***Official Heart of Midlothian v Celtic Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Had a game this morning and 2 of the guys in my team are Celtic fans.

One of them: "Feeling confident tonight?

Me: "Yeh i think it is the best time to play you's. At home, new manager, not really anyone in particular that stands out for you."

Them: "Yeh we were poor last couple of games but I still think we've got enough to beat Hearts. You guys aren't that great are you?"

Me: "We've beat the teams in front of us. Had a good run. Can't really think of anyone i'd take from Celtic tbh."

They then proceeded to big Callum McGregor up into some sort of Iniesta character. 

Really, really hope we ****ing do them.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• milky_26

• sadj

• Cruyff

upgotheheads

Has anyone logged in to Hearts TV yet? I just did to see if they're showing a countdown, there's an interview with Beni showing but nothing mentioning tonight's game. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, indianajones said:

Semi was one of them. What was the other? 

We really should've won that final. 

4-0

1-0

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Obviously I hope he's a complete flop here but I do like this guy's attitude to the Scottish press.

Yip, heard 2 Interviews now and he's came across well. 

Calls out stupid questions and statements from the press. 

1 hour ago, Jumper said:

Off the Ball just said you can still get 4/1 for a win tonight. Not sure where though.

10/3 on Skybet

David Black

This is the marker for the season for me. Irrelevant of the result, it will show the mindset of both the manager and players. Do they revert back to the cautious approach shown so often, or do the finally do do what they profess they will do and go for it from the start. I'll accept a defeat as long as we show the correct attitude because by doing that we will win far more than we will lose this season.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, brux said:

Are we meant to wear masks tonight?  Watching the rangers game and I've not seen 1 mask.

Difficult for them when you breath in and out of your mouth. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, David Black said:

This is the marker for the season for me. Irrelevant of the result, it will show the mindset of both the manager and players. Do they revert back to the cautious approach shown so often, or do the finally do do what they profess they will do and go for it from the start. I'll accept a defeat as long as we show the correct attitude because by doing that we will win far more than we will lose this season.

Disagree. 

If we were to win 3-0 I do t think that will be what happens for the rest of the season, likewise if we get beat. 

Of games are Rarely an indicator, when we got demoted we beat rangers twice and drew with them. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

If Gnando starts then I would think Boyce will drop a bit deeper like the ICT game. I hope he doesn't.

Celtic are a threat going forward but defensively so far they have look vulnerable so we really need to attack them as much as possible.

Correct. Its crazy tactics time if we sit off them.....I wasnt getting nervous, rarely do as expect so little v celtic but the more I think we're in with a chance the more nervous I become!!!

Massive opportunity tonight to get off to a good start. Bit of a free hit, hope we get in their faces and show zero respect.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Disagree. 

If we were to win 3-0 I do t think that will be what happens for the rest of the season, likewise if we get beat. 

Of games are Rarely an indicator, when we got demoted we beat rangers twice and drew with them. 

I think his point was that he wants us to get after them rather than then shambles we saw in the first half last time we played them, unless that’s the part you’re disagreeing with

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, David Black said:

Completely agree 👍

MaskedMarauder

Gordon; Smith, Souttar, Halkett, Kingsley; Ginnelly, Haring, Pollock, Beni, GMS; Boyce … team for me tonight. 

Whatever team plays though we need it to be LOUD in the stands. This is potentially the only time we’ll ever play this mob at Tynecastle where they aren’t backed by a noisy following. Let’s do it Hearts!!

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Just a cheeky half for the actual match though 😂😂😂

Apart from Hearts Falkirk at Ibrox in the cup in '98. 

Had to ask which way Hearts were shooting mid-way through the second half.

Only thing I remember is being in awe of that wee **** McAllister.

download (3).jpeg

19 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Gordon; Smith, Souttar, Halkett, Kingsley; Ginnelly, Haring, Pollock, Beni, GMS; Boyce … team for me tonight. 

Whatever team plays though we need it to be LOUD in the stands. This is potentially the only time we’ll ever play this mob at Tynecastle where they aren’t backed by a noisy following. Let’s do it Hearts!!

I think that could be the team tbh. 

Rogue Daddy

Am I right in saying that, as a ST holder, I get an electronic copy of the match day program? Seem to recall that as part of the ‘renew’ package. 

With the result midweek, the fact they were taken to extra time and how bad their back five looked the writing is on the wall for us to get beat.

Celtic to win. Kickback to be going off it’s head at how shit we are under Neilson and how we should easily beat Celtic.

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Obviously I hope he's a complete flop here but I do like this guy's attitude to the Scottish press.

Me too. Well answered. That was very disrespectful to him and us. Weegie press man :vrface:

Rogue Daddy
21 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

That would be my team in a 352 - Gino as wing back on the right. GMS and Boyce up front (or GMS behind Boyce & Nando and dropping Pollock.) 

Think Halliday will play

Gordon; Souttar, Halkett, Kingsley; Smith, Haring, Halliday, Cochrane; GMS, Gino, Boyce

Quite confident about this - strong team. Beni, McEneff, Hendo, Walker, Nando good options off bench

Edited by R1874

2 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Think Halliday will play

Gordon; Souttar, Halkett, Kingsley; Smith, Haring, Halliday, Cochrane; GMS, Gino, Boyce

Quite confident about this - strong team. Beni, McEneff, Hendo, Walker, Nando good options off bench

No really convinced by Haring. Seems to blow hot and cold and not as mobile as he was. 

20 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Apart from Hearts Falkirk at Ibrox in the cup in '98. 

Had to ask which way Hearts were shooting mid-way through the second half.

Only thing I remember is being in awe of that wee **** McAllister.

download (3).jpeg

😂😂😂

17 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

With the result midweek, the fact they were taken to extra time and how bad their back five looked the writing is on the wall for us to get beat.

Celtic to win. Kickback to be going off it’s head at how shit we are under Neilson and how we should easily beat Celtic.

If we give it a right good go and get beat, no one really has a case to go off their head. If Neilson plays that over cautious shite system he frequently does and we get beat, he’ll rightly be slaughtered for it

One things for sure there are a LOT of regular posters not contributing to this the match day thread. Not contributing on any thread in fact.

Waiting patiently for us to lose and then SLAVER ATTACK!!!!!!!

Just now, JimmyCant said:

If we give it a right good go and get beat, no one really has a case to go off their head. If Neilson plays that over cautious shite system he frequently does and we get beat, he’ll rightly be slaughtered for it

I agree we always seem to do better when we have a go and for me I never understand when we, along with others, try to sit back and hold out for a draw.

I do think the result midweek has skewed some people’s opinions though and regardless of how we lose it will be a stick to beat Neilson with.

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Skippy Doodle said:

I think that's the first time I've seen that Hagen goal since the actual night. What a celebration. I think there was only about 200 Hearts fans there. 

David Black
59 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Disagree. 

I'm talking about mindset and attitude, how we are set up and how brave we are in possession, not about the result.

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

He actually seems a very likeable guy. Hopefully something come along that makes him utterly detestable :laugh2:. Thought he handled the press well after their European game. He's been hung out to dry by his board. That said, I hope we twist the knife tonight. 

I’m guessing Boyce on his own up front. Beni on the bench. Set up not lose an early goal. Lose one, probably against the run of play, switch it up to have a go and concede another couple.

I feel I’ve been here before.

Having said all that I was dreading playing them when we leathered them so I obviously know **** all

48 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

It will be cagey, team will be under instructions to see how Timothy lines up, no way will it be all out attack, it will be keep it tight till we see where we are, patience is key for this one.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, David Black said:

I'm talking about mindset and attitude, how we are set up and how brave we are in possession, not about the result.

Hard to quantify and still disagree Tbh. 

We were brave v  celtic ( and Hibs) last season in possession showed great attitude, matched them over 90 and folk still hated everything else about the season. 

This game is worth 3 points and confidence but there will be ups and downs this season. 

I'm not going to take too much from it other than that tbh.

Others are free to think what they want and the relevance to the season ahead etc. 

coatbridgejambo
18 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

One things for sure there are a LOT of regular posters not contributing to this the match day thread. Not contributing on any thread in fact.

Name and shame 😄

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

It will be cagey, team will be under instructions to see how Timothy lines up, no way will it be all out attack, it will be keep it tight till we see where we are, patience is key for this one.

Fair, but I hope we do try and impose on them as well, but being solid defensively is a must. 

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Never seen the point in waiting tbh. 🤷‍♂️

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I think that's the first time I've seen that Hagen goal since the actual night. What a celebration. I think there was only about 200 Hearts fans there. 

Mind listening to the game on the wireless. Jumping about daft.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

It's so obvious as well. 

If we win there will be nothing or little from many of them. 

Lose and watch them go. 

4 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Name and shame 😄

Yep. Let’s have a big clear the air barney to end all barneys then virtual hugs all round and all share the love. 

just need a list of names to get it started. 

Edited by GinRummy

I don't expect us to win tonight but i want to see positive signs for the rest of the season. A win would be good though 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair, but I hope we do try and impose on them as well, but being solid defensively is a must. 

But you’ll defend whatever outcome happens I imagine, no matter how it comes about

Guest ToqueJambo

11 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I agree we always seem to do better when we have a go and for me I never understand when we, along with others, try to sit back and hold out for a draw.

I do think the result midweek has skewed some people’s opinions though and regardless of how we lose it will be a stick to beat Neilson with.

Playing either of the OF, you have to accept that whether we start on the front foot and then try to hold on for the points or aim not to concede early and then build from there, they WILL almost 100% of the time have spells in the game when they'll put us under a lot of pressure.

It's not as simple as "have a go from the start". We won't be able to dominate them for 90 or even just see out the game comfortably. We've done that once in my lifetime in the 4-0 game. The most important thing is we press them from the first minute to the last, take any chances we get, and keep our concentration at the back.

Still wonder if we're going to go back 4 or back 3. Celtic can counter attack against 3-4-3 but we have defensive WBs. We could end up pinned back though as their strength is probably their wide players.

2 hours ago, Costanza said:

I've been surprised at how much Australians know about Hearts, even relatively young Australians. Eddie Thomson was such a well respected man in the game, and I've sat and spraffed shite about Hearts History with guys thirty years younger than me who I thought wouldn't even have heard of us. Like you I hope he ****s up, but AP could shape up to be a straight talking asset to the Scottish game. 

Салатные палочки
11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Mind listening to the game on the wireless. Jumping about daft.

For some reason we only had one ticket that night. My dad took me and left me at the turnstile. He went for a pint and came back at about ten mins from the end and the steward let him in, just in time to see the goal :laugh:

1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

I've been surprised at how much Australians know about Hearts, even relatively young Australians. Eddie Thomson was such a well respected man in the game, and I've sat and spraffed shite about Hearts History with guys thirty years younger than me who I thought wouldn't even have heard of us. Like you I hope he ****s up, but AP could shape up to be a straight talking asset to the Scottish game. 

Fine until the last sentence but a successful Celtic manager is not an asset to the Scottish game. The old firm are a disgrace. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

For some reason we only had one ticket that night. My dad took me and left me at the turnstile. He went for a pint and came back at about ten mins from the end and the steward let him in, just in time to see the goal :laugh:

Good parenting imo.

37 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I don’t think it will come to that. I think we’ll go for it and I think we’ll win. Aftermaths should really wait til Aftermatches I supposed 

Edited by JimmyCant

This game has 4-0 Hearts written all over it.

Boyce, GMS x2, Gino

Pollock x2 assists

19 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

I don't expect us to win tonight but i want to see positive signs for the rest of the season. A win would be good though 

Ditto. I can except defeat if we play well and give them a proper game. If we play pish and take a tanking though, it's going to be very negative on here and will undermine any hope that some of us may have. 

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic