** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m a die hard hearts fans which JS is not.. 

in his shoes if I was on £3 per week, let’s just make it up and say we offered £6k per week.. 

If rangers or a championship teams come along and offer £12k per week.. I’m away to the huns for the reasons I’ve articulated..

as a fan I absolutely ****ing hate it, but I’m old enough now to understand it.

totally agree with that he has to try and cash in for him and his family

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

9 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This but add to that that they enjoy playing for Hearts and you can see their happiness when they play and score and want to win.

Players like Gnando etc are just mercenaries and have no love for the club or pride in playing for a Club like Hearts and have little or no affinity with the fans.

Look at someone like Devlin and see the passion he has. That is the type of players we wnwt to fill out squad with.

All the players we have are mercenaries to a degree. (Gordon apart)There’s a massive difference between Gnandos type of mercenary. He is simply here to pick up a wage he isn’t willing to work hard for. He’s never playing for a bigger club than Hearts.

Devlin is a mercenary to an extent but a different sort. Willing to give everything to the employer with a view to getting up the ladder. I’m not massively convinced he’ll make it BIG but it won’t be for lack of effort 

Kingsley up to 2025 I’ve just been told🤞🏻🤞🏻

please don’t be a Peebles moment 😂

Edited by 3fingersreid

The Apprentice
39 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Motherwell waiting on Dundee Utd to stump up to take Tony Watt in this window instead of waiting until the summer, Utd waiting on the sale of the young lad to Villa before they can pay cash for Watt, Motherwell waiting on cash for Watt to agree terms with us for Roberts. Obviously not the same amount of money changing hands in each one but a typical domino effect.

1 minute ago, The Apprentice said:

Motherwell waiting on Dundee Utd to stump up to take Tony Watt in this window instead of waiting until the summer, Utd waiting on the sale of the young lad to Villa before they can pay cash for Watt, Motherwell waiting on cash for Watt to agree terms with us for Roberts. Obviously not the same amount of money changing hands in each one but a typical domino effect.

What you are saying is we are waiting for Gerrard to pull his finger out for us to get rid of Roberts

1 hour ago, Biffa Bacon said:

He could have signed a 12 month extension with a release clause, if it suited him. But why would he? What salary would have been offered in such an extension? Is it more or less than he could get elsewhere? You can't make people sign contracts just because it suits Hearts.

He was quick enough to sign a contract when he was injured. 

Maybe we're judging him too harshly. 

Maybe he is trying behind the scenes to make sure the club that kept faith with him come away with something. 

I have my doubts but you never know. 

😏

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m a die hard hearts fans which JS is not.. 

in his shoes if I was on £3 per week, let’s just make it up and say we offered £6k per week.. 

If rangers or a championship teams come along and offer £12k per week.. I’m away to the huns for the reasons I’ve articulated..

as a fan I absolutely ****ing hate it, but I’m old enough now to understand it.

Its all about  money now in football and how much can be made in a short career they have. 

I don't really care about John Souttar we knew he was leaving months ago as he never signed a new contract. I'm not going to loose sleep over Souttar going to Rangers ,Like you said your old enough now to understand. When I was a kid I always remember feeling sick when Neil McCann went to Rangers I was gutted. 

There is no real loyalty in football. I can see both sides Hearts fans unhappy with his decision and Souttars decision himself if he goes.   

27 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

Might be part for the Charles Cook deal? 

Is this the guy who plays for Ross Co?  Sorry don't see the link. Have I missed something?

bobby bombscare
16 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He was quick enough to sign a contract when he was injured. 

Maybe we're judging him too harshly. 

Maybe he is trying behind the scenes to make sure the club that kept faith with him come away with something. 

I have my doubts but you never know. 

😏

I am still convinced that some of the injury issues were the clubs fault. You look at the number of serious injuries we had over those couple seasons:
Berra
Garruchio
Souttar
Naisy
Harring
Brandon

Wighton

Washinton
Smith
Cochran
Uche
Halkett

There is plenty more to add to that list. All has serious (or semi-serious) injuries at one point over those couple seasons.. Harring was out for over a year! You look at those situations and at one point we had a full starting 11 injured. I just don't see how that is all by chance. I think we let him down more then than he will now by trying to get us at least some sort of fee. 

EDIT: Add to that the overhaul of the of the medical/conditioning staff at the club and the comparative lack of injuries since then and you can start finding more reasons to think something wasn't right..

Edited by bobby bombscare

Tremendous news regarding Kingsley.

Haring and Smith would be ideal, but would be happy with the renewals so far if its done and dusted.

Jack Torrance
4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Beauty

The boy on Hearts twitter obviously delayed today's announcement just to wind you up 😄

Great news from the club. Well done to our recruitment team.

Edited by Jack Torrance

1 minute ago, Jack Torrance said:

The boy on Hearts twitter obviously delayed today's announcement just to wind you up 😄

Great news from the club. Well done to our recruitment team.

I swear they sit on JKB and do it on purpose, last window people joked about a restaurant announcement then it ended up happening a couple hours later

Brilliant news that Gordon halkett and Kingsley all resigned. Souttar is a blow but believe he can be replaced by either Moore/smith in the short term

bobby bombscare
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Amazing news.. big Pete next please 

without a single signing coming in, if they got this done too, that would be an outstanding window!

Edited by bobby bombscare

Excellent news Kingsley wants to stay for that length of time!!! Obviously wants a league winners medal next season unlike his pal...

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Unreal bit of business. One of our best players this season. For the first time in a while, we've got a high quality core of a squad under contract for multiple seasons.

2025:

Atkinson (Need to see him play but by all accounts will be a big player for us)

Kingsley

2024:

Beni

Devlin

Halkett

Gordon

If we can get Haring signed up until 2024, and then extend Boyce and Barrie McKay long term in the summer, we've got the foundations of something really special here. 

47 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

In summary I'm happy for JS to go now ,preferably down south , i will never be happy if a player leaves us for the Old Firm though.

Pretty much where I'm at.  Has he passed a medical?  A potential timebomb with his Achilles.  I do not blame him looking to move for big money.  Hearts just need to find a suitable replacement. 

The White Cockade

Great news 

With Souttar off it was vital to sign up CG, Halkett and Kingsley 

Was more worried about them leaving than excited about any new signings 

We need another forward and if we get one in and a new contract for big Pete then that’s a great transfer window for us 

39 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

It was.

I'm just pissed off he's going to the hun with (as far as I know just now) very little for Hearts in compensation.

I'll get over it but I'm pissed off today!

Think we are/will all be pissed off if he goes to that place . Probably an illogical reaction but football is not logical 

Ideally he goes south now , preferably for a decent amount .

Can't blame him for moving on .

I , reservedly , wish him the best of luck 

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Strange

I listened to that earlier but circumstances completely different. The reasons more

likely now that the player will have signed. Pre contract for a rival team. Sow was one of our best players. Souttar is a good player but other defenders have played really well this season

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I listened to that earlier but circumstances completely different. The reasons more

likely now that the player will have signed. Pre contract for a rival team. Sow was one of our best players. Souttar is a good player but other defenders have played really well this season

All good soundbytes but it’s not his decision to make. IMO if we get 500k on the table we should and WOULD take it.

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Strange

I see it as good news - just showing we are not going to be pushed about

Keeping Kingsley long term is a fantastic signing, really wasn't sure we'd manage it. Looks increasingly like good times are ahead. 

Fire_At_The_Disco

Folk saying Souters a legend and will be applauded if he comes back to Tynie with Rangers…..aye right he’ll be getting absolute abused, he’s no legend, sat for almost 4 years getting his injuries sorted off our season ticket money. If he goes to Rangers he can gtf. 

4 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Think we are/will all be pissed off if he goes to that place . Probably an illogical reaction but football is not logical 

Ideally he goes south now , preferably for a decent amount .

Can't blame him for moving on .

I , reservedly , wish him the best of luck 

Moving on is not my beef, neither is zero compensation.  Issue is selling to a competitor.  Blackburn Rovers would be ideal as they look to be Premier League bound.  I cannot see The Hun matching that.  it will reflect soapy's ambition at end of the day.

The Apprentice

Sporting Director Joe Savage said: “Stephen’s made such a big impact since joining the club and he’s a really popular figure behind the scenes.

“His quality on the pitch is there for all to see and I’m sure the fans will be as happy as we are to get this deal completed.

“Stephen’s been a crucial part of the project here at Hearts and the exciting thing is that we’re only in the early stages. The club is in a strong position and there is definitely more to come.”

Joe, you tease! 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Keeping Kingsley, Gordon and Halkett means we are not weakened and did we really miss Souttar all that much when he was out! 

With another striker hopefully incoming and maybe others then we will be a even better team going forward.

Great bit of business getting Kingsley signed till 2025...

Now whats next  ???

Edited by gorgieheart

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic