***Official Rangers vs Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

William H. Bonney

4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Put it this way: Mark Kermode has nothing to fear from your insightful critical nous.

Oh, and just what on earth are 'bnads'?

All you did was cast aspertions towards a young man who goes out and does it; and without even a hint of what it is about his efforts that makes them 'not great' or what it is you find personally 'annoying' about someone who has consistently garnered praise and was up for an award for his efforts.

Yes, I always 'rate' any arty thing that I ever see. Most people do. But, unlike you, I don't resort to simply slagging them off if I find them less than perfect.

Fair play to the lad. I'm sure he doesn't care what I think or you for that matter. Hope he keeps at it if that's his thing. 

Cheers. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• CloustonHMFC

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

That is the exact same tackle that Porteus got sent off for last week. Almost identical 

If its the exact same tackle, then it's identical not almost?

7 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Defo

Very pleased for Craig Halkett, gets unnecessary stick at times I feel. He is a very committed player and very good today. A bit more encouragement would go a long way. Well done all.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

For ma it was a booking.

It was a bad touch then reaction. 

It wasn't that bad.

The problem is that if that was the other way it would have been red.

That picture is misleading, it wasn't a tackle it was an attempt at a second touch.

Still pictures do not show that.

A booking for me.

You should contact the SFA. You're exactly what they're looking for. 🤝 Mind how it's done. 😉

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

If its the exact same tackle, then it's identical not almost?

It can't be identical, It's different players.

48 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Didn't show the bad tackle. 

And I had no idea Clive Tyldesley was a Rangers ***** .

Maroon Sailor
41 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Didn't show the bad tackle. 

And I had no idea Clive Tyldesley was a Rangers ***** .

Tyldesley is just **** full stop

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Tyldesley is just **** full stop

Does he still do the English and England games?

Maroon Sailor
Just now, ri Alban said:

Does he still do the English and England games?

They got rid off him and he did some cry baby video about it feeling sorry for himself

He was always looking for his personal " They think it's all over " line 

Absolute tosspot

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

They got rid off him and he did some cry baby video about it feeling sorry for himself

Absolute tosspot

That tit from Talksport Dunbar is a Rangers man anaw . Weird.

A guy getting slated just for having the 'wrong' opinion.

:gok:

Sums up not only this place but social media and modern society in general. I bet those shooting him down see themselves as very tolerant people.

The young lad who does the vlogs seems a gem of a young laddie and his dad who I believe posts them on here should be very proud. That been said nothing personal to these vlogs I find vlogs in general just awful. 

Edited by i8hibsh

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Absolute tosspot

I reckon the chances of him giving a shit about an SPL game before this were absolutely zero. 

Maroon Sailor
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I reckon the chances of him giving a shit about an SPL game before this were absolutely zero. 

I would agree with that

Must kill him not having the chance to talk about England all the time like he did when he commentated on EPL games

Noticed a lot has been made about the amount of shots they had yesterday. Gerrard said in his interview they made over 20 chances. **** off. You had 27 shots on goal and about 23 of them were absolutely pap. McGregor had more big saves than Gordon. Twat.

7 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

Just an opinion mate. I think plenty bands are shit, doesn't mean I could do better. I assume you rate every film, TV show, film you have ever seen? 

Just walk on by then 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

A guy getting slated just for having the 'wrong' opinion.

:gok:

Sums up not only this place but social media and modern society in general. I bet those shooting him down see themselves as very tolerant people.

The young lad who does the vlogs seems a gem of a young laddie and his dad who I believe posts them on here should be very proud. That been said nothing personal to these vlogs I find vlogs in general just awful. 

Folk are entitled to their opinion. Not a fan of match day vlogs either. But sometimes it's a case of 'if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything' 

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Noticed a lot has been made about the amount of shots they had yesterday. Gerrard said in his interview they made over 20 chances. **** off. You had 27 shots on goal and about 23 of them were absolutely pap. McGregor had more big saves than Gordon. Twat.

Hel be gone shortly,,,,

CornhillHearts
9 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

I find him a tad annoying to be honest. Apologies for that. Fair play for trying but it's not great. 

You’re entitled to your opinion, no issue from me on that.

No doubt there are things we all find “annoying” about others, he’s had plenty stick online from folk, usually something really original like him wearing specks or having spots or suchlike.

Being a Hearts fan from Leith comes with it’s challenges but he’s thankfully not had many issues, as I think he comes across as pretty balanced in his content and when people actually meet him realise what a great lad he is.

There are areas he could do better in, which he continues to work on, (he’s just started a degree in journalism) and believe me I’m his biggest fan but also his biggest critic, but I often have to remind myself when I’m giving him feedback that he’s the one making the content, mistakes and all, and is constantly evolving.

The only thing I would say is there are plenty people who would disagree with your opinion.

I think he’s doing ok.

1 minute ago, CornhillHearts said:

No doubt there are things we all find “annoying” about others, he’s had plenty stick online from folk, usually something really original like him wearing specks or having spots or suchlike.

Being a Hearts fan from Leith comes with it’s challenges but he’s thankfully not had many issues, as I think he comes across as pretty balanced in his content and when people actually meet him realise what a great lad he is.

There are areas he could do better in, which he continues to work on, (he’s just started a degree in journalism) and believe me I’m his biggest fan but also his biggest critic, but I often have to remind myself when I’m giving him feedback that he’s the one making the content, mistakes and all, and is constantly evolving.

The only thing I would say is there are plenty people who would disagree with your opinion.

I think he’s doing ok.

That's fair enough. I apologise for my comments. Wish the lad well.

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

I think he’s doing ok.

He won't have to up his game much to be better than some of the journalists/ broadcasters around now.

In a week when we lost the great Renton Laidlaw we'll never seen the likes of him again.

The media is a saturated market now but that means lots of opportunities for Aaron to make a decent career out of it.

At the time I didn't think the Boyce incident was a pen. The more I see it the more I think it should have been. May have been soft, but definitely falls into the 'seen them given' category.

15 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

I think he’s doing ok.

He's a good lad, and if he wants it he can go far. Part of that will be learning to have a thick skin - you'll probably struggle with that more than him!

Give him a Good on you wee man from me

19 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

I think he’s doing ok.

I think your boy talks very well for one so young and will no doubt go on to be a fantastic journo.

23 minutes ago, CornhillHearts said:

I think he’s doing ok.

Had a very drunken chat with him on a the train home from Glasgow after The Snuts gig a few weeks back. Lovely lad.

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It can't be identical, It's different players.

Who mentioned players I was referring to the exact same tackle.

Look at the Rangers TV highlights.

See what the referee gave as a foul against Boyce in Sevco's box in the second half, compared to what he ignored against Boyce in the Sevco box in the first half.

58 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Hel be gone shortly,,,,

Some of the troglodytes think he’ll go to Newcastle!!! 😀😀😀😀

17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's a good lad, and if he wants it he can go far. Part of that will be learning to have a thick skin - you'll probably struggle with that more than him!

Give him a Good on you wee man from me

And me. Always enjoy his stuff

Maroon Sailor
22 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

At the time I didn't think the Boyce incident was a pen. The more I see it the more I think it should have been. May have been soft, but definitely falls into the 'seen them given' category.

"Seen them given" in Govan only applies to the team in blue

jack D and coke
13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed he was, for a microsecond. 

I’ve seen Craig save shots like that in his sleep. I’m sure he’s annoyed about it. 

9 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Surely being in Blackpool would be enough to wreck anyone's weekend? 😃

He’s in denial.  All he can say is “we are still top”

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Didn't want to start another thread but the Scotsman paper has us six articles down ,even after Hibs stopping programmes!

https://www.scotsman.com/

Ps In the sport section!

Pathetic isn’t it! Top game of the day but not the result they liked!

1 hour ago, CornhillHearts said:

I think he’s doing ok.

I enjoy the videos. He does a great job.

1 hour ago, CornhillHearts said:

I think he’s doing ok.

Good on the lad. He's already creating content and has recently started a degree in Jornalism. That's commitment for you and will see him through well in life. If he was studying medicine and offereing his free time to a hospice, people would'nt be so quick to criticise and indeed would be pretty encouraging no doubt. But because his chosen vocation is media, people think it's a free hit.

If I can offer one bit of criticism, I would say to keep the 'blurry' sections of video out. I realise it was the hearts goal that was kept in (think there was another bit too), but I don't think people watch these things for the highlights. They watch them for crowd reaction and a bit of analysis from the Vlogger themselves. All in my opinion of course. 

Decent game, but if you don't take your chances you don't win games. Alfredo must have missed half a dozen chances. HMFC deserve credit for having a go. Poor inconsistent refereeing stopped the game flowing, uncharacteristic mistake from McGregor for HMFC goal but overall the Jambos deserved their point.  

Couple of good performances : Souttar reading of the game was immense, positioning was fantastic .

Beni had a quiet game but came into it in the last 15 mins, had some lovely touches and very composed on the ball.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

You should contact the SFA. You're exactly what they're looking for. 🤝 Mind how it's done. 😉

Just honest. 

Not the same at all imo. 

The hibs lad was a red. 100%. It was a planned tackle, ridiculous. 

The ranger lad taken a bad touch then reacted to get the ball back. 

My problem isn't that they were wrong, my problem is that if it was reversed it would have been different, but that's a separate  point. 

The decisions were correct imo. 

Hackney Hearts
18 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Massively frustrating he didn’t square it but I suppose when you have a wee run like that he’s maybe entitled to having a pop. Ironically I’d thought he was out most composed player until that shot on goal. That was just a mindless effort, close your eyes and hit it…a little composure there and he scores or gives Boyce the tap in. 

I think in 1978 Archie Gemmill had the option to square the ball (to 3 Scotland players?!) for a tap in, but luckily he finished classily by lifting the ball over the keeper. That's all McKay had to do, give it a bit of height.

19 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Maybe if we get 15 penalties.  Starting to think we need better for a top 3/4 team, hope I’m wrong. 

Happy with today though, 2nd half was night and day compared to 1st half.  1st half was a mixture of Rangers playing well and us being shite / negative.  Delighted that it was a McGregor howler as well that gifted us the point after Kevin Thomson bumming him up as the “best ever bar none”.  Think you’ll find he was playing at the other end, Kevin you prick.  He sounded like he wanted a square go with Devin at one point too - “wish I had as many lives as him” at one point re his lack of yellow card. 

And how can a non Rangers man like Clive Tyldsley be so ****ing biased?!

He's half way to 20 goals for the season already.  Your comment is absolutely ludicrous. 

Oh, and Tyldesley is biased because sevco are paying him to be. Not sure how you found that difficult to work out!

3 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

I think he’s doing ok.

He's doing great. Getting to the finals of that award shows that IMO. Its good he's kept at it, I think when someone has a unique hobby folk can be total pricks about it, so good on him for sticking with it. It will be interesting seeing how the content evolves over the course of the degree assuming it keeps up.

Best of luck to him :thumbsup:

44 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The more I see of the penalty the more I'm convinced it should have been given.

It’s defo a pen, why some are saying it isn’t is baffling.

3 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

That's fair enough. I apologise for my comments. Wish the lad well.

Don’t worry about it. I thought your “criticism” was pretty bland in fact. As “Cornhill” said, you’re entitled to an opinion.

Either someone is trying to make a point when editing the BBC gossip page or other clubs are really getting genuinely ticked off with the SFA officials favouring the OF.

Also Morelos could've played for the whole weekend and never scored a goal judging by the highlights. Not at the races and looks a bit hefty.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Just honest. 

Not the same at all imo. 

The hibs lad was a red. 100%. It was a planned tackle, ridiculous. 

The ranger lad taken a bad touch then reacted to get the ball back. 

My problem isn't that they were wrong, my problem is that if it was reversed it would have been different, but that's a separate  point. 

The decisions were correct imo. 

Yup, this for me is the big issue. We have kind of learned to expect one rule for them one for us, and its a total nonsense. When precedents are set about the manner of a tackle, referees should be held far more accountable following that. Seems woefully inconsistent and a major problem. I do acknowledge that unlike Porteous Aribo had lost control of the ball so wasn't setting out to 'do' anyone, the problem is that I don't have confidence that had that been Beni or Devlin we would have had the same outcome. Thing is,, Scott Browns entire career was going into tackles with the same mindset that Porteous seems to go into them with and I don't think he's even had 5 domestic red cards.. 

I think when it comes to refereeing appointments, there needs to be genuine effort to create as much impartiality and remove any notion of bias as much as possible. Namely by ensuring there are far more promotions from the other refereeing associations. It seems like all of our so called 'top' referees come from 1 of 4 associations - there are supposed to be 12, but I couldn't tell you the last referee from Aberdeen or Moray. 

I'm not for a second saying that Robertson is a cheat, more like the way cat 1 referees are decided is heavily skewed towards the west coast and there is massive room for improvement here. You just need to look at the abuse Beaton was on the receiving end to realise that unconscious bias will no doubt factor in to how they approach games - no one wants death threats, especially if they live and work in an area dominated by one or two clubs yet that is true of ALL of our top officials...

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yup, this for me is the big issue. We have kind of learned to expect one rule for them one for us, and its a total nonsense. When precedents are set about the manner of a tackle, referees should be held far more accountable following that. Seems woefully inconsistent and a major problem. I do acknowledge that unlike Porteous Aribo had lost control of the ball so wasn't setting out to 'do' anyone, the problem is that I don't have confidence that had that been Beni or Devlin we would have had the same outcome. Thing is,, Scott Browns entire career was going into tackles with the same mindset that Porteous seems to go into them with and I don't think he's even had 5 domestic red cards.. 

I think when it comes to refereeing appointments, there needs to be genuine effort to create as much impartiality and remove any notion of bias as much as possible. Namely by ensuring there are far more promotions from the other refereeing associations. It seems like all of our so called 'top' referees come from 1 of 4 associations - there are supposed to be 12, but I couldn't tell you the last referee from Aberdeen or Moray. 

I'm not for a second saying that Robertson is a cheat, more like the way cat 1 referees are decided is heavily skewed towards the west coast and there is massive room for improvement here. You just need to look at the abuse Beaton was on the receiving end to realise that unconscious bias will no doubt factor in to how they approach games - no one wants death threats, especially if they live and work in an area dominated by one or two clubs yet that is true of ALL of our top officials...

Only reason OF complain loudly is to demonstrate to their fans that they are unhappy. It is what happens behind closed doors that would be interesting to know. There is no doubt that the OF clubs have no need whatsoever to berate officials publicly. They have access and the ear of the SFA. I strongly suspect that both OF have a couple of officials each whom at the least they will never get at home games or the other OF ground, perhaps even not at all...