***Official Rangers vs Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

William H. Bonney

41 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Don't care how ugly it was, this was a good result.

See all this "can we not just have a go at them" and "why do we sit off them" chat; away and shite wi all that. They would catch us on the break every time if we went all out attack and probably pump us 3 or 4 nil. The way to get a result along the M8 is to dig in, frustrate them, and catch *them* on the break or hope for a set piece. 

Well done Robbie. Showed you know better than all these armchair fans who just want us to go all out attack. 

Spot on. We have some amount of donuts on here. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• CloustonHMFC

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I’d prioritise him over Souttar who played today like his head was messed up. Moore should never have been dropped and any fee for Souttar should be spent on Moore…imo of course

Really? I thought he strolled it. Can't think of anything he done wrong. Halkett who also played great played a loose pass in the first half Taht could have cost us.  Too early to start taking about Moore. He looks the part but he's played what 2 games?

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Aribo was very lucky to stay on the pitch but that wasn't a penalty for Boyce.

There were about 10 offside decisions that seemed to go against us but Hun TV doesn't show replays.

A lot of refereeing decisions I'd like to see again.

I agree with that

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Boyce was poor today. Woodburn not much better. We looked far more dangerous up front with GMS Gnando and Ginelly 

To be fair, you’ve got to factor in the fresh legs effect. Terrific competition for places though. Of the 3 I think GMS has the best chance of getting back in ahead of woodburn. FFS can someone teach him to Gary to hit the target though 

5 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

I'm not sure why we have to be so passive in the first half. We just sat in and let them come onto us. It's clearly a tactic employed by Neilson.

However the Rangers players just died around 60 minutes and we created chance after chance after that.

I'm delighted with the result. The only issue is that they could have been out of sight long before we decided to start playing. What is true is that our players that came on didn't affect the quality of the team and gave us some different options.

Very happy with the result. Almost disappointed we didn't get more. 

Managers are in a results based business so if we have a bad first half but still take a point at Ibrox there'll be no complaints from me. Let's hope we can now turn over Dundee and beat St Johnstone for good measure.

Sat in isn't quite right. Didn't do enough with poseesion but Rangers playing the ball quickly are near unstoppable. 

Jack Torrance
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Great subs from Neilson again. He's really upped his game in that respect this season.

He has the tools at his disposal  now to make those changes

Great subs from Neilson again. He's really upped his game in that respect this season.

HIs best decision was to go 4231 near the end to try and grab a goal.

I'm not sure just switching wingers counts as great subs.

1 minute ago, RussAsia said:

Do people not see the amount of work Boyce puts into every game. I'm sure as a striker he'd rather stand up front Gnando style and just go for goals but it's his workrate that allows the rest of the team to cover each other. 

Even when Gnando came on Boyce was in behind him working his socks off to try and allow Gnando space.

No doubt he works hard. Is that enough though ? He doesn’t keep possession well enough for me. He doesn’t make runs. He’s a mediocre passer and penalties apart, he’s not a prolific goal scorer.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

Really? I thought he strolled it. Can't think of anything he done wrong. Halkett who also played great played a loose pass in the first half Taht could have cost us.  Too early to start taking about Moore. He looks the part but he's played what 2 games?

Well i migh just have been over he too a bit in criticism but he gave me the fear more than Halkett did and some of his long balls are just Sunday league. Moore has shown in those two games he’s strong and competent. But aye maybe I’m jumping the gun a bit lol

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, RussAsia said:

HIs best decision was to go 4231 near the end to try and grab a goal.

I'm not sure just switching wingers counts as great subs.

They do for me. All 3 made a difference. Most subs these season have, the timing of bringing on Gnando and Haring in a couple of games in particular.

8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

McGregor gave up being a Jambo a long time ago. 

You always have a soft spot for the team you support for first 15 years of your life I reckon. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye. Nobody better at being a wank cockwomble fud.

Succinctly put as always 👍🏽👏🏾😆

Just now, JimmyCant said:

No doubt he works hard. Is that enough though ? He doesn’t keep possession well enough for me. He doesn’t make runs. He’s a mediocre passer and penalties apart, he’s not a prolific goal scorer.

Exactly the point I was trying to make. I think we need to strengthen up front.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

More people should do what I do and just tell them to **** off, which is what anyone in real life would do if they spouted their drivel in a pub. Worth the bans.

How uncouth. 😂😂

I should do, but it passes the time. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

On the other hand he's scored 22 in 40 for us 🤷‍♂️

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

He has the tools at his disposal  now to make those changes

The bench looked incredibly strong and the likes of McEneff and Walker not even making it.

12 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Finally a balanced perspective of what happened. We were extremely lucky not to be 3-0 down, and only competed in the last ten minutes. Having said that it is great to score late to equalise.

True but I'll take that OF do that all the time nice to return the favour.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

He' definitely decent but to pretend that there is nobody better out there is crazy. 

I didn't think we played great at all today, apart from the last 10 or 15 mins. Felt we sat too deep and were too cautious. However, so what, a last minute equaliser to keep the unbeaten run going at Ibrox is fantastic! 😁

Absolutely buzzing after that. A last minute equaliser at Ibrox!! Not many of them in a pound.

Really proud of how we played in the last half hour. So much better. We could even have sneaked a win there, although that probably would have been a bit undeserved.

Happy happy Jambo tonight. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

He' definitely decent but to pretend that there is nobody better out there is crazy. 

That's a different argument mind you

3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I didn't think we played great at all today, apart from the last 10 or 15 mins. Felt we sat too deep and were too cautious. However, so what, a last minute equaliser to keep the unbeaten run going at Ibrox is fantastic! 😁

That's easier said than done. 

Edited by Mikey1874

28 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

What a great second half from us, our quality and ability to adapt certainly shone through.

Still not convinced Boyce is our man for these big, high intensity games like this but I'm willing to be proven wrong if someone could point out the impact he had (compared to Gnando who seemed to boss his blades of grass when he came on).

Either way, taking a point from that manky lot at Ibrox of all places is huge. Neilson's record at Ibrox continues!

I agree. Boyce didn't do much today. Was so frustrating when he was spending his time shouting at devlin for not passing to him that he didn't even notice mcgregor had spilled the ball! 

I'd be up for starting with gnando next week. Be good to see what he could give us. 

Half of them penalties maybe. I don’t dislike the guy. I just wonder sometimes if he really fits in our team if we’re playing a false 9. Not sure we wouldn’t do better with a more orthodox striker. Disnae matter just now but we lack options if he gets in a rut.

7 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Exactly the point I was trying to make. I think we need to strengthen up front.

January signing lined up. No idea who it is though. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

So when Rangers attack with 8 players should we just have 3 or 4 defending? 

You can defend higher up the park. If you sit with 10 players sitting at the edge of our box, you're inviting 8 players to attack us. 

Some people saying we sat to deep in the first half !? That’s not true we were pressing them high up the field the difference was when they had the ball they kept it. Their passing was pretty good. We did really well at defending and Gordon was at his usual best to keep them out. Second half was a different story we actually took the game to them. We made very good game changing substitutions and most importantly never gave up. 

Guest ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

January signing lined up. No idea who it is though. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ex-hearts-striker-genero-zeefuik-14432587

Not him obviously but someone who comes in and makes an impact like him when we're already going well would be brilliant. Not sure any jan signing has ever made such an impact. Great to be looking at signings when, hopefully still, in a strong position in the league rather than looking to replace people.

Jack Torrance
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The bench looked incredibly strong and the likes of McEneff and Walker not even making it.

Walker won't get a sniff now unless he ups his fitness. Shame for McEneff. I hope he pushes for a spot.

I was listening to the "Sacked in the Morning" podcast earlier and they made a good point that it's easier to keep players happy and unhappy players quiet, when you're winning.

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Half of them penalties maybe. I don’t dislike the guy. I just wonder sometimes if he really fits in our team if we’re playing a false 9. Not sure we wouldn’t do better with a more orthodox striker. Disnae matter just now but we lack options if he gets in a rut.

We have been crying out for someone who can put the ball in the net especially a forward. We have one in Boyce, let’s be happy for once. 

1 minute ago, Jack Torrance said:

Walker won't get a sniff now unless he ups his fitness. Shame for McEneff. I hope he pushes for a spot.

I was listening to the "Sacked in the Morning" podcast earlier and they made a good point that it's easier to keep players happy and unhappy players quiet, when you're winning.

Walker wants out in January. Suspect he will be away unless we pick up injuries in next two months. He is now clearly fourth or fifth choice. Shame but not realised the potential he had due to injuries. 

3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

We have been crying out for someone who can put the ball in the net especially a forward. We have one in Boyce, let’s be happy for once. 

Guy is on track to become our first 20+ scorer since Robbo and folk are complaining about him 🙈

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Walker wants out in January. Suspect he will be away unless we pick up injuries in next two months. He is now clearly fourth or fifth choice. Shame but not realised the potential he had due to injuries. 

I really like Walker but everyone in our squad who plays in the positions he does are of better quality.

10 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I agree. Boyce didn't do much today. Was so frustrating when he was spending his time shouting at devlin for not passing to him that he didn't even notice mcgregor had spilled the ball! 

I'd be up for starting with gnando next week. Be good to see what he could give us. 

👍

1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I really like Walker but everyone in our squad who plays in the positions he does are of better quality.

👍 they are now. 

25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And really quite fat. Looked like a Sunday league player today in more ways than one.

El Bufalo.  The Gruffalo would be more of a threat!

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Our best after Gordon and Beni for me.

Souttar is a far better player. Also Kingsley, GMS, Halkett and Devlin. He is in a position where we have very little cover and that is what makes him valuable.

Shame we didn’t get one a bit earlier, they were blowing out their arses at the end of the match, the win was on.

Not Robbie’s biggest fan, but fair play to him today - threw the kitchen sink at them second half. 

in terms of Rangers MOM, thought linesman shaded the ref, not sure who the sponsors (Erskine apparently) gave it to.