• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• CloustonHMFC

19 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Being a lıttle pedantic here, but that was at Tynecastle.

This is the forum for Pedants🤣

10 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Arguably that is worse than Porteous who came in side on.  That is a straight leg, studs up, direct from the front.  Potentially a leg breaker.

Of course, it never happened, just as grabbing someone by the throat is a yellow.

And refs are better this season, my bahoochie!!!

Just watched the highlights. As predicted, the Aribo ‘tackle’ did not feature. All I can say is that Ibrox must be the only place in world football where grabbing someone by the throat isn’t a straight red.

Commentators didn’t mention it, of course.

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Bootzilla said:

Richard foster (I know -  I’d forgotten about him too) sounded as lively as a cross between Andy Murray on mogadon and Marvin the Paranoid Android- it’s tv license ending stuff.

I've been amazed how mr Amy Macdonald, got a gig on sportscene, you could overdose on ovaltine, listening to the boring *******😆🇱🇻

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

You're not smiling anymore !

Utter Fud

20211016_201911.jpg

Not quite dougray scott, before and after levels, but still priceless😆🇱🇻

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, R08813 said:

We’re winning the league, can’t wait for the open top bus, I love hearts 

League and couple double, nap. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Its what I hate most about playing them. If we get beat by the better team, I'm more than happy to accept it, but when we're given soft yellows/reds, offsides when we're onside etc. vs carte blanche it really takes the enjoyment aspect out of watching it. I still remember Davisgate, or the game where Kenny Miller ruined Kevin McHatties career. It was Steven Smith that got sent off for his foul on Paterson, but the assaults by Miller and Boyd on McHattie and McKay went totally unpunished. The Ibrox 4, Fyssas being sent off at Celtic Park, Scott Browns entire career. There is absolutely a culture of treating the OF differently. 

I'm not asking for preferential treatment, just a fair shake the same as in every other country. 

We've got a real problem in Scotland with so many refs coming from the west coast refereeing associations. I think a fair question to ask is out of all the top flight referees, how many of them come from each one of the 12 associations. I would put my house on almost all of them (certainly all the FIFA ones) coming from Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Renfreshire and possibly also Ayrshire. ****ing OF heartlands. What else are we to expect when the net is barely cast. I'd love to know the last referee to come from the other associations and if we broke it down into pure numbers, how many come from each. I suspect we all know that the aforementioned 4 associations will have a disproportionately high volume of referees which warrants an explanation on if the others are just incompetent or if those 3/4 happen to be doing something special which warrants such skewed stats. If we looked at it since 1980 it would not be justifiable. 

It’s corruption, mate. Pure and simple. 
Bobby Madden…

60408312-FD83-4531-922D-7C2CF3301A48.jpeg

So other than failing to show two red cards to rangers players(unless the same guy was involved in both) and failing to award Hearts a clear penalty, the ref had a pretty good game.

12 minutes ago, Homme said:

Win (or even draw?) next Saturday and we will go top for a day before Rangers take on St Mirren.

Think St mirren have won 4 in a row as well 

willie wallace
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Has anyone seen the Gino offside on repeat again? He looks inside by a mile. Boyce was marginal.

Rangers had two int he second half which both looked offside but not given.

As Robbie says….

I don't think the linesman on our side put the flag up at all in the first half.

He made up for it in the second half though.

I'm still sitting here chuffed to bits with that point. I've not even had a beer tonight 'cos I'm away early tomorrow to the hills, but I'll be having a couple and watching the highlights again when I get back. We just didn't give up, Hearts teams of the past would've just given in and let them run over us, but we showed guts and determination, despite being far from our best. That's a very satisfying point, well done again Hearts.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Screenshot_20211016-183454_Samsung Internet.jpg

Until it got past Halketts head when he had already moved, I’m sure the big fella will think he should’ve stopped it, Souttar certainly did. As did a few pundits. 

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Not seen the handball from today yet, but that's Mwell been done twice against the old firm this season. Rangers goal against them was offside, or to put it another way that's both old firm had a helping hand each already this season. 

Definitely, they should’ve had a penalty also in that game. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Until it got past Halketts head when he had already moved, I’m sure the big fella will think he should’ve stopped it, Souttar certainly did. As did a few pundits. 

So you admit he was unsighted then. Glad we have cleared that up.

5 hours ago, Homme said:

No way was that a penalty when Boyce went down.

Very similar to Devlin going down against Motherwell.    I thought the Rangers player played the man, not the ball and gave the ref a question to answer but it would have been soft for sure.  That said,  outside of the box it’s probably given as a foul more often than not so technically…?  Not as black and white as you suggest though in my view. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

So you admit he was unsighted then. Glad we have cleared that up.

Indeed he was, for a microsecond. 

Maroon shirts

White shorts

White socks

Nice 😊

Edited by Thomaso

Todays result is what its all about for the rest of Scottish football..

So many teams go to Glasgow and write it off as 3 points they weren't going to get.

We've grabbed an incredibly late equaliser. At Ibrox. 

That hasn't happened an awful lot in my lifetime. 

Title talk? Not for me.. 

Top 4 and a european spot? ooohhh.. maybe... 

Absolute Scenes

On YouTube highlights when we score just look at how Beni celebrates with the fans. He truly is Hearts ❤️

Around 7:45 onwards 

Edited by Absolute Scenes
Forgot video

Just back into auld reekie. Soaked wet through. Liking this hearts team big time.

Another insightful analysis to follow tomorrow. 

Gorgie rules 

1 minute ago, muldoon74 said:

That's not even a decision to be made!

It was TRFC, it was Ibrox, it was an “honest mistake”. What don’t you guys understand? 😖

mickycameron98

The key to Hearts is wee Beni. An absolute gem. What a start to the season, a real feel good factor has returned to the famous hearts! Bring on Dundee!

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye they would. 

I'd pass that. 

😜

Aye, but you'd have probably put the ball behind Boyce

😉

6 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

And we did.

Earlier on this thread I suggested it could come down to McGregor v Gordon.

And it did,

We need to get him signed up now

Just wanted to post a heads up. Showed symptoms after the game. Row c seat 42 area. Tested positive when I got home an hour ago for a lateral flow. Figured it best to make anyone aware in that area so they can double check. Had tested negative on Wednesday annoyingly when the missus had symptoms so thought all was rosy. 

portobellojambo1

Not read through the thread so not sure if I may be repeating something which has already been said. At the final whistle to say I was very pleased with the point we got is an understatement. Maybe I then adopted the wrong chain of thought on the bus home but all I could realy think about was whether or not we could have come away with all 3 points if we had played in the same manner for longer in the game rather than just producing the goods in the last half an hour, when we were so far on top. In hindsight you can never tell how Rangers would have played if we had been on a more forward footing for longer, we may have won, there again we may have lost, and it isn't possible to be disappointed with a point today.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Aye, but you'd have probably put the ball behind Boyce

😉

aye, but who else was there?

There was 2 of them waiting for it!

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Just wanted to post a heads up. Showed symptoms after the game. Row c seat 42 area. Tested positive when I got home an hour ago for a lateral flow. Figured it best to make anyone aware in that area so they can double check. Had tested negative on Wednesday annoyingly when the missus had symptoms so thought all was rosy. 

Maybe tell the club also, get well

soon 👍🏽

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Not read through the thread so not sure if I may be repeating something which has already been said. At the final whistle to say I was very pleased with the point we got is an understatement. Maybe I then adopted the wrong chain of thought on the bus home but all I could realy think about was whether or not we could have come away with all 3 points if we had played in the same manner for longer in the game rather than just producing the goods in the last half an hour, when we were so far on top. In hindsight you can never tell how Rangers would have played if we had been on a more forward footing for longer, we may have won, there again we may have lost, and it isn't possible to be disappointed with a point today.

Spot on. 

1 hour ago, mickycameron98 said:

The key to Hearts is wee Beni. An absolute gem. What a start to the season, a real feel good factor has returned to the famous hearts! Bring on Dundee!

Really looking forward to the Dundee game - Nelms, McJakey, Thumb, Fat Adam - let’s hammer them!

2 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

That is the exact same tackle that Porteus got sent off for last week. Almost identical 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

For ma it was a booking.

It was a bad touch then reaction. 

It wasn't that bad.

The problem is that if that was the other way it would have been red.

That picture is misleading, it wasn't a tackle it was an attempt at a second touch.

Still pictures do not show that.

A booking for me.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

That is the exact same tackle that Porteus got sent off for last week. Almost identical 

No it wasn't.

Not even near the same .

3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

No. But one plays for a dirty horrible disgusting team, and the other...

Wait a second. You're right. Exactly the same in both cases.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

No it wasn't.

Not even near the same .

If you look at the two stills, they are identical. Over the ball and a straight leg

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Really looking forward to the Dundee game - Nelms, McJakey, Thumb, Fat Adam - let’s hammer them!

Another 6-2 would be lovely 😍 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

If you look at the two stills, they are identical. Over the ball and a straight leg

I watched them in motion, not the same.

I think the refs got he decisions  correct.

The problem is that had the teams been reversed it would have been different.

2 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

Aaron's vlog from today, enjoy

I find him a tad annoying to be honest. Apologies for that. Fair play for trying but it's not great. 

23 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

I find him a tad annoying to be honest. Apologies for that. Fair play for trying but it's not great. 

Everyone awaits your no doubt brilliant match day vlog. Go on, nowt stopping you. Show us how it should be done. 👍

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Everyone awaits your no doubt brilliant match day vlog. Go on, nowt stopping you. Show us how it should be done. 👍

:yas:

well said.

32 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Just an opinion mate. I think plenty bands are shit, doesn't mean I could do better. I assume you rate every film, TV show, film you have ever seen? 

Edited by Scott Leitch

8 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Fair Point FT

That result will have just wrecked his weekend In Blackpool 

GIRUY 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Surely being in Blackpool would be enough to wreck anyone's weekend? 😃

13 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Just an opinion mate. I think plenty bnads are shit, doesn't mean I could do better. I assume you rate every film, TV show, film you have ever seen? 

Put it this way: Mark Kermode has nothing to fear from your insightful critical nous.

Oh, and just what on earth are 'bnads'?

All you did was cast aspertions towards a young man who goes out and does it; and without even a hint of what it is about his efforts that makes them 'not great' or what it is you find personally 'annoying' about someone who has consistently garnered praise and was up for an award for his efforts.

Yes, I always 'rate' any arty thing that I ever see. Most people do. But, unlike you, I don't resort to simply slagging them off if I find them less than perfect.