** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Great news in regards to Kingsley, I would like to see Haring sign an extension next.

I have a feeling Smith won't be offered a new deal, I might be wrong just something in my gut makes me think that wont happen.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
4 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Folk saying Souters a legend and will be applauded if he comes back to Tynie with Rangers…..aye right he’ll be getting absolute abused, he’s no legend, sat for almost 4 years getting his injuries sorted off our season ticket money. If he goes to Rangers he can gtf. 

Grow up mate, you would do the exact same as him in his situation.

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I see it as good news - just showing we are not going to be pushed about

Yep... we do still have a wee bit of 'control' over his situation. If he was thinking of signing a PC for Sevco we could say 'fine, train with the kids' - which could jeopardise his Scotland call ups and form... which may put him off them. On the other hand, it could rubber stamp a huge fee this month. At least (I would hope) we're not bending over for the uglies and, instead, making it as difficult and costly as we can - if going along the M8 is his preferred option.

10 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I see it as good news - just showing we are not going to be pushed about

Kind of makes me think he's already signed and it's to show we didn't take a small fee

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Great news in regards to Kingsley, I would like to see Haring sign an extension next.

I have a feeling Smith won't be offered a new deal, I might be wrong just something in my gut makes me think that wont happen.

He has a trigger clause in his contract that if he plays X amount of games he automatically gets another year. The number of games was never reported, but I don't think he can be too far off it. Fwiw I'd like him to stay the extra year, he's very versatile.

8 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Folk saying Souters a legend and will be applauded if he comes back to Tynie with Rangers…..aye right he’ll be getting absolute abused, he’s no legend, sat for almost 4 years getting his injuries sorted off our season ticket money. If he goes to Rangers he can gtf. 

John Souttar is nothing but an above average player who played for us. 

He's no legend.

29 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Unreal bit of business. One of our best players this season. For the first time in a while, we've got a high quality core of a squad under contract for multiple seasons.

2025:

Atkinson (Need to see him play but by all accounts will be a big player for us)

Kingsley

2024:

Beni

Devlin

Halkett

Gordon

If we can get Haring signed up until 2024, and then extend Boyce and Barrie McKay long term in the summer, we've got the foundations of something really special here. 

Not convinced we should get Boyce on a long term deal. he’ll be 32 by the end of his current deal and he’s already picking up niggly injuries. He’s got 18 months left in him for sure which gives us leeway to get a replacement in place. Beyond that I hae ma doots 

Edited by JimmyCant

25 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Unreal bit of business. One of our best players this season. For the first time in a while, we've got a high quality core of a squad under contract for multiple seasons.

2025:

Atkinson (Need to see him play but by all accounts will be a big player for us)

Kingsley

2024:

Beni

Devlin

Halkett

Gordon

If we can get Haring signed up until 2024, and then extend Boyce and Barrie McKay long term in the summer, we've got the foundations of something really special here. 

Really think we need to get extensions sorted for Beni and Devlin.

Might seem premature with plenty time to run but time creeps up fast and once there is a year to go it’s anyones guess what happens. Would prefer to get them extended now and protect our interest. Both absolute rocks for us so far.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Think there was a clause in the deal mccann signed was that he got a%age of any future transfer fee. Which meant both he and the club benefitted. 

Quite possibly, much like Hartley it was hard to feel anger at him when they returned. That won’t be the case with Souttar. 

10 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Which Folk are these ?    He's certainly not a Legend !

To think just a few weeks ago we had Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett and Souttar all out of contract…massive risk to the club yet here we are.   Best case scenario practically as it’s been clear for months that Soapy would move on.   Club deserve immense credit…I’m thrilled and hope we get Haring signed up and see a couple more new signings now.    New right wing back sorted too of course.  Great stuff! 

Edited by Gmcjambo

StevenNaismith
On 29/12/2021 at 21:55, StevenNaismith said:

Craig Gordon is going nowhere.

Kingsley is happy to renew if the deal is right.

Halkett is a strange one as there’s interest from Rangers but he knows he won’t be a first choice. 
Souttar is away, only unknown is whether it’s January or the summer.

Gnanduillet will be away in January, there’s already a few possibilities.
Halliday will be away.

Walker will be away.

The rest of the guys have a chance to either earn a deal or seal their departure.

Hopefully Gnanduillet’s departure is announced next.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, lou said:

Him and Cameron will always be respected for doing the right thing as well as being cup winners 

Hartley too, Tosh McKinlay and Alan McLaren also. There’s a proper way to do it, and like others we won’t mention this isn’t it. 

9 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

The signing of the Aussie i think will mean the end for Smith.

Fire_At_The_Disco
5 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

No I would not, he is not a legend, that status is for players who actually contributed to Hearts winning trophies and those who bleed maroon. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Quite possibly, much like Hartley it was hard to feel anger at him when they returned. That won’t be the case with Souttar. 

That’s correct imo.  Their may be mixed feelings on here but there’s more older fans on here who have a seen it all before attitude. He’ll get absolute dogs abuse in the ground.  

6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

John Souttar is nothing but an above average player who played for us. 

He's no legend.

Only played 150 games for us.  Way down the ‘legend’ pecking order. 

8 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Good stuff. The defence is taking shape long term. 

Goalkeeper ✔️

Defence  another CB as replacement for Souttar, who hopefully stays until Summer.  Moore?

Midfield ✔️

Attack  another striker or two.  Boyce is increasingly injury prone.

10 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

That’s just guesswork on your part. There’s a right way and a wrong way to leave any job. Souttar is looking out for himself, which is his prerogative, he’ll know full well how some fans will react. 

Jamboscanbevicius

Superb news on Kingsley. Hopefully an extension for Haring coming too.

Personally I would let Smith and Halliday run down. Both will be on decent money and not adding a lot now. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

No it wont, he can play either at right back or at right central defence so a likely Soutar replacement if we can’t keep Taylor Moore fit. He has also played international football as a holding midfielder. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

No it wont, he can play either at right back or at right central defence so a likely Soutar replacement if we can’t keep Taylor Moore fit. He has also played international football as a holding midfielder. 

If he’ continues going with a smaller squad, smith will be a really good guy to have around. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s correct imo.  Their may be mixed feelings on here but there’s more older fans on here who have a seen it all before attitude. He’ll get absolute dogs abuse in the ground.  

I won’t give him abuse but he is clearly not a legend. Could name many centre-backs that have contributed much more, Levein, Slim and McLaren to name three. Even Ritchie surpasses him in the legend stakes. 

Souttar has been excellent for us though, can’t deny that, just hasn’t played enough to warrant any sort of legend status. 

2 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Superb news on Kingsley. Hopefully an extension for Haring coming too.

Personally I would let Smith and Halliday run down. Both will be on decent money and not adding a lot now. 

Halliday Yes - Smith has a 1 year option I think we need him to stay he brings experience to the squad.  

4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

He will be here until the summer.

Aye, he will cover us until the summer when we bring in another LWB. 

Haring and Smith are important squad players. Smith is good for another year. Haring is worth 2 years. Need good reliable players who know their roles and instructions who can come in and do a job.

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hartley too, Tosh McKinlay and Alan McLaren also. There’s a proper way to do it, and like others we won’t mention this isn’t it. 

Also bear in mind that Hartley and Ritchie did not consider the club in their decisions, a choice that both openly admit they regret

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

He will be here until the summer.

As long as he’s away, spot on with the rest though 👍🏽👏🏾

Pasquale for King
Just now, lou said:

Also bear in mind that Hartley and Ritchie did not consider the club in their decisions, a choice that both openly admit they regret

I don’t think Ritchie played against us, Webster either. Don’t think Velicka got any stick, even after scoring against us. Big Zal also. 
The fans will accept it if it’s done properly, if he think the Utd fans booing him was bad he’s got another think coming. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Only played 150 games for us.  Way down the ‘legend’ pecking order. 

I don’t think the amount of games matter, Beattie played 9 times for instance. 

Brick Tamland

Fantastic news re Kingsley. 
As for Souttar he should maybe consider the players he’s leaving behind (Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley) who help clear up the mistakes he makes and also consider how Hearts have looked after him, and, how we as a fan base have supported him too, before taking the Sevco shilling.

If he does go to Sevco for peanuts then he will deserve the full venom of our support for repaying none of the loyalty we as a fan owned club deserve. 
Only Hearts. 

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I won’t give him abuse but he is clearly not a legend. Could name many centre-backs that have contributed much more, Levein, Slim and McLaren to name three. Even Ritchie surpasses him in the legend stakes. 

Souttar has been excellent for us though, can’t deny that, just hasn’t played enough to warrant any sort of legend status. 

I very rarely give anyone abuse at the game and of course he’s no legend. He’s been a really good player and will do well at Rangers. Just a shame the way it’s looking like ending up. 

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

What if what if? We looked after him for years and it looks like we get heehaw and sevco gets to sell him in a season or so for big money.

What do we get?

We honoured his contract. As we had to. There is no loyalty these days. I don't blame him for going after the big bucks. Prefer him to stay but that isn't happening. 

18 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Jesus relax man…..

We did not have souttar playing injury free and playing consistently  enough for a few years , that’s how he will not be a  big  miss as what people think , now every time Kingsley takes a free kick it’s nearly a goal now that’s a miss on its own so get money now for souttar 

Maiden Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Goalkeeper ✔️

Defence  another CB as replacement for Souttar, who hopefully stays until Summer.  Moore?

Midfield ✔️

Attack  another striker or two.  Boyce is increasingly injury prone.

Have to say, that's quality work re graphics 👌

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think the amount of games matter, Beattie played 9 times for instance. 

I wouldn’t say Beattie was a legend. He was a player who did a legendary thing in a moment in time. I loved the guy for that don’t get me wrong. And If there are players you wish we could have had for longer, he is right up there but he’s not a legend IMO.

• davemclaren changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Kingsley signs new deal ( updated )
1 hour ago, bobby bombscare said:

I am still convinced that some of the injury issues were the clubs fault. You look at the number of serious injuries we had over those couple seasons:
Berra
Garruchio
Souttar
Naisy
Harring
Brandon

Wighton

Washinton
Smith
Cochran
Uche
Halkett

There is plenty more to add to that list. All has serious (or semi-serious) injuries at one point over those couple seasons.. Harring was out for over a year! You look at those situations and at one point we had a full starting 11 injured. I just don't see how that is all by chance. I think we let him down more then than he will now by trying to get us at least some sort of fee. 

EDIT: Add to that the overhaul of the of the medical/conditioning staff at the club and the comparative lack of injuries since then and you can start finding more reasons to think something wasn't right..

I know Soapy was far from happy with the club's handling of his original injury and there is definite feeling it set him back further.  Not saying he holds a grudge as such, but that's the thoughts on it.

I remember Naismith ripping our medical dept apart on his loan spell.  He didn't want to use our docs or physios.  Our set-up - all co-ordinated by Mr Levein - was amateur.  There was a lot of pushing guys back, there was a lot of mis-diagnosis.

There was, definitely, a lot of bad luck too, mind you.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I wouldn’t say Beattie was a legend. He was a player who did a legendary thing in a moment in time. I loved the guy for that don’t get me wrong. And If there are players you wish we could have had for longer, he is right up there but he’s not a legend IMO.

I reckon he is, we’ve had some awful players who are viewed as legends. Rudi played less than 100 times for us. Not up to us though, and Souttar definitely isn’t. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
41 minutes ago, OTT said:

Really think we need to get extensions sorted for Beni and Devlin.

Might seem premature with plenty time to run but time creeps up fast and once there is a year to go it’s anyones guess what happens. Would prefer to get them extended now and protect our interest. Both absolute rocks for us so far.

Agree mate, too often we've let key players run down their deals but I've got full faith in Savage to put an end to this.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
38 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

No I would not, he is not a legend, that status is for players who actually contributed to Hearts winning trophies and those who bleed maroon. 

You wouldn't take any job if they offered 5x what you're on now, with better opportunities moving forward? 

Pasquale for King

It’s good that we will only be looking at one maybe two quality CHs in the summer and not a whole defence. 
Depending on who we get this month we might not need much in the summer. 

39 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is my feeling on the matter too, I think the decision will be more to do with Michael Smiths age rather than ability.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
36 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s just guesswork on your part. There’s a right way and a wrong way to leave any job. Souttar is looking out for himself, which is his prerogative, he’ll know full well how some fans will react. 

How would you do it differently? With his history of injuries he should be looking to get any deal concluded before the next game he plays in. Fact is Souttar has been a class act at Hearts on and off the pitch and nothing he has done here has changed that IMO.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

You wouldn't take any job if they offered 5x what you're on now, with better opportunities moving forward? 

Any job? PM? Hibs manager? Djokovic media representative? England cricket coach? Electric chair switch operator? 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic