***Official Heart of Midlothian v Celtic Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

OmiyaHearts
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Edit: 4-0 obviously. 

Must have only be talking about league stats, cos we've now got three wins mentioned!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• milky_26

• sadj

• Cruyff

Semi was one of them. What was the other? 

We really should've won that final. 

think the two games were the 4-0 win and the 1-0 Lafferty one 

indianajones

Edit: 4-0 obviously. 

Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

1-0 Lafferty game, I think? 

Was that the volley from outside the box? Maybe its three times since 2012 then?

indianajones
Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

Must have only be talking about league stats, cos we've now got three wins mentioned!

Just now, MattyK82 said:

think the two games were the 4-0 win and the 1-0 Lafferty one 

👍

Stendelnator
8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I'm all for a bit of confidence but their defence is not championship level and they are not a shite team. Will finish second easily. They might be a shambles by their own standards but they are still miles ahead of us.

Like all the Old firm games we have to hope they have an off day and we have a great day otherwise we lose.

I’m sorry are you saying Stephen Welsh, Anthony Ralston, Dane Murray and Scott Bain are better than championship?

15 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

https://t.co/AAvz62QP0N 

Game day…

Caught up with GMS on Thursday at the pre-match press conference, a few interesting comments, reads appreciated. 

Hopefully he’ll be a big player for us now he’s had a full pre-season. He was excellent towards the end of last season, once he got his fitness up. 

Wasn’t granted press access by the club unfortunately, so there won’t be a match report from me this time. 

I’ll go with 2-0 Hearts. Boyce anytime and another clean sheet for Captain Craig. 

Enjoy the game if you’re one of the lucky 5000 odd👍🏻

Love these Hearts articles. We could do with a sub section on here for stuff like this. Appreciate you posting these on here. 

I think we’ll win tonight. 

Just now, jambopilms said:

It's started already.

Just need to attack..

They are shite ..

There for the taking ..

Celtic win because they still have multi million pound players who are actually pretty good.

Followed by RN oot , he shat the bed and another week of moaning.

I get where you’re coming from but the exact opposite of what you’ve said is that it’s some sort of free hit for RN. I’m sick to the back teeth of Hearts sitting back, defending deep and trying to frustrate Celtic. I’ve lost count of the amount of times managers have done this.  The only way to play them is to press high up the pitch and benefit from any errors that might bring while knocking them off their stride. Even then we will probably still lose but at least we are giving ourselves a slim chance. 

Defending from the half way line is in effect just meekly accepting defeat imo. 

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Love these Hearts articles. We could do with a sub section on here for stuff like this. Appreciate you posting these on here. 

I think we’ll win tonight. 

Yeah that’s a good idea actually. Sometimes never sure what thread to put them on. 

Celtic are there for the taking, you don’t need me to tell you that though. Fingers crossed.

CloustonHMFC

I'm under no illusions of how tough a start this is, regardless of last season form and a team in transition etc etc they have multiple multi million pound players in their team. As long as we have a go, put in a good performance and don't roll over to them I'll be relatively pleased.

17 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Great article! Really enjoyed the read. 

Thanks mate 👍🏻

indianajones
Just now, GinRummy said:

8pm though. Get that to ****. Who dreams up these stupid times. 

Would've been class in a normal world. 

Tanked up day session in Edinburgh before the walk along Dalry. I'd pay a lot for that just now! 

Just now, indianajones said:

Would've been class in a normal world. 

Tanked up day session in Edinburgh before the walk along Dalry. I'd pay a lot for that just now! 

It’s too late for me on a Saturday. I start drinking after lunch, regardless if that’s at home or in the pub. 

Getting excited for this now 

Brilliant to see tynie in front of fans again, into these bassas hearts 

would go with a 3-4-3 for this,

Gordon 

Souttar, Halkett, Cochrane

Smith, Halliday, Beni, Kingsley

Gms,  Boyce, Gino 

Gives us options with Haring, Walker, Gnando and Pollock on the bench if things need to be changed. 

14 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

I’m sorry are you saying Stephen Welsh, Anthony Ralston, Dane Murray and Scott Bain are better than championship?

We just ignoring the new guy who probably worth more than half our squad ?

They are shite, they are walking into a lions den. Pay back for the last 2 finals, they're lucky it's not a full house. 

:yas:

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I get where you’re coming from but the exact opposite of what you’ve said is that it’s some sort of free hit for RN. I’m sick to the back teeth of Hearts sitting back, defending deep and trying to frustrate Celtic. I’ve lost count of the amount of times managers have done this.  The only way to play them is to press high up the pitch and benefit from any errors that might bring while knocking them off their stride. Even then we will probably still lose but at least we are giving ourselves a slim chance. 

It's ok pressing high, but you can't do it for 90mins and what happens when they play through it ? We are left wide open.

I see where you are coming from but both ways can end up with a hammering.

Some will be fuming if we don't press high as if it's an automatic win if we do. 

Edited by jambopilms

6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

It's ok pressing high, but you can't do it for 90mins and what happens when the play through it ? We are left side open.

Some will be fuming if we don't press high as if it's an automatic win if we do.

Aye we’ll probably lose against OF regardless of how we play. No way of proving how the best way to play is but pressing is the best way in my opinion. You can’t keep the intensity up for 90 minutes but it’s also more exhausting for the opposition than us sitting in. 

Not checked but I’m sure CL had the poorest record against the OF of any manager. He sat in every time as far as I can remember. Again, that’s not conclusive proof but I’m convinced defending deep is pretty much a guarantee of failure. 

Edited by GinRummy

Good time to get them but folk getting a little carried away. They have plenty of goals in them so we'll need to score twice to get anything which I'm not sure we can.

11 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Getting excited for this now 

Brilliant to see tynie in front of fans again, into these bassas hearts 

would go with a 3-4-3 for this,

Gordon 

Souttar, Halkett, Cochrane

Smith, Halliday, Beni, Kingsley

Gms,  Boyce, Gino 

Gives us options with Haring, Walker, Gnando and Pollock on the bench if things need to be changed. 

I think Kingsley will be in back 3 and obviously not sure if Beni will be given a start. I personally think he’ll go with 3-5-2 and sacrifice width for the extra man in midfield. Possibly with GMS up front close to Boyce. 

15 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

It's ok pressing high, but you can't do it for 90mins and what happens when they play through it ? We are left wide open.

Agree, in spells is fine and you have to pick your moments. Key is consistantly closing down quickly in any area. Disrupt their passing. Without diving in and taking bookings of course. Easier said than done. But not impossible. Its all about energy. I just hope Celtic have a Euro hangover in that department. If they start making mistakes we might be in for a good day. 

Governor Tarkin
35 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

^^^^ This.

28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

8pm though. Get that to ****. Who dreams up these stupid times. 

Great time for me. Kids in bed, order in a pizza, get tanked into the PD.

25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s too late for me on a Saturday. I start drinking after lunch, regardless if that’s at home or in the pub. 

You should just about be hitting your stride by 8pm then. 

Just oiled enough for all the naughty songs to get an airing when you flip over the TV channel and catch your first glimpse of the hooped deamon. That's if the pre-match cellic-minded pundits haven't already had you roaring at the telly.

8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You should just about be hitting your stride by 8pm then. 

Just oiled enough for all the naughty songs to get an airing when you flip over the TV channel and catch your first glimpse of the hooped deamon. That's if the pre-match cellic-minded pundits haven't already had you roaring at the telly.

Can’t handle the 8hr sesh any more. Going to have to take the dug a long walk after lunch to resist the temptation to start too early. Will walk along to Prestonpans in all likelihood. The coverage is going to be ****ing brutal eh 😂. Celtic and more Celtic. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's been doing the rounds, mate. I must admit that it gave me a good chuckle when it came through, rightly or wrongly.

It's my sense of humour and I generally don't take these things too seriously within the right context.

The unedited version would be a lifetime ban for sure.

I thought the same as you. Had a chuckle and told the owner that he’d need massive balls to show it near any ground.

You’d get publicly lynched at the tattiedome if you had that on display. 

At least we will find out today if last seasons poor performances were down to teams sitting in!!! 

Governor Tarkin
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Can’t handle the 8hr sesh any more. Going to have to take the dug a long walk after lunch to resist the temptation to start too early. Will walk along to Prestonpans in all likelihood. 

:muggy:

I'll probably hold off till around 4 ish myself tbh.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I am going into this game with quite a bit of optimism, I hope it is not false hope. We don't really know how good we are until we play a decent side although to describe Celtic as decent is pushing it a bit. Go for it Hearts, put down a marker right from start!

Just like to add my best wishes to HMFC for the season , as a poster who openly admits to supporting the ' Champions 😁' I've taken some abuse on the site but also enjoyed friendly banter. So hopefully before to long we are all back in stadiums supporting our teams .

So get in among that mob tonight and establish your position back in the SPL were you belong .

Saint Jambo
34 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

Good time to get them but folk getting a little carried away. They have plenty of goals in them so we'll need to score twice to get anything which I'm not sure we can.

Indeed. We obviously have a chance, but Celtic finished well clear of Hibs last year, who based on the season prediction thread many people think we are well short of. Ok Celtic ahave probably regressed over the summer but still heavy favourites for this game.

But hope springs eternal, and hopefully everything will click and  today will be the start of the kind of amazing season none of us are predicting.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:muggy:

I'll probably hold off till around 4 ish myself tbh.

😀 years ago. I could get myself in to dickens at 11, through to some shite away fixture, back in the pub for 7ish and out for the night after that. These days 5 or 6 hours on the drink and I’m sleeping  😂😂

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Can’t handle the 8hr sesh any more. Going to have to take the dug a long walk after lunch to resist the temptation to start too early. Will walk along to Prestonpans in all likelihood. The coverage is going to be ****ing brutal eh 😂. Celtic and more Celtic. 

I’ve a few mates who are meeting up at 2 to get started. Some have tickets and some don’t. I’ll turn up at 4.45 and take in the lions game before heading along to Tynie. If I start at 2pm I’ll be in my bed by 6.30. Can’t handle the big sessions these days. Giving the dogs a big walk just now to keep my kind off the game tonight. Have backed us at 2-1, 3-1 and 3-0. Gotta be optimistic and I’ve a feeling maybe we’ll just click today 🇱🇻🇱🇻

1 minute ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I’ve a few mates who are meeting up at 2 to get started. Some have tickets and some don’t. I’ll turn up at 4.45 and take in the lions game before heading along to Tynie. If I start at 2pm I’ll be in my bed by 6.30. Can’t handle the big sessions these days. Giving the dogs a big walk just now to keep my kind off the game tonight. Have backed us at 2-1, 3-1 and 3-0. Gotta be optimistic and I’ve a feeling maybe we’ll just click today 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Here’s hoping it all clicks into place. Hoping the new guy starts and hits the ground running. The midfield worries me even more than the defence at the moment.

59 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I'm under no illusions of how tough a start this is, regardless of last season form and a team in transition etc etc they have multiple multi million pound players in their team. As long as we have a go, put in a good performance and don't roll over to them I'll be relatively pleased.

Been saying this to guys all week.

their  midfield is likely something like Soro Turnbull McGregor Forrest with Christie and Edouard up front it’s not exactly Arbroath we’re playing. We can get at their back line but we have to stick away our chances can’t be having another 21 shots and 1 goal showing like last week. They are likely to score so we need to get at them and be clinical.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I woke up feeling quite confident, then opened twitter & seen this stat today. Time to sort it out! 

'Hearts have won just twice in the last 33 games against Celtic, going back to 2012.'

Truly awful,    only as bad as your last game mind    , time to move forward, if we can, saying that we've been pretty awful in a lot of games in spl, so time for a new beginning, onwards & upwards......🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦   

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😀 years ago. I could get myself in to dickens at 11, through to some shite away fixture, back in the pub for 7ish and out for the night after that. These days 5 or 6 hours on the drink and I’m sleeping  😂😂

Sounds about right.

There was generally a bag of Bill Leckies involved along the way, though.

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Sounds about right.

There was generally a bag of Bill Leckies involved along the way, though.

Just a cheeky half for the actual match though 😂😂😂

I think he'll go with a midfield 3 with Beni & Halliday and maybe Pollock, McEneff or Walker as an attacking mid. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

I think he'll go with a midfield 3 with Beni & Halliday and maybe Pollock, McEneff or Walker as an attacking mid. 

I would be very surprised if he started Walker.

Just now, wavydavy said:

He needs some sort of attacking threat through the middle. He might of course go with Boyce and Gnando, then we probably play with 2 sitting mids and GMS in a free role. 

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

It's started already.

Just need to attack..

They are shite ..

There for the taking ..

Celtic win because they still have multi million pound players who are actually pretty good.

Followed by RN oot , he shat the bed and another week of moaning.

You'd have nothing to post about if others didn't moan...

Great opening fixture of the new season.  Doesn't get much better beating Celtic in the first league game. 

They might have a decent forward line but their defence is the worst they've had in decades.  

1-0 Hearts.  That lot aren't scoring against Craig Gordon.   

Great the season is back.  

Just now, Cruyff said:

He needs some sort of attacking threat through the middle. He might of course go with Boyce and Gnando, then we probably play with 2 sitting mids and GMS in a free role. 

If Gnando starts then I would think Boyce will drop a bit deeper like the ICT game. I hope he doesn't.

Celtic are a threat going forward but defensively so far they have look vulnerable so we really need to attack them as much as possible.

13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

If Walker was too play then it has to be in a 3-5-2 just in behind the front two. I think it’s how we need to play today try and get Soro/McGregor to drop deeper and pull the centre halves out a bit. Gnando job today is to harass the life out that young back 4. Let Boyce do the skilful stuff.

Just now, wavydavy said:

If Gnando starts then I would think Boyce will drop a bit deeper like the ICT game. I hope he doesn't.

Celtic are a threat going forward but defensively so far they have look vulnerable so we really need to attack them as much as possible.

I agree but he needs to get the balance right. Despite their troubles, they've still got better players than us. 

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, Jamiemac said:

Thanks mate 👍🏻

Yes, I really enjoyed that and your other articles too. Keep up the good work bud 👍🏼

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Pretty much this. Our history in this fixture tells me to make the most of the wins because they don't come along too often.

I'm looking for a confident performance tonight against a team under real pressure already who have a raft of talented individuals who can cause us bother.

We will need to bring our A game and hope we get off to a good start to heap on more pressure, if they score 1st its going to be bloody tough to fight back into it without leaving gaps in behind.

Obviously I hope he's a complete flop here but I do like this guy's attitude to the Scottish press.

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic