Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

Tell you what, it would be some film plot though. The world is under threat from a shadowy alliance of lefty paedos and nefarious Chinese agents who combine to release a deadly virus and keep the population under thrall. Or did they? Is the virus deadly? Or even a virus?

Only the foondy class can see through the lies.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before
Just now, sadj said:

Ach leave them too it. This threads off the rails hilarious , its just adding to the hilarity reading the justification of it. 

See the thing is the 'justification' of why it wouldnt be as easy as your claiming was laid bare. You just didnt want to see it so blankly ignored it.

The hilarious part is you saying the same thing over and over cause it makes it right in your head then running off playing the victim lying about the bad boys calling you names

Most folk generally leave that behind in the Primary school playground.

been here before
3 minutes ago, kila said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b761106acf551840e766a05

Logistically speaking theres no reason that couldnt live and thrive outside the environs of this thread.

The only people not seeing that are those looking to cause a scene.

Anyone disagrees with me Ill just repeat that. Because the experiences and practicalities of real life coupled with human nature mean diddly squat.

3 minutes ago, escobri said:

In near future some people will be triple jagged,if certificates are required will the double jagged be  locked out? It's happening elsewhere.

Top up/booster for those with weakened immune systems. Also the flu vaccine programme is underway, hopefully we keep a lid on that early.

It wouldn't surprise me if the vaccine passport requirement for some events was dropped if there isn't a sharp rise in hospitalisations as we head towards winter. You won't be locked out forever.

1 minute ago, kila said:

Top up/booster for those with weakened immune systems. Also the flu vaccine programme is underway, hopefully we keep a lid on that early.

It wouldn't surprise me if the vaccine passport requirement for some events was dropped if there isn't a sharp rise in hospitalisations as we head towards winter. You won't be locked out forever.

I won't be locked out. 

59 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m gonna call these new accounts a TH trollathon…

Amirite??😃

Oooo contentious 🤣🤣 

Edited by sadj

12 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Some interesting reading but once the politicians debate this will we not just end up with you can get into the games with evidence of double jags or a negative test taken within the last 48 hours?

That is the out for politicians up here in Scotland is it not? It will be more acceptable to the chamber and takes away all the us and them.

It's the perfect solution imo and one that never needed moving away from. Vax or negative test worked just fine and dandy at the test events in England. 

37 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's the perfect solution imo and one that never needed moving away from. Vax or negative test worked just fine and dandy at the test events in England. 

Welsh festival had similar entry requirements,  now 70 cases linked to the event shows it doesn't stop the spread,  granted can't really compare tynie to a music festival. 

1 minute ago, escobri said:

Welsh festival had similar entry requirements,  now 70 cases linked to the event shows it doesn't stop the spread,  granted can't really compare tynie to a music festival. 

You'd need to compare that festival to one that only accepted double vaccination to see which was the most effective.

There will always be people who get around it (either form of passport) and there will always be people who were exempt and there will always be double vaccinated people spreading it too. 70 cases from a festival sounds like a pretty good outcome tbh. There will be more hospitalisations from over exuberance and general slips, trips and falls at the festival I'd imagine.

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You'd need to compare that festival to one that only accepted double vaccination to see which was the most effective.

There will always be people who get around it (either form of passport) and there will always be people who were exempt and there will always be double vaccinated people spreading it too. 70 cases from a festival sounds like a pretty good outcome tbh. There will be more hospitalisations from over exuberance and general slips, trips and falls at the festival I'd imagine.

There was a concerning article from Reading festival where a large number of positive tests were found discarded outside, and I think there was a suggestion people were getting others to take the test for them to get around it.

10 hours ago, thewiseone said:

I don't think you understand how it works, Best stick to mainstream. Afterall to get this far down the road and still support it you've got to be of a certain type. Stick to the narrative it's a lot safer! 

Rather than debate the point you resort to insults

11 hours ago, thewiseone said:

I don't think you understand how it works, Best stick to mainstream. Afterall to get this far down the road and still support it you've got to be of a certain type. Stick to the narrative it's a lot safer! 

To get that far down the road I think there needs to be a couple of screws loose :laugh: do you hear rattling sounds when you sway your head much?

Edited by kila

The Mighty Thor

See the one thing that I've always wondered about all these websites and 'freedom fighting' truth outlets, how are they monetised?

Generally where there's someone shining the torch of truth on the deep state government and big pharma stitch up jobs there's dollar to be made, particularly when there's a huge number of willing gullible individuals swallowing their fabricated bullshit hook line and sinker.

I'll not be shocked to learn that your man running UK column is making bank. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

See the one thing that I've always wondered about all these websites and 'freedom fighting' truth outlets, how are they monetised?

Generally where there's someone shining the torch of truth on the deep state government and big pharma stitch up jobs there's dollar to be made, particularly when there's a huge number of willing gullible individuals swallowing their fabricated bullshit hook line and sinker.

Should the last two words be barking mad?

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Should the last two words be barking mad?

I think the people running those sites are well clued up as Thor mentions.  Its the seriously disturbed followers that get hooked in who need to seek help.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, frankblack said:

I think the people running those sites are well clued up as Thor mentions.  Its the seriously disturbed followers that get hooked in who need to seek help.

👍

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

There was a concerning article from Reading festival where a large number of positive tests were found discarded outside, and I think there was a suggestion people were getting others to take the test for them to get around it.

I'd imagine it was rife.

Equally it will have prevented some people who were positive from attending who may very well also have been double vaccinated and without that measure would have attended.

As I say, until we can compare the cases resultant events that are using no restrictions, negative test as an option and only double vaccination passports we'll not really know which is most effective.

I went to a wedding a few weeks back and they asked for an LFT to be taken before hand, it weeded out 2 people who were positive. A double vaccine only approach may well have seen them there.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Oh for sure.

I liken them to American TV evangelists. Spewing out utter shite about how you should live your life and how i'll hook you up with the sky fairy of choice if you send dollars to 1-800 talks bollocks. 

I wouldn't even be surprised to find that the gobshite running UK column has probably been double jabbed. 

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd imagine it was rife.

Equally it will have prevented some people who were positive from attending who may very well also have been double vaccinated and without that measure would have attended.

As I say, until we can compare the cases resultant events that are using no restrictions, negative test as an option and only double vaccination passports we'll not really know which is most effective.

I went to a wedding a few weeks back and they asked for an LFT to be taken before hand, it weeded out 2 people who were positive. A double vaccine only approach may well have seen them there.

Your last paragraph is telling as regards this latest proposal for events.

Simply, a double vax approach will not stop transmission. 
It may sound naive, but it’s back to trust. You’re relying on people taking LFT’s before they head to a big event.

Not everyone will do it but if it means no more restrictions, most, surely, will comply.

13 minutes ago, Boab said:

Your last paragraph is telling as regards this latest proposal for events.

Simply, a double vax approach will not stop transmission. 
It may sound naive, but it’s back to trust. You’re relying on people taking LFT’s before they head to a big event.

Not everyone will do it but if it means no more restrictions, most, surely, will comply.

I'd imagine the vast majority won't continue or start to test. Afterall the narrative is that vaccination was the way out of this and the consequence of a vaccine passport is that people will now think "I'm double vaccinated and that's all that matters".  I mean, if a vaccine passport is enough because of its effectiveness for you to be allowed to attend mass events, what would you be testing yourself for right? 

A passport based on a recent negative test and/or double vaccination removed any ill-feeling around coercion of vaccination as well as legitimately reducing the likelihood of positive attendees at events. Why would they take that option away?

I'd imagine, cost.

Vaccine c.£40 cost to double vaccinated someone (unit cost only admittedly)

LFT - Unconfirmed but I read on article that estimated it to be c.£8 per test. Flown in from China and not recyclable. That adds up rapidly as you attend events. Its a huge ongoing cost 

That, couple with the increased chances of a vaccine passport hardening the resistance of what is a relatively small amount of unvaccinated people anyway, but also focused on specific minority groups disproportionately, I'd be asking the question, is there actually any clear proof that Vaccination Only Passports will make events safer?

Even putting aside my philosophical/political opposition to it, I'd argue no. Like masks, it's a cost control measure and a comfort blanket. 

Edited by Taffin

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

There was a documentary on just a month or two ago, probably panorama or dispatches, it was mentioned on the main coronavirus thread, anyway it started about Andrew Wakefield and how he's made millions in America.  Then it went on about some of the other people in that circle, who advocate bleach to flush out autism in children and others who are prominant amongst the conspiracy crowd.  As usual they have a 'cure' for covid-19, buy it now only $99 for 25 tablets and thousands do just that, they buy these fake remedies.

One guy was selling chlorine swimming pool cleaner and another wrote to facebook after they had removed his page for spreading mis-information about covid, and pleaded with them to open it back up as it was his only source of income, which made him tens of thousands of dollars a month. It wasn't about the 'truth' it was all about the money, that's all this guy cared about, the money.

You mention TV evangelists, it's the same principal, they prey on the gullible, the desperate & the fearful and tell them what they want to hear, whilst pushing their own product or service.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I'd imagine the vast majority won't continue or start to test. Afterall the narrative is that vaccination was the way out of this and the consequence of a vaccine passport is that people will now think "I'm double vaccinated and that's all that matters".  I mean, if a vaccine passport is enough because of its effectiveness for you to be allowed to attend mass events, what would you be testing yourself for right? 

A passport based on a recent negative test and/or double vaccination removed any ill-feeling around coercion of vaccination as well as legitimately reducing the likelihood of positive attendees at events. Why would they take that option away?

I'd imagine, cost.

Vaccine c.£40 cost to double vaccinated someone (unit cost only admittedly)

LFT - Unconfirmed but I read on article that estimated it to be c.£8 per test. Flown in from China and not recyclable.

That, couple with the increased chances of a vaccine passport hardening the resistance of what is a relatively small amount of unvaccinated people anyway, but also focused on specific minority groups disproportionately, I'd be asking the question, is there actually any clear proof that Vaccination Only Passports will make events safer?

Even putting aside my philosophical/political opposition to it, I'd argue no. Like masks, it's a cost control measure and a comfort blanket. 

I agree they have to do something to ensure that events continue. 
I can’t see cases going down if large events only require proof of vaccination.

As I say, they have to rely on the attendees doing the simple things to prevent transmission. Those things are far easier than what’s being proposed.

It’s the balance. 
The vast majority of people attending Tynecastle will be double jabbed. The U18s and those against vaccination will, IMO, be a small minority. If they follow the simple rules while in attendance, a passport system seems unnecessary really.

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

There was a documentary on just a month or two ago, probably panorama or dispatches, it was mentioned on the main coronavirus thread, anyway it started about Andrew Wakefield and how he's made millions in America.  Then it went on about some of the other people in that circle, who advocate bleach to flush out autism in children and others who are prominant amongst the conspiracy crowd.  As usual they have a 'cure' for covid-19, buy it now only $99 for 25 tablets and thousands do just that, they buy these fake remedies.

One guy was selling chlorine swimming pool cleaner and another wrote to facebook after they had removed his page for spreading mis-information about covid, and pleaded with them to open it back up as it was his only source of income, which made him tens of thousands of dollars a month. It wasn't about the 'truth' it was all about the money, that's all this guy cared about, the money.

You mention TV evangelists, it's the same principal, they prey on the gullible, the desperate & the fearful and tell them what they want to hear, whilst pushing their own product or service.

The only enlightening is the lightening off pockets.

Same as it ever was.

14 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

One prominent critical thinking poster conspicuous by his absence and not 1, not 2, but shree mentalists appear.

:levein_interesting:

I too have noticed this. 

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I take offence that misgendering is on that list. 

😂😂 I like these wee bits at the end ! 

28 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Anyway here’s the good news from yesterday 

FBE8A661-9C2E-4121-BAFD-E8AD5A36D55D.jpeg

E3004FBC-251C-4A4E-80F1-951D67E80AAC.png

BDFC9823-C20F-438D-B7F5-8EBD04423EED.png

At the start of the vaccine rollout, when Covid deaths were at their highest, there were 1800 deaths in a single day, which is more than all those in the graphics added together.

Good work highlighting how effective vaccination is. 👍

5 minutes ago, Beni said:

At the start of the vaccine rollout, when Covid deaths were at their highest, there were 1800 deaths in a single day, which is more than all those in the graphics added together.

Yes they are effective but try telling that to some of the doom mongers 

9 minutes ago, Beni said:

Therein lies the rub - the better we do, the more the anti-whatever mob seize upon it - LOOK it's not that bad.

The stats were "compiled" by one of that mob, incidentally - though I've no doubt whatsoever that the OP checked the veracity of the figures before posting them. :thumbsup:

Was just reading some Brooklyn Nine Nine stuff on the olde Twatter. Which led to read to scrolling through Joel McKinnon Millers timeline which led me on to things like Invermectin and more insanity at a level not even reached by some of the more ardent of objectors on here. Thank **** we arent living in Texas or Florida 😑

43 minutes ago, sadj said:

Was just reading some Brooklyn Nine Nine stuff on the olde Twatter. Which led to read to scrolling through Joel McKinnon Millers timeline which led me on to things like Invermectin and more insanity at a level not even reached by some of the more ardent of objectors on here. Thank **** we arent living in Texas or Florida 😑

I came across one of these invermectin guys today, he was on about how immigrants are being given it but actual Americans are being prevented from taking it. "They" want Americans dead and immigrants in, apparently.

Oh, and the virus isn't real anyway. He didn't answer why he thought taking invermicten was important if it isn't real 🤔

56 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Therein lies the rub - the better we do, the more the anti-whatever mob seize upon it - LOOK it's not that bad.

The stats were "compiled" by one of that mob, incidentally - though I've no doubt whatsoever that the OP checked the veracity of the figures before posting them. :thumbsup:

Said it many times on here. The nearer we get to normality the more rabid they become. Sad/funny at the same time. Having said that, our resident anti-vaxxers/lockdown/passports don't lay a glove on our new qanon nutters

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I came across one of these invermectin guys today, he was on about how immigrants are being given it but actual Americans are being prevented from taking it. "They" want Americans dead and immigrants in, apparently.

Oh, and the virus isn't real anyway. He didn't answer why he thought taking invermicten was important if it isn't real 🤔

Its for want of a better word “****ing mental” was reading about how hospitals are backed up with patients who have overdosed on it. 😑

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

The only people questioning the efficacy of the vaccines are the anti vaxx bams who you were siding with earlier.

Edited by Ray Gin

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeh, that usually gets them, if covid is fake then why are they taking a supposed anti-covid drug.

10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I'll be happy knowing if that I have to go into hospital that everyone working g there will have been vaccinated.   

They are predicting over 2000 workers leaving, I'm not sure the figures will be anywhere near that. 

You think if that Facebook group 'nhs workers for choice' all leave, it's complete curtains for the NHS?  

And it's the pro vaccinated that are using fear tactics?  

6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The only people questioning the efficacy of the vaccines are the anti vaxx bams who you were siding with earlier.

He posts something saying bang goes the nhs while accusing others of being doom mongers.  

25 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

He posts something saying bang goes the nhs while accusing others of being doom mongers.  

As I've said his credibility on this and the Covid thread is in tatters with all the contradictions and u-turns.  No point wasting any time on him.

27 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

DE535A75-762C-411E-BB86-0C3A41ED7936.gif

looks like the poster boy ( country )for vaccinations isn’t doing too great . They are now thinking of a 4th jab . Coming our way soon 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9959811/Israel-planning-administer-FOURTH-Covid-vaccine-adjusted-fight-new-variants.html

Flip flop within a matter of minutes.