***Official Rangers vs Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

William H. Bonney

1 minute ago, Halliphax said:

What a great second half from us, our quality and ability to adapt certainly shone through.

Still not convinced Boyce is our man for these big, high intensity games like this but I'm willing to be proven wrong if someone could point out the impact he had (compared to Gnando who seemed to boss his blades of grass when he came on).

Either way, taking a point from that manky lot at Ibrox of all places is huge. Neilson's record at Ibrox continues!

Boyce doesn't have the legs or guile to play from the half-way line.......Nando is a better option for me for that kind of game!

Boyce is becoming frustrated and petulant, as clearly shown with his Shirley Temple tantrum when he should have been following in, and he should have cost us a goal when he ended up at L/B after a corner and just watched the hun run past him!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• CloustonHMFC

Guest ToqueJambo

Brilliant first half display from the defence as Rangers were excellent, and then very good in the 2nd taking the game to them more. Really good point and we could easily have nicked it - McGregor had the better saves.

Rangers played very well, at least in the first half, but 4 shots from 5 on target is excellent from us. Fully deserved the draw. Gnando must be close to a starting place. He does give us more threat when he comes on. Alex Cochrane superb again for such a young player.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ref looking right at it. Definitely a red in today’s game. 

99CF7C9B-A33A-4767-8655-E3853C1074CB.jpeg

Will there be the same outcry against Aribo as there was for Porteous on...Aribo?

Doubtful.

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s all opinions, I thought they were still on top first 15 of second half. 

They may have edged it (imo) but was nothing like the first 45, we were competing and starting to hold onto ball. That was the base to build on for the next 30mins.

9 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Even after a great result you have to slag the officials. It's not sour grapes when I say they were cheats. Stone wall penalty when Boyce bundled over and the linesman refusing to flag for offside.

Aribo should have had a straight red for his assault on Devlin. 

The substitute (can't remember his name) was lucky to stay on for grabbing Kingsley round the neck. 

Instead our manager gets sent off for justifyably complaining about it. 

I'm not sure we needed officials the crowd made most of the decisions. 

Good job there wasnt any Hearts player near McGregor when he flapped otherwise the goal would have been chalked off. 

Great result for our lads sticking in and giving as good as they were getting in the second half. 

Three years ago we went through to that pit under similar circumstances and got blown away in thirty minutes. 

This team is different. 

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another great game by Devlin. As I said earlier (despite Rangers tv wanting him sent off) did well playing 70 minutes on a booking.

Despite his error, McGregor won Rangers a point today. 

Devlin was booked in 75th minute? 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Worse than Porteous's and his also deserved a red. No surprise.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Aribo should’ve seen red, a raker and stamp, Didn’t know you can grab people by the throat now, they were all over us first half, massive improvement second half, halket immense, one bad pass, Boyce not off, nando made a diference,.

if only mackay squared it, he is good tho, love devlin, we have been screaming for a guy like that.

on we roll.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair play wi the still thats a red

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

What a great second half from us, our quality and ability to adapt certainly shone through.

Still not convinced Boyce is our man for these big, high intensity games like this but I'm willing to be proven wrong if someone could point out the impact he had (compared to Gnando who seemed to boss his blades of grass when he came on).

Either way, taking a point from that manky lot at Ibrox of all places is huge. Neilson's record at Ibrox continues!

If barrie rolls boyce in he has a tap in. That said woodburn was bossed and i thought gnando gave them different problems.

Well done Robbie. Now get appealing that red card, take it all the way, coz it highlights bacunas throat grabbing.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

Anyone that watched the game knows we had by far the better of the second half. Big decisions also went against us (aribo clear red card, Gino 1 on 1 called offside), still managed to get back into it. It’s a massive result for us playing Rangers away and with the ref in their corner. This team is the real deal 100%

This. The kind of result great seasons are built on.

Home TeamRangersAway TeamHearts
Possession
Home54%
Away46%
Shots
Home27
Away5
Shots on Target
Home10
Away4
Corners
Home6
Away4
Fouls
Home11
Away12

We certainly turned the stats around by a much better second halve. 
Craig Gordon MoM 

6 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Good saves aye, but McGregor is a horrible arse of a man, he'll never get any praise from me mate. Not even for his goalkeeping.

All jambos are ok with me. 

22 minutes ago, RENE said:

Thought Devlin was MoM , with Halkett a close run second.  The amount of times Halkett and Soutar made blocking tackles was unreal.

The amount of ground that Devlin covered was astounding and he seemed to get stronger and stronger as the Rangers midfield tired.

Aribo's was a red all day, that boy that grabbed Kingsleys throat should have been off aswell - the outcome a yellow to both players and the Hearts manager sent off, only in Scotland.

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Aye but kevin thomoson said aribo had to go in that high due to the ball bouncing too high.....one of many stupid things he said today, including the belter about mcgregor being scotlands top keeper..........ohhh my fekkin sides

AlphonseCapone
46 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Ah Bob with the get a red to show passion to cover another poor selection/performance in Glasgow trick 

Regardless of how the result went, that's utter horseshit.

Amazing scenes at the end. Can’t post a video for some reason but that was a great point earned. Wee bit luck our way and we’d have had 3 points. 

31 minutes ago, mikey51 said:

You have clearly never played football in your life. 

Ok mate. Have a great night. Good point in the end. 

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Will there be the same outcry against Aribo as there was for Porteous on...Aribo?

Doubtful.

I think we all know the answer to that one. A resounding no.

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The thing that is obvious is that all the Bob haters who were rabid during the week and posting shite all match disappear when we get a good result. 

It's almost as if they get lost in space or are forever talking shite. 

More people should do what I do and just tell them to **** off, which is what anyone in real life would do if they spouted their drivel in a pub. Worth the bans.

29 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Delighted to get a point at the end of that seen as the Rangers had enough chances to be out of sight before we scored/ On to the next one undefeated now.

Finally a balanced perspective of what happened. We were extremely lucky not to be 3-0 down, and only competed in the last ten minutes. Having said that it is great to score late to equalise.

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Another fine SFA decision 🤦‍♂️ Absolutely laughable 

Just leaving Ibrox now and am absolutely buzzing. Great effort from the team and although we were lucky at times we fought hard and deserved a point. A couple of Gordon's saves were incredible. So proud of the JTs!!!

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Scott Leitch said:

Thought Kingsley was MOTM. Cracking player. Hopefully he has or will be offered a new deal.

I’d prioritise him over Souttar who played today like his head was messed up. Moore should never have been dropped and any fee for Souttar should be spent on Moore…imo of course

One thing I took from the game, Alfredo is mince, missed a good few sitters, really hope he is hurting tonight 😆

I'm not sure why we have to be so passive in the first half. We just sat in and let them come onto us. It's clearly a tactic employed by Neilson.

However the Rangers players just died around 60 minutes and we created chance after chance after that.

I'm delighted with the result. The only issue is that they could have been out of sight long before we decided to start playing. What is true is that our players that came on didn't affect the quality of the team and gave us some different options.

Very happy with the result. Almost disappointed we didn't get more. 

Managers are in a results based business so if we have a bad first half but still take a point at Ibrox there'll be no complaints from me. Let's hope we can now turn over Dundee and beat St Johnstone for good measure.

Guest ToqueJambo
50 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Ah Bob with the get a red to show passion to cover another poor selection/performance in Glasgow trick 

aL9UlXFi8bTEs6yYl0lfHMg7Laoa0uebXcINd0o3

Why do folk never wait until the game ends?

jack D and coke
27 minutes ago, sadj said:

It wasnt a penalty either. Robertson gave a few soft fouls and the lino second half was a disgrace but on the whole the ref was fair

That was a pen for me and he’d have been booked. Made no attempt to play the ball and just ran across Boyce. There’s soft fouls and cynical fouling which that was for me. Then his booking for pulling back Boyce second half and he’s off. 
Other than that I thought he was ok Robertson today. 
And chuffed with the draw🇱🇻💪🏼

14 minutes ago, Halliphax said:

Boyce was poor today. Woodburn not much better. We looked far more dangerous up front with GMS Gnando and Ginelly 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Vic Vespa said:

One thing I took from the game, Alfredo is mince, missed a good few sitters, really hope he is hurting tonight 😆

And really quite fat. Looked like a Sunday league player today in more ways than one.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Boyce was poor today. Woodburn not much better. We looked far more dangerous up front with GMS Gnando and Ginelly 

Great subs from Neilson again. He's really upped his game in that respect this season.

Ex member of the SaS

Normally even after a win I can see the frailties in our team/tactics/players, however tonight I have praise for them all. Even during the first half we did not sit in and try to defend. we had some break away chances and over all played to our strengths.

We need this sort of commitment in every game and we will be right up there. First off no slacking for Dundee, get wired in and give them a pounding.

4 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Finally a balanced perspective of what happened. We were extremely lucky not to be 3-0 down, and only competed in the last ten minutes. Having said that it is great to score late to equalise.

Strangely enough I couldn't see much wrong with Devlin's goal but nobody seems to mention it.

Hackney Hearts

I particularly liked the fact that Hearts did the majority of the attacking in the 4 minutes added time. A very good sign.

Aribo was very lucky to stay on the pitch but that wasn't a penalty for Boyce.

There were about 10 offside decisions that seemed to go against us but Hun TV doesn't show replays.

A lot of refereeing decisions I'd like to see again.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Great subs from Neilson again. He's really upped his game in that respect this season.

Boyce is the most over-rated player at the club

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Do people not see the amount of work Boyce puts into every game. I'm sure as a striker he'd rather stand up front Gnando style and just go for goals but it's his workrate that allows the rest of the team to cover each other. 

Even when Gnando came on Boyce was in behind him working his socks off to try and allow Gnando space.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Indeed. No complaints at all about the manager today. Dunno what he got a red for but hey, doesn’t really matter much.