Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

5 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

There’s a real want about grown men who continually use emojis and gifs to try and convey what they want to say. 

Makes a change from your grown up approach of name calling and personal abuse. 👌

Edited by frankblack

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson

The whole thing is nothing more than politicking now. Vaccine passports :rofl:Face coverings :rofl:

Just look at the house of commons yesterday. Tory benches, no masks. Labour and SNP benches, al masked up.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Makes a change from your grown up approach of name calling and personal abuse. 👌

Personal abuse. Deary me. You a sensitive soul, kid?

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

The whole thing is nothing more than politicking now. Vaccine passports :rofl:Face coverings :rofl:

Just look at the house of commons yesterday. Tory benches, no masks. Labour and SNP benches, al masked up.

Utterly embarrassing. I went through to ibrox on Saturday with no mask. Never got asked anywhere about it. People who continue to wear them needlessly are now  the problem. 

43 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Good to see more and more people are becoming angry at the vaccine passport introduction. 

Seems like most people are now realising that they have no effect on public health at all. 

👍

22 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

You need to a special kind of fruitloop to think they’re necessary. Like, really special. 

They really are . 

20 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The public wellbeing has many factors to ensure happiness and well being.

social contact , financial , employment, entertainment, and so on.

we are social creatures.

Life involves risk.

It also involves personal responsibility.

The wholesale destruction of much of what makes us human has been quite depressing.

The impact on students , education, businesses and personal freedoms has been quite something.

Peak liberty was probably under Blair , and since then there has been a gradual assault on free speech , thinking, Liberty and privacy .

It accelerated under COVID , it worries me, and should worry you too.

👍

18 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

It’s over, Frank. Go find something else to be petrified of. 

He’s scared of the day he will never see . 

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I am looking forward to my gigs and Football matches over the winter.

If you let me know which end you are attempting to get into the match on Saturday, I'll arrive early with my popcorn to watch you get launched into a meat wagon arguing with the Police.  :rofl:

Tragic comment really . You actually will be laughing if this happens . Some hearts fan you are . Disgusting 

3 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Utterly embarrassing. I went through to ibrox on Saturday with no mask. Never got asked anywhere about it. People who continue to wear them needlessly are now  the problem. 

Good 

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

:wtfvlad:

You can't take what you dish out.

How can it be personal abuse if we don’t know each other? 

You constantly go on about the hard of thinking or flat earth people when discussing this. There is countless examples through history that if you let the powers that be to do exactly as they want they will take advantage. 

Get vaccinated and we’ll gain herd immunity and be fine. Now it’s passports and be scared of winter flu. It’s become farcical. 

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Its become so political now. Labour have become an absolute woke mess. It’s sad as I genuinely liked a lot of Corbyn’s ideas. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Its become so political now. Labour have become an absolute woke mess. It’s sad as I genuinely liked a lot of Corbyn’s ideas. 

Yes Labour are down the rabbit hole now . Should never have got shot of JC 

Name calling, derogatory comments, put-downs etc are still personal and an attempt to play the man normally because they have lost the debate.

You constantly go on about the hard of thinking or flat earth people when discussing this. There is countless examples through history that if you let the powers that be to do exactly as they want they will take advantage. 

I agree to an extent, but we desperately need to keep events like Football and gigs open and begin to return to normality.  Its not a simple on/off switch.

Get vaccinated and we’ll gain herd immunity and be fine. Now it’s passports and be scared of winter flu. It’s become farcical. 

Its all about protecting the NHS from being overrun during the winter, which will result in Football, gigs etc being the first things taken away from us.

As I said - simple steps and lets get through to spring without everything going to shit again.

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:wtfvlad:

You can't take what you dish out.

Actually I do hear that there is a “roaring “ trade in VPs doing the rounds now .  Certainly in the Gorgie area I’ve heard from reliable sources .  Ofcourse if some people are unhappy with rules / regulations there are going to circumvent them. Just like prohibition etc . 

I wholeheartedly disagree with this may may I add .

After all they may get into matches if they have covid ! Oh wait so can vaccinated people too ! That’s the complete and utter  hypocrisy if it all . And it’s just political grand standing from Sturgeon . 

Edited by JamesM48

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Name calling, derogatory comments, put-downs etc are still personal and an attempt to play the man normally because they have lost the debate.

I agree to an extent, but we desperately need to keep events like Football and gigs open and begin to return to normality.  Its not a simple on/off switch.

Its all about protecting the NHS from being overrun during the winter, which will result in Football, gigs etc being the first things taken away from us.

As I said - simple steps and lets get through to spring without everything going to shit again.

It comes down to

1 - can it be slowed- yes

2- is it ever going away- no

Everything possible has been done now .

Should everyone get the vaccine ?

Of course.

Should you have to prove it ? No.

End of the day if every dumpling is allowed to vote, and we all have equal rights, one of those rights is that to be stupid.

How many freedoms are you willing to surrender - and where is your line?

School access? Health service access?

Where does it end?

And the only reason kids are exempt from passport rules is because they have not had time to double jab them , and the risk of harm from the vaccine vs the illness is much tighter.

That will change - kids will soon be included, and from there excluded.

18 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Gif/meme/emoji reply incoming. 

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Large events are happening in England without masks and vaccine passports. Take a wee trip over the border and you'll see that things have basically returned to normal.

The NHS has been over overrun every Winter for as far back as I can remember.

Sturgeon won't be able to shut anything down without Westminster doing it first and that ship has sailed.

Westminster won't be shutting down the economy again or providing any money for the devolved nations to do it 

37 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Large events are happening in England without masks and vaccine passports. Take a wee trip over the border and you'll see that things have basically returned to normal.

The NHS has been over overrun every Winter for as far back as I can remember.

Sturgeon won't be able to shut anything down without Westminster doing it first and that ship has sailed.

Westminster won't be shutting down the economy again or providing any money for the devolved nations to do it 

19E6F50B-B477-439D-BF56-D387702175BF.jpeg

41 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

It comes down to

1 - can it be slowed- yes

2- is it ever going away- no

Everything possible has been done now .

Should everyone get the vaccine ?

Of course.

Should you have to prove it ? No.

End of the day if every dumpling is allowed to vote, and we all have equal rights, one of those rights is that to be stupid.

How many freedoms are you willing to surrender - and where is your line?

School access? Health service access?

Where does it end?

And the only reason kids are exempt from passport rules is because they have not had time to double jab them , and the risk of harm from the vaccine vs the illness is much tighter.

That will change - kids will soon be included, and from there excluded.

👍

37 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

49k cases yesterday with nearly 47k being South of the border.

I agree that they won't shut down the economy again. That ship has sailed.

Hospital admissions are static ,that was the aim .

NHS now needs to plow on with this as the norm

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

And here’s me thinking taking the vaccine was to stop everything ‘going to shit’. 

Dennis Denuto
6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Hospital admissions are static ,that was the aim .

NHS now needs to plow on with this as the norm

I agree, that is why the vaccine has been so important and why everyone should get them, the numbers would be even lower if everyone possible was vaccinated.

Just think what the hospital numbers would be right now with no vaccine!!

I'm not particularly for or against the VPs more because I think they are ineffective in the current set up rather than an objection to having to provide the information.

Just now, Mars plastic said:

And here’s me thinking taking the vaccine was to stop everything ‘going to shit’. 

Trouble is sturgeon playing a. Crafty sleight of hand . Stars been going the right way for a while now , no need to that won’t continue . She says it’s also due to VP in a few weeks . 

So I was at Ibrox on Saturday but I can't go to Tynecastle this Saturday as I've not had my second jag yet, due it mid November, but im going to St johnstone away on the 27th with the same people who I stand next too at Tynecastle and in the pubs before hand. Makes complete sense eh?

Edited by Sir Craig Gordon

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

The vaccine doing the job. Just need to get the kids done and the boosters.

My daughter is geared up for a busy time in ICU but numbers are in single figures in her Covid area.

Kids don’t need a vaccine to Attend school ! They should get it for health reasons and they don’t even need it for that. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

So I was Ibrox on Saturday but I can't go to Tynecastle this Saturday as I've not had my second jag yet, due it mid November, but im going to St johnstone away on the 27th with the same people who I stand next too at Tynecastle and in the pubs before hand. Makes complete sense eh?

It really Makes complete and utter sense. 

1 minute ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

So I was Ibrox on Saturday but I can't go to Tynecastle this Saturday as I've not had my second jag yet, due it mid November, but im going to St johnstone away on the 27th with the same people who I stand next too at Tynecastle and in the pubs before hand. Makes complete sense eh?

The insanity is being allowed to continue by those who are happy to perpetuate it. 

I was in a Starbucks in Renfrew earlier waiting for my coffee and some woman got up 3 times to get stuff from the counter, each time pulling her mask up to walk about 5 metres. It’s beyond bonkers what this has done to people. 

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The vaccine doing the job. Just need to get the kids done and the boosters.

My daughter is geared up for a busy time in ICU but numbers are in single figures in her Covid area.

Indeed, the nhs is not swamped.

However, it will be when the reality of the waiting lists hits.

general practice is collapsing under the strain of looking after all the people waiting for the hospital .

it’s an utter mess 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

C73D2E04-EA68-4F5D-8B83-9FA8CB0B6C34.jpeg

8720057C-EC02-4717-ACA0-85311436528F.jpeg

AD647C1D-3589-4EFF-8237-97D4C072610E.jpeg

The vaccine has been great, it really has.

there is no doubt about that.

with most of the population being jabbed, and the vast majority of the vulnerable being done, of course most deaths have been jabbed.

40 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

The insanity is being allowed to continue by those who are happy to perpetuate it. 

I was in a Starbucks in Renfrew earlier waiting for my coffee and some woman got up 3 times to get stuff from the counter, each time pulling her mask up to walk about 5 metres. It’s beyond bonkers what this has done to people. 

It's bizarre to see the way it's affected people. My dad has become the biggest shitebag known to man since lockdown. Lets the news fill his head with shite to the point he wouldn't even hold his 2 grandsons until he had had his second jag. They were 4 & 6 months by that point, and had no idea who he was so cried any time he held them.

Edited by Sir Craig Gordon

33 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The vaccine has been great, it really has.

there is no doubt about that.

with most of the population being jabbed, and the vast majority of the vulnerable being done, of course most deaths have been jabbed.

Yes but it was meant to prevent deaths As well as serous illness 

17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It has, no question

42 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh Looks whos back ! Misery guts .serving gloom As usual .  I await the reappearance of the dentist and Bauld 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/celebs-tv/good-morning-britains-susanna-reid-21899093

Is she not more qualified to speak about it than you are slavering anti-vaxxer propoganda on here?

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Is she not more qualified to speak about it than you are slavering anti-vaxxer propoganda on here?

Oh here it goes . It’s Frank black word bingo today first one out of the bag 

“ anti vaxxer “ ill mark it off my bingo. Card . Dear Frank I am not anti vax im anti it being forced or coercive means used to ensure those who are unhealthy should take it . Please get it right . I’m double jabbed . 

been here before
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Oh frankie.

Dont stop being you.

I await the gif/meme.

4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Do you have the link for this chart?

Check the Twitter thingy 

been here before
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh here it goes . It’s Frank black word bingo today first one out of the bag 

“ anti vaxxer “ ill mark it off my bingo. Card . Dear Frank I am not anti vax im anti it being forced or coercive means used to ensure those who are unhealthy should take it . Please get it right . I’m double jabbed . 

Doesnt matter if you're double, treble or quadrouple vaccinated, if you dont agree with frank and his skewed thinking, you're an "anti vaxxer".

Imagine living in a world so black and white!

I await the gif/meme.

57 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I'm pretty sure it has. My 94 year old father caught it at the beginning of September, became very ill but has pretty much made a full recovery now. Without the double vaccine I'm sure that there would be one less Jambo on the planet.  

3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Got it. Previous month showed same trend.

Interesting stuff.

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Check the Twitter thingy 

Wonder if its because they are losing potency? 

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

Doesnt matter if you're double, treble or quadrouple vaccinated, if you dont agree with frank and his skewed thinking, you're an "anti vaxxer".

Imagine living in a world so black and white!

I await the gif/meme.

Oh I know . Poor soul really . Worried constantly .

1 minute ago, henryheart said:

I'm pretty sure it has. My 94 year old father caught it at the beginning of September, became very ill but has pretty much made a full recovery now. Without the double vaccine I'm sure that there would be one less Jambo on the planet.  

👍👍👍great to hear of his recovery 

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Wonder if its because they are losing potency? 

Could be or without being flippant it’s the same age group / vulnerable who are dying from it who would have ore vaccine . ? 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Could be or without being flippant it’s the same age group / vulnerable who are dying from it who would have ore vaccine . ? 

The photo you shared is missing out a paragraph that is under the graph which seems to disagree with the 85%. 

'Age-standardised mortality rates for COVID-19 deaths shown in Table 17 are lower for people who have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine compared to individuals that are unvaccinated or have received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. This is comparable with data published by the Office for National Statistics which showed the risk of death involving COVID-19 was consistently lower for people who had received two vaccinations compared to one or no vaccination, as shown by the weekly agestandardised mortality rates for deaths involving COVID-19'.

I dont really understand it to be honest. The table seems to say otherwise but pretty positive i am not reading the age standarised mortality rate column correctly. 

1 minute ago, IronJambo said:

That's a great statistic for those that can't think for themselves.

Surely this is because the majority of the population has been vaccinated. 

If you have 100 purple people and 10,000 blue people then the biggest number of smokers will be amongst the blue people.

I think the point is about me the efficacy of the vaccine 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I think the point is about me the efficacy of the vaccine 

I wiped my post after reading the table correctly as I initially assumed it was something else.

I'm reckoning that an anti-vaxxer or two spent a long time to try and make the figures look favourable towards their views.

Dennis Denuto

Is this thread now re-running the vaccine or no vaccine argument? It is clear as day that the vaccines have reduced deaths and hospital admissions by 70-80%, we would be in all kinds of trouble right now if it weren't for the vaccine.

As it is it would still be better with lower transmission numbers, it's not easy to get that down without restrictions returning - so get the bloody vaccine.