***Official Rangers vs Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

William H. Bonney

5 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Where is 'forever negative'

Hoping he'll come back

Magnificent stuff, still shaking from shouting

Probably making his way home from the Copland Road end where he normally sits.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• CloustonHMFC

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Shitey goal, corner, McGregor goes to punch it, skiffs off his gloves to the back post and Halkett was there to header it in. 

Nothing shitey about it, 'twas a thing of sheer beauty.

Always said Halkett will play for Scotland even when the numpties on here were constantly slagging him, we have the team we just need to get rid of a certain element in our 'support' and we are flying.

6 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Yassss Hearts!! Great result ! We were poor but we NEVER gave up, plugged away at them, and we DESERVED that goal. Get it up yes all you Hun posters on here. The Heart of Midlothian aren't going away. Love the Jambos!!!!!.

Come on now they done no bad for a 9 year old club🥸

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, DS98 said:

How ****ing good would will

we be when we finally start playing for 90 mins! 😂

I know.

Dominating a full game for 90 minutes at Ibrox is the minimum we should expect.

EVERY GAME.

Delighted to get a point at the end of that seen as the Rangers had enough chances to be out of sight before we scored/ On to the next one undefeated now.

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

A lot better second half.

That second half performance makes a complete mockery of those posters who were posting salivating about how great a team Rangers were.

Well earned and deserved draw.

Post mortem must take place about that first half performance though.

Rangers press in first 60 was so intense that they just basically ran out of steam. That’s how we got back into it. Thought Rangers were excellent for 60 minutes to be honest. At times they were pressing us with a 3-6-1 lineup. Our midfield was struggling against that. Fair play to them though they stuck it out and ended up running the game at the end despite the yellows they were on. 

Pasquale for King

Can we keep using in swinging corners too, no GKs are any good at dealing with them. 
Kevin Thomson like most Hibs ***** when they go to uglies suck their arse and his comment about nobody better than MacGregor certainly stuck in his throat 😆😂

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

I switched over to huns TV at the end and Alex Rae was very fair in his summing up

Maybe he felt jkb needed some balance from the nonsense some spouted

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Brilliant 2nd half. Never gave up. Will take that result any day of the week. Lbh that was probably the best 1st half Rankers has played this season.

we didn’t sit in first half, just naturally ended up being pegged back. 2nd half we were pressing the ball much more and definitely deserved to take something from the game.

No inferiority complex from our lads going there and we turned the game 2nd half. Well chuffed with that result overall. 

Good post how I seen it aswell 

was the starting 11 most wanted.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

Sit down pal

Sorry. You must be gutted. I won’t troll you mate. 

Apologies again.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

In summary

Rangers played at 100mph in the first half and we couldn’t get near them

second half was more of the same until they ran out of puff

Dodgy officiating as ever in Ibrox 

Robbie goes bananas on the touch line and gets sent off

We snatch and grab an equaliser 

Undefeated after 9 games 

Hibs lose 3 nil at home 

Dundee next at home who haven’t won yet …. 😬

This is the danger…

Although another 6-2 would do nicely.

Few embarrassing performances today.

On here 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

15 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

He was ****ing gutted. Just after saying how McGregor would keep us out 🤣

He's just given his match summary. Clearly still gutted and it was all about Rangers throwing it away rather than Hearts showing resilience and not giving up. A prize unprofessional Hun centric tosser of the highest order.

On the game, great to us holding our nerve and not caving in when falling behind away to the OF. A priceless point and what a great start for a newly promoted side. Still the only unbeaten team in the league.

Edited by SwindonJambo

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Half time!? Folk were giving all this shite chat 10mins in mate. 

I only logged on here at half time :lol:

I knew what the chat would be though....some people don't get it / can't see it.

Absolute Scenes

Very good result on paper. 

couple of things, Beni needs to learn how to pass forward and John souttar either needs to sign on or piss off. Moore shouldn’t have been dropped. 

barrie McKay is a brilliant signing. Just wish he’d passed for that chance, but he is a classy wee player,

3 minutes ago, Wee Hammy said:

Great truly and much better second half performance. Apologies if discussed earlier but watching on Hesgoal and Aribo’ s yellow looked like a straight red ?

Aribo no different from Porteous, straight leg out of control, but we'll skip over that no doubt!

Steve boy will have missed that, no doubt!

The Goalscoring Knee

That's us played the rest of the top six and only conceded 2 goals.  That's impressive for a side that's just come back up.

:yas::fth::flag1:

Craig halkett I take everything bad I said about you back! An absolute rock!! Gordon and devlin also immense! Looks like it's a title fight between us and Dundee Hibernian!

1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Come on now they done no bad for a 9 year old club🥸

Aye, true, they're just wee bairns 😄. At least, they play act like bairns.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Happy with a point after that first half performance. Great psychological boost as well.

Also happy to see Gnando get some game time and do well.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Shitey goal, corner, McGregor goes to punch it, skiffs off his gloves to the back post and Halkett was there to header it in. 

Shitey!!

your having a laff 

last minute equals error at castle greyskull 

enjoy the moment everyone 

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Probably making his way home from the Copland Road end where he normally sits.

Well said Frank.  I am going to blast out Vamos just for you (and me).

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Rangers press in first 60 was so intense that they just basically ran out of steam. That’s how we got back into it. Thought Rangers were excellent for 60 minutes to be honest. At times they were pressing us with a 3-6-1 lineup. Our midfield was struggling against that. Fair play to them though they stuck it out and ended up running the game at the end despite the yellows they were on. 

Exactly 

Its like you understand football?

2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

In summary

Rangers played at 100mph in the first half and we couldn’t get near them

second half was more of the same until they ran out of puff

Dodgy officiating as ever in Ibrox 

Robbie goes bananas on the touch line and gets sent off

We snatch and grab an equaliser 

Undefeated after 9 games 

Hibs lose 3 nil at home 

Dundee next at home who haven’t won yet …. 😬

Yes, but I'm hoping they win shortly.  Another element of a near perfect day.

I knew the equaliser was coming, rangers knocked there pan in in the first half and couldn't last the pace the whole match! Hearts up against 11 players a ref and two abysmal lines men , bided our time to score to keep these weegies humble (ha ha)  .

And still undeafeated Heart of Midlothian Football club.

FTH

FT OLD FIRM AND FTSFA

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So anyone having vaguely any perspective about the game today will see a game where Rangers were on top form in the first half but Hearts held on, kept on trying to play football and not just punt the ball away and that we were the stronger and better team as the game moved on getting a deserved equaliser.

A team like Rangers will always dominate possession and chances at home. Anyone using stats against Hearts today are at it.

Should have had a pen.

McKay shat it to set up a tap in.

Gordon had a couple of saves? Yep. What do we expect?

Deserved draw IMO

Totally agree Tom 👍

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I liked the 2nd half. Literally could've killed McKay for not passing.

All in all, a good day's results. 

Gnando made a difference when he came on too, I thought

Yep, always does mate… I really rate him. 

well done Hearts and Robbie, a fantastic result against a good team. Credit due to going through there and setting up and trying to play our normal game. 1st half wasn’t up to much, much better in the second half. Well chuffed! 👍🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

FTH

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

Aribo no different from Porteous, straight leg out of control, but we'll skip over that no doubt!

Penalty in the first half also. 

Lots of shit the bed comments in the first half but I honestly don't think that's what happened. We tried to play our game but Rangers came put the box hard and fast to put us to sword early and we couldn't touch them. They tired and we imposed our game more. A very well ground out result, delighted with the outcome.

1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

****ing miles different to Porteous’s challenge. I think yellow still but can see why some think it could have been a red. Porteous’s was as blatant a red as you get. Equating them is mental

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye. Ah was thinking the same thing when it went in. What a shite goal. We should be ashamed to accept it

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Sorry. You must be gutted. I won’t troll you mate. 

Apologies again.

Gutted?

Don't pull my plonker, ROFL.

8 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

We have fighters in this team. Devlin being the one who gets stuck right in and takes no shit. 

Thought he was shite tbh. Will get sent off alit with his cheeky attitude 

12 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Excellent stuff after getting the runaround in the first half.

Expect a few to disappear now we've got reasons to be cheerful

We're still learning. Its a new team versus a very established one. Hearts dug in, never gave up and worked out how to hurt them more.

Credit also to Devlin and Baningime after fairly early bookings to keep digging in. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Penalty in the first half also. 

It wasnt a penalty either. Robertson gave a few soft fouls and the lino second half was a disgrace but on the whole the ref was fair

SuperstarSteve
13 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Beautiful - any Halkett haters about ?

Ex halkett hater. Don’t think I’ve slated him this season once though, he has improved immensely.

So I’ll hold my hands up, It’s clear now the Squad around him didn’t help early on. 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Gordon MOTM by Country mile. 

Only about 2 or 3 saves and 1 he should have saved? Plus Morelos couldn’t hit a barn door today. Not for me. Devlin or Halkett imo. Devlins fight was just brilliant. The Rangers midfield ran out of gas, he had plenty left in the tank last 30 mins, that’s what turned the match in our favour IMO. A well deserved point and good result. 

Just now, ecky92 said:

Thought he was shite tbh. Will get sent off alit with his cheeky attitude 

Oh look our favourite troll has come to play. How was Devlin shite?

BRAVEHEART1874
On 13/10/2021 at 21:00, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

Hope Soutar, smith, halkett if they are starting all stay fit and dont need subbed later on. As we will have good options on the bench that can make a difference if we are still in the game after 70 mins and choosing 3 subs if needed from the likes of Nando, Ginelli, GMS, haring, walker ;) When was the last time we had a strong bench 2006?

took untill 30 mins to get into the game, but having the 3 subs certainly helped ;) Still unbeaten and a good result in weegie land :)

Ex member of the SaS

Even after a great result you have to slag the officials. It's not sour grapes when I say they were cheats. Stone wall penalty when Boyce bundled over and the linesman refusing to flag for offside.