Jump to content

SNP and Greens coalition.


ri Alban
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You either have class or not . Money. Cant buy it . Perfect example is someone like Cilla Black . Sending a child to private school doesn’t mean than are any better than public educated kids . Just means they probably have better chances to “succeed “ ,in life . That ofcourse depends on how One Evaluates adult success . 

 

 

What did Cilla Black do?

 

How do you evaluate adult success as a matter of interest? I get its a very individual thing, just interested. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • jonesy

    188

  • jack D and coke

    177

  • Smithee

    174

  • JudyJudyJudy

    314

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

 

How do you evaluate adult success as a matter of interest? 

 

Peruvian flake and hookers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Peruvian flake and hookers.

I successed 12 years ago and have been on a steady decline ever since. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

 

 

What did Cilla Black do?

 

How do you evaluate adult success as a matter of interest? I get its a very individual thing, just interested. 

Oh she was a working class girl who became a Tory mouth piece at elections . She had zero class but plenty wealth . 
 

Adult success ? 
 

Probably working full time / part time . Self respect for yourself . if not able to work contributing something else to society 

 

Behind kind and concerned about others welfare and realising we are in the this together ( “ everything connects “) 

 

Bring involved in things which interest you and progress mankind . In particular climate issues 

Not doing time ! ( although some “ crimes “  or offences may be morally acceptable ( again depends on ones perspective and morality ) 


Supporting HMFC 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh she was a working class girl who became a Tory mouth piece at elections . She had zero class but plenty wealth . 
 

Adult success ? 
 

Probably working full time / part time . Self respect for yourself . if not able to work contributing something else to society 

 

Behind kind and concerned about others welfare and realising we are in the this together ( “ everything connects “) 

 

Bring involved in things which interest you and progress mankind . In particular climate issues 

Not doing time ! ( although some “ crimes “  or offences may be morally acceptable ( again depends on ones perspective and morality ) 


Supporting HMFC 

 

 

 

 

 

Fair enough on Cila Black, outside blind date and surprise surprise not a clue

 

Thanks for answer was just interested.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

 

Fair enough on Cila Black, outside blind date and surprise surprise not a clue

 

Thanks for answer was just interested.

 

 

My reply probably a bit flowery ! But basically being a good person as such. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

You either have class or not . Money. Cant buy it . Perfect example is someone like Cilla Black . Sending a child to private school doesn’t mean than are any better than public educated kids . Just means they probably have better chances to “succeed “ ,in life . That ofcourse depends on how One Evaluates adult success . 

👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sounds like a night out at the local😂

I had to Google that first part of his answer . I’m a wee bit naive at times 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

 

 

What did Cilla Black do?

 

How do you evaluate adult success as a matter of interest? I get its a very individual thing, just interested. 

That's actually a good question. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/08/2021 at 13:51, Enzo Chiefo said:

😂

Yes, but interfering with the law of supply and demand will not end well.

Landlords have huge overheads, repair bills, regulations to comply with, Council certificates to obtain, tax liabilities etc etc. Reducing their meagre gains may well force many just to sell the house and cash in that way.

 

Building affordable rented housing is the correct answer. 

 

An issue that shows the limits of the so called 'left of centre' Scottish Government. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Everyone favourite activists Greta Thunberg, questioning Scotland’s green credentials. 

 

Not just Scotland's, the entire global north. 

 

"No… I mean, there are some countries that do a bit more than certain others, but then if we look at it from a broader perspective then I think we can safely say there are no countries – at least in the global north – that are even doing close to what would be needed.”

Edited by Ray Gin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Everyone favourite activists Greta Thunberg, questioning Scotland’s green credentials. 

 

I like wee Greta.

It's important that idealists have a platform.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

I like wee Greta.

It's important that idealists have a platform.

She should join here. 

 

Some of her bat shit mental rants wouldn't even put her in the top 10 posters.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

She should join here. 

 

Some of her bat shit mental rants wouldn't even put her in the top 10 posters.  

 

Meh. It would do us all a spot of good if we could look at the world through her eyes for a spell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JudyJudyJudy
17 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Building affordable rented housing is the correct answer. 

 

An issue that shows the limits of the so called 'left of centre' Scottish Government. 

True “ affordable housing “ today is affordable to who exactly ? 

14 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

I like wee Greta.

It's important that idealists have a platform.

👍👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JudyJudyJudy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

I like wee Greta.

It's important that idealists have a platform.


I prefer her via the medium of fat boy slim tbh

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

A big thumbs doon from the Gretmeister for oor green fingered dream team. 

She’s an expert on global warming so fair enough.

:illogical:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

She’s an expert on global warming so fair enough.

:illogical:

 

 

The lassie knows her stuff true. Too much pungent hot air emanating from the dream team for her liking. Greta Nawberg. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jack D and coke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

True “ affordable housing “ today is affordable to who exactly ? 

👍👍

 

Council and Housing Association rents have gone up a bit in recent years. Not sure the average. But give people a decent security as well as more affordable for private rents. Other benefits too such as access to jobs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Eh…we’re no independent. 
It’s the U.K. who is extracting the oil. 
 

A73CA4A6-3C9E-47CC-88CB-3461BCEC3BBD.jpeg

 

No longer Scotland's oil. That immediately makes the Scottish Government green. Surprised Greta doesn't know that. What was the plan for independence in 2014?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Eh…we’re no independent. 
It’s the U.K. who is extracting the oil. 
 

A73CA4A6-3C9E-47CC-88CB-3461BCEC3BBD.jpeg

Scotland is still part of the U.K. so still have Some blame , or does Scotland only want to own up to the good things we do ? ( can’t really think of that many tbh currently ) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Council and Housing Association rents have gone up a bit in recent years. Not sure the average. But give people a decent security as well as more affordable for private rents. Other benefits too such as access to jobs 

Yes there has been a rise but still decent rents for those on lower incomes . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

No longer Scotland's oil. That immediately makes the Scottish Government green. Surprised Greta doesn't know that. What was the plan for independence in 2014?

We’ve never had control of the oil. Ever. 
After a Yes in 2014 we were still extracting it the headline would be correct. It’s not. 

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Scotland is still part of the U.K. so still have Some blame , or does Scotland only want to own up to the good things we do ? ( can’t really think of that many tbh currently ) 

The Scotsman’s headline is about Scotland not being green. We’ve never had any control of that oil. Ever. 

Edited by jack D and coke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

We’ve never had control of the oil. Ever. 
After a Yes in 2014 we were still extracting it the headline would be correct. It’s not. 

The Scotsman’s headline is about Scotland not being green. We’ve never had any control of that oil. Ever. 

 

Why did the SNP say 'its Scotland's oil's? 

 

Because they were interested in the environment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

We’ve never had control of the oil. Ever. 

The Scotsman’s headline is about Scotland not being green. We’ve never had any control of that oil. Ever. 

 

Or the price. Alba man's referendum white paper predicted £7.5bn for 2015. Actual revenue £2.2bn. White paper shite paper! said Greta. 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Why did the SNP say 'its Scotland's oil's? 

 

Because they were interested in the environment?

A slogan. Nobody was interested in the environment back when that slogan was first bandied about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

We’ve never had control of the oil. Ever. 
After a Yes in 2014 we were still extracting it the headline would be correct. It’s not. 

The Scotsman’s headline is about Scotland not being green. We’ve never had any control of that oil. Ever. 

 

It's more about principle though, no? 

 

Nicola Sturgeon could come out tomorrow and say she wants no more new extraction and call for the oil and gas industry to be wound down. As you say, she's limited in her power to do so but it is the principle of the thing that counts. 

 

Much like the SNP oppose nuclear weapons. They can't do anything about it but the principle matters as much as the practicality of it.

 

As it stands, the SNP want oil and gas to continue to play a major part of the Scottish economy. You can see why they do. The Greens will give them some cover on green issues, but it doesn't seem to have changed the underlying desire to maintain a major oil and gas industry going forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jack D and coke
Just now, JamboX2 said:

 

It's more about principle though, no? 

 

Nicola Sturgeon could come out tomorrow and say she wants no more new extraction and call for the oil and gas industry to be wound down. As you say, she's limited in her power to do so but it is the principle of the thing that counts. 

 

Much like the SNP oppose nuclear weapons. They can't do anything about it but the principle matters as much as the practicality of it.

 

As it stands, the SNP want oil and gas to continue to play a major part of the Scottish economy. You can see why they do. The Greens will give them some cover on green issues, but it doesn't seem to have changed the underlying desire to maintain a major oil and gas industry going forward.

Youre clever enough to know that oil extraction isn’t stopping anytime soon. It’s not just for running your SUV. 
My point was pedantic but bang on the cash. 
The Scotsman ran a silly headline. A joke of a paper with that name it really is. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

 

Or the price. Alba man's referendum white paper predicted £7.5bn for 2015. Actual revenue £2.2bn. White paper shite paper! said Greta. 😅

Who can predict the future? What about some of the brexit predictions? They been right enough?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

A big thumbs doon from the Gretmeister for oor green fingered dream team. 

 

A big thumbs doon for the UK Gov too.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

 

It's more about principle though, no? 

 

Nicola Sturgeon could come out tomorrow and say she wants no more new extraction and call for the oil and gas industry to be wound down. As you say, she's limited in her power to do so but it is the principle of the thing that counts. 

 

Much like the SNP oppose nuclear weapons. They can't do anything about it but the principle matters as much as the practicality of it.

 

As it stands, the SNP want oil and gas to continue to play a major part of the Scottish economy. You can see why they do. The Greens will give them some cover on green issues, but it doesn't seem to have changed the underlying desire to maintain a major oil and gas industry going forward.

I think there are good strides being made in terms of seeking renewable energy sources, however the reality is that we'll be reliant on oil, gas and all the associated by products for a long number of years to come. 

 

Arguing about whether Scotland is green or not is irrelevant. No country on the planet is green or would be considered green by the likes of Thunberg. it's all about taking steps forward to make it better IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think there are good strides being made in terms of seeking renewable energy sources, however the reality is that we'll be reliant on oil, gas and all the associated by products for a long number of years to come. 

 

Arguing about whether Scotland is green or not is irrelevant. No country on the planet is green or would be considered green by the likes of Thunberg. it's all about taking steps forward to make it better IMO.

:spoton:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Meh. It would do us all a spot of good if we could look at the world through her eyes for a spell.

**** that.

 

She makes a lot of the halfwits on here look positively cheery. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think there are good strides being made in terms of seeking renewable energy sources, however the reality is that we'll be reliant on oil, gas and all the associated by products for a long number of years to come. 

 

Arguing about whether Scotland is green or not is irrelevant. No country on the planet is green or would be considered green by the likes of Thunberg. it's all about taking steps forward to make it better IMO.

 

So the oil is UK's responsibility.

 

Is all the renewable energy Scotland's? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

So the oil is UK's responsibility.

 

Is all the renewable energy Scotland's? 

No but like the oil and gas it’s mostly all coming from here again. 
A paper like the Scotsman that actively runs headlines and stories and tries to stop scotland controlling its resources but then runs a headline about us not being green enough like we actually have control and we’re continuing to extract when we have no say over it at all :lol: 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

So the oil is UK's responsibility.

 

Is all the renewable energy Scotland's? 

I'm not really sure of your angle here.

 

I don't know. Is the oil the UK's responsibility? you appear to have a view.  

 

Where does the responsibility for the oil or gas end? At point of extraction or point of final use as gas or petrol or paint or plastic or any of the other derived products? Is that a governmental responsibility or a personal one based on your consumption of oil and gas based products?

 

Is the renewable energy Scotland's? Technically probably not. It probably belongs to whoever generated it. However Scotland appears to be more receptive to the technology and those seeking to generate power by wind/water etc. 

 

Is this an SNP BAAAAAD thing or not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Who can predict the future? What about some of the brexit predictions? They been right enough?

 

I get why krankies want to change the subject. 😀 Greta says naw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good that the SNP are taking all the credit for renewable energy then.

 

Just the clever catch phrase missing. 

You're contributing to the renewable credential of Scotland.

 

Full of wind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

 

I get why krankies want to change the subject. 😀 Greta says naw.


Let's stay on the subject. This is what she said:

 

"No… I mean, there are some countries that do a bit more than certain others, but then if we look at it from a broader perspective then I think we can safely say there are no countries – at least in the global north – that are even doing close to what would be needed.”

 

She's saying "naw" to the entire global north, yet you seem to be considering this some sort of win for the Union. Bizarre.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You're contributing to the renewable credential of Scotland.

 

Full of wind.

 

Okay.

 

Praising the UK Government for renewable energy maybe something the SNP could do more then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Okay.

 

Praising the UK Government for renewable energy maybe something the SNP could do more then. 

I've got no idea of what the rest of the UK are doing with major scalable renewable projects. Do you?

 

I do know that the Scottish Government are promoting major renewable projects which is a good thing for everyone and not a shite point scoring exercise IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

 

I get why krankies want to change the subject. 😀 Greta says naw.

To your masters she did aye. Can you read? 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...