Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

3 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Boab I think the choice was to make up a figure or shut it down completely. Having it in place across the board would, as sadj says have placed a huge financial burden on lots of places. How they get to the numbers is another matter.

Of course, mate. I’ve tried to keep it in the context of football as that is why the thread was started. The hospitality situation moves into even more bonkers territory !

You could leave a heaving pub with 300 in it with no checks and have to provide a passport to go into a nightclub with the same number.

Cuckoo !

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambof3tornado

I assume this wont force players to get vaccinated as they are at a place of work.

I'd really like the club to push getting the vaccine,players make good role models.

Get yer bloomin jag folks,its only a wee prick.

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Well a vaccine designed to reduce people's symptoms but hasn't moved the dial on the ratio of those who catch asymptomatically doesn't sounds like it works very well.

Alternatively you're wrong and it's moved that dial and is no longer 1 in 3.

Is the vaccine meant to reduce the number of symptoms or the severity of the symptoms? I would say it's the latter so doesn't reduce the number with symptoms.

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

Of course, mate. I’ve tried to keep it in the context of football as that is why the thread was started. The hospitality situation moves into even more bonkers territory !

You could leave a heaving pub with 300 in it with no checks and have to provide a passport to go into a nightclub with the same number.

Cuckoo !

I think that'll be why they're struggling with defining a nightclub.

On the football front I was meaning making it across the board would make it impossible for the diddy teams to operate.

19 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I assume this wont force players to get vaccinated as they are at a place of work.

I'd really like the club to push getting the vaccine,players make good role models.

Get yer bloomin jag folks,its only a wee prick.

You should be the voice of the new campaign, there might be a vacancy since the eloquent Jadey Godley might be getting the boot 🥾 your can easily step in her boots 

27 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Is the vaccine meant to reduce the number of symptoms or the severity of the symptoms? I would say it's the latter so doesn't reduce the number with symptoms.

'How efficacious is the vaccine?

The Pfizer BioNTech vaccine against COVID-19 has an efficacy of 95% against symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection.'

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-can-take-the-pfizer-biontech-covid-19--vaccine

My understanding is you catch and spread a virus and develop a disease. So I read the link above as the vaccine is 95% effective at preventing an infection with Sars-Cov 2  becoming symptomatic.

Edit: the alternative of course is that it prevents you catching it rather than you catching it asymptomatically but I'm sure there would be a lot less cases if it was 95% effective at prevent you catching it and thus spreading it in the first place.

The usage of Covid to mean the virus and/or the disease has confused me no amount since the start of this so happy (delighted in fact) if someone can clear the above up for me.

I'd just find it utterly staggering if the existing vaccines hadn't increased the ratio of those catching the virus being asymptomatic. I'm staggered a lot though, so may very well be wrong.

Edited by Taffin

Jambof3tornado
52 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You should be the voice of the new campaign, there might be a vacancy since the eloquent Jadey Godley might be getting the boot 🥾 your can easily step in her boots 

Cant do that, think I may have called a few folk c u next Tuesdays historically on JKB, if it all came out I'd be ruined!!

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Cant do that, think I may have called a few folk c u next Tuesdays historically on JKB, if it all came out I'd be ruined!!

Lol 😂 

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not if they (me) actually are c u next Tuesdays.

joondalupjambo

Folk who do not have smart phones, or smart phones that cannot do the job better get asking for their certificates to get sent if it takes up to 14 days to receive them, according to the NHS Scotland site.  October 2nd is not that far off and if there is a big demand then who knows what will happen, could be delays getting them out.  

Just found out that my smart phone isnae that smart because it will not allow the download due to it's ancient operating system.  New phone incoming:lol:

Edited by joondalupjambo

1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

Folk who do not have smart phones, or smart phones that cannot do the job better get asking for their certificates to get sent if it takes up to 14 days to receive them, according to the NHS Scotland site.  October 2nd is not that far off and if there is a big demand then who knows what will happen, could be delays getting them out.  

Just found out that my smart phone isnae that smart because it will not allow the download due to it's ancient operating system.  New phone incoming:lol:

Several has said they received there's within a couple of days, I think mine was within a week. They're going to be busy now though.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Not if they (me) actually are c u next Tuesdays.

Always called it as I've seen it, few bans gathered en route lol.

joondalupjambo
1 minute ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Several has said they received there's within a couple of days, I think mine was within a week. They're going to be busy now though.

Imagine the rage if the SG say sorry shortage of HGV drivers could not take the letters to the post depot, then the post depot say shortage of staff so canny sort them and then the posties themselves are all off after being pinged :lol: Folk would be going rage the nearer it gets to the Motherwell game.  As you say though think at the moment all well with timescales.

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I doubt many of the cabinet have ever been out for a drink, let alone out their minds while trying to pull some drunk uni fresher before topping off the night by munching a kebab in a bus stop at 4am then spewing the whole lot back up at 4.05am. 

At least go-getters like Michael Gove are out there on fact-finding missions.

That sounds like some of the pubs I’ve been in back in the day never mind nightclubs !

In saying that, surely most of them went tonto at the Student’s Union ?

My more intelligent mate used to get us in when he was at Uni ! A bit of rough for the Uni girls ! 😂

49 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Got mine after a few days.

4 minutes ago, escobri said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/st-mirren-boss-jim-goodwin-24946985

Apologies for source of link. Could football save the day from nippy the tyrant?

Where have we seen that before? 🤔🤔 

I’m sure the Daily Record also have articles being positive about its introduction? 

3 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Get yer passports oot lads and lassies. (If you want a social life) 

Yes: 68

No: 55

Do you know what the amendments were , it was interesting that Baillie n Ross’s were 68-55 , Cole-Hamiltons 68-33 and 22abstentions (assume all of Labour?)

Edited by sadj

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Do you know what the amendments were , it was interesting that Baillie n Ross’s were 68-55 , Cole-Hamiltons 68-33 and 22abstentions (assume all of Labour?)

No but if Ross's had been voted through then Swinney's wouldn't even have went to a vote. 

Queues to get into grounds are bad enough at times, Dundee Utd a few weeks being a prime example.

Adding this into the mix will only make things worse.

1 minute ago, Awbdy Oot said:

No but if Ross's had been voted through then Swinney's wouldn't even have went to a vote. 

Yeah i know that , Ross’s was clearly we don’t need it even though i voted for it in England 

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, sadj said:

Yeah i know that , Ross’s was clearly we don’t need it even though i voted for it in England 

What a clown.

Just now, 8skacel8 said:

Queues to get into grounds are bad enough at times, Dundee Utd a few weeks being a prime example.

Adding this into the mix will only make things worse.

Don’t start this again 🙈 With proper organisation it won’t. Again not going through it all again but there are so many ways to make it a straightforward process

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a clown.

I could about hack Davidson , she at least had a personality. Ross is an absolute walloper. Oozes the same shit that Bowie does

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Don’t start this again 🙈 With proper organisation it won’t. Again not going through it all again but there are so many ways to make it a straightforward process

The SPFL have released a statement to say they want spot checks rather than everyone being checked. They see this as being an issue also.

Just now, 8skacel8 said:

The SPFL have released a statement to say they want spot checks rather than everyone being checked. They see this as being an issue also.

The SPFL couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery and are clueless but this you think they will have thought through for everyone as opposed to what suits Rangers and Celtic?

You can moan and complain all ya want it really doesn't have to be difficult. the small number of people who havent access/cant use tech you need to devote a small amount of time too the rest can be done with scans either joined to your ticket or ST or with a separate scan before entering the area of the Turnstiles. Its such a simplistic thing to implement. 

For those who want to try and argue about Ticketmaster - I have never used them - we use Skiddle. Skiddle have a back door where promoters can enter and set say conditions of purchase. It would be very easy to add an additional part requiring your QR Code as a condition of purchase. You would assume Ticketmaster have the same thing

22 minutes ago, Frank said:

This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but a whimper.

Oh well, never really liked football anyway.

Sounds more like a whine than a whimper to me

15 minutes ago, sadj said:

The SPFL couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery and are clueless but this you think they will have thought through for everyone as opposed to what suits Rangers and Celtic?

You can moan and complain all ya want it really doesn't have to be difficult. the small number of people who havent access/cant use tech you need to devote a small amount of time too the rest can be done with scans either joined to your ticket or ST or with a separate scan before entering the area of the Turnstiles. Its such a simplistic thing to implement. 

For those who want to try and argue about Ticketmaster - I have never used them - we use Skiddle. Skiddle have a back door where promoters can enter and set say conditions of purchase. It would be very easy to add an additional part requiring your QR Code as a condition of purchase. You would assume Ticketmaster have the same thing

I'm not moaning, I'm just being realistic. Wait and see the chaos this will cause at the first home game after it comes into play. You may say people will just need to arrive earlier etc but that doesn't happen.

It also will have an impact on the club financially as not everyone will be double vaccinated and therefore wont be able to attend home games. The club will then take the flak from some fans for this, even though its out with their control.

From a personal point of view, it doesn't effect me, I have been double vaccinated and already have my vaccine passport.

Do you reckon Hearts have the technology to add your vaccine confirmation to their database? As a ST holder, it would be a pain in the arse to have to produce evidence each and every time I visit Tynie. Couldn’t we just email Hearts the confirmation once, and that would be us sorted? 

Edited to add…apologies if this has been asked somewhere in the previous 44 pages, but this is my first visit to this thread 👍🏼

Edited by Mr Sifter

Just now, 8skacel8 said:

I'm not moaning, I'm just being realistic. Wait and see the chaos this will cause at the first home game after it comes into play. You may say people will just need to arrive earlier etc but that doesn't happen.

It also will have an impact on the club financially as not everyone will be double vaccinated and therefore wont be able to attend home games. The club will then take the flak from some fans for this, even though its out with their control.

From a personal point of view, it doesn't effect me, I have been double vaccinated and already have my vaccine passport.

I havent said people will need to arrive earlier a lot of footie fans already have the attitude i can turn up at 2.55 and be in and seated for 3. Then blame the club that they aren’t. Out of 20000 how many will be non vaxxed in total and not in an exempt group. Wouldn’t imagine too many tbh. 

Implementing the passports alongside your ticket is the easiest way. Game 1 might be a pain in the arse if they dont pre-empt things by allowing you to link your ST but there is no excuse and no reason it should negatively impact times for getting into stadiums unless looking for a reason to object to this. 

Its in now its up to clubs and SPFL to ensure its implemented easily. 3weeks is a lot of time in the working world

4 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Do you reckon Hearts have the technology to add your vaccine confirmation to their database? As a ST holder, it would be a pain in the arse to have to produce evidence each and every time I visit Tynie. Couldn’t we just email Hearts the confirmation once, and that would be us sorted? 

Edited to add…apologies if this has been asked somewhere in the previous 44 pages, but this is my first visit to this thread 👍🏼

I said this the other day , there is no reason why they shouldn’t be able to deactivate a ST and when they receive the QR Code and its checked attach it and reactivate the ST. As mentioned a couple of posts ago there should be a backdoor on ticketmaster to add conditions of purchase we have it on Skiddle and you would imagine they’d be able to put something together asap as that will affect a lot of their clients

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

working in conjunction with Dell they may be better equipped than almost all other clubs in the country 

34 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Problem with that is that some who test positive might fancy their chances of not being checked.

48 minutes ago, sadj said:

Labour and the Tories voted for them in England.