• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• milky_26

• sadj

• Cruyff

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fine until the last sentence but a successful Celtic manager is not an asset to the Scottish game. The old firm are a disgrace. 

Of course they are, but his approach compared to Neil Lennon's victim led sense of entitlement for example, is already a big shift. He's been thrown under a bus and if he refuses to toe the Dermot Desmond line, then it could be worth watching. Probably won't last that long though.

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Playing either of the OF, you have to accept that whether we start on the front foot and then try to hold on for the points or aim not to concede early and then build from there, they WILL almost 100% of the time have spells in the game when they'll put us under a lot of pressure.

It's not as simple as "have a go from the start". We won't be able to dominate them for 90 or even just see out the game comfortably. We've done that once in my lifetime in the 4-0 game. The most important thing is we press them from the first minute to the last, take any chances we get, and keep our concentration at the back.

Still wonder if we're going to go back 4 or back 3. Celtic can counter attack against 3-4-3 but we have defensive WBs. We could end up pinned back though as their strength is probably their wide players.

You’re right but there’s times where we’ve clearly been set up to have ten men behind the ball at all times and to sit off.

I agree it’s not as simple as ‘have a go’ as they have players which will dictate how we play however every game we close them down from the front we always seem to do better. 

Like I mentioned in my last post it’s not only us who do this. However I think it’s more often than not down to too much respect being given. If you go into a game thinking you’ll be lucky to take anything you’ll lose. The players don’t need a manager to say that they can feel it by the tactics and the way the team is set up.

Leveinthedream

Pretty optimistic today, not got a ticket but feel like our wingers will be big problems for them

9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t think it will come to that. I think we’ll go for it and I think we’ll win. Aftermaths should really wait til Aftermatches I supposed 

I agree there’s no point trying to predict what hasn’t happened.

Lets hope we put a marker down as it’s undeniably a better time to play them whilst they’re in transition.

Need to have a go at them and put those defenders under pressure right from the start

Harry Potter
Just now, Hearts007 said:

Need to have a go at them and put those defenders under pressure right from the start

Hopefully we attack from the start.

2 minutes ago, Leveinthedream said:

Pretty optimistic today, not got a ticket but feel like our wingers will be big problems for them

They definitely could be. It’s a tricky one though because if we play with two centre mids, as opposed to three, they could just stroll straight through. Plenty worse teams have found it easy enough. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

You’re right but there’s times where we’ve clearly been set up to have ten men behind the ball at all times and to sit off.

I agree it’s not as simple as ‘have a go’ as they have players which will dictate how we play however every game we close them down from the front we always seem to do better. 

Like I mentioned in my last post it’s not only us who do this. However I think it’s more often than not down to too much respect being given. If you go into a game thinking you’ll be lucky to take anything you’ll lose. The players don’t need a manager to say that they can feel it by the tactics and the way the team is set up.

Yeah the mentality definitely has to be right. I think we have payers who believe they can beat Celtic. I have a good feeling about this game but that never ends well. Everyone writing Hearts off for this season should focus the players' minds. I wish some of our own fans would take the same approach instead of siding with our detractors.

coatbridgejambo
33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yep. Let’s have a big clear the air barney to end all barneys then virtual hugs all round and all share the love. 

just need a list of names to get it started. 

😄

Glamorgan Jambo
6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

8pm for a saturday match😕, this day lasting for ever. what was wrong with a 5pm KO.

What’s wrong is the British Lions are playing at 5pm. You must have forgotten the hugely lucrative Sky deal we have that dictates pretty much everything about our game. When the EPL isn’t on.

PS in case you missed it I’m being sarcastic.

kingantti1874

If anyone has resold their ticket they deserve an absolute slap and a lengthy ban

Edited by kingantti1874

14 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

This game has 4-0 Hearts written all over it.

Boyce, GMS x2, Gino

Pollock x2 assists

If this game finishes 4-0 Hearts, I’ll eat my hat and wash it down with my Hearts scarf.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

If anyone has told their ticket they deserve an absolute slap

slap, they should be banned from tynie

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

If anyone has resold their ticket they deserve an absolute slap and a lengthy ban

:spoton:

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

What’s wrong is the British Lions are playing at 5pm. You must have forgotten the hugely lucrative Sky deal we have that dictates pretty much everything about our game. When the EPL isn’t on.

PS in case you missed it I’m being sarcastic.

Thankyou.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It's practically treason.

Just went across to kerrydale street :boak:to see what they were saying about tonights game, they have a pet Hearts "fan" we have some bizarre weirdos in our support. 

Auldbenches
33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Fine until the last sentence but a successful Celtic manager is not an asset to the Scottish game. The old firm are a disgrace. 

He'll be straight talking but only on behalf of Celtic.  Whatever type of character he is, it won't make a difference to us or any other club, just the weedgie media.  

1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

Just went across to kerrydale street :boak:to see what they were saying about tonights game, they have a pet Hearts "fan" we have some bizarre weirdos in our support. 

Disgusting. The last of the skinheads hangs out in the Aberdeen forum as well. Oddballs. 

Hungry hippo
27 minutes ago, maroon said:

Surely not

8AFBFDD2-A67B-42CD-8D70-7FFDB17BABF6.jpeg

Sounds like Celtic fans at the wind up in Twitter and people biting.

glynnlondon
5 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Yep a strange one that he's called hamster. apparently his grandfather was a Celtic supporter odd but there you go.

35 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Presumably, as season ticket holders, they should be easily traced, or do the ballot tickets not work that way ?

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Michael Stewart?

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, maroon said:

Surely not

8AFBFDD2-A67B-42CD-8D70-7FFDB17BABF6.jpeg

I have a feeling there will be a few other mhanks going about looking for spare tickets, anyone selling them on to non Season ticket holders never mind these horrible *******s wants banned. 

Gordon 

Souttar   Halkett  Kingsley  

Smith  Haring  Halliday Cochrane 

Ginnelly     Boyce       Mackay Steven

343, 343 in attack, out of possession 541.

How I want us to lineup 

Gordon 

Smith Souttar Kingsley Cochrane 

Haring     Baningime 

Mceneff 

Ginnelly                     Mackay Steven 

Boyce 

No danger would a Hearts season ticket holder sell a ticket to a Celtic fan after having to enter a ballot. No chance. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Hope we don't begin the match playing 4-2-3-1. That would be a bit of a buzzkill.

I'm on the fence about this. On the one hand I like the idea of two siting mids, Beni and Haring/Halliday ideally, in the 4-2-3-1 and it means we could play Pollock in the middle of the 3 flaked by Gino and GMS and I'd like to see him in this game.

My worry with the 3-4-3 is on paper it looks more attacking but in practice we could end up effectively playing a back 5 because our WBs are not really attacking enough to hurt a team like Celtic. Although they don't exactly have stellar FBs right now. On the fence basically. Think we'll change formation as the game develops anyhow.

No Idle Talk
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm on the fence about this. On the one hand I like the idea of two siting mids, Beni and Haring/Halliday ideally, in the 4-2-3-1 and it means we could play Pollock in the middle of the 3 flaked by Gino and GMS and I'd like to see him in this game.

My worry with the 3-4-3 is on paper it looks more attacking but in practice we could end up effectively playing a back 5 because our WBs are not really attacking enough to hurt a team like Celtic. Although they don't exactly have stellar FBs right now. On the fence basically. Think we'll change formation as the game develops anyhow.

I understand your reservations. 

4-2-3-1 just does not work for us in an attacking sense. We saw that so many times last season. I don't want to see Liam Boyce hanging around the centre circle in this match. Celtic are in total disarray at the back so I want to see GMS, Boyce, and Ginnelly given the freedom to get right at them. The defensive part of the game plan will have to be figured out around that principle.

That's how I see it anyway.

weegie jambo

One hour until my lift arrives. First visit to Tynecastle since the 2-2 Hamilton game. Seems a lifetime ago and I'm weirdly nervous! HHGH

18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

No danger would a Hearts season ticket holder sell a ticket to a Celtic fan after having to enter a ballot. No chance. 

I agree with that, not a chance..

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Hope we don't begin the match playing 4-2-3-1. That would be a bit of a buzzkill.

I actually like this formation as long as the full backs press up high at times.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

lifetime ban . Brutal behaviour 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I actually like this formation as long as the full backs press up high at times.

it is awful. Waste of GMS and Ginelly. I don’t ever want to watch that formation again. 

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I understand your reservations. 

4-2-3-1 just does not work for us in an attacking sense. We saw that so many times last season. I don't want to see Liam Boyce hanging around the centre circle in this match. Celtic are in total disarray at the back so I want to see GMS, Boyce, and Ginnelly given the freedom to get right at them. The defensive part of the game plan will have to be figured out around that principle.

That's how I see it anyway.

Yeah I think it's my preference. I don't see a place for Pollock in the 3-4-3 for this game though, assuming Beni will start, and I'd love him to do a Cochrane.

3-4-3 all day long. Please !!!

better than the borefest sideways backpassing of 4-2-3-1 which just ruins the flair players we have. If Robbie continues with that formation he’s dead man walking. It doesn’t excite and doesn’t suit our players. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

it is awful. Waste of GMS and Ginelly. I don’t ever want to watch that formation again. 

If we are playing any other formation it has to be 3-5-2. Still no place for one of Gino or GMS but our central defence concerns me playing 3-4-3. 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Almost as bad as wanting us to lose every game to force Neilson out.

Just saying likesay.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

If we are playing any other formation it has to be 3-5-2. Still no place for one of Gino or GMS but our central defence concerns me playing 3-4-3. 

yeah one of the reasons we need to strengthen the squad in defence. However attacking wise 3-4-3 is a no brainer with the quality we have up front

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

yeah one of the reasons we need to strengthen the squad in defence. However attacking wise 3-4-3 is a no brainer with the quality we have up front

I agree, in an attacking sense. Much worse teams than smeltic have strolled through our midfield. Hopefully Beni gives us the drive and dynamism we need in there. Would much rather stick with 3-4-3 but that’s my worry. 

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

He'll be straight talking but only on behalf of Celtic.  Whatever type of character he is, it won't make a difference to us or any other club, just the weedgie media.  

Exactly bud. He could be the most amiable guy in the world. It’s his position I hate and I’ll find reasons to hate him for as long as he’s in it. 

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic