SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Tories/unionists care about junkies. That’s the funniest shit😂

Nobody should get a penny for anything up here according to them most of the time. 
Scroll back a few messages about trying to even give our youth a bus pass🤣

No!  I think the funniest shit is you genuinely believing the snp actually do care for junkies.  The snp record speaks for itself, so they most obviously do not.  

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

No!  I think the funniest shit is you genuinely believing the snp actually do care for junkies.  The snp record speaks for itself, so they most obviously do not.  

Mate I don’t care a shiny shite about junkies. I don’t care a monkeys. 
Far more deserving people and things to be spending money on.

The fact people go on about it cos it’s the current stick is desperate. 
Nobody should get anything up here according to unionists but start throwing money at junkies? 
It’s hilarious. 

Edited by jack D and coke

5 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Naw

"The Scottish Government’s Minister for Drug Policy, Angela Constance MSP" 

Obviously doesn't do very much 

What do you mean "Naw"? She has no power to change the drugs laws.

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Mate I don’t care a shiny shite about junkies. I don’t care a monkeys. 
Far more deserving people and things to be spending money on.

The fact people go on about it cos it’s the current stick is desperate. 
Nobody should get anything up here according to unionists but start throwing money at junkies? 
It’s hilarious. 

Indeed

5dQU1Hy.gif

8 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Where have I ever used the word 'myth?'   I am asking you to explain what drugs laws you mean?  Misuse of Drugs Act?  If so, how does this act contribute to the size of Scotland's drugs death toll?   It is national, not just Scottish  legislation.

Because countries like Portugal, Austria, Netherlands and Switzerland have shown that decriminalisation can drastically reduce the number of people injecting drugs.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Said it before but Nicola Sturgeon and Her Ministers arent serious about independence but see it as a carrot to keep the brain dead morons voting them into their well paid job.

Sadly i agree. These folk have their noses firmly in the trough. 

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Because countries like Portugal, Austria, Netherlands and Switzerland have shown that decriminalisation can drastically reduce the number of people injecting drugs.

Not being a resident of these countries, but how does decriminalising the use of heroin, reduce the number of people injecting heroin?   

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Not being a resident of these countries, but how does decriminalising the use of heroin, reduce the number of people injecting heroin?   

Because you treat it properly as a health crisis. But as you can see from previous posts folk don't care about that only defending the SNP at all costs. It's bizarre. 

11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

What do you mean "Naw"? She has no power to change the drugs laws.

So what is the point of having  "The Scottish Government’s Minister for Drug Policy, Angela Constance MSP" 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Because you treat it properly as a health crisis. But as you can see from previous posts folk don't care about that only defending the SNP at all costs. It's bizarre. 

As you rightly say, it is a health crisis.  Can you tell me who is responsible for 'Health' matters in Scotland?  Is that a devolved issue?

Just now, Jamstomorrow said:

For example, with decriminalisation the government could invest in to create "safe injection rooms", where junkies get clean needles and can be under medical supervision without fear of prosecution. They can also get counselling and the support they need there to stop. This is something the SNP wants to do but BoJo says no.

Not having a criminal record for drug use also means people are less likely to turn to hard drugs.

As you rightly say, it is a health crisis.  Can you tell me who is responsible for 'Health' matters in Scotland?  Is that a devolved issue?

It shouldn't be debated in a point scoring manner. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Yet it is continually brought up by unionists in a point scoring manner. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

They’re funny guys tbh😂

The currency issue for me could be easily solved using unionist tears.
There’s going to be trillions. 

This is the downfall for gaining Independence in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

For example, with decriminalisation the government could invest in to create "safe injection rooms", where junkies get clean needles and can be under medical supervision without fear of prosecution. They can also get counselling and the support they need there to stop. This is something the SNP wants to do but BoJo says no.

Not having a criminal record for drug use also means people are less likely to turn to hard drugs.

So junkies cannot already get clean needles, swabs and other bits and pieces to inject themselves?   Can a drug abuser not already go to a recognised 'place of safety' to seek help for their addiction?   

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It absolutely shouldn’t and I was extremely crass in making my point. 
Absolutely anything that is paid for by the SG is heavily criticised yet they’re advocating throwing money at junkies?

I’m sorry I can’t take that seriously at all. 

31 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Spend mare oan junkies 🤣🤣

Soart it oot🤣🤣

Might need to spend something like 20 years in Afghanistan to persuade them to stop producing the 90% world supply of heroin.

Worth a try. 

8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Since when was simple truth and fact, point scoring?   I will give you a clue . . . when it does not suit the blinkered snp supporters' agenda.

It absolutely shouldn’t and I was extremely crass in making my point. 
Absolutely anything that is paid for by the SG is heavily criticised yet they’re advocating throwing money at junkies?

I’m sorry I can’t take that seriously at all. 

I get the strong feelings either side have but i've never understood supporting a political party like a football team. We need a proper response to helping junkies. Its far too simplistic to suggest they've chosen that way of life so **** them. 

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've been hearing those words for years and years.

Your hopes are going to be dashed yet again.

Nicola Sturgeon and Patrick Harvey won't lead you to Utopia :biggrin2:

Youll keep hearing them too. You can only lose going forward, and most of you already know that. 

Since when was simple truth and fact, point scoring?   I will give you a clue . . . when it does not suit the blinkered snp supporters' agenda.

It isn't an SNP exclusive problem. Are you suggesting England is drug problem free? 

1 minute ago, Savage Vince said:

Youll keep hearing them too. You can only lose going forward, and most of you already know that. 

I disagree. Brexit has certainly brought the currency problem into sharp focus. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

It isn't an SNP exclusive problem. Are you suggesting England is drug problem free? 

Well let me put is this way?  What country has been named the drug death capital of Europe?

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I get the strong feelings either side have but i've never understood supporting a political party like a football team. We need a proper response to helping junkies. Its far too simplistic to suggest they've chosen that way of life so **** them. 

I don’t support the SNP mate. I’ve voted for them but they’re like all the rest I’m well aware. They’re the vehicle atm. 
Ridiculous criticism I take issue with though. The drug problems need addressed. 

jack D and coke

Well let me put is this way?  What country has been named the drug death capital of Europe?

See when Edinburgh was aids capital in the late 80’s who was in power? Who’s fault was that?

2 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Is Scotland's drug policy devolved? 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

See when Edinburgh was aids capital in the late 80’s who was in power? Who’s fault was that?

The services provided by the health service in Scotland backed up by the voluntary sector, then the drugs industry to support people with HIV / AIDS were excellent.

Probably Conservatives and Labour.  I can't remember for sure, but sod all to do with who was in power.  Drug abusers who shared needles had a lot to do with it.  Hence the introduction of needle exchanges.  Homosexuals not using condoms, hence the free condoms.

jack D and coke
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

The services provided by the health service in Scotland backed up by the voluntary sector, then the drugs industry to support people with HIV / AIDS were excellent.

Was it I don’t know tbh. 
I mean people go on about these things though like it’s somebody’s fault. 
Scotland’s drink and drug problems run deep. 

Probably Conservatives and Labour.  I can't remember for sure, but sod all to do with who was in power.  Drug abusers who shared needles had a lot to do with it.  Hence the introduction of needle exchanges.  Homosexuals not using condoms, hence the free condoms.

Drug use has sod all to do with who is in power? Why are you blaming the snp then?

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t support the SNP mate. I’ve voted for them but they’re like all the rest I’m well aware. They’re the vehicle atm. 
Ridiculous criticism I take issue with though. The drug problems need addressed. 

Fully agree. And i understand the frustration you can get that discussing independence is met with the what about the drugs deaths. Well we might be able to do something about that in an Independent Scotland. 

jack D and coke

My point was it wasn’t their fault either. Scotland has old problems with drink and drugs. 

Created a hospice in Edinburgh and provided personal support and medical care including top services with top medical knowledge in a new medical area at the Western General. 

2 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

You are contradicting yourself here. 

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Is Scotland's drug policy devolved? 

The Scottish Government’s Minister for Drug Policy, Angela Constance MSP" 

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Drug use has sod all to do with who is in power? Why are you blaming the snp then?

Because it is a health matter and is not a new issue.  AIDS was a new disease when it first arrived.

The Scottish Government’s Minister for Drug Policy, Angela Constance MSP" 

Yes i understand that. But you need a UK wide radical change in order to tackle it. 

The Real Maroonblood

Not trolling at all. 7 years since Krankie took over and how many general and Scottish elections has she won? Yet still no date for indy ref 2. Gullible fools. 

:rofl:

Krankie that says it all.

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Yes i understand that. But you need a UK wide radical change in order to tackle it. 

Surely not if it can be seen as a devolved health issue?

Surely not if it can be seen as a devolved health issue?

Yes but we've never addressed it in such a manner because we never have a proper debate on it. We've absolutely no chance ever under a conservative government. 

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Yet it is continually brought up by unionists in a point scoring manner. 

I am not a unionist and I brought it up earlier. You don’t have to be a unionist to notice the complete failings of the current incumbents of the Scottish government. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Was it I don’t know tbh. 
I mean people go on about these things though like it’s somebody’s fault. 
Scotland’s drink and drug problems run deep. 

They are 

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Fully agree. And i understand the frustration you can get that discussing independence is met with the what about the drugs deaths. Well we might be able to do something about that in an Independent Scotland. 

Whats stopping them from doing something  about it now? Health is a devolved issue in Scotland 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

They are 

Whats stopping them from doing something  about it now? Health is a devolved issue in Scotland 

The drug laws aren’t. Something needs to happen though. 
I believe the way we count them is slightly different too IIRC. If you die and are found with drugs in your system it goes down as a drug death whether it’s killed you or not. 

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

They are 

Because it’s an incredible shift in policy and one that you’d need Health, Drug, Law and others all to come together to make it a reality. You would also have to get a lot of people onside to even have a chance. 

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Because it’s an incredible shift in policy and one that you’d need Health, Drug, Law and others all to come together to make it a reality. You would also have to get a lot of people onside to even have a chance. 

It would certainly be an incredible shift in policy from doing next to nothing to helping cut drug deaths here. 

However

"The Scottish Government’s Minister for Drug Policy, Angela Constance, MSP" 

and

"The Scottish Government's Minister of Health and Social Care, Yumsa Yousaf, MSP"

will no doubt earn their corn and get it sorted.

It would certainly be an incredible shift in policy from doing next to nothing to helping cut drug deaths here. 

However

"The Scottish Government’s Minister for Drug Policy, Angela Constance, MSP" 

and

"The Scottish Government's Minister of Health and Social Care, Yumsa Yousaf, MSP"

will no doubt earn their corn and get it sorted.

And you don’t think there would be opposition to decriminalisation of all drugs? 

Ainsley Harriott
3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

Krankie that says it all.

3 general elections and 2 Scottish elections she has used to claim a mandate for independence yet still no date? How can this be? 

Ainsley Harriott

Could the SNPs Shona Robinson cutting drug and alcohol rehab budgets by 22% in 2016 have had a detrimental effect on drug deaths? 

The Mighty Thor

3 general elections and 2 Scottish elections she has used to claim a mandate for independence yet still no date? How can this be? 

wait, do you actually think the only reason the SNP gets returned in record numbers is down to 'freeeeedom'?

No seriously, is that what you think?