***Official Rangers vs Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

William H. Bonney

Tynecastlesmychurch
57 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The thing is why are Rangers up for it and we appear not to be ??

Don't think it was a case of us not being up for it buddy! Just think it was a case of rangers being at home in a big game with a clear chance to go 4 points clear! Well that's my take on it anyway!

Anyway second half was much better, not perfect or out of this world good! But defiantly much better. We stay unbeaten! Only one point of top! Ohh and hibs lose 3-0 at home! This makes my nightshift tonight much easier! 

Ahh not a bad day at the office! Enjoy your weekend buddy! :flag1:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• CloustonHMFC

1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Lots of shit the bed comments in the first half but I honestly don't think that's what happened. We tried to play our game but Rangers came put the box hard and fast to put us to sword early and we couldn't touch them. They tired and we imposed our game more. A very well ground out result, delighted with the outcome.

That's exactly how the game unfolded.

In the end they relied on a wonder goal to score 

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Very good result on paper. 

couple of things, Beni needs to learn how to pass forward and John souttar either needs to sign on or piss off. Moore shouldn’t have been dropped. 

barrie McKay is a brilliant signing. Just wish he’d passed for that chance, but he is a classy wee player,

My gripe for today was Boyce, twice!

1) when McGregor spilled the shot and Boyce was too busy being petulant about not getting a pass to follow up, he was actually skipping around facing the wrong way!

2) when he found himself at left back and didn't even attempt to follow his man in, should have cost us a goal!

1st half we just have to admit they played well, we tried/ worked hard!

2nd half they ran out of ideas due to our good play and pressing and we deserved the goal!

Well done chaps!

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I know.

Dominating a full game for 90 minutes at Ibrox is the minimum we should expect.

EVERY GAME.

I’d usually come back with a smart reply but I won’t cos I’m too happy right now.

Enjoy your night 👍

9 minutes ago, Snedds76 said:

Some amount of clowns have made a **** of themselves on this thread today 🤡🤣

Thing is, they do it regularly and never learn. 

There has been a lot of shite on this thread today tbh - maybe criticism in the first half was merited to a degree but there won’t be many sides that will go to Ibrokes this season and take points. It’s what the result will do for us confidence wise as well 

Rankers had several good chances but in the 2nd half so did we. Mackay did brilliantly to skin 4 of their defenders - just needed to square the ball and we would have equalised earlier 

Still unbeaten in the league. The only side to remain so. Onwards and upwards from here. This team has something different about them, that’s for certain - can’t believe I am saying this after last season but it’s like night and day watching a new team 

A good hard fought point for the Famous, Rangers pressed from the off and they where never going to keep it up for 90 mins. It was not pretty at times and we hung in there. They started to tire around the hour mark and i thought we really took advantage and pushed them back 10-15 yards which made a hell of a difference and lead to us getting a deserved equaliser in the last minute. Lovely stuff Hearts.

Well done lads.

FTH

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye. Ah was thinking the same thing when it went in. What a shite goal. We should be ashamed to accept it

💤 You know exactly what I mean. Pedant. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rangers press in first 60 was so intense that they just basically ran out of steam. That’s how we got back into it. Thought Rangers were excellent for 60 minutes to be honest. At times they were pressing us with a 3-6-1 lineup. Our midfield was struggling against that. Fair play to them though they stuck it out and ended up running the game at the end despite the yellows they were on. 

I don't get this 60mins.

I thought we came out and competed well 46-60mins, getting a lot more of the ball than the awful first 45mins and setting the tone for the rest of the half.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

****ing miles different to Porteous’s challenge. I think yellow still but can see why some think it could have been a red. Porteous’s was as blatant a red as you get. Equating them is mental

Calm down and take the tablets!

I thought Robbie managed the game in the second half very well.  Nothing he could really do about the first half. We just played the best team in the country playing there best this season and came away with a point. A great psychological edge for playing them at home. Robbie getting himself sent off was obviously a ploy.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Jambo61 said:

My gripe for today was Boyce, twice!

1) when McGregor spilled the shot and Boyce was too busy being petulant about not getting a pass to follow up, he was actually skipping around facing the wrong way!

2) when he found himself at left back and didn't even attempt to follow his man in, should have cost us a goal!

1st half we just have to admit they played well, we tried/ worked hard!

2nd half they ran out of ideas due to our good play and pressing and we deserved the goal!

Well done chaps!

Agreed. I don’t think we l,Ayer badly first half it’s just that rangers played so well. Aribo is an unreal player. 
yeah that Boyce tantrum did my head in, however id be the same - MacKay did so well to get through but should have squared it and we’d be going home with three points. But a point there is very very good

4 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Well said Frank.  I am going to blast out Vamos just for you (and me).

Enjoy. 👍

No danger is that boy Hearts.

3 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Thought he was shite tbh. Will get sent off alit with his cheeky attitude 

Why don’t you just GTF with your shite and blatant trolling. 

Hearts supporter my arse 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Homme said:

No way was that a penalty when Boyce went down.

Apart from Devlin got a foul against him in midfield for a collision that had less impact.

We just want consistency - right?

Captain Sausage

Massive improvement in the last 30 minutes. McKay and Boyce both unlucky not to score (Boyce bizarrely called back for offside). 

Rangers should’ve had 2 reds after that bellend grabbed Kingsley’s throat to add to Aribo in the first half. 

Rangers had the better chances, but I don’t think anyone can really complain about a point apiece. Well done lads, particularly Halkett and Gordon. On to Dundee!

18 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Boo.  .net in lockdoon.  Shouldn't be surprised.  Fire drills are always followed by lockdoons.

Went in lockdown after first goal 😂👍🏻

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If these ****ers don't score again we're gonna mouth rape them at the end. 

:greggy:

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Thing is, they do it regularly and never learn. 

Indeed , look forward to the infestation later too to try and gloss over their 3-0 pumping and tell us how shite we are.

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Only about 2 or 3 saves and 1 he should have saved? Plus Morelos couldn’t hit a barn door today. Not for me. Devlin or Halkett imo. Devlins fight was just brilliant. The Rangers midfield ran out of gas, he had plenty left in the tank last 30 mins, that’s what turned the match in our favour IMO. A well deserved point and good result. 

That's the thing, we are spoiled by Craig Gordon that his good saves (thought he had 3 today) are written off as run of the mill.😁 His saves (good or run of the mill) kept us in the game fir Halketts goal to count. Devlin did well but thought Baningime being involved more changed game in our favour second half.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

McGregor made more great saves than Gordon today. 

Aye especially from that corner in  the 90th minute eh ? 

6 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Lots of shit the bed comments in the first half but I honestly don't think that's what happened. We tried to play our game but Rangers came put the box hard and fast to put us to sword early and we couldn't touch them. They tired and we imposed our game more. A very well ground out result, delighted with the outcome.

We were off the pace in the first half and they passed it well. I don’t think we shat it, we were just poor. Goal came from Cochrane slouching over to cover a wide man when he should have got closer and not backed off. Can stop that sort of finish though.

Second half they just stopped playing at tempo, we started to find space and passes were hitting feet, by the end we were the better team. Subs were good Robbie. Actually well done Robbie. Not exactly a tactical master class but read what was happening and made brave substitutions. I though Gnando was immense when he came on. Made such a difference as nothing had stuck to Boyce all day

Edited by JimmyCant

This Hearts side are something else man. A totally different game to the usual trips through to Glasgow where it’s just a waiting game until they score. They had chances early on but it always felt like we had enough to deal with it and we absolutely deserved to leave the game with a point. Beni, Mckay and woodburn and Devlin would not look out of place in that Rangers team. I ****ing love it.

julienbrellier

A number if posters seem to have disappeared….wonder why, for those looking on 👋 👋 👋, how did you get on today??????? :rofl:

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

McGregor made more great saves than Gordon today. 

💯 3 at least , Gordon made a cracker from Roofe who seemed about a decade offside and I cant remember another

2 minutes ago, jdl2002 said:

Totally agree Tom 👍

RN said during the week that they tried to sign technical players ahead of physical players. You could see the physicality of the Rangers team in the first half but I thought our technical players came to the fore in the last quarter. Any Hearts fan that doubts Halket ever again should be sent over to Easter Road to watch Porteous. Man was immense today. Dare I say he looked like a young Berra. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

It wasnt a penalty either. Robertson gave a few soft fouls and the lino second half was a disgrace but on the whole the ref was fair

Stick on penalty 😜
Some dodgy offside calls all day by both Ass Refs, probably as fair as we are every likely to get there. 

We weren’t bad first half Rangers we’re just very good. High tempo and moved the ball excellently. Second half we were superb. Very proud Jambo! Enjoy your nights fellow Jambos 🍺👍

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Oh look our favourite troll has come to play. How was Devlin shite?

Tell me what he done then? 
Foul after foul. Any forward passes that created and chances? 
yes runs about a lot but that’s about it 

15 minutes ago, Wee Hammy said:

Great truly and much better second half performance. Apologies if discussed earlier but watching on Hesgoal and Aribo’ s yellow looked like a straight red ?

Definitely.

What a game. We never really got going until mid way through the second half, but a draw at ibrox and unbeaten 9 games in I’ll take all day.

Cant imagine what this will do for the teams confidence.

Still very early days in the season, but BELIEVE!

6 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Thought he was shite tbh. Will get sent off alit with his cheeky attitude 

Hes got attitude all right and well as tenacious and skill. He what we’ve been needing, 

10 minutes ago, James1874f said:

Good post how I seen it aswell 

was the starting 11 most wanted.

Definitely and tbf they did play well 1st half. We couldn’t get close enough to them. That changed in the 2nd half though and the game is played over 90mins. 

As said, there won’t be many teams, if any, who will take points through there this season 👍

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

💯 3 at least , Gordon made a cracker from Roofe who seemed about a decade offside and I cant remember another

The triple save at the corner??

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

BBC with hibs 3rd in the league, clowns.

Third but two points behind Utd 🤣 sounds normal for the BBC

Only saw the last 10 mins but it’s been a long time since I’ve seen a Hearts team pen the huns in their own half at ibrox at the end of a game. Well done lads, keep it going!

1 minute ago, sadj said:

A decade.  Superb.

Hope our 916 supporters get away unscathed.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Gambo said:

That's the thing, we are spoiled by Craig Gordon that his good saves (thought he had 3 today) are written off as run of the mill.😁 His saves (good or run of the mill) kept us in the game fir Halketts goal to count. Devlin did well but thought Baningime being involved more changed game in our favour second half.

Yes but it wasn’t as though it was 10+ saves goalkeeper MoM tho. The boys in front of Gordon deserve more of the credit. For me anyway. Big CG is always important 👍