Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

18 minutes ago, JoeBugner2 said:

Just a suggestion - maybe we can add BMI to the Vax Passport/ID thing? like a 'Fat Pass' so to speak? To be honest, I'm fed up with all these fatties taking up NHS resources and beds, it is so selfish! Anyone classed as 'obese' will be refused entry to fast food outlets, delhis, restaurants etc as well as places where their size causes issues like stadiums, concerts, transport etc. These fat people need to realise that their decisions have consequences. Obviously there will be medical exemptions for those who have 'trouble with their glands' etc. Some other obvious benefits would be possible additional seating in stadiums etc (due to no fatties) and reduced queueing at the stadium food and drink stalls. What do you think? 

Perfectly valid suggestion really ! Same goes for smokers , drinkers etc . Where would it end though ? 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Do you mean the Equality Act 2010? If so what part of it would it break? I can't see anything listed among the list of protected characteristics that it would discriminate against.

Yes sorry the equalities act. I'm not sure to answer your question of which specific part it breaks.

Screenshots below but they don't really clarify it much to be honest.

Screenshot_20210907-122735_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210907-122744_Gallery.jpg

27 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Agreed but there will still be some side effects as there are with any meds . There always is 

Of course thats always going to happen. Its people like Wisey and his lack of context in what those side effects are in the data that cause misinformation to be put out there. You need all info. Not in the Joe and him way of saying you are all wrong , we are right as we are the only ones who who could possibly have an educated view reached through personal research. 

28 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Please !!! “ American pie “ I wouldn’t eat it never mind watch it 😂😂😂 I am happy to be a snob and say I’ve never seen an Adam Sandler film ! I think he is in it ? I’m more in mourning today that the great French new wave actor Jean Paul Belmondo has died :((

You wouldn’t eat pie? I am shocked at that emmm revelation 🤣 Adam Sandler isnt in it but if you can’t appreciate an Adam Sandler film then lifes over for ya James 😝

14 minutes ago, JoeBugner2 said:

Just a suggestion - maybe we can add BMI to the Vax Passport/ID thing? like a 'Fat Pass' so to speak? To be honest, I'm fed up with all these fatties taking up NHS resources and beds, it is so selfish! Anyone classed as 'obese' will be refused entry to fast food outlets, delhis, restaurants etc as well as places where their size causes issues like stadiums, concerts, transport etc. These fat people need to realise that their decisions have consequences. Obviously there will be medical exemptions for those who have 'trouble with their glands' etc. Some other obvious benefits would be possible additional seating in stadiums etc (due to no fatties) and reduced queueing at the stadium food and drink stalls. What do you think? 

BMI jesus **** 🤣🤣 My BMI would tell you im obese with a serious risk to my life….

7 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Edited for a typo and left in delhis.

:facepalm:

ps.  @sadjmight enlighten you with how you can have a high BMI and have very low fat levels.

Haha just quoted him. Honest to **** I hope that was tongue in cheek as for a person so advanced in humanity that they can enlighten all of us on subjects we have done our own research on to turn round and say BMI is off the scale….

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
16 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm sure they have. It's a pretty unique if not totally unexpected situation we find ourselves in. 

'wisey' is not only coming out with stuff that's not mainstream, it's stuff that's not true and in some cases pretty it's dangerous stuff. 

People like 'wisey' and the individuals he subscribes to are entitled to their views, likewise i'm entitled to call him out for the utter shite he's polluting the board with. We have enough idiots and wind up merchants on here, without disingenuous and dangerous nonsense. 

yes I agree you are entitled to call it out

you recognise you have often been ‘wrong’ in the past tho (no more than the average non-expert I’m sure and maybe some experts too)

8 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Yes sorry the equalities act. I'm not sure to answer your question of which specific part it breaks.

That reads like its wrong to ask for the info but once things are in place (assuming they get put in place) then it would state you have an exemption. Ie you would have your QR code but it wouldn’t say exempt or vaxxed just you qualify for whatever requirements need to be met

Edited by sadj

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Perfectly valid suggestion really ! Same goes for smokers , drinkers etc . Where would it end though ? 

It is not a perfectly valid suggestion in any way shape or form to utilise BMI James

1 minute ago, sadj said:

That reads like its wrong to ask for the info but once things are in place (assuming they get put in place) then it would state you have an exemption. Ie you would have yoir QR code but it wouldn’t say exempt or vaxxed just you qualify for whatever requirements need to be met

Yea agreed. But is it like the mask mandate that you can exempt yourself after all it states you do not have to provide proof of exemption.

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Yea agreed. But is it like the mask mandate that you can exempt yourself after all it states you do not have to provide proof of exemption.

I would say that youve covered that yourself with mandate as opposed to law. Whether people agree its right or not is a different question. 

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

BMI jesus **** 🤣🤣 My BMI would tell you im obese with a serious risk to my life….

I'm sure it was someone like Chris Hoy whose BMI said he was morbidly obese and at serious health risks, when he'd just won x number of gold medals.

The BMI index hasn't been fit for purpose for years, no wonder they are trying to replace it, but still people use it as if it's an accurate gauge.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

So there is now talk of another lockdown in October. Not denied by the vaccines minister.

Depends on how the vaccine booster goes of course...

On and on it goes and still the mugs comply.

this shouldn’t come as a surprise unless folk are getting their info from a narrow range of sources

scientists ironically dubbed anti-lockdown and let it rip merchants by the ill-informed have been advising that short-term targeted lockdowns may be a very useful and necessary tool for the foreseeable future even with a successful vaccine

doesnt mean it will happen of course 

who could believe it scientists who are who are fundamentally opposed to long term lockdowns as a blunt tool recognise they do have a role to play - a complex issue including the complexities - much more challenging than just pigeonholing folk 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

It is not a perfectly valid suggestion in any way shape or form to utilise BMI James

Nobody should be discriminated against because of what they put in their body however it is now apparently acceptable. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Haha just quoted him. Honest to **** I hope that was tongue in cheek as for a person so advanced in humanity that they can enlighten all of us on subjects we have done our own research on to turn round and say BMI is off the scale….

BMI is a perfectly acceptable measure to use when discussing the general population. Obviously at an individual level it is less applicable. A simple solution would be medical exemptions from your GP. No issues if he/she confirms you are not actually a fatty then you are exempt for 6 months. 

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Remember one incident where they arrived on a Saturday morning at a Monday-Friday outpatients clinic and then claimed that the NHS wasn't busy as there was nobody there, well of course there was nobody there numbnuts, but they probably knew that the clinic was closed before they started to film.  Again taking things out of context to suit their agenda.

:rofl:

You shouldn’t laugh eh

7 minutes ago, JoeBugner2 said:

BMI is a perfectly acceptable measure to use when discussing the general population. Obviously at an individual level it is less applicable. A simple solution would be medical exemptions from your GP. No issues if he/she confirms you are not actually a fatty then you are exempt for 6 months. 

BMI is not a perfectly acceptable measure when discussing the general population. Have your websites not debunked that myth yet? Jesus Christ 🤣🤣 

17 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

That seems to contradict itself by saying you should not ask for evidence of exemption and then goes on to say a solution is being worked on so that evidence can be shown.

They need to find some way of differentiating between exempt folk and those who choose not to be vaxxed.

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

No but fat % is 😂

Body fat % would be but you’d need to get very detailed with it looking at such things as visceral fat too to get an accurate picture

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Body fat % would be but you’d need to get very detailed with it looking at such things as visceral fat too to get an accurate picture

Yup Im happy to go with whatever you experts say is the best way of measuring fattness then. As long as we are all agreed that the "Fat Pass" would be a great measure to save lives and protect our NHS.

The Mighty Thor
26 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

yes I agree you are entitled to call it out

you recognise you have often been ‘wrong’ in the past tho (no more than the average non-expert I’m sure and maybe some experts too)

Oh i'm fully aware of how wrong I can be. It's the main reason where i tend to keep quiet unless i know i'm right, or i'll find out about the topic before I jump in. 

I hate to use the phrase but the pandemic (endemic now?) is a dynamic situation where the mutations can easily render what is right today, wrong tomorrow. Just a thought. 

19 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Nobody should be discriminated against because of what they put in their body however it is now apparently acceptable. 

Non prescribed drugs? Alcohol?  2 examples of when the Equality Act 2010 doesn't apply.

The Mighty Thor
52 minutes ago, JoeBugner2 said:

So see when i'm sitting on a bus, do I catch high BMI or obesity from unmasked 'fatties' 

Or are you conflating two completely different things?

Byyy The Light
54 minutes ago, JoeBugner2 said:

Can you add linking it to the price of a flight and ratio of traveller to luggage as well please. Ta.

8 minutes ago, JoeBugner2 said:

Yup Im happy to go with whatever you experts say is the best way of measuring fattness then. As long as we are all agreed that the "Fat Pass" would be a great measure to save lives and protect our NHS.

It's actually a fair point, and I'm pretty sure the government will introduce it as soon as it's found that "fattness" can be caught at football games.

7 minutes ago, JoeBugner2 said:

Ok so the fat person who gets on your yellow bus is putting your life at risk are they? No? The vaccine is there to help protect you but also protect others. A passport is to minimise risk to people from those who choose to not get vaxxed. Thats not even in the same postcode as saying how dare someone choose to be fat.

1 minute ago, Beni said:

It's actually a fair point, and I'm pretty sure the government will introduce it as soon as it's found that "fattness" can be caught at football games.

🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Oh i'm fully aware of how wrong I can be. It's the main reason where i tend to keep quiet unless i know i'm right, or i'll find out about the topic before I jump in. 

I hate to use the phrase but the pandemic (endemic now?) is a dynamic situation where the mutations can easily render what is right today, wrong tomorrow. Just a thought. 

But there are one or two things that remain consistant irrespective!

17 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

But there are one or two things that remain consistant irrespective!

Is it your position on it due to your enlightened position that we don’t have? 

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Taffin just about the most balanced poster on the board and vaccinated if I remember correctly

youve fallen into the trap of assuming someone is fundamentally opposed to your views because they disagree on a certain thing leading to firing out cheap shots 

does you and your debate (which you may actually be very knowledgeable on) no credit at all :(

Cheers, appreciate that, but I'm more than guilty of firing in with both feet too 😂😂

@sadj and I arrived at a decent place on the debate and I'm not actually sure we're that far apart on what we were covering, just coming at it from different angles 👍👍

23 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

So see when i'm sitting on a bus, do I catch high BMI or obesity from unmasked 'fatties' 

Thought we were protecting the NHS? 

If you are obese then you are a risk to yourself.  Not up to someone else on the bus to protect you because you can't pass a Greggs. 

Not saying you personally are obese in case you take this personally! 

I see we're back at BMI.

BMI x Age (BMI AGE) was shown as a key indicator of the likelihood of someone to spread the virus.

The higher it was, the higher the spread with the opposite being true.

May well be out of date now so I'll refrain from harping on about it by sharing the link to the study 😂

43 minutes ago, sadj said:

Let's just install CT scanners at the turnstiles then. The muppets pushing this false equivalence best watch they don't start testing IQ before allowing people in...

33 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I hear you put on 2lbs for every hour stood outside Greggs just watching folk getting their lunch. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Of course thats always going to happen. Its people like Wisey and his lack of context in what those side effects are in the data that cause misinformation to be put out there. You need all info. Not in the Joe and him way of saying you are all wrong , we are right as we are the only ones who who could possibly have an educated view reached through personal research. 

You wouldn’t eat pie? I am shocked at that emmm revelation 🤣 Adam Sandler isnt in it but if you can’t appreciate an Adam Sandler film then lifes over for ya James 😝

Filthy regarding eating pie . Never assume ! There is ongoing controversy about BMI I believe 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

It can help a bit 

56 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm sure it was someone like Chris Hoy whose BMI said he was morbidly obese and at serious health risks, when he'd just won x number of gold medals.

The BMI index hasn't been fit for purpose for years, no wonder they are trying to replace it, but still people use it as if it's an accurate gauge.

Yes 

29 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ok so the fat person who gets on your yellow bus is putting your life at risk are they? No? The vaccine is there to help protect you but also protect others. A passport is to minimise risk to people from those who choose to not get vaxxed. Thats not even in the same postcode as saying how dare someone choose to be fat.

The fat person is taking up valuable nhs Resources though 

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I see we're back at BMI.

BMI x Age (BMI AGE) was shown as a key indicator of the likelihood of someone to spread the virus.

May well be out of date now so I'll refrain from harping on about it by sharing the link to the study 😂

Yes it’s been noted Time and again fatter people can spread the virus more easily and also are more prone to serious illness from it . Lost count of how many times I’ve seen a “

human interest “ on the news about a “ young” person dying of covid to only get the full picture ( they were also obese ) 

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Cheers, appreciate that, but I'm more than guilty of firing in with both feet too 😂😂

@sadj and I arrived at a decent place on the debate and I'm not actually sure we're that far apart on what we were covering, just coming at it from different angles 👍👍

aren’t we all 😇

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Taffin just about the most balanced poster on the board and vaccinated if I remember correctly

youve fallen into the trap of assuming someone is fundamentally opposed to your views because they disagree on a certain thing leading to firing out cheap shots 

does you and your debate (which you may actually be very knowledgeable on) no credit at all :(

Gets tiring arguing with stupid (not Taffin) and Im a fiery ****er so not surprising that wires get crossed. Hopefully Taffin is aware it was a generalisation not a specific attack on them

13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Filthy regarding eating pie . Never assume ! There is ongoing controversy about BMI I believe 

It can help a bit 

Yes 

Yes it’s been noted Time and again fatter people can spread the virus more easily and also are more prone to serious illness from it . Lost count of how many times I’ve seen a “

human interest “ on the news about a “ young” person dying of covid to only get the full picture ( they were also obese ) 

Like I wouldn’t make something filthy…

That aside , the bit in bold.

No one is saying that obesity doesnt cause issues that require NHS funds to treat. However the argument is primarily about passports and how the poster thinks we should have a fat passport based on BMI to say someone shouldn’t be able to attend events. When put in simple terms like that it is ludicrous. There is no inherent risk to you by attending a football match with a “fat” (high BMI) person unless they are a cannibal or you are edible like cake James… There is an inherent risk posed by attending with an unvaccinated person and its a risk that is also not yours to make it is their choice to put you at a higher risk.

Edited by sadj

9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It can help a bit 

Yes 

This post proves you really don't have a scooby.  Littered with unresearched stereotypes and assumptions about fat people, and as ill-educated as homophobic stereotypes which I'm sure you would take offense at.

19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I see we're back at BMI.

Is that study taking a demographic across all types of body type and health levels or is it just looking at high BMI people who do fall in the obese position? 

To my mind there is no way you could say with any certainty that BMI AGE is accurate for measuring anything. To say that someone with high BMI is a greater risk is generalising. That would put almost every reasonable levelled gymmer or athlete/fitness enthusiast in that demographic. 

Hey guys, you might have picked me up wrong, Im not COMPARING "fat passes" to "vax passes" , or saying you can spread fatness - that would be ridiculous!. I'm saying we should have BOTH. If we already have the vax pass we can just add the fatness measure to it. Technically it would be straighforward. It would undeniably save hundreds of thousands of lives in the UK and free up millions of valuable NHS money and resources. The additional stadium seats and reduced queues at the catering is just an added bonus. Im sick of these selfish fatties clogging up hospitals when other folks grannies go waiting months for treatments. These fatties need to answer for their bad decision making. This is a no brainer surely? 

3 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

I presume the Nats need the backing of the greens to get the passport through parliament? With labour and tories opposing? 

What a shambles that this bunch of weirdos have so much influence.

Meanwhile the tories don't need any help to get the passport through wm

My little joke about myself is that I call my left arm my Tetley tea arm, as it has about 2,000 perforations in it from the amount of vaccines I have had since a child. I'm 59 next April and to date I have had no serious health problems.

By this I mean, no heart problems, no liver problems, kidney problems, I am not diabetic, and cancer hasn't been detected yet. I am about 2 stone overweight, but I am losing that. Down from 16st 12 to 15st 6 in the last 6 weeks. My teeth are not the best, but you can't have everything. I have had flu twice in my life, first time aged 14, off school for a week, second time aged 57, off work for nine days.

I consider myself very lucky, alot I put down getting vaccinated when it was offered to me.

10 minutes ago, JoeBugner2 said:

Hey guys, you might have picked me up wrong, Im not COMPARING "fat passes" to "vax passes" , or saying you can spread fatness - that would be ridiculous!. I'm saying we should have BOTH. If we already have the vax pass we can just add the fatness measure to it. Technically it would be straighforward. It would undeniably save hundreds of thousands of lives in the UK and free up millions of valuable NHS money and resources. The additional stadium seats and reduced queues at the catering is just an added bonus. Im sick of these selfish fatties clogging up hospitals when other folks grannies go waiting months for treatments. These fatties need to answer for their bad decision making. This is a no brainer surely? 

If it's a no brainer it will be right up your street. Certainly not my place to debate such a thing with you.

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

My little joke about myself is that I call my left arm my Tetley tea arm, as it has about 2,000 perforations in it from the amount of vaccines I have had since a child. I'm 59 next April and to date I have had no serious health problems.

By this I mean, no heart problems, no liver problems, kidney problems, I am not diabetic, and cancer hasn't been detected yet. I am about 2 stone overweight, but I am losing that. Down from 16st 12 to 15st 6 in the last 6 weeks. My teeth are not the best, but you can't have everything. I have had flu twice in my life, first time aged 14, off school for a week, second time aged 57, off work for nine days.

I consider myself very lucky, alot I put down getting vaccinated when it was offered to me.

great effort 👍🏻

17 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is that study taking a demographic across all types of body type and health levels or is it just looking at high BMI people who do fall in the obese position? 

To my mind there is no way you could say with any certainty that BMI AGE is accurate for measuring anything. To say that someone with high BMI is a greater risk is generalising. That would put almost every reasonable levelled gymmer or athlete/fitness enthusiast in that demographic. 

It would indeed, but only if they were old too. The logic behind it though is that their additional weight causes them to breath heavier, spreading droplets more. Now this may be true of a body builder who has poor cardiovascular performance as their system will be working hard to carry that mass but as you say, it wouldn't be true of someone with a strong build and general all round fitness (a soldier maybe for example).

Its a small study but broadly followed the 80/20 rule in its results (18% of the group were responsible for 80% of the bioaerosol)

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/8/e2021830118

That's the link above, mutations and vaccinations will have no doubt skewed the landscape since then so may no longer be worth its salt.

Edited by Taffin

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This post proves you really don't have a scooby.  Littered with unresearched stereotypes and assumptions about fat people, and as ill-educated as homophobic stereotypes which I'm sure you would take offense at.

The implicit point in the posts was about “ fat “ people who are obese due to their own health choices . Not for medical reasons . Maybe that was too complex for you to understand as you seem to struggle at times . 

39A2C4C6-02B7-452F-A1CA-BF090F088734.png

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Genetics also has a massive part to play in someone’s health . 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

The implicit point in the posts was about “ fat “ people who are obese due to their own health choices . Not for medical reasons . Maybe that was too complex for you to understand as you seem to struggle at times . 

39A2C4C6-02B7-452F-A1CA-BF090F088734.png

No - you didn't have any point other than trying to label people with stereotypes.

A lot of overweight people work hard and hardly take time off sick or use much NHS resources.  You have completely lost the plot.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It would indeed, but only if they were old too. The logic behind it though is that their additional weight causes them to breath heavier, spreading droplets more. Now this may be true of a body builder who has poor cardiovascular performance as their system will be working hard to carry that mass but as you say, it wouldn't be true of someone with a strong build and general all round fitness (a soldier maybe for example).

Its a small study but broadly followed the 80/20 rule in its results (18% of the group were responsible for 80% of the bioaerosol)

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/8/e2021830118

That's the link above, mutations and vaccinations will have no doubt skewed the landscape since then so may no longer be worth its salt.

Cheers , just away into a meeting so ill read it after , replying to posts is one thing sitting reading my phone intensely may be a bit more noticeable.  

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No - you didn't have any point other than trying to label people with stereotypes.

A lot of overweight people work hard and hardly take time off sick or use much NHS resources.  You have completely lost the plot.

Rubbish like I said it was implicit in the fat comments . Your just like stirring the pot. Very immature . You got figures for the time off for overweight not taking time off like? No didn’t think you did . Just a throwaway comment to back up your argument