SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

21 hours ago, Ked said:

Listening to a guy on radio this morning.

He posed the question of how many people do you know who work in/on renewables. I knew a few via the wind farm construction side.

Was wondering if any of you knew many?

I know a lad that installs the electric transformers at the windfarm sites and I also know a guy that services the turbines. My neighbour round the corner got PV panels installed on his roof last month. There were 3 guys fitting them. I have no idea who they were but I am fairly sure they were humans.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

There were 3 guys fitting them. I have no idea who they were but I am fairly sure they were humans.

In the Pans? Doubtful.

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Nice try Gov....was Port Seton, I moved 6 years ago.

You say that like its a good thing. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

You say that like its a good thing. 🤷‍♂️

Wonderful wee village. Lovely to walk the dog along the John Muir way. The Thorntree Pub is very welcoming and the new Seaglass Inn does really nice food. Great chippy's, friendly folk and not much crime as far as I can see.

Rammed full of you Edinburgh lot the minute the sun comes out at the weekends so it cant be all that bad!

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Wonderful wee village. Lovely to walk the dog along the John Muir way. The Thorntree Pub is very welcoming and the new Seaglass Inn does really nice food. Great chippy's, friendly folk and not much crime as far as I can see.

Rammed full of you Edinburgh lot the minute the sun comes out at the weekends so it cant be all that bad!

Aye it’s good down there I’ve thought about looking for a place down port seton lately. Musselburgh house prices fecking ridiculous now. 50’s and 60’s over the asking for a couple I’ve looked at. 

33 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yes I love that area of port seton , Musselburgh esp and gullane . Got relatives there . 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

I'm sure you'll be doing your best to change all that now that you've got your feet under the table, so to speak.

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm sure you'll be doing your best to change all that now that you've got your feet under the table, so to speak.

:lol:

Horatio Caine

Just to change tack a wee bit...does Slater's elevation to Government not mean she'll have to step down as Presiding Officer?

manaliveits105
3 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Just to change tack a wee bit...does Slater's elevation to Government not mean she'll have to step down as Presiding Officer?

its ok she is a swinger 

Scottish election 2021: Lorna Slater urges independence supporters to back  Greens for 'radical' change in Scotland | The Scotsman

manaliveits105
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Greens against vaccine passports.

Vaccine passports for nightclubs and large events announced today by the Scottish Government. 

Only in the dark and dishonest world of Scottish politics could these absolute roasters win no seats but gain 2 cabinet positions 

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Only in the dark and dishonest world of Scottish politics could these absolute roasters win no seats but gain 2 cabinet positions 

IMG_20210901_205929.jpg

The Mighty Thor
19 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

IMG_20210901_205929.jpg

She never won a single election she stood in. Not one. 😂

Edited by The Mighty Thor

57 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

We could make her Holyrood ambassador to Canada!
Wee Paddy could be junior minister for flower-arranging.

Did she not used to do a turn at the Burke and Hare?   I said 'A' turn, not 'THE' turn before anybody lowers the tone!!  ;)

1 hour ago, Deke Thornton said:

We could make her Holyrood ambassador to Canada!
Wee Paddy could be junior minister for flower-arranging.

3 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Did she not used to do a turn at the Burke and Hare?   I said 'A' turn, not 'THE' turn before anybody lowers the tone!!  ;)

Scottish election 2021: Lorna Slater urges independence supporters to back  Greens for 'radical' change in Scotland | The Scotsman

18 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Scotland to trial 4 day working week following success in new Zealand and Iceland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-58403087.amp

:jjyay:

They will soon be looking for a 15 minute break every quarter of an hour and then bigger 🍺 pint glasses and longer woodbines. What next????!? Far cry from my first salary of £475 per annum when you were also expected to burn the midnight oil 

3 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

They will soon be looking for a 15 minute break every quarter of an hour and then bigger 🍺 pint glasses and longer woodbines. What next????!? Far cry from my first salary of £475 per annum when you were also expected to burn the midnight oil 

Imagine considering reducing the working week to be a negative thing. :rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

It’s a good thing that things have moved on since the Victorian days.😏
I must’ve been pre Victorian days as my salary was £200 pa.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Steady. It was one of the King George fellas that ruled when I entered the word 

10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Imagine considering reducing the working week to be a negative thing. :rofl:

For the sake of context it was meant to be a flippant tongue in cheek remark 

Just now, 132goals1958 said:

For the sake of context it was meant to be a flippant tongue in cheek remark 

Glad to hear it, I thought you'd lost your mind!

19 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

12 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I must’ve been pre Victorian days as my salary was £200 pa.

You were lucky!

Wg52.gif

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How much do you have to hate your life to be raging about getting an extra day off work?

Sadly my company would probably move work elsewhere if they brought that in.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Glad to hear it, I thought you'd lost your mind!

1 minute ago, Beni said:

You were lucky!

Wg52.gif

😆

16 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

How much do you have to hate your life to be raging about getting an extra day off work?

Is it not more than a workers hours will be condensed into 4 days ? 

No. Hours reduction of 20%.

Ah ok . So how is this manageable financially ? I assume the Govt will top up the lost income ? 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Ah ok . So how is this manageable financially ? I assume the Govt will top up the lost income ? 

There shouldn't be lost income. Iceland and New Zealand have shown that productivity increases.

There shouldn't be lost income. Iceland and New Zealand have shown that productivity increases.

?? How can productivity increase of working less hours ? Just playing the devils advocate . I think it is a great idea and should happened a long time ago anyway but just wondering about the finer details ? I can assume productivity may increase due to workers well being increasing due to working less and this I’m turn has a positive knock on effect on their motivation at work ( ie become more productive ) 

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

For some overtime means paying Bill's.

Some people have 2 jobs.

Not about hating your life although it's not great having to do the extra hours.

22 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

?? How can productivity increase of working less hours ? Just playing the devils advocate . I think it is a great idea and should happened a long time ago anyway but just wondering about the finer details ? I can assume productivity may increase due to workers well being increasing due to working less and this I’m turn has a positive knock on effect on their motivation at work ( ie become more productive ) 

I hope on the back of you thinking this is a great idea, I suppose this means wee 'Adolf Clitler' can count on your vote?  

Mon james, you know it makes sense... 

14 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I hope on the back of you thinking this is a great idea, I suppose this means wee 'Adolf Clitler' can count on your vote?  

Mon james, you know it makes sense... 

Probably not . I voted Labour at the last election in Scotland . Back to my roots . I did vote for Joanna Cherry though in the Westminster election as I respect and admire her . 

21 minutes ago, Ked said:

No doubt the 4 day week will be enjoyed in the public sector.

Private sector that has been lagging behind on increasing productivity. 

Too happy to pay low wages instead. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Probably not . I voted Labour at the last election in Scotland . Back to my roots . I did vote for Joanna Cherry though in the Westminster election as I respect and admire her . 

I'm voting for them just now as I want away from the antiquated democracy that is Westminster, after that it'll be campaigning to get rid of political parties.   No need for them in this day and age.  

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

I'm voting for them just now as I want away from the antiquated democracy that is Westminster, after that it'll be campaigning to get rid of political parties.   No need for them in this day and age.  

:greatpost:

4 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

👍 

32 minutes ago, Ked said:

For some overtime means paying Bill's.

Some people have 2 jobs.

Not about hating your life although it's not great having to do the extra hours.

You'll still be able to do that if you want, I'd imagine.

54 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah more motivation, less pissing about, less burnout.

Personally, I would love to work days like the following:

12 - 5pm Monday

8:30 - 5 Tuesday

8:30 - 5 Wednesday

8:30 - 5 Thursday

8:30 - 12mid-day Friday

That's around 34 hours (Not included the breaks of course).

Long weekend every weekend and cram my work into the rest of the week...easy peasy.

(or make it 8am start and that would be 36 hours).

Edited by Pans Jambo