** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

34 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

How is getting a player on loan seen as part of any settlement  ?  

they can keep him

Yeah, I don't want their shite. Halliday was bad enough. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Correct, we don't know him. So why drop him? Surely give him the benefit of the doubt and if his standards drop, he's dropped? 

I'd play 11 players who are committed to Hearts. Once you sign pre-contract for another club, and especially another one in the same league and a major rival, that commitment is diluted 

For that reason, he doesn't play again.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Correct, we don't know him. So why drop him? Surely give him the benefit of the doubt and if his standards drop, he's dropped? 

If that happens then the management team would have decided on his commitment. They’re able to make that decision.

You saying yes and me saying no is just our perceived risk of playing him or not. We’re both just blathering harmlessly on a fan forum. I don’t see how a player leaving and about to embark on the next stage of his career, having already signed a contract, could or would want to give total commitment compared to other players in the side. You think his professionalism would see him through. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
24 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Perhaps naive to drop our best centre back? Quite a slight on Souttar's character and professionalism to suggest he wouldn't maintain his high standards.

Is it professional for a formula 1 team to tell a driver to allow another driver with a “bigger” name to pass him?

Souttar will not be the same player for Hearts if at the end of January he’s pro contracted to Newco. He may try to hard against Celtic and get hurt or go in the other direction against his new employer. It’s a no from me to let him play moving forward.

MR INCREDIBLE
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I didn’t question Souttar’s character. The toxicity of signing a pre contract with them will prove to be too much of a distraction for the whole club. 

Correct!

I would even make him train with the kids.

So Sevco would be getting a player who has not had any competitive games for 5 months and is not as fit.

33 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

We create so many chances, we just don't finish enough of them.  If Defoe was happy to spend another 6 months in Scotland and his demands weren't excessive, I'd certainly take him.

Why would a total mercenary not have excessive demands ? 

He would want to screw us for as much as possible. 

I thought we had moved on from signing ageing cash sponges. 

Naisys Tackle

**** developing the huns player for another 5 months.   Neither Soapy or that lanky Swiss prick. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

We have. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I agree but that’s not really how it’s measured, they didn’t even build a trophy room ffs 😆

If Spurs played in a league where their is only one other rival due to the massive financial gap and backed to the hilt by the media and referees, then even they would have a trophy room full with silverware and competing champions league every year ( with a chance of winning it). Rangers outside of the tinpot Scottish League are small fry. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

If Spurs played in a league where their is only one other rival due to the massive financial gap and backed to the hilt by the media and referees, then even they would have a trophy room full with silverware and competing champions league every year ( with a chance of winning it). Rangers outside of the tinpot Scottish League are small fry. 

So if Rangers played in their league with all that money and higher global exposure they would just be also rans who never win anything like Spurs do? I would hope so. 
As for Spurs competing in the CL every year if roles were reversed, that’s laughable to be honest. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

My first single was Stand & Deliver from Woolworths.

Erm. Booo Souttar…..!

😮 you’re the dandy highwayman. 

2 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

I can still reel of their Lisbon team. Changed days indeed, I haven't a skooby.

2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

It was a very special team of 100% Scots born within a few miles of Parkhead.  That team was respected across the world for their achievement.

On an old Trafford stadium tour a few years ago the bloke taking it proudly announced Man U as the 1st British winners of the European Cup. I piped up keeping him right.

A total face-palm moment. 😆

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So if Rangers played in their league with all that money and higher global exposure they would just be also rans who never win anything like Spurs do? I would hope so. 
As for Spurs competing in the CL every year if roles were reversed, that’s laughable to be honest. 

Yes they would just be also rans, attracting top players to Glasgow would be hard, look at Newcastle for comparison.  Spurs in a 2 team Scottish league would if the coefficient allowed would either qualify outright for the group stage or enter through the knock out rounds. Point I was making was that outside Scotland to say Rangers are bigger than Spurs is laughable. On another point if Rangers went to play in the English leagues and weren’t winning every week  then history tells you the support in the stands tails off. 

People wanting a 38-year-old Defoe? FFS, will people realise there are players out there that would be a good fit for Hearts and aren’t someone you may have heard of? Jesus.

14 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

No need for them to lock stuff in a dusty cupboard, they have a museum in a brand new state of the art purpose built stadium to fill... 

Pasquale for King
Just now, stevie1874 said:

Yes they would just be also rans, attracting top players to Glasgow would be hard, look at Newcastle for comparison.  Spurs in a 2 team Scottish league would if the coefficient allowed would either qualify outright for the group stage or enter through the knock out rounds. Point I was making was that outside Scotland to say Rangers are bigger than Spurs is laughable. On another point if Rangers went to play in the English leagues and weren’t winning every week  then history tells you the support in the stands tails off. 

Spurs would be no different to the uglies if they played up here, if anything they have nowhere near the winning mentality support wise. 
Who knows how they would get on down south with the money Spurs get, hopefully as badly. Both teams are non entities in the bigger picture. 
Spurs have a hell of an advantage in worldwide exposure recently and if we had a way of measuring it we could end the argument. 
Anyway back to transfers and **** Souttar. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

People wanting a 38-year-old Defoe? FFS, will people realise there are players out there that would be a good fit for Hearts and aren’t someone you may have heard of? Jesus.

Wasn’t he a GK? Bit old. 

50 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

People wanting a 38-year-old Defoe? FFS, will people realise there are players out there that would be a good fit for Hearts and aren’t someone you may have heard of? Jesus.

Forum posters not speculating about players they've never heard of shocker.

😲

Walter Bishop
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Kingsley announced tomorrow 

You heard anything about Rangers offering us a player instead of cash for Souttar? 

HeartsandonlyHearts
58 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

My first single was Stand & Deliver from Woolworths.

Erm. Booo Souttar…..!

Learn something new every day on here.

Thought that it was Adam Ant who had that single.

Every day, every day.

1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

He's just been announced today.

Not officially yet. I reckon we are trying to keep the good news flowing when souttar finally announces where he is going

1 hour ago, Canscot said:

Kenny Dalgliesh for one. 

Celtic to Man Utd Lou Macari.

Celtic to Liverpool Kenny Dalglish(£440,000) a then British transfer record.

David Weir Rangers to Everton.

Charlie Nicholas Celtic to Arsenal.

Alfie Conn Junior, Rangers to Spurs.

Just off the top of my head.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Derek Ferguson from Rangers to a WAAAAY bigger club 😁

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

David Weir was Hearts to Everton

I envy itk posters.  One has described Defoe as a total mercenary.  How does he know that?  He also said we wouldn't be looking at 38 year old cash sponges.

Pretty sure Craig Gordon was 37 when he came here and again, I wouldn't know if he is a cash sponge but i doubt it.

Defoe has had a long, sucesdful career at a high level and he should be financially secure.  I doubt if money is a motivating factor but I'm not itk.

He banged in goals for Rangers and I think he would do the same for us if he wanted to come and we wanted him.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

I envy itk posters.  One has described Defoe as a total mercenary.  How does he know that?  He also said we wouldn't be looking at 38 year old cash sponges.

Pretty sure Craig Gordon was 37 when he came here and again, I wouldn't know if he is a cash sponge but i doubt it.

Defoe has had a long, sucesdful career at a high level and he should be financially secure.  I doubt if money is a motivating factor but I'm not itk.

He banged in goals for Rangers and I think he would do the same for us if he wanted to come and we wanted him.

Decent short term signing for someone. Not finished yet. Wil be looking for good money 

5 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Totally agree. 

32 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Kingsley announced tomorrow 

Great news! 

Got a quality core to build on for next year. 

Bit like we did in 04/05 - or pretty much any time we had success in recent history. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

If that were to be the case the answer is simple - we just don't sign him.

41 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Forum posters not speculating about players they've never heard of shocker.

😲

Sorry for the delay in replying, I’ve been looking for your point…

It’s one thing to think about what Hearts need to improve their team, seeing a player who is 39 years old and has scored a grand total of 4 goals in the last two seasons (most likely as he’s been off galavanting down south for Sky to improve his brand rather than make himself available for the team that pays his considerable wages) just because people remember him scoring goals on TV in recent years is just lazy thinking. No, I don’t expect people to speculate on people they don’t know, but there’s speculating on prospects and then there’s just recognising a name and thinking he’ll be as good as he was when you saw him banging them in at Portsmouth.

Not wanting to fart in anyone’s wind path, but why are we taking someone saying Kingsley’s extension will be announced tomorrow as a big deal? Have I missed something? I was expecting the Kingsley extension to be announced today after several media including a national newspaper reported it last night. Proclaiming it will be announced tomorrow when it’s after 7pm today isn’t exactly putting your neck out, is it?

I mean, am I wrong? Surely I wasn’t the only one expecting the announcement even today, so tomorrow is just logical by this time at night?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic