***Official Rangers vs Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

William H. Bonney

1 minute ago, Homme said:

A game lasts 90 minutes. Some folk might do well to remember that at half time.

A well deserved point in the end.

A game also involves two teams...something else others forget.

Really good result. And much deserved after that 2nd half.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• CloustonHMFC

55 minutes ago, ramrod said:

If some of these posters are Jambo it's beyond embarrassing. 

I get they want the best for the club but **** me, when Rangers are up for it and playing like this at home with their quality we are bang up against it .

Still feel feel there is a goal in this for us tbh 

Totally agree with you, I've seen plenty of tepid performances at ibrox over the years but this isn't one, simple fact is we're playing a better team but still in the game which hasn't been the case over the years. 

The Future's Maroon

First half all Rangers and our usual type of performance through there and they deserved their lead at HT.

2nd half much much better and more attacking intent…didn’t think it was coming but wow what a time to score and silence these mutants.

Well done Robbie and the team, that show character and guts….buzzing.

Not sure whose tears will be sweeter

The rangers fans....or the Hearts fans telling us that we had to have a go even if it meant losing

Backs to the wall, statistically took a hammering 

Got the point

Well done Robbie

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

How did the bbc darling Jack Ross and his flaremeisters get on ??

Still looking for the ball.😂😂😂

I'll eat humble pie 🥧. First half players looked like they were wearing diver's boots. Too slow in everything but 2nd half showed belief. Delighted for the players and the Gorgie loyal who went through. HHGH

Francis Albert

Takes me back to Tommy Murray sitting on the ball and crossing for Donald Ford to nod in to silence Ibrox after Rangers had totally dominated the game  as much as they did for most of today.

Just now, Herbert said:

I dunno what I'm happier about, the hard fought point or finally turning off rangers TV. Clive was doing my head in.

I wish someone would tell his buffoonish partner that the word 'quality' has a 't' in it.

8 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Well at least we have up our game. 

Been better since our head coach sent to stand 😂 (only joking SRB)

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

As I said earlier Robbie was right to go ape over the hand in the throat. Officials not up to the job as per. 

100% Got a red card for showing some passion. He's alright by me. 

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

A game also involves two teams...something else others forget.

Really good result. And much deserved after that 2nd half.

Yep, I said as much at half time as well.

Rangers were fantastic first half and didn't allow us to do anything. 

Ex member of the SaS

Fantastic game and well played every single one of our players. Should have had a penalty when Boyce was bundled over in the first half but will take a draw through there every day of the week.

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Boo.  .net in lockdoon.  Shouldn't be surprised.  Fire drills are always followed by lockdoons.

Went into lockdown when United got their second. Lovely.

Pasquale for King

Good last half hour, showed we can compete. They play good stuff but only had a few decent chances. 
Their defence is awful, not nearly as good as folk make out. 
Still think we can challenge them and stay ahead of their pals. 

Well done in the end, CG as always kept the score reasonable.

In all fairness we should have been buried, but that's football.

1 point @ castle greyskull will do me, Just think though, if we started with the same intentions as the last 15min the final result may have been more favourable..

Let's all laugh @ the hobitts, hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha, hibs'd it and it' only October....

Tom Hardy’s Dug

So anyone having vaguely any perspective about the game today will see a game where Rangers were on top form in the first half but Hearts held on, kept on trying to play football and not just punt the ball away and that we were the stronger and better team as the game moved on getting a deserved equaliser.

A team like Rangers will always dominate possession and chances at home. Anyone using stats against Hearts today are at it.

Should have had a pen.

McKay shat it to set up a tap in.

Gordon had a couple of saves? Yep. What do we expect?

Deserved draw IMO

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

A lot better second half.

That second half performance makes a complete mockery of those posters who were posting salivating about how great a team Rangers were.

Well earned and deserved draw.

Post mortem must take place about that first half performance though.

Wasn’t actually even that bad to be honest, a lot of people believing the clyve tildsley biased commentary but Rangers only had 2-3 chances really. Too much space in the midfield and they dominated, but Beni and Devlin grew into it. For me Devlin MoM even though the garbage commentators were trying to paint him as a thug. He proved his point thoroughly what a lad. And Halks take a bow probably the other shout for MoM 

Don't care how ugly it was, this was a good result.

See all this "can we not just have a go at them" and "why do we sit off them" chat; away and shite wi all that. They would catch us on the break every time if we went all out attack and probably pump us 3 or 4 nil. The way to get a result along the M8 is to dig in, frustrate them, and catch *them* on the break or hope for a set piece. 

Well done Robbie. Showed you know better than all these armchair fans who just want us to go all out attack. 

Great truly and much better second half performance. Apologies if discussed earlier but watching on Hesgoal and Aribo’ s yellow looked like a straight red ?

2 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Any footage of goal?,

Shitey goal, corner, McGregor goes to punch it, skiffs off his gloves to the back post and Halkett was there to header it in. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

As I said at half time a pretty even game. 

Both teams had chances. A draw a fair result.

Great tactics from the manager. Attacking substitution paid off.

Still unbeaten. Hope that result will give the players real belief.

Great tactics win games, we played for a point and got one. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, NLTFTh said:

Well done in the end, CG as always kept the score reasonable.

In all fairness we should have been buried, but that's football.

1 point @ castle greyskull will do me, Just think though, if we started with the same intentions as the last 15min the final result may have been more favourable..

Let's all laugh @ the hobitts, hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha, hibs'd it and it' only October....

How many great saves did Gordon have? I counted 1 great save. 2 or 3 that most SPL keepers would make. 

Brilliant 2nd half. Never gave up. Will take that result any day of the week. Lbh that was probably the best 1st half Rankers has played this season.

we didn’t sit in first half, just naturally ended up being pegged back. 2nd half we were pressing the ball much more and definitely deserved to take something from the game.

No inferiority complex from our lads going there and we turned the game 2nd half. Well chuffed with that result overall. 

2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

YAAAS get in!!

Hope the usual suspects are away wringing out their pants. Still unbeaten. Get in Hearts. 

I am not one of the panty-wetters, but I wet my pants when we equalised. . .  I spunked them! YEEEHAH!   :)

3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

How did the bbc darling Jack Ross and his flaremeisters get on ??

Won 17-0 against the best team in the country I heard

Very pleasing second half. Great fight from the lads. Nothing better than a 90th minute goal through there! #HHGH

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Don't care how ugly it was, this was a good result.

See all this "can we not just have a go at them" and "why do we sit off them" chat; away and shite wi all that. They would catch us on the break every time if we went all out attack and probably pump us 3 or 4 nil. The way to get a result along the M8 is to dig in, frustrate them, and catch *them* on the break or hope for a set piece. 

Well done Robbie. Showed you know better than all these armchair fans who just want us to go all out attack. 

Wasn’t that ugly IMO

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Lots of knobs posting on this that haven’t been seen recently. 
We can see you. 

And with the equaliser they slope off back to where they were hiding. 

Better call Saul
Just now, Cruyff said:

Shitey goal, corner, McGregor goes to punch it, skiffs off his gloves to the back post and Halkett was there to header it in. 

Thanks man ...too busy Working

to  have watched the game.

5 minutes ago, Homme said:

A game lasts 90 minutes. Some folk might do well to remember that at half time.

A well deserved point in the end.

Half time!? Folk were giving all this shite chat 10mins in mate. 

In summary

Rangers played at 100mph in the first half and we couldn’t get near them

second half was more of the same until they ran out of puff

Dodgy officiating as ever in Ibrox 

Robbie goes bananas on the touch line and gets sent off

We snatch and grab an equaliser 

Undefeated after 9 games 

Hibs lose 3 nil at home 

Dundee next at home who haven’t won yet …. 😬

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Wasn’t actually even that bad to be honest, a lot of people believing the clyve tildsley biased commentary but Rangers only had 2-3 chances really. Too much space in the midfield and they dominated, but Beni and Devlin grew into it. For me Devlin MoM even though the garbage commentators were trying to paint him as a thug. He proved his point thoroughly what a lad. And Halks take a bow probably the other shout for MoM 

Gordon MOTM by Country mile. 

Outstanding outcome. We weren’t really at the races for about an hour but were the better team for the last 30 minutes. If we had decent delivery into the box from the flanks we could have caused even more damage, but psychologically that’s a great point for us.

The goalkeeping mistake by the thug was a pleasure to behold. And how shit is Morelos?

Would have taken a draw pre match. We'll pump them at Tynie. 

Hibs getting gubbed is an added bonus. 

5 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Halkett totally immense today. Kinda disappointed the RTV commentary on my dodgy stream was much more objective than normal. What's happened to Tom and Alex Rae.

I switched over to huns TV at the end and Alex Rae was very fair in his summing up

Tom Hardy’s Dug

By the way - why on earth can a team with all the resources of Rangers sit back, defend and allow a team like Hearts to dominate for any time period towards the end of a game?

4 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Look what happens when you show some ambition. Fair play to Robbie having a go at 70 mins. 

You have clearly never played football in your life. 

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

How many great saves did Gordon have? I counted 1 great save. 2 or 3 that most SPL keepers would make. 

Sit down pal

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Wasn’t that ugly IMO

Good! I never saw the game it was just a general statement about how I don't care how we get a result along the M8. 

👍🏻