***Official Heart of Midlothian v Celtic Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

I forgot you could edit stuff on here 😂 

I was thinking “I’m sure I didn’t write that?” Then even went back to my originally post just to check!

You’ve all paranoid! 👀😂😂😂

Hahahahaha 👍🏽

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• milky_26

• sadj

• Cruyff

Any Hearts win, even an ugly one will do. Another clean sheet would be nice. 

10 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Smith

Haring

Halliday

Cochrane

Ginnelly

Boyce

GMS

The only questions are Beni and who plays LCB. Cochrane had a great goal saving tackle v ICT but I'm not sure who's most comfortable there.

Haring Halliday partnership we are beat end off 

Buzzing for the new season, we are back where we belong. The timothy are there for the taking thats for sure. 11pm kick off out here in dubai so going to be a long day thats for sure. Hope everyone going to the game gives it laldy for 90 minutes. HHGH🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Austin MacGlee
5 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

1-0 to Hearts. Craig Gordon the difference between the sides and the clear MOTM.

Definitely.

We are going to win. 

Салатные палочки
5 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

1-0 to Hearts. Craig Gordon the difference between the sides and the clear MOTM.

I'm liking that prediction. Let's do these $@%€&¥@$*!!! 

Just thinking this morning, I wonder how long until Scott Browns first red card?

I reckon we've got a better chance without him playing purely on the fact they're more likely to get cards today

11 hours ago, One five said:

Show us please🙏

I was sent the same image so I actually know who this flag belongs to as does GT ….probably. Let’s just say it won’t be seen at Tynecastle on match days. If posted in full I’d receive a ban from the mods 🇱🇻🙊

Edited by SMJ_1874

18 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Just thinking this morning, I wonder how long until Scott Browns first red card?

I reckon we've got a better chance without him playing purely on the fact they're more likely to get cards today

Well you will be fine since he plays for Aberdeen

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Baningime playing quarterback 

Hopefully protects the deeefense and can help launch offensive counters. 

18 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Craig Gordon's got heehaw to do so he is scratching his hairy sack

😁

Hearts mindset is key here. Celtic are extremely vulnerable and just as bad at the back and they were in December. I felt we missed a trick playing a containing game in the first half. A repeat of the last 75 minutes of that night will do nicely. Gorra have a go tonight. 2-1 win if we do. 

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Couple of games ahead of yourself. 

0_JS236752304.jpg

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Hearts mindset is key here. Celtic are extremely vulnerable and just as bad at the back and they were in December. I felt we missed a trick playing a containing game in the first half. A repeat of the last 75 minutes of that night will do nicely. Gorra have a go tonight. 2-1 win if we do. 

Agree ! Right at them from first whistle 

Bazzas right boot

Although celtic are off form and in transition they are a team that will finish at least 2nd and be well clear of third. 

We've beaten them a handful of times in the last decade. 

Reading this thread you'd think we we in the championship and playing Raith or the likes, some folk are setting themselves up for a a night of shock, shame and seethe. 

We're newly promoted and will do well to win. 

Not impossible and I think we will win but celtic are well capable of beating us. 

Quietly confident 3-1 Hearts. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

That would be gravy. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Couple of games ahead of yourself. 

0_JS236752304.jpg

What I'm saying (albeit poorly) is septic have avoided getting cards because of him constantly harassing referees. Without him playing for them now I wonder if they'll start to get in the book more and also if he's finally going to get a red now he's not playing for that lot.

51 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I was sent the same image so I actually know who this flag belongs to as does GT ….probably. Let’s just say it won’t be seen at Tynecastle on match days. If posted in full I’d receive a ban from the mods 🇱🇻🙊

Ok mate no worries 😉 I got banned once for let’s say not calling them Celtic.

Edited by One five

Put my back out last night lifting slabs. In agony. Just emailed the club and asked them to reallocate my ticket to someone else.   Bugger!

They still have a more than decent front 6 and can score goals so we need to keep pressure on their back 4 so they drop deeper. It’s no easy game that’s for sure and we have to take our chances when they come along. 2-2 draw for me.

Rick Sanchez
8 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Haring Halliday partnership we are beat end off 

I would agree. It depends on the Haring that turns up but I think his days are numbered now Beni is here. He's had long enough.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

It's been doing the rounds, mate. I must admit that it gave me a good chuckle when it came through, rightly or wrongly.

It's my sense of humour and I generally don't take these things too seriously within the right context.

The unedited version would be a lifetime ban for sure.

Rocky jamboa

The result depends on how we set up. If we have a go at them I reckon we'll win 2-1. Boyce and gms. If we sit back and try to keep it tight, we'll get beat. Their weakness is at the back. 

Pretty much every comment on here can see we need go for it, put out an attacking line up and have a bit of belief. Over to you Robbie!

8pm is shite… all of Saturday to wait for the game!

While excited to get back to Tynecastle for the league cup group games, tonight is what I’ve been missing most the last 16 months.

Despite only 5000, I think it’ll be noisy. An early Hearts goal and we could run away with it…

2 minutes ago, kila said:

8pm is shite… all of Saturday to wait for the game!

While excited to get back to Tynecastle for the league cup group games, tonight is what I’ve been missing most the last 16 months.

Despite only 5000, I think it’ll be noisy. An early Hearts goal and we could run away with it…

Blame the British lions for the late kick off!

indianajones
11 hours ago, Morgan said:

Celtic will win.

:sad: 

Agree. 

I know Celtic are pretty poor just now but I have no idea where the confidence is coming from on here. Yes we won the championship but we were hardly convincing. A fact that was stated by 90% of this board. Wonder what's changed? 

Captain Canada

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism before the first league game of the season. Their back line is really poor but they definitely have players who can hurt us. 

I think it could be a very open and high scoring game if we line up as we have been in preseason. 

12 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Berra one of the pundits for sky tonight 

Glad I'm at the game and won't have to hear him...

https://t.co/AAvz62QP0N 

Game day…

Caught up with GMS on Thursday at the pre-match press conference, a few interesting comments, reads appreciated. 

Hopefully he’ll be a big player for us now he’s had a full pre-season. He was excellent towards the end of last season, once he got his fitness up. 

Wasn’t granted press access by the club unfortunately, so there won’t be a match report from me this time. 

I’ll go with 2-0 Hearts. Boyce anytime and another clean sheet for Captain Craig. 

Enjoy the game if you’re one of the lucky 5000 odd👍🏻

Stendelnator

We have to attack them. Their defence is championship level (although Starfelt might be a big improvement) but if we sit back we’ll lose as their attack is much stronger. 

Robbo-Jambo
20 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

People on here writing off Celtic need a reality check. 

It will be a very difficult match for us. 

This.

Seen it so many times.

They come off a bad result and the next team suffer.

The only way to win it is to have a real go from the start.

Their defence is the weakness but will Neilson be brave enough to attack them from the beginning. 😏

Nookie Bear
12 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Agree. 

I know Celtic are pretty poor just now but I have no idea where the confidence is coming from on here. Yes we won the championship but we were hardly convincing. A fact that was stated by 90% of this board. Wonder what's changed? 

I think a draw would be a solid start for us. 

Backing it up with performances against St Mirren and Aberdeen is equally important. 

indianajones
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think a draw would be a solid start for us. 

Backing it up with performances against St Mirren and Aberdeen is equally important. 

I'd bite your hand off for a point just now. 

I'm all for a bit of confidence but their defence is not championship level and they are not a shite team. Will finish second easily. They might be a shambles by their own standards but they are still miles ahead of us.

Like all the Old firm games we have to hope they have an off day and we have a great day otherwise we lose.

Tennant's  6's
Just now, Stendelnator said:

We have to attack them. Their defence is championship level (although Starfelt might be a big improvement) but if we sit back we’ll lose as their attack is much stronger. 

Definitely.  

Despite how poor they've been in defence, they can still cause damage to teams in this league.

Robbie had better get them bang up for this game & keep a high tempo, covering for each other.  No cagey nonsense. 

Full throttle, controlled aggression. 

ScandinavianJambo
10 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

https://t.co/AAvz62QP0N 

Game day…

Caught up with GMS on Thursday at the pre-match press conference, a few interesting comments, reads appreciated. 

Hopefully he’ll be a big player for us now he’s had a full pre-season. He was excellent towards the end of last season, once he got his fitness up. 

Wasn’t granted press access by the club unfortunately, so there won’t be a match report from me this time. 

I’ll go with 2-0 Hearts. Boyce anytime and another clean sheet for Captain Craig. 

Enjoy the game if you’re one of the lucky 5000 odd👍🏻

Great article! Really enjoyed the read. 

OmiyaHearts

I woke up feeling quite confident, then opened twitter & seen this stat today. Time to sort it out! 

'Hearts have won just twice in the last 33 games against Celtic, going back to 2012.'

indianajones
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

I woke up feeling quite confident, then opened twitter & seen this stat today. Time to sort it out! 

'Hearts have won just twice in the last 33 games against Celtic, going back to 2012.'

Semi was one of them. What was the other? 

We really should've won that final. 

indianajones
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Just now, indianajones said:

Edit: 4-0 obviously. 

OmiyaHearts
Just now, indianajones said:

1-0 Lafferty game, I think? 

It's started already.

Just need to attack..

They are shite ..

There for the taking ..

Celtic win because they still have multi million pound players who are actually pretty good.

Followed by RN oot , he shat the bed and another week of moaning.

Brick Tamland

If it is refereed with consistency and without bias and favour then we are in with a great shout. 
3-1 or 2-1 to us. 

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic