware of the contractual obligations. Why could he not have signed a 12 month extension with a release clause of say £1M? That would have helped the club that looked after him whilst his ankles were melted but naw, one sniff of the weej and he's offski!!!

You dont feel that?

Spot on mate, I'd have had a lot more respect for Souttar had he signed a new deal, even for a year, so we could get a fee for him, I would then feel it was repayment for us looking after him when he was out with serious injury, rather than pissing off to that cesspit along the road at the drop of a hat, I certainly do get the "seethe" 

Some interesting stuff re: our recruitment process from Robbie Neilson on the latest episode of the Scarves Around the Funnel podcast.

To summarise:

- Neilson specifies what he wants in a player and then reviews the options put to him by the recruitment team.

- It seems George Brown identifies players based on stats while Will Lancefield is more of a traditional scout. Devlin was initially identified by Brown using the former method and Baningime by Lancefield using the latter.

- We're looking at players in several positions, even ones that aren't an immediate priority (LWB and CM were mentioned) just in case. Devlin and Baningime have attracted a lot of interest from other clubs already.

- It sounds like Savage (as I suspected) isn't necessarily directly involved in identifying or choosing players but rather is the guy that makes it happen.

Edited by DC_92

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic