***Official Rangers vs Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

William H. Bonney

Just now, Jambo61 said:

Why argue with a joke that said it could have been a red??????????

You were joking about it being the same as Porteous’s? Def didnt come across like that

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• CloustonHMFC

9 minutes ago, RENE said:

Thought Devlin was MoM , with Halkett a close run second.  The amount of times Halkett and Soutar made blocking tackles was unreal.

Another great game by Devlin. As I said earlier (despite Rangers tv wanting him sent off) did well playing 70 minutes on a booking.

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

McGregor made more great saves than Gordon today. 

Despite his error, McGregor won Rangers a point today. 

6 minutes ago, jdl2002 said:

Totally agree Tom 👍

Canny agree more.Tom’s spot on with his take on the game. Hearts were outplayed in the first half but stuck at it, steering clear of hoofball and caused Rangers more problems as the game wore on. Well done Hearts!! 😁

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

It wasnt a penalty either. Robertson gave a few soft fouls and the lino second half was a disgrace but on the whole the ref was fair

Penalty and potential red aside, I thought he was the usual shite you get in Glasgow. He must have gave that Hagi boy about 8 fouls whenever he fell over. Sometimes without him even being touched. He also failed to send off Bacuna for having his hands around Kingsleys throat. That’s not fair in my eyes. 

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

A decade.  Superb.

Hope our 916 supporters get away unscathed.

Pretty sure @Locky is still lying at the bottom of the stairs celebrating 

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

Hes got attitude all right and well as tenacious and skill. He what we’ve been needing, 

Fantastic player. Never gives up and constantly gets in the opposition faces. Great energy and composure on the ball. Top find in all honesty. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We're still learning. Its a new team versus a very established one. Hearts dug in, never gave up and worked out how to hurt them more.

Credit also to Devlin and Baningime after fairly early bookings to keep digging in. 

It was Cochrane that was booked early not Devlin, who was slightly fortunate with the amount of fouls he gave away. 

3 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

A number if posters seem to have disappeared….wonder why, for those looking on 👋 👋 👋, how did you get on today??????? :rofl:

Good commentary again my man

8 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Don't think it was a case of us not being up for it buddy! Just think it was a case of rangers being at home in a big game with a clear chance to go 4 points clear! Well that's my take on it anyway!

Anyway second half was much better, not perfect or out of this world good! But defiantly much better. We stay unbeaten! Only one point of top! Ohh and hibs lose 3-0 at home! This makes my nightshift tonight much easier! 

Ahh not a bad day at the office! Enjoy your weekend buddy! :flag1:

You to mate.

All's well that ends well . 👍

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I don't get this 60mins.

I thought we came out and competed well 46-60mins, getting a lot more of the ball than the awful first 45mins and setting the tone for the rest of the half.

It’s all opinions, I thought they were still on top first 15 of second half. 

Bazzas right boot

The thing that is obvious is that all the Bob haters who were rabid during the week and posting shite all match disappear when we get a good result. 

It's almost as if they get lost in space or are forever talking shite. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, pointon said:

Well I am a slavering arse humble pie down the throat 😂still not seeing the fuss with Woodburn however 

There’s not really been much fuss about him has there? He has been decent nothing more than that. Struggled today but he is a young guy.  More to come from him hopefully 

3 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Tell me what he done then? 
Foul after foul. Any forward passes that created and chances? 
yes runs about a lot but that’s about it 

Aye, that GHD/JDH/GBH boy at Hibs is much better. . .  Likesy 

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The triple save at the corner??

His reaction after that too….I have serious man love for big Craig ❤️

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There’s not really been much fuss about him has there? He has been decent nothing more than that. Struggled today but he is a young guy.  More to come from him hopefully 

Hope so enjoy tonight 👍

The Old Tolbooth

What a difference in the second half, absolutely superb, well done Robbie for having the balls to change it and take the game to them, it was a cracking game of football in the end and both keepers had some outstanding saves, chuffed at rhag like!! 

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Aye, that GHD/JDH/GBH boy at Hibs is much better. . .  Likesy 

Is that you just trying to start other shite? Cause I never said anything about them. I only said I don’t get the fuss about him 

7 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Aye especially from that corner in  the 90th minute eh ? 

Great saves from Gnando and McKay otherwise we might be celebrating a famous win. 

The Future's Maroon
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

The thing that is obvious is that all the Bob haters who were rabid during the week and posting shite all match disappear when we get a good result. 

It's almost as if they get lost in space or are forever talking shite. 

😂😂

Exile fae Main Street

Totally delighted with result. Sounded like we were pegged back rather than sat  back.  Well done Hearts for hanging in there and overcoming a couple of dodgy refereeing calls. Didn't see the game, and didnae listen tae the radio either, so it was watching updates on phone......and for the 1st time during a match on JKB....which was an, er experience! Lol! Well done the Jam Tarts!😍

Strange game, think Rangers played very well.  It was one of those games where if we kept it 0-0 till the 60th minute and then they scored it would have likely run away with it.

We grew into the game second half, they sat back and it became a very even game. We had 2 or 3 really strong chances (Boyce was absolutely onside for his one).  Ginnelly changed the game in my eyes, his pace terrified their defence.

In the end, take the point and move on.

5 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The bit in bold can't be right! ;)

Fair Point FT

That result will have just wrecked his weekend In Blackpool 

GIRUY 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, pointon said:

Well I am a slavering arse humble pie down the throat 😂still not seeing the fuss with Woodburn however 

Wasn’t great today but needs movement around him, you also run off the pitch when you’re getting beat. 
Don’t think we used the width of that pitch well until Gino and GMS came on. All three subs made a difference. 

7 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Tell me what he done then? 
Foul after foul. Any forward passes that created and chances? 
yes runs about a lot but that’s about it 

Fester Road board locked down I take it.

Absolute croffler.

Edited by colinmaroon

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

You were joking about it being the same as Porteous’s? Def didnt come across like that

Nah if you cleaned the spittle from your screen I was saying Gerrard would claim not to have seen it, it was a straight leg, he was out of control, a bit like you, and was the same argument for a red as Porteous was slagged off for.

But enjoy your Saturday night!

julienbrellier

Anyone that watched the game knows we had by far the better of the second half. Big decisions also went against us (aribo clear red card, Gino 1 on 1 called offside), still managed to get back into it. It’s a massive result for us playing Rangers away and with the ref in their corner. This team is the real deal 100%

Edited by julienbrellier

What a great second half from us, our quality and ability to adapt certainly shone through.

Still not convinced Boyce is our man for these big, high intensity games like this but I'm willing to be proven wrong if someone could point out the impact he had (compared to Gnando who seemed to boss his blades of grass when he came on).

Either way, taking a point from that manky lot at Ibrox of all places is huge. Neilson's record at Ibrox continues!

best in the land

Good result which i would have taken from the start. 

Wish we'd have had more of the game hoped our lineup would have been enough. 

Quite lucky to get the draw but will take it. 

Nice do it so late, been on the end of those in Glasgow so often. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s all opinions, I thought they were still on top first 15 of second half. 

They were a lot lot slower and more laboured and we focused on the defensive job. Then, we upped it, they were tired. Have to say i was really impressed by how we wrestled control of the game upping our intensity at that stage. It was great bit of game management from the manager 

25 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Takes me back to Tommy Murray sitting on the ball and crossing for Donald Ford to nod in to silence Ibrox after Rangers had totally dominated the game  as much as they did for most of today.

I remember that day. Sitting on the ball deemed ungentlemanly conduct after that, strangely enough. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Great saves from Gnando and McKay otherwise we might be celebrating a famous win. 

Good saves aye, but McGregor is a horrible arse of a man, he'll never get any praise from me mate. Not even for his goalkeeping.

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

They got their farters blasted. 

Shame.

These feckin imposters are on the glass mountain.

Some right dicks on here earlier on. They really are a shower of planks.

15,000 there.  Doubt if it's true but hope it is.

More the better.

I will repeat ad nauseum there is only one statistic that means anything in football, goals scored.

Sevco scored 1, Heart of Midlothian scored 1. The game ended in a score draw.

One team in the top league in Scotland remains unbeaten at present. That team is the Heart of Midlothian.

Nobody and I mean nobody thought that, that would be the case after playing both Glasgow teams, one at home and one away.

Just now, best in the land said:

Good result which i would have taken from the start. 

Wish we'd have had more of the game hoped our lineup would have been enough. 

Quite lucky to get the draw but will take it. 

Nice do it so late, been on the end of those in Glasgow so often. 

In my opinion, we'd have had more of the game if Haring had played - Robbie would've been slated for being negative if he'd done that though. 

1 minute ago, julienbrellier said:

Anyone that watched the game knows we had by far the better of the second half. Big decisions also went against us (aribo clear red card, Gino 1 on 1 called offside), still managed to get back into it. It’s a massive result for us playing Rangers away and with the ref in their corner. This team is the real deal 100%

My overall impression now is McGregor saved them from defeat. 

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Happy with that. 9 games in, unbeaten, only smelltic have scored more, only Dundee utd have conceded less and only St J and scumdee left to complete the full round.

2 minutes ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Totally delighted with result. Sounded like we were pegged back rather than sat  back.

Yeah pretty much, we didn't just sit back and invite pressure we were sort of just pinned against the ropes by a better team. Rangers came out with the idea of pushing high and ending the game within half an hour but we dug in and weathered the storm.

Evidently it paid off!

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The triple save at the corner??

One of the triple was Smith, the other two would have been soft had they gone in 

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

15,000 there.  Doubt if it's true but hope it is.

More the better.

No chance 🤣🤣🤣 

12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yes but it wasn’t as though it was 10+ saves goalkeeper MoM tho. The boys in front of Gordon deserve more of the credit. For me anyway. Big CG is always important 👍 

Don't think anyone in front of Gordon deserved credit for first half tbh.

9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

A decade.  Superb.

Hope our 916 supporters get away unscathed.

Lots of missiles coming in from our supposed ‘cousins’ in the other stands. 

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I will repeat ad nauseum there is only one statistic that means anything in football, goals scored.

Sevco scored 1, Heart of Midlothian scored 1. The game ended in a score draw.

One team in the top league in Scotland remains unbeaten at present. That team is the Heart of Midlothian.

Nobody and I mean nobody thought that, that would be the case after playing both Glasgow teams, one at home and one away.

Post of the day John. 100% spot on.