** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Haring is our best midfielder. Took a little time to get back to previous form after his injury but now he's back to his best.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The guy that posted yesterday was bang on. Would you really worry about facing John Souttar? Would you really think running out at Tynie that they're stronger with Souttar over Goldson? 

Not really.

That was maybe me. If it wasn’t me that’s my view…

Just now, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Haring is our best midfielder. Took a little time to get back to previous form after his injury but now he's back to his best.

I totally agree. He can tackle, is comfortable on the ball and is actually a very good passer of the ball. I rate him above Devlin and Benni.

Berra than you
Just now, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Before his injury he was one of the best in the country. I feel he's lost a little mobility, but he still oozes class. We have been far better away from home when he plays. I really hope.he extends his stay.

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

That was maybe me. If it wasn’t me that’s my view…

I think it was mate.

I'm with you. I wouldn't be thinking to myself we're going to find it hard scoring today.

Imagine our scouts find a Beni or Devlin centre half. We'll all be laughing at him toiling for Rangers.

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Hopefully Gnanduillet’s departure is announced next.

Well, now that Hibs have told that Saudi team to gtf with their £2.25m bid for Boyle - they've turned their attention "elsewhere".   Gnando would be a bargain at £1m for them - more interesting hair than Boyle too.

A win-win all round, shirley :jambobanana:

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

He's probably been motm or close to it every game he has played since Beni got injured. We need 3 really good CM/DM players though, they pick up bookings and  injuries.

scott herbertson
57 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

👍Mackay, Robbo, Levein, Cruickshank, Gordon, Smith, Skacel, McPherson, who else is in your ten? 

In terms of who I watched I would say  the only legends I have seen in person and remember are Cumming, Ford, Cruickshank,  Gordon, Skacel,  and Robbo, with honourable mentions for Niemi, Levein and Willie Wallace (despite his horrible departure, worse than anything Souttar can do). I might have seen Willie Hamilton too (must have) but can't really remember him.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Nah. You can’t have a tackle and a European goal to your name amongst a pretty average career and be a legend, especially if you’ve got Brora and Birkirkara on your CV. Good servant I’d bracket him as.

Henry Smith is borderline legend for me. Very underrated keeper who deserved 86 to end better. Had so many nearly moments and so many disasters but kept bouncing back

I thought he meant Michael, Henry possibly as you say a nearly man like that whole team. 

6 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

I totally agree. He can tackle, is comfortable on the ball and is actually a very good passer of the ball. I rate him above Devlin and Benni.

They all have different qualities but I think there are facets of play both Beni and Dev can learn from Pete.

For Beni, perhaps he gets caught slightly out of position at times - especially on set pieces.  Pete doesn't.

For Dev, he keeps all passes short, which is great and keeps us in possession.  But Pete spreads play more progressively and knows when it's time to pull the trigger on a long pass (see Woodburn's goal v Ross Co).

That's not critisism of the other two, at all by the way, but it'd be hard to pick any holes in Pete's game, really other than perhaps he could do with another yard of pace.

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Well, now that Hibs have told that Saudi team to gtf with their £2.25m bid for Boyle - they've turned their attention "elsewhere".   Gnando would be a bargain at £1m for them - more interesting hair than Boyle too.

A win-win all round, shirley :jambobanana:

These high value 'bid's for Hibs players in the last window and now this one strangely haven't resulted in a single sale.  It makes me think if the person responsible for counting their crowd sizes is also behind their bid numbers.   Simply can't be trusted.

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Definitely if we keep with playing rwb. Smith not upto that position. 

Hopefully Atkinson turns out to be a star player. 

I think he will. 

Harings resurgence in form really gives us a headache in the middle of the park. I think it does suggest if we play our best 11 (common sense) tells you we might want to consider a 433.

Hope the big man signs an extension. Him Beni and Devlin in the middle of the park would give our defence a hell of an easy game 😂

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

These high value 'bid's for Hibs players in the last window and now this one strangely haven't resulted in a single sale.  It makes me think if the person responsible for counting their crowd sizes is also behind their bid numbers.   Simply can't be trusted.

perhaps knock a zero off both?

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Whilst he had a couple of major errors in big games Henry was outstanding week in week out for many seasons. Just a pity he wasn’t around in 98. 

Sorry I thought you meant Michael, Henry was a great keeper and thwarted the Hibees many times. 
Im on the fence whether he’s a legend but he has as much a claim as some. 

54 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

In a recent interview on Hearts TV Peter Haring said he was going to wait til later in the season to decide his future. He has options abroad but a big factor in staying with us would be us being in a European competition.

Of course he may have been concerned that with the form of Beni and Dev his game time was going to be more limited. He has grabbed his place back though tremendously well with Beni being injured. He is almost to me one of the first names on the team sheet. 

It's up to us the fans, too, to make sure he knows how much we value him and want him to stay. He has so much to offer it would be a real shame if he moves on.

Neither beni or Devlin would have been in the box like mceneff to have his shot saved before smith scored against county, nor would they have made the pass haring made for the second

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Really. Have you seen Beni play?

1 minute ago, Sherbet said:

Neither beni or Devlin would have been in the box like mceneff to have his shot saved before smith scored against county, nor would they have made the pass haring made for the second

His passing range is incredible tbf. He actually passes the ball forward too. Which doesn’t sound like much but when you watch a lot of our play it’s almost a novelty at times. Glad to see Haring getting back to his best. 

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Really. Have you seen Beni play?

I agree Beni is the better player but Haring provides more attacking intent I think, though some under rate this. 

2 hours ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

Folk saying Souters a legend and will be applauded if he comes back to Tynie with Rangers…..aye right he’ll be getting absolute abused, he’s no legend, sat for almost 4 years getting his injuries sorted off our season ticket money. If he goes to Rangers he can gtf. 

A legend is usually someone who has won things with the club or has a long affinity with it.Not sure Souttar ticks any of those boxes

Italian Lambretta

So the liklihood of us having a new striker signed by the time we play St Johnstone is looking like slim to none at the moment?

6 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

tbf, Dev in particular has played some very nice slide-rule type passes through defences - one to Woodburn sticks out which we scored from.  He was also put through himself a few times which has resulted in chances, penalties and maybe a goal off a rebound if I'm not wrong (could well be!!)

Agree in principle, but Beni and Dev and both very capable of playing higher up the pitch.  I've loved the games where these two have been used as efensive midfielders... but on the egde of the oppo box!!!

What Haring is really superb at is spreading the ball out wide nice and early.  We don't need to pass through three people to get the ball to a wide man when he's in the team.  Souttar does this well too, tbf.

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

So the liklihood of us having a new striker signed by the time we play St Johnstone is looking like slim to none at the moment?

A bold statement

Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

I'm quite chill about it though.

If we don't sign one at all, it's cool.  Other seasons and windows, we've signed anyone cos we wanted someone if that makes sense.  If we can't get our top picks, go with what we have.

Boyce is great, both Gino and Woodburn have proven very useful up top when needed too.  We've got 3 options there.  I'd kinda suggest if we don't sign another CF, letting Walker go may feel a bit premature, but there ya go

Jamboscanbevicius

Haring definitely the priority for an extension. 

Then maybe longer deals for Boyce or McKay? Or maybe pre-contracts for Cochran or Moore?

Any of those would be good business IMO.

1 hour ago, Gav M said:

would say Beattie was more of a cult hero than a legend myself

Agreed. I have a wee key-ring of him 'Doing the Beattie' ... an unforgettable moment in Hearts' history ... especially for those of us who were there. Was it Gowser who chased him and backed off so as not to get carded? Anyhoo, yes, a 'cult hero', of which we have many. Being remembered as a 'legend' is always going to be down to one's own personal assessment. For some, Beattie WILL be a legend. Nae herm in that!

22 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

They all have different qualities but I think there are facets of play both Beni and Dev can learn from Pete.

For Beni, perhaps he gets caught slightly out of position at times - especially on set pieces.  Pete doesn't.

For Dev, he keeps all passes short, which is great and keeps us in possession.  But Pete spreads play more progressively and knows when it's time to pull the trigger on a long pass (see Woodburn's goal v Ross Co).

That's not critisism of the other two, at all by the way, but it'd be hard to pick any holes in Pete's game, really other than perhaps he could do with another yard of pace.

A fair assesment i'd say mate.

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I haven't heard any names linked apart from the Japanese player. Hopefully something comes up, we should have enough to tuck St Johnstone away! 

Italian Lambretta
7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A bold statement

Yes ofcourse it is. Call me old fashioned but Ive always thought the concept of playing football is scoring goals and scoring more than the opposition.

We have our main goal scorer constantly sidelinde through injury and the other big huddy is just an imposter. 

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I haven't heard any names linked apart from the Japanese player. Hopefully something comes up, we should have enough to tuck St Johnstone away! 

Just like we did against Dundee, the sheep and the hobos?

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Yes ofcourse it is. Call me old fashioned but Ive always thought the concept of playing football is scoring goals and scoring more than the opposition.

We have our main goal scorer constantly sidelinde through injury and the other big huddy is just an imposter. 

1494260650-jurassic-park-over-our-head.g

4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

We scored 5 against Dundee Utd without Boyce in the team.

My bold statement: the signing of Nate Atkinson will add more goals to our team than an average striker

Selkirkhmfc1874

How good is it to see us having a proper strategic recruitment policy rather than the scatter gun throwing money down the drain under levein

24 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Savage doesn't give anything away. Just because we don't know anything about a new striker doesn't mean there won't be one.

iwasthere1954
13 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Just like we did against Dundee, the sheep and the hobos?

No like we did against Dundee United, Motherwell, Celtic and Ross County. That'll do me.

Was it not already mentioned on this thread that Halkett, Kingsley and Smith signed new deals before Christmas. Announcements have been delayed for marketing reasons.

If true it's Smith.

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We scored 5 against Dundee Utd without Boyce in the team.

My bold statement: the signing of Nate Atkinson will add more goals to our team than an average striker

Bingo bango!

30 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I agree Beni is the better player but Haring provides more attacking intent I think, though some under rate this. 

I am not against us offering Haring a new deal however I would dispute that he is our best midfielder. They all have a role to play and it could be argued that they are all equally as important as each other.

If we were to sell any of our current midfielders then I don't think Haring would net us the best fee.

21 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Agreed. I have a wee key-ring of him 'Doing the Beattie' ... an unforgettable moment in Hearts' history ... especially for those of us who were there. Was it Gowser who chased him and backed off so as not to get carded? Anyhoo, yes, a 'cult hero', of which we have many. Being remembered as a 'legend' is always going to be down to one's own personal assessment. For some, Beattie WILL be a legend. Nae herm in that!

Darren Barr as he was on a yellow 👍🏻

Bazzas right boot

Haring to extend

Smith to stay the extra year

Souttar to **** of for at least £500k

Gnando  away

Mystery defender

Mystery striker

Mystery forward type

I'd like Mckay to extend as well, but I think that is something for the summer.

Holy Valance to give me a gammy 

If all that happens then it will have been a good transfer window.

Edited by Smith's right boot

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic