** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

1 minute ago, vlad on the tyne said:

We unfortunately can't offer the money the old firm or England can offer. This situation could arise again with Beni and devlin. Im dissapointed if this plays out the way its being reported but it's hardly a massive surprise. 

Yes I agree with you but if we allow them to have him now then there is more chance of this scenario repeating itself.

If we make a stance and say OK we can't stop you from signing with the OF but any player signing a pre contract with them, will be sitting in the stand for the rest of their Hearts deal. It will then make players think twice about doing this again. 

If he signs a pre contract with a club in England and we get some money now for him then he would go with the majority of peoples wishes.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

47 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

They've just pocketed £16m for Paterson so will be able to stump up decent cash to get him in now surely.

That's the money they need to continue trading as a going concern.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Almost want celtic to hammer us now. 

Almost. 

It stinks, but in their position I'd do the same. 

Hopefully get maybe £500k for him. 

Sorry I don't like Neilson as manager, but never would I wish defeat against him or the team. 

If Souttar goes to Rangers we move on and deal with it, we knew Souttars contract was running down, we could've offered him an extension when he was injured, but at the time there was no guarantee we were ever going to get the old Souttar back, but that's what football is a risk, and sometimes you have to take a risk to achieve more. 

Recruitment wise, you can't blame Savage for this as Robbie and others we're at club before him, and could've offered Souttar a new deal when he was injured taking a chance yes but the financial rewards from it beneficial to our club. 

Everyone could see Souttars potential, it was just a case of him staying fit and injury free. 

All the best to the lad good footballer, would rather he moved down south, but until we get to a stage of paying players more money, and bringing in more money / and match day revenue with the possibility of challenging Celtic or Rangers, just isn't realistic. 

This can be achieved by securing more investment, or increasing our stadium capacity which would result in more matchday revenue, or by trying to secure decent fees on player turnover. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

48 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

To all Sevco fans having a neb at this thread 

YOU LET YOUR CLUB DIE.  

😁

Point of order - you forgot to mention that they're dirty hun *******s

24 minutes ago, Tales1874 said:

The point still stands though, we made cash of those 2 also contributed to a trophy. Souttar has been injured most of his hearts career and doesn’t show any respect or loyalty to the club that helped him recover from two serious injuries. 

Well put 👍👏

28 minutes ago, Tales1874 said:

The point still stands though, we made cash of those 2 also contributed to a trophy. Souttar has been injured most of his hearts career and doesn’t show any respect or loyalty to the club that helped him recover from two serious injuries. 

I don’t think Bosman was a thing when McPherson and McCann made their moves so not strictly comparable. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think Bosman was a thing when McPherson and McCann made their moves so not strictly comparable. 

Half right. 
Another first for the Hibees hero Kano 😆

2D1D9F72-1EA4-4503-A855-A67326E5BAE8.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Half right. 
Another first for the Hibees hero Kano 😆

2D1D9F72-1EA4-4503-A855-A67326E5BAE8.jpegA 50% hit rate is decent for me. 

1 hour ago, Mister Dee said:

To all Sevco fans having a neb at this thread 

YOU LET YOUR CLUB DIE.  

😁

Superb.

Post of the day.

By a mile.

On a pleasant, sunny afternoon, i can feel a glass of Chardonnay coming on thanks to your post.

Top man.

Cheers.

If Souttar does sign a pre contract with Rangers I'd prefer we sell him asap, try and get as much cash as possible. 

Moore-Halkett-Kingsley is a fine back 3 for the Celtic game.

If that report is true and Sevco the deadconians are getting him this window, AND are waiting till after the Celtic game (assuming we are going to play him) then isn’t that then just making him a target for one of them to injure him 🤔, I smell bullshit with that one. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If he does that, he saves us £100k..... 

😂

Who among us could ever forget that thread.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, Rooster20 said:

If Souttar does sign a pre contract with Rangers I'd prefer we sell him asap, try and get as much cash as possible. 

Moore-Halkett-Kingsley is a fine back 3 for the Celtic game.

Sell him to who? We can’t just sell him for the sake of selling him. But I’d bench him for the rest of the season if it’s a pre with Newco. I’d never let him wear a Hearts shirt again. I’m a bitter, grudge holding bar steward.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

McCann was sold several years after the Bosman ruling, it came into effect in '95.  He was still with us in '98 😎

3 hours ago, andrew said:

McCann was sold several years after the Bosman ruling, it came into effect in '95.  He was still with us in '98 😎

Yeah he moved the year after in 99.

Allan Johnston was the 1st player to depart from us on a Bosman when he went to Rennes in 96

Siphiwe Tshabalala

He turns like a bus and has a mistake in him most games, so I’m not overly bothered he’s away. 

If he really wanted to test himself he would’ve went down south (I don’t think he’s good enough) but seems he has bottled that. 

Edit: Diagonal switches of play and goal aside, if you rewatch the Scotland fixture against Denmark, you’ll see what I mean - poor positioning, poor in small to mid range technically and relied big time on his other defenders to bail him out. He won’t be at the World Cup either.

Not the biggest of losses we’ve ever had  imo. 

Edited by Siphiwe Tshabalala

7 hours ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Are you John McEnroe in disguise? 

Not in disguise, no

Anyway, despite your excellent name, you're dead to me. Ant-hater

8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Good point. Interesting to see what we do there, but doesn’t matter much in the grand scheme. Also worth bearing in mind that we might need Rangers to win the cup

Ffs we haven't kicked a ball in this years Cup competition. If we don't achieve European football as a result of this seasons performance, then its down to us. Its bad enough with the media not looking past the OF, without us joining in.

Vlad the impaler

Robbie on the scarves around the funnel podcast is a great listen. Discusses contracts,how we go about signing players and interestingly he’s still hopeful Souttar stays!…..Can you imagine the back peddling in here if that happened,including from

myself 😱

10 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Robbie on the scarves around the funnel podcast is a great listen. Discusses contracts,how we go about signing players and interestingly he’s still hopeful Souttar stays!…..Can you imagine the back peddling in here if that happened,including from

myself 😱

Can you imagine if he goes down south… after the shitey red-top chat over the last couple of days. Would show them up for what they are… as if that’s needed. 

Also, Just seeing this Itten chat and wondering if there could be something in it. He ticks the age ‘box’, looks a decent striker - capped for his country - and his being recalled at the same time the Souttar chat is hotting up with regards to sevco 🤷‍♂️…is it possible he could be part of a ‘deal’?

Just now, Agentjambo said:

It does say we will also replace any players leaving so another few with Walker, Souttar and Gnanduillet leaving 

Phil D. Corners
22 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

myself 😱

Not listened yet. Im curious how much Gowzer would be offering his services to Robbie. :lol: 

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, Everton had it as £4.1m.

Probably £16m if Everton win the ucl. 

Nah, Everton's tweet was to reveal his Premier League Fantasy Football price which Celtic fans believed was the real fee and were spreading it around on Twitter. That Fabrizio Romano said the confirmed fee was £16m.

40 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

myself 😱

Haha yeah the lack of ambition comments have been interesting to see, if he was to stay the same fans would surely want him sold ASAP for the lack of ambition..

Edited by Jambo92

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Imagine he got injured v Celtic. 

We should bench him for Celtic if he's still here. Why are we even entertaining their pishy wee plan to try and take points off THEIR title challengers. I hope we beat Celtic, but not with Soapy if he's going to THEM. Fek that! Who do they think they are? They're taking one of our best players for sweeties (or free) but wait.....play him against their main rivals so it helps them!

Are we soft? If he's going to them then just go!

29 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I always take what Neilson says about transfer with a pinch of salt as they hardly ever transpire with what he says.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Expecting a Souttar announcement today

I still think it will be tomorrow, but if reports are coming out that he has chosen Rangers then it wouldn't surprise me if we hear something today.

Vlad the impaler
Just now, vegas-voss said:

I always take what Neilson says about transfer with a pinch of salt as they hardly ever transpire with what he says.

Yeah he said one or two on podcast so I think that will change 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, vegas-voss said:

Yup, that often happened in the summer, think he would say 1 or 2 more signings and we got 5.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I still think it will be tomorrow, but if reports are coming out that he has chosen Rangers then it wouldn't surprise me if we hear something today.

Pure speculation but I think they'll announce Souttar going to rangers then announce Kingsley extension to soften the blow straight after

Berra than you
7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He also says in the article that if anyone else leaves they will be replaced. So as things stand it's a walker replacement we want. Likely after a gnando replacement also

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Pure speculation but I think they'll announce Souttar going to rangers then announce Kingsley extension to soften the blow straight after

Wish they would just rip the plaster off and get on with it then. 

44 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Robbie/The article contradicts himself a fair bit there. 

only one more to come in. Anyone leaving will be replaced. 

could be that some other business is already concluded and they are working on one more deal. 

I would be surprised if Souttar, Walker and Gnando were not all replaced. 

19 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He shouldn’t play against rangers if he signs a pre-contract with him. What if he goes for a 50/50, does he risk injuring himself or risk injuring his new team mate. What if rangers need the 3 points to clinch the title? 

What if we need the 3 points to clinch the title?

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

If Souter was going to sign for Rangers it will be in the Daily Record for days before it happens

"sevco swoop to rescue star from Tynecastle hell"

or

"Souttar completes dream move to boyhood idols"

9 minutes ago, CMc said:

could be that some other business is already concluded and they are working on one more deal. 

Yep.

One more but we need to run with a larger squad for the run in with covid. 

9 minutes ago, Jurek said:

What if we need the 3 points to clinch the title?

He still shouldn't play but if we are in that situation I might revise my opinion 🙂

Just now, mickycameron98 said:

Take it we aren't bringing Henderson back from his loan early?

Not sure when we have to do that by but I'd imagine it'll depend if we sign a striker.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry I don't like Neilson as manager, but never would I wish defeat against him or the team. 

If Souttar goes to Rangers we move on and deal with it, we knew Souttars contract was running down, we could've offered him an extension when he was injured, but at the time there was no guarantee we were ever going to get the old Souttar back, but that's what football is a risk, and sometimes you have to take a risk to achieve more. 

Recruitment wise, you can't blame Savage for this as Robbie and others we're at club before him, and could've offered Souttar a new deal when he was injured taking a chance yes but the financial rewards from it beneficial to our club. 

Everyone could see Souttars potential, it was just a case of him staying fit and injury free. 

All the best to the lad good footballer, would rather he moved down south, but until we get to a stage of paying players more money, and bringing in more money / and match day revenue with the possibility of challenging Celtic or Rangers, just isn't realistic. 

This can be achieved by securing more investment, or increasing our stadium capacity which would result in more matchday revenue, or by trying to secure decent fees on player turnover. 

Sarcasm is lost on some. 

You bang on about more investment, decent fees, etc like it's a new thing. 

Every club or even business has the same idea, what you are saying isn't new. 

9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Did we not agree a new contract when he was injured ?

Souttar is one injury away from retirement. We have a direct replacement at the club in TM. If Rangers want to take a chance on Souttar for 5x what we offer, then crack on. He's a good player but we are in a position where he's not a massive loss. If TM can't replace him we will find someone else who will. I'd happily take 200 grand for Soapy now and reinvest that in the squad. 

35 minutes ago, CMc said:

What he really said was that at least four will be coming in. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Souttar is one injury away from retirement. We have a direct replacement at the club in TM. If Rangers want to take a chance on Souttar for 5x what we offer, then crack on. He's a good player but we are in a position where he's not a massive loss. If TM can't replace him we will find someone else who will. I'd happily take 200 grand for Soapy now and reinvest that in the squad. 

The main thing is he goes early in the window.None of this pissing about until a day or two before the window or even hours before it shuts.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

That’s probably what’s going to happen Cruyff. . But I bet we get a hun reject as a sweetener. 🤔

The guy that posted yesterday was bang on. Would you really worry about facing John Souttar? Would you really think running out at Tynie that they're stronger with Souttar over Goldson? 

Not really.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic