Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This post proves you really don't have a scooby.  Littered with unresearched stereotypes and assumptions about fat people, and as ill-educated as homophobic stereotypes which I'm sure you would take offense at.

James has been very defensive of labelling fat people and has on numerous occasions pointed out how it's a complex matter and called me out on making generalisations before.

That said, the NHS website section on obesity (presumably the experts we're meant to listen to?) is quite overwhelmingly written to say that obesity is in the main caused by eating too much and not moving enough with the treatment being eat less and move more.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/obesity/

Are the experts wrong or are they the wrong experts? I struggle to keep up.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Genetics also has a massive part to play in someone’s health . 

Genetics can be a misnomer. It can give a higher predisposition to a specific condition however it may be that that “genetic” effect is more down to other things shared with your family such as environment , lifestyle , diet etc.

That though is probably nitpicking on your point 😝

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Genetics can be a misnomer. It can give a higher predisposition to a specific condition however it may be that that “genetic” effect is more down to other things shared with your family such as environment , lifestyle , diet etc.

That though is probably nitpicking on your point 😝

You nit picking ? Never ! Your on one the day ! 😂😎

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Apparently if you catch Mu you are also more susceptible to Mad Cow Disease.

😂😂😂 Jesus that comment just reminded of that crazy episode of “ the  x files “ about CJD ! My brain is on overdrive 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely us fat ***** fault, I would say we probably contribute more to the economy than we take out from the NHS. 

p4TK I think we have tried to establish that the comments regarding “ fat “ people are those who over eat to a degree which puts their health at risk and causes a strain on NHS 🛌 ( no pun intended 😂) they have medical reasons why they are ver weight 

21 minutes ago, Taffin said:

James has been very defensive of labelling fat people and has on numerous occasions pointed out how it's a complex matter and called me out on making generalisations before.

That said, the NHS website section on obesity (presumably the experts we're meant to listen to?) is quite overwhelmingly written to say that obesity is in the main caused by eating too much and not moving enough with the treatment being eat less and move more.

This although nothing to do with Vaxx passports (not a dig at you just we are all way off topic) is again an interesting subject. 

The experts (and this will no doubt be jumped on by the more extreme thinkers on this thread) change advice often , a fry up is good for you , a fry up is bad for you. Eggs are good for you , no they are bad for cholesterol , no wait the white is good for you. 

The NHS or similar will also generalise with info as imo they have too , at least to an extent. Raising the point you made at the bottom , whos the expert , are they right , are they the wrong expert. I think the NHS still use BMI too don’t they which is seriously outdated and ineffectual in measuring a persons obesity. Im roughly two stone overweight (for me) at mo but id reckon im still fitter than most people who don’t have that extra two stone to carry. I can easily run 5km in around 22mins. How do you measure my fitness. It would be a combination of fat , visceral fat , cardio ability , bone density etc then add in i only have 4/5 of my lungs where does that place me on a fit scale. You can’t have a coverall answer to fatness you can to such things as a vaxx. It only has three possibilities

vaxxed/getting vaxxed

anti vaxx

exempt

Therefore to me any conflating of vaxx passports and fat passports is wrong.

Edited by sadj

15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

The implicit point in the posts was about “ fat “ people who are obese due to their own health choices . Not for medical reasons . Maybe that was too complex for you to understand as you seem to struggle at times . 

39A2C4C6-02B7-452F-A1CA-BF090F088734.png

Not as much as you at times, James.

The first part of my post was all about vaccinations, the topic of the thread. I then gave a general description of my health and how lucky I think I have been health wise overall. Only time I mentioned weight was my own.

Just now, John Findlay said:

Not as much as you at times, James.

The first part of my post was all about vaccinations, the topic of the thread. I then gave a general description of my health and how lucky I think I have been health wise overall. Only time I mentioned weight was my own.

Oh sorry that wasn’t for you my mistake it was for Frank black 

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Its KLF mate

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely us fat ***** fault, I would say we probably contribute more to the economy than we take out from the NHS. 

Shite , i forgot to message you didn’t I. I will get around to it. Its nothing major just might benefit us both

Just now, sadj said:

Its KLF mate

Shite , i forgot to message you didn’t I. I will get around to it. Its nothing major just might benefit us both

Prefer KFC myself, probably why I'm overweight. 😟

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh sorry that wasn’t for you my mistake it was for Frank black 

No problem James👍

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You nit picking ? Never ! Your on one the day ! 😂😎

😏 maybe , last time i was like this was the person telling me i dont have a vagina so I know nothing about periods and their effect on a womans elite/athletic performance levels 🤣 

Just now, Awbdy Oot said:

KFC to install scanners to check your fat passport and see if you are allowed to enter for some chicken and that last train home to Trancentral.

16 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He is labelling all fat people.   Lockdowns won't have helped people with their health and fitness.  However, that isn't the argument.

His attempts to play the drama queen and pick on this group to support is batshit mental argument over covid passports is tragic.

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Its KLF mate

👍 it’s a great track always on my play list when I’m on it 

3 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

😂 

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No problem James👍

👍

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

😏 maybe , last time i was like this was the person telling me i dont have a vagina so I know nothing about periods and their effect on a womans elite/athletic performance levels 🤣 

I’m sure bleeding continually would impact on anyone’s performance ! 

KFC to install scanners to check your fat passport and see if you are allowed to enter for some chicken and that last train home to Trancentral.

I must admit we had a bucket last week . £4.99 for 10 pieces . I honestly felt I tasted bleach in the chicken 🐔 

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

He is labelling all fat people.   Lockdowns won't have helped people with their health and fitness.  However, that isn't the argument.

His attempts to play the drama queen and pick on this group to support is batshit mental argument over covid passports is tragic.

In what way is it mental though?

As per the link I shared, the vast majority of obese people have it in their own agency to not be obese.

Obese people spread the virus more (or at least did, I've caveated the study I shared to accept it may well be out of date now)

Unvaccinated spread the virus more.

One is being dubbed selfish and risking others health because they've made a choice...the other, well I haven't seen the proposals for a fat passport.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Its KLF mate

No probs. 
Love the KLF 😂

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

They better not try to stop me cos I'm coming throooooooo. (bring the beat back)

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I must admit we had a bucket last week . £4.99 for 10 pieces . I honestly felt I tasted bleach in the chicken 🐔 

Did you wash them? 🤭

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

In what way is it mental though?

As per the link I shared, the vast majority of obese people have it in their own agency to not be obese.

Obese people spread the virus more (or at least did, I've caveated the study I shared to accept it may well be out of date now)

Unvaccinated spread the virus more.

One is being dubbed selfish and risking others health because they've made a choice...the other, well I haven't seen the proposals for a fat passport.

The study you have is obscure and out of date, pretty much like the governments said that School Kids couldn't spread the virus up until the Delta Variant shut their schools.

I think your argument about fat people is way off topic, irrelevant, and a complete waste of time in this discussion.

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

👍 it’s a great track always on my play list when I’m on it 

😂

👍

I’m sure bleeding continually would impact on anyone’s performance ! 

Tis indeed , one of the albums of my childhood along with the orb that seeped into all my G’n’R etc ones.

Lol it can indeed but theres a lot of aspects throughout the whole 4weeks that need to be manipulated to give best performance. Simple one is that in the days leading up to a period a woman is at far higher risk of injuries such as tendon tears , acl injuries and the likes. Men have designed most training plans as if it was a man doing it , something that is now changing in sport. As I said wrong thread but its interesting. 

12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

There is Zinger flavour crisps out. Quite fine. That bleach is just what all protein now tastes like after your jabs James 😏😝 Its a vegan conspiracy to make us all move away from eating meat (is that a euphemism - couldn’t say) so they can take over the world. Its being funded by James Cameron and his vegan food brand. 

10 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

They better not try to stop me cos I'm coming throooooooo. (bring the beat back)

🤣🤣🤘🏻👌🏻

9 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Did you wash them? 🤭

FFs 🤣

Edited by sadj

23 minutes ago, sadj said:

This although nothing to do with Vaxx passports (not a dig at you just we are all way off topic) is again an interesting subject. 

The experts (and this will no doubt be jumped on by the more extreme thinkers on this thread) change advice often , a fry up is good for you , a fry up is bad for you. Eggs are good for you , no they are bad for cholesterol , no wait the white is good for you. 

The NHS or similar will also generalise with info as imo they have too , at least to an extent. Raising the point you made at the bottom , whos the expert , are they right , are they the wrong expert. I think the NHS still use BMI too don’t they which is seriously outdated and ineffectual in measuring a persons obesity. Im roughly two stone overweight (for me) at mo but id reckon im still fitter than most people who don’t have that extra two stone to carry. I can easily run 5km in around 22mins. How do you measure my fitness. It would be a combination of fat , visceral fat , cardio ability , bone density etc then add in i only have 4/5 of my lungs where does that place me on a fit scale. You can’t have a coverall answer to fatness you can to such things as a vaxx. It only has three possibilities

vaxxed/getting vaxxed

anti vaxx

exempt

Therefore to me any conflating of vaxx passports and fat passports is wrong.

👍👍👍

12 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Miss Tammy Wynette was terrific on this track . I love when two different types of musical styles are fused 

12 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Did you wash them? 🤭

! I knew someone would say something about that as soon as I put it up ! 😂 I still ate my 5 pieces 

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

There is Zinger flavour crisps out. Quite fine. That bleach is just what all protein now tastes like after your jabs James 😏😝 Its a vegan conspiracy to make us all move away from eating meat (is that a euphemism - couldn’t say) so they can take over the world. Its being funded by James Cameron and his vegan food brand. 

🤣🤣🤘🏻👌🏻

FFs 🤣

Me giving up meat 🥩 never 😎😎

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Me giving up meat 🥩 never 😎😎

Wont be choice , the Vegans have control now they’ve got people to start vaxxing

Wont be choice , the Vegans have control now they’ve got people to start vaxxing

No to be honest I hardly eat meat at

All if u mean red meat? I like chicken and fish ( mackerel is a wonder food ) 

The Real Maroonblood
4 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

I presume the Nats need the backing of the greens to get the passport through parliament? With labour and tories opposing? 

What a shambles that this bunch of weirdos have so much influence.

Says one of the biggest weirdos on this thread.

:lol:

I think the fat/unvaxxed are VERY similar and should be treated as such. .. and it IS relevant to the passport debate as it would require only one new field to be added to the app, simples. The unvaxxed damage may seem more obivous for now but the fatties do much more damage to the health system overall. Imagine all the resources and money wasted on treating these self inflicted hearts attacks, strokes, diabetes etc?! We can save thousands of lives here. If you are not in support of this then you too are selfish and part of the problem. The whole covid debate has opened my eyes to how selfish others are - all getting on with their own lives and not thinking about the bigger picture. It's time we made EVERYONE responsbile for EVERYONE ELSE's health. To be honest Im sure those clever experts are well on to this already.

1 minute ago, JoeBugner2 said:

I think the fat/unvaxxed are VERY similar and should be treated as such. .. and it IS relevant to the passport debate as it would require only one new field to be added to the app, simples. The unvaxxed damage may seem more obivous for now but the fatties do much more damage to the health system overall. Imagine all the resources and money wasted on treating these self inflicted hearts attacks, strokes, diabetes etc?! We can save thousands of lives here. If you are not in support of this then you too are selfish and part of the problem. The whole covid debate has opened my eyes to how selfish others are - all getting on with their own lives and not thinking about the bigger picture. It's time we made EVERYONE responsbile for EVERYONE ELSE's health. To be honest Im sure those clever experts are well on to this already.

Hang on, you've spent way too long saying that the unvaccinated shouldn't have restrictions placed on them, all a government control thing yet now you want it extended to include more folk, I'm confused.

16 minutes ago, JoeBugner2 said:

Add Smokers, and those with a drink problem and see what you get left.

14 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Hang on, you've spent way too long saying that the unvaccinated shouldn't have restrictions placed on them, all a government control thing yet now you want it extended to include more folk, I'm confused.

Yip - strange contradictions from the anti-vaxxers on this thread.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Tis indeed , one of the albums of my childhood along with the orb that seeped into all my G’n’R etc ones.

Lol it can indeed but theres a lot of aspects throughout the whole 4weeks that need to be manipulated to give best performance. Simple one is that in the days leading up to a period a woman is at far higher risk of injuries such as tendon tears , acl injuries and the likes. Men have designed most training plans as if it was a man doing it , something that is now changing in sport. As I said wrong thread but its interesting. 

Btw what u mean your “ childhood “ were u no out dancingto it when it was a “ hit” ! 😂

35 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Add Smokers, and those with a drink problem and see what you get left.

All you'd be left with is the Jehovah's.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Says one of the biggest weirdos on this thread.

:lol:

Different opinion to you so must be a weirdo.

Let me guess one of the Sturgeon cult? 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

No to be honest I hardly eat meat at

All if u mean red meat? I like chicken and fish ( mackerel is a wonder food ) 

mackerel i cant stand but yeah its a good thing to get in your diet. I was being crude James rather than speaking about meat i was talking about meat. Im disappointed you never saw that. Your sense of humour with quips like that and your quick witted responses are usually pretty good. 

1 hour ago, JoeBugner2 said:

You are a card aren’t you Joseph , Fat and Unvaxxed should both have restrictshoons but they shouldnt have restrictshoons , well fat should but not unvaxxed cause restrictshoons kennn.

Obesity needs tackled but is a very different debate to unvaxxed people putting you and your family at risk. The “fat” people are not directly putting you at risk to you by standing next to you. Unless….you are wittering on wi the stuff you do on here and they punch you. 

49 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Btw what u mean your “ childhood “ were u no out dancingto it when it was a “ hit” ! 😂

was only just in my teens when The White Room came oot….So my childhood 🖕🏻🤣

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Oh i'm fully aware of how wrong I can be. It's the main reason where i tend to keep quiet unless i know i'm right, or i'll find out about the topic before I jump in. 

I hate to use the phrase but the pandemic (endemic now?) is a dynamic situation where the mutations can easily render what is right today, wrong tomorrow. Just a thought. 

regarding your last sentence - it’s the reason I tend to use ‘wrong’ rather than wrong

pretty much no-one knows they’re right on most of these topics including the experts - we’re obviously allowed varying degrees of educated opinions just like lots of things where we don’t have an in depth knowledge

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Cheers, appreciate that, but I'm more than guilty of firing in with both feet too 😂😂

@sadj and I arrived at a decent place on the debate and I'm not actually sure we're that far apart on what we were covering, just coming at it from different angles 👍👍

👍

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, sadj said:

Gets tiring arguing with stupid (not Taffin) and Im a fiery ****er so not surprising that wires get crossed. Hopefully Taffin is aware it was a generalisation not a specific attack on them

sounds like this ones all turned out good in the end :)

7 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You think they changed it because they felt it was the right thing to do? 😆

I'm saying that voting for 2 directly opposing pieces of legislation isn't the same as an MP or party changing their position

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, JoeBugner2 said:

They really are not very similar at all.

as has been covered already, what about people who;

smoke

drink

shag about

take drugs

eat sugar

eat salt

eat foods high in fat/cholesterol 

get stressed

they all draw on NHS resource, they also all pay for theat NHS resource directly or indirectly.

Every time I hear an anti-vaxxer banging on I'm reminded of Francis Begbie 'no way would I poison my body wi that shite'

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

fatties (however that’s actually defined) spread the virus more than the thinner ones

its a scientific fact - or was at some stage and probably still is

stand next to a fatty you’re  at bigger risk (assuming all other things equal)

further reduce the risk remove the fatties

Their disproportionate use of the health service leading to lack of resources elsewhere is also true but a separate issue

not that I would endorse using these facts to restrict the fatties but can see it happening :(

53 minutes ago, sadj said:

mackerel i cant stand but yeah its a good thing to get in your diet. I was being crude James rather than speaking about meat i was talking about meat. Im disappointed you never saw that. Your sense of humour with quips like that and your quick witted responses are usually pretty good. 

You are a card aren’t you Joseph , Fat and Unvaxxed should both have restrictshoons but they shouldnt have restrictshoons , well fat should but not unvaxxed cause restrictshoons kennn.

Obesity needs tackled but is a very different debate to unvaxxed people putting you and your family at risk. The “fat” people are not directly putting you at risk to you by standing next to you. Unless….you are wittering on wi the stuff you do on here and they punch you. 

was only just in my teens when The White Room came oot….So my childhood 🖕🏻🤣

I knew what you meant I was being coy 😎 yes “ justified and ancient “ was one of my favourites back in the day ! Great times 👍

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Where’s wee Wisey??

86DE6E04-47E9-4F02-9436-C3ED875BE00A.png

UK Column is only on Mon/Wed/Fri 

He'll be back tomorrow with the latest download from Brian Gerrish

All for only £3 a month. 

Bargain 👍

38 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

fatties (however that’s actually defined) spread the virus more than the thinner ones

its a scientific fact - or was at some stage and probably still is

stand next to a fatty you’re  at bigger risk (assuming all other things equal)

further reduce the risk remove the fatties

Their disproportionate use of the health service leading to lack of resources elsewhere is also true but a separate issue

not that I would endorse using these facts to restrict the fatties but can see it happening :(

This just keeps being ignored over and over again. 

"Them unvaccinated are selfish and spread the virus more"

"So do those with a high BMI AGE, in fact the young are least likely to spread it which happen to make up most of the unvaccinated"

***fingers in ears***

"Lalalalalalalala, please allow me to ignore your point...it was the wrong science which told you that"

😂😂

Edited by Taffin

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

This just keeps being ignored over and over again. 

"Them unvaccinated are selfish and spread the virus more"

"So do those with a high BMI AGE, in fact the young are least likely to spread it which happen to make up most of the unvaccinated"

***fingers in ears***

"Lalalalalalalala, please allow me to ignore your point...it was the wrong science which told you that"

😂😂

Can you imagine the aerosols being expelled by the rather portly gentlemen of advancing years struggling their way up to the back of the wheatfield pie and bovril in hand

Follow the science