** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Naisys Tackle

Defoe isnt moving anywhere for cash with the money he's got in the bank :lol: he will end up down at Pompy or Charlton and enjoy himself I think. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not wanting to fart in anyone’s wind path, but why are we taking someone saying Kingsley’s extension will be announced tomorrow as a big deal? Have I missed something? I was expecting the Kingsley extension to be announced today after several media including a national newspaper reported it last night. Proclaiming it will be announced tomorrow when it’s after 7pm today isn’t exactly putting your neck out, is it?

I mean, am I wrong? Surely I wasn’t the only one expecting the announcement even today, so tomorrow is just logical by this time at night?

Jesus relax man…..

14 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Kingsley free kicks are as good as penalty s  that alone he’s worth his weight in gold 

They’re much better than Kingsley penalties for sure. 😔

45 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Celtic to Man Utd Lou Macari.

Celtic to Liverpool Kenny Dalglish(£440,000) a then British transfer record.

David Weir Rangers to Everton.

Charlie Nicholas Celtic to Arsenal.

Alfie Conn Junior, Rangers to Spurs.

Just off the top of my head.

My Grandad is at bottom left Robert Murray was sold to Manchester United, season after the photo taken.

grand dad.jpg

Fire_At_The_Disco
13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not wanting to fart in anyone’s wind path, but why are we taking someone saying Kingsley’s extension will be announced tomorrow as a big deal? Have I missed something? I was expecting the Kingsley extension to be announced today after several media including a national newspaper reported it last night. Proclaiming it will be announced tomorrow when it’s after 7pm today isn’t exactly putting your neck out, is it?

I mean, am I wrong? Surely I wasn’t the only one expecting the announcement even today, so tomorrow is just logical by this time at night?

Chill out buddy, Dazz has a decent ITK strike rate here, on the scale of talking pish to Word of mouth hero he is defo nearer the top end. 

16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Spreading them out until games restart. Contracts were all signed pre-Christmas. Smith next week. 

Well I hope we don't get the usual slump in form after players getting a new contract. Players are better when proving their worth. Djoum was a prime culprit 

Last time we did a bunch of new contracts Berra, Haring, Uche, Naismith, Souter all instantly shit or injured.

Edited by jambopilms

7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Jesus relax man…..

3 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Chill out buddy, Dazz has a decent ITK strike rate here, on the scale of talking pish to Word of mouth hero he is defo nearer the top end. 

If it came across that I was frazzled or something, that wasn’t intended. I’m not bothered or anything, I’m just a wee bit perplexed as I assumed it was basically all but announced by this point given the media reporting. I was genuinely checking social media every couple of hours expecting it today is all. So it just seemed weird it seems to be news to some.

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Spreading them out until games restart. Contracts were all signed pre-Christmas. Smith next week. 

Smith? Meh. I was kinda hoping we’d use his contract expiry and age as an excuse to move on. I feel he’s in decline, understandably at his age, ability wise.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Smith? Meh. I was kinda hoping we’d use his contract expiry and age as an excuse to move on. I feel he’s in decline, understandably at his age, ability wise.

He has a clause built into his contract that means if he plays so many games he gets an extension. 

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

You heard anything about Rangers offering us a player instead of cash for Souttar? 

Seen elsewhere we're getting Itten,not sure if it's a straight swap or if there's cash involved too

jamboinglasgow
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

If it came across that I was frazzled or something, that wasn’t intended. I’m not bothered or anything, I’m just a wee bit perplexed as I assumed it was basically all but announced by this point given the media reporting. I was genuinely checking social media every couple of hours expecting it today is all. So it just seemed weird it seems to be news to some.

I was previously of that view about Smith, but I think that having him on a 1 year contract can be good as he is an experienced international player who can play right back, centre back and centre midfield so he is a useful squad player. 

We could do worse than offering Defoe a deal until the end of the season tbh. Been a total professional throughout his career. Not sure how fit he is or if he injury free. 

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

People wanting a 38-year-old Defoe? FFS, will people realise there are players out there that would be a good fit for Hearts and aren’t someone you may have heard of? Jesus.

As it happens, Jesus did play for us ...

... Jesús Manuel 'Suso' Santana Abreu ...

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

We could do worse than offering Defoe a deal until the end of the season tbh. Been a total professional throughout his career. Not sure how fit he is or if he injury free. 

Always been a model pro wherever he has played. Supreme conditioned athlete. Someone like him could show a lot of others how it needs to be done in order to get to the top level. He is a player that could make those darting runs in behind defences like we need. Six month deal if we can’t get the wee Japanese guy would work. 
But probably pie in the sky though. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
54 minutes ago, gar jambo said:

Kingsley free kicks are as good as penalty s  that alone he’s worth his weight in gold 

His free kicks are better than his penalties

24 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I was previously of that view about Smith, but I think that having him on a 1 year contract can be good as he is an experienced international player who can play right back, centre back and centre midfield so he is a useful squad player. 

Agree. 

Seen the same rumour about Itten coming to us and souttar going the other way, anyone heard anything Itten was recalled by Rangers today from his loan in Germany

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Celtic to Man Utd Lou Macari.

Celtic to Liverpool Kenny Dalglish(£440,000) a then British transfer record.

David Weir HMFC - the team for me ohhhhhh ohhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhh oh to Everton.

Charlie Nicholas Celtic to Arsenal.

Alfie Conn Junior, Rangers to Spurs.

Just off the top of my head.

Fixed it.

1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

Who cares what players Rangers and Celtic have sold to English clubs? 

Exactly.... nae fecker

5 pages of absolute dug shite since I went to bed. 

But...

adam-ant-singer.gif

Edited by Aussie Jambo
Morning yacks and sausage fingers.

51 minutes ago, bawheed said:

My Grandad is at bottom left Robert Murray was sold to Manchester United, season after the photo taken.

grand dad.jpg

cool

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

I envy itk posters.  One has described Defoe as a total mercenary.  How does he know that?  He also said we wouldn't be looking at 38 year old cash sponges.

Pretty sure Craig Gordon was 37 when he came here and again, I wouldn't know if he is a cash sponge but i doubt it.

Defoe has had a long, sucesdful career at a high level and he should be financially secure.  I doubt if money is a motivating factor but I'm not itk.

He banged in goals for Rangers and I think he would do the same for us if he wanted to come and we wanted him.

I'm not itk. 

I'm only giving an opinion. 

Just now, Aussie Jambo said:

F5 pages of absolute dug shite since I went to bed. 

But...

adam-ant-singer.gif

Too much arguing on this winters transfer thread. You could say it’s Dog Eat Dog. 

Exile fae Main Street

Have to say, talking of Adam and the Ants....they really were bloody awful, unless you were under 12.....😱😱😱

Just now, Exile fae Main Street said:

Have to say, talking of Adam and the Ants....they really were bloody awful, unless you were under 12.....😱😱😱

I was under 12. 

image.png

Seen Adam and The ants at Clouds 78, they were decent

Though soon after were guff

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

They haven’t always played in a bigger league, only the 40 odd years. Does geography and playing in a league with giants like Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal/City and Chelsea not help you gain global coverage you didn't have before it? 
I don’t think Rangers are that big a club in the grand scheme of things but neither are Spurs. 
You can’t go anywhere without seeing fans of the uglies with their replica tops on, hardly ever see a Spurs top. 
I don’t think there is a way of properly measuring it, but having the luck of playing in a great league certainly helps. Look at Bournemouth spending £20m on players with a smaller fan base than 5 Scottish clubs for instance. 

Clubs like Liverpool, Man U, Real, Barcelona etc are big global clubs, generating supporters from everywhere, Rangers and Celtic are different, you see their supporters all over the world but the generally com from Glasgow or have an association with them, and in real terms way less than the others.  Spurs maybe the next level down from the the big world brands but probably more than the old firm.

2 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Seen Adam and The ants at Clouds 78, they were decent

Though soon after were guff

Think that was the night we threw stones at them from Tollcross Primary School. (well I didn't but my mates did)

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, dallan said:

Clubs like Liverpool, Man U, Real, Barcelona etc are big global clubs, generating supporters from everywhere, Rangers and Celtic are different, you see their supporters all over the world but the generally com from Glasgow or have an association with them, and in real terms way less than the others.  Spurs maybe the next level down from the the big world brands but probably more than the old firm.

They weren’t always like that though, it’s a recent thing, Spurs and the uglies aren’t really a big part of that globally. 

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Too much arguing on this winters transfer thread. You could say it’s Dog Eat Dog. 

100% this. 

I didn’t want to be a ‘Goody two shoes’. 

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spurs are not and never will be a bigger club than Rangers, dead or alive. 
Liam Miller was a squad player and Gilmour has played about ten games. 
Its extremely rare for anyone to leave the uglies for a huge fee to a bigger club in England and play regularly. 

In your opinion which of course you always present as fact. Do Rangers have a waiting list for season tickets of several years? Have Rangers won 3 European trophies? 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

In your opinion which of course you always present as fact. Do Rangers have a waiting list for season tickets of several years? Have Rangers won 3 European trophies? 

Rangers have 15k waiting and would unfortunately probably sell more than the 44k if they could,sold out  6 seasons running, whilst Spurs 

https://theboyhotspur.com/tottenham-season-ticket-renewals-have-dropped-off-at-a-concerning-rate/
Aberdeen have 2 European trophies are they a bigger club than Rangers?

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Rangers have 15k waiting and would unfortunately probably sell more than the 44k if they could,sold out  6 seasons running, whilst Spurs 

https://theboyhotspur.com/tottenham-season-ticket-renewals-have-dropped-off-at-a-concerning-rate/

If renewals don’t happen there are 40k on the waiting list. So what do you base a clubs size on? Trophies or size of fan base and the club itself’s facilities and the like? 

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Who gives a shite what clubs bigger? We support the best football club on the face of the planet!

this

28 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

things must be slow if Adam and The ants now being discussed sid.png.d2651b2f1674ac92b6823112b7aeb807.png

Adam and the Ants

Rhymes with

Felix and his Amazing Underpants

Screenshot_20220112-205941_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220112-210010_Chrome.jpg

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

Adam and the Ants

Rhymes with

Felix and his Amazing Underpants

Screenshot_20220112-205941_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220112-210010_Chrome.jpg

he is as camp as Adam and the ants were

49 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Seen the same rumour about Itten coming to us and souttar going the other way, anyone heard anything Itten was recalled by Rangers today from his loan in Germany

Itten has played for Rangers and Greuther Furth this season. Would he be able to play for a third club if it was a loan deal?

2 minutes ago, JamboPete said:

Itten has played for Rangers and Greuther Furth this season. Would he be able to play for a third club if it was a loan deal?

He will have been brought back by rangers to fill defoes space in the squad. He won't go anywhere 

Guest ToqueJambo
40 minutes ago, dallan said:

Despite their whole brand image being about Ireland, Celtic haven't even cornered the Irish market let alone found a global audience. Kids in Ireland would rather follow EPL teams, if they even like football at all.

Edited by ToqueJambo

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

All those fans and they still let their club die, never let them forget. GTF Souttar if he goes to them.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic