Jump to content

***Official Heart of Midlothian v Celtic Match Thread***


tartofmidlothian

Recommended Posts

Rogue Daddy
29 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

Robbed !

 

Stonewall booking 

 

You've been Maddened

😭😭

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Smith's right boot

    75

  • milky_26

    50

  • sadj

    46

  • Cruyff

    43

PhoenixHearts
17 hours ago, escobri said:

Got to boo the huddle/ taking the knee/ Neilson /Madden& his huddy linesman & go mental as Hearts beat the Celtic, great to be back 👍

 

Imagine readily admitting you booed at the players taking a knee. Sad.

 

There's a word for people who are anti anti-racism...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rick Sanchez

Just rewatching it again and despite new management you can still tell that a lot of the Celtic players couldn't give a toss about losing, which has surprisingly spread to Christie and Forrest.

 

A lot of them can't be arsed waiting for a rebuild and are wanting away. Pleasing times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Wee Mikey
4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

The Hearts players stopped when they heard Madden whistle. The ball would very likely have been blocked before it reached the Celtic player had we kept playing. That linesman gave a few similar calls against Hearts in the first half. 

 

Agreed. Although it was quick play, by the time the strike was made Gordon was standing still. The whistle went therefore the outcome thereafter was arguably not that which would've transpired had play continued. c.f. Gordon's late 1-on-1 deflection.

Link to post
Share on other sites
132goals1958
4 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

His head is definitely ahead

 

VAR would have ruled it out as his nose is 1mm offside

 

Thank goodness for that but going forward I really think they should change the rule that if any part of the body head feet or anything else is onside then the goal should stand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
wheatfieldtosheffield

maybe someone has already mentioned this earlier in the 42 pages, but I am thinking about the last time I remember playing Celtic at home on the first day of the season, and a last minute goal changes the result - and that makes all the difference in the world when we get to the end of the season

 

Oh, wouldn't it be something if Souttar's last minute goal turns out to have the same effect as Paul McStay's equaliser in 1985?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
escobri
3 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

 

Imagine readily admitting you booed at the players taking a knee. Sad.

 

There's a word for people who are anti anti-racism...

 

 

Nothing to do with racism, jog on

Link to post
Share on other sites
upgotheheads
5 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

 

His head is definitely ahead

 

VAR would have ruled it out as his nose is 1mm offside

 

I've certainly seen the VAR images where they put up a couple of markers to show the offside line and I reckon that this would have gone in our favour. Personally I think that the linesman so the outstretched arm and reacted to that. The Celtic players fist was at least two feet offside.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Riccarton3
4 hours ago, wheatfieldtosheffield said:

maybe someone has already mentioned this earlier in the 42 pages, but I am thinking about the last time I remember playing Celtic at home on the first day of the season, and a last minute goal changes the result - and that makes all the difference in the world when we get to the end of the season

 

Oh, wouldn't it be something if Souttar's last minute goal turns out to have the same effect as Paul McStay's equaliser in 1985?

 

 

 More amazing  is Celtic fans thinking their team gets a raw deal from refs😫 

Link to post
Share on other sites
OmiyaHearts

Had a great day in work today. Strolled in with my maroon trainees, maroon tshirt & maroon headband. Got it right up every tim I seen in the building. Tears and snotters everywhere, they haven't taken this well at all. Really do love living and working in Glasgow when we get one over the OF.

 

I then popped through to see David Munro and gave him it tight for awarding a pen to Hibs on Sunday. He said he really missed the abuse from the stands and is buzzing that crowds are back😁 Refs are strange people.

Edited by OmiyaHearts
Link to post
Share on other sites
PhoenixHearts
6 hours ago, escobri said:

Nothing to do with racism, jog on

 

Taking a knee has nothing to do with standing against racism does it?

 

And no thanks mate, I'll stay right here thanks.

 

Happy to start a crowdfunder to get your Millwall season tickets though 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Longbaws

Bit late to the party.

 

Celtic giving a guard of honour to the Champions😊👍

 

Green Brigade getting done off the old team 😊👍

 

Haliday's great challenge😊👍

 

Andy Walker getting it tight😊👍

 

Souttar's heider in the 89th min😊👍

 

Beating FC Shame😊👍

 

Craig's last minute saves😊🍆

 

Happy ******* days!🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

 

Taking a knee has nothing to do with standing against racism does it?

 

And no thanks mate, I'll stay right here thanks.

 

Happy to start a crowdfunder to get your Millwall season tickets though 👍

Take it to the shed

Link to post
Share on other sites
escobri
14 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

 

Taking a knee has nothing to do with standing against racism does it?

 

And no thanks mate, I'll stay right here thanks.

 

Happy to start a crowdfunder to get your Millwall season tickets though 👍

My booing the knee has nothing to do with racism, who told the players to do it(sky tv🤔) no kneeling at cove game. Just let me know when you're gonna send the cash. Cheers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
6 hours ago, escobri said:

My booing the knee has nothing to do with racism, who told the players to do it(sky tv🤔) no kneeling at cove game. Just let me know when you're gonna send the cash. Cheers

 

Anti Marxist?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, escobri said:

My booing the knee has nothing to do with racism, who told the players to do it(sky tv🤔) no kneeling at cove game. Just let me know when you're gonna send the cash. Cheers

 

It has everything to do with racism. If you're anti anti-racism then, well, you work it out

Link to post
Share on other sites
PapaShango

The one thing that irked me at the game on Saturday was that smug welt Doncaster. I was in Section R and sat not far from him. Never acknowledged any of the Hearts goals, yet was clapping the Celtic one. Even under the mask you could tell he was smirking away. Boils me that someone like him gets into the stadium to watch the game while others can't. We should have banned the blazers after what they done to us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PapaShango said:

The one thing that irked me at the game on Saturday was that smug welt Doncaster. I was in Section R and sat not far from him. Never acknowledged any of the Hearts goals, yet was clapping the Celtic one. Even under the mask you could tell he was smirking away. Boils me that someone like him gets into the stadium to watch the game while others can't. We should have banned the blazers after what they done to us. 

We can’t, is the simple answer. He can turn up to any SPL game he pleases.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Boab said:

We can’t, is the simple answer. He can turn up to any SPL game he pleases.

Could we not put a crack in his seat so it nips his A**e at least 

Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
3 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Could we not put a crack in his seat so it nips his A**e at least 

the deviant would enjoy that

Link to post
Share on other sites
niblick1874
6 hours ago, XB52 said:

It has everything to do with racism. If you're anti anti-racism then, well, you work it out

 

How about you work this out. Globalist=Nazi=eugenicist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
niblick1874

The idea of Hearts taking the knee makes me sick to my stomach as well as way beyond angry, for so many reasons.

 

Taking the knee has nothing to do with racism, let alone football, and everything to do with getting people cowtowing to bullies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Schevchenko
On 31/07/2021 at 19:11, milky_26 said:

did you go down to the live event, rather than clicking on something like beni's interview?

Managed to sort it mate, thanks for the reply tho 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spitonastranger
33 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the deviant would enjoy that

i didnt when i did it on holiday on a plastic lounger :jjockio:

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambopilms
21 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

The idea of Hearts taking the knee makes me sick to my stomach as well as way beyond angry, for so many reasons.

 

Taking the knee has nothing to do with racism, let alone football, and everything to do with getting people cowtowing to bullies. 

Nobody is forcing you to do it. It doesn't bother me one way or the other, but folk moaning about it come across as the same as Celtic booing remeberance day. Nobody is forcing them to buy a poppy but just let everyone else get on with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser
40 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

The idea of Hearts taking the knee makes me sick to my stomach as well as way beyond angry, for so many reasons.

 

Taking the knee has nothing to do with racism, let alone football, and everything to do with getting people cowtowing to bullies. 

:wtf:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

The idea of Hearts taking the knee makes me sick to my stomach as well as way beyond angry, for so many reasons.

 

Taking the knee has nothing to do with racism, let alone football, and everything to do with getting people cowtowing to bullies. 

 

Seriously bore off and let the players choose what they do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

 

How about you work this out. Globalist=Nazi=eugenicist.

I can’t work that out at all. Can you explain it please?

Link to post
Share on other sites
niblick1874
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Nobody is forcing you to do it. It doesn't bother me one way or the other, but folk moaning about it come across as the same as Celtic booing remeberance day. Nobody is forcing them to buy a poppy but just let everyone else get on with it.

 

What.

 

Where did I say anyone was forcing me to do it.

 

Your post is not only an example of the kind of garbage put forward for taking the knee, it is also an example of the kind of person that will say there is nothing wrong with it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
niblick1874
25 minutes ago, Homme said:

 

Seriously bore off and let the players choose what they do.

 

Are you saying they have a choice. I would like an answer to that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
niblick1874
50 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

:wtf:

 

51 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

:wtf:

 

I gave an answer. Why not read the rest of the sentence

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
5 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

 

Are you saying they have a choice. I would like an answer to that.

Two of our players didn’t take the knee on Saturday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo

 

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Nobody is forcing you to do it. It doesn't bother me one way or the other, but folk moaning about it come across as the same as Celtic booing remeberance day. Nobody is forcing them to buy a poppy but just let everyone else get on with it.

 

 

Exactly. Our two black players didn't take the knee as I recall. They didn't bloody boo though did they? Why don't people who disagree just do what they did and stand respectfully and think about racism in their own way? I can think of one reason.

 

David Squires cartoon on this after Millwall fans' booing said it best - https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/dec/08/david-squires-on-the-booing-of-footballers-taking-a-knee

Link to post
Share on other sites
niblick1874
Just now, davemclaren said:

Two of our players didn’t take the knee on Saturday. 

 

Thanks. It is a sad day when I can't ask who on here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
On 02/08/2021 at 02:38, SectionDJambo said:

The Hearts players stopped when they heard Madden whistle. The ball would very likely have been blocked before it reached the Celtic player had we kept playing. That linesman gave a few similar calls against Hearts in the first half. 

 

This is the key point. It was a marginal call (like Celtic never get those?) but the play had stopped by the time the goal was scored. I thought the ref was very poor from our pov for the first part of the game - we got none of the marginal calls including an obvious foul on GMS in a dangerous position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
NANOJAMBO
1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

The idea of Hearts taking the knee makes me sick to my stomach as well as way beyond angry, for so many reasons.

 

Taking the knee has nothing to do with racism, let alone football, and everything to do with getting people cowtowing to bullies. 

Where do you even begin with this crap. See a therapist. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Austin MacGlee
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Where do you even begin with this crap. See a therapist. 

Saved me the effort.

Link to post
Share on other sites
jambopilms
52 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

 

What.

 

Where did I say anyone was forcing me to do it.

 

Your post is not only an example of the kind of garbage put forward for taking the knee, it is also an example of the kind of person that will say there is nothing wrong with it. 

Boooooooo 

I bet you stand outside the vaccination centres shouting at folk getting a jab.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
One five
26 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Where do you even begin with this crap. See a therapist. 

 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Boooooooo 

I bet you stand outside the vaccination centres shouting at folk getting a jab.

 

 

 

24 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Saved me the effort.

Best to just ignore!

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Where do you even begin with this crap. See a therapist. 

Actually you might have something there with your last word

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

 

Are you saying they have a choice. I would like an answer to that.

 

Clearly they do when some Hearts players are standing and some are taking the knee.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
On 02/08/2021 at 23:05, escobri said:

My booing the knee has nothing to do with racism, who told the players to do it(sky tv🤔) no kneeling at cove game. Just let me know when you're gonna send the cash. Cheers

 

New signing Beni srood throughout.

Hope Sky aren't demamanding cash back from us for this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

New signing Beni srood throughout.

Hope Sky aren't demamanding cash back from us for this.

I think Gino stood as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

New signing Beni srood throughout.

Hope Sky aren't demamanding cash back from us for this.

 

51 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I think Gino stood as well

Neither of them booed their kneeling teammates though did they?

 

If you protest against anti-racist gestures/actions, guess what that makes you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
3 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

 

Neither of them booed their kneeling teammates though did they?

 

If you protest against anti-racist gestures/actions, guess what that makes you.

My remark was at a poster's stupidly claiming Sky are forcing of "Taking the knew"

Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser
18 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

My remark was at a poster's stupidly claiming Sky are forcing of "Taking the knew"

Sorry about that, the Sky reference whooshed over my head. 

 

Feelings running high on this stuff, should take a breath before posting!

 

Anyway, how 'bout them JTs eh? Magic stuff!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
8 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Sorry about that, the Sky reference whooshed over my head. 

 

Feelings running high on this stuff, should take a breath before posting!

 

Anyway, how 'bout them JTs eh? Magic stuff!

Great start where we got the victims at the right time.:jambobanana:

 

Pray for another one or two signings like Beni

Or am I being greedy:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
August Landmesser
40 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Great start where we got the victims at the right time.:jambobanana:

 

Pray for another one or two signings like Beni

Or am I being greedy:lol:

That's not greedy, I'm hoping for three or four more like him!

Link to post
Share on other sites
tian447
22 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

The idea of Hearts taking the knee makes me sick to my stomach as well as way beyond angry, for so many reasons.

 

Taking the knee has nothing to do with racism, let alone football, and everything to do with getting people cowtowing to bullies. 

 

Why?  Why does a simple few second gesture cause you to have such a childish, pathetic, meltdown? 

 

Having a tantrum over players taking the knee is the strangest of strange behaviours. If you don't agree with it, just shut the **** up and deal with it, it's over as soon as it's started, then the football begins immediately afterward.

 

I have to question the mentality of anyone who overreacts to things like this in such an over the top manner.

 

"sick to my stomach" :rofl:

Imagine if you had to face a real problem in your life. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
niblick1874
5 hours ago, tian447 said:

 

Why?  Why does a simple few second gesture cause you to have such a childish, pathetic, meltdown? 

 

Having a tantrum over players taking the knee is the strangest of strange behaviours. If you don't agree with it, just shut the **** up and deal with it, it's over as soon as it's started, then the football begins immediately afterward.

 

I have to question the mentality of anyone who overreacts to things like this in such an over the top manner.

 

"sick to my stomach" :rofl:

Imagine if you had to face a real problem in your life. 

 

You don't have the first idea about my life, not one.

 

I have pulled up racists all my life and got into a lot of bother because of it, many times. I continue to do so, as in, in their faces. How about you. 

 

When they came out with positive discrimination I was telling everyone that what they were planning would not heal, and, in the end, would do the oposit, all on purpose. We are now witnessing the monster that it spawned. 

 

The way to defeat racism is to grow a pair and face it down when it rears it's head, in person. Think, and act, for yourself. 

 

Good causes, when attempting to organise, can, and in this case has, beeen taken over covertly and used for the opposite of what it was meant to be for. We have People thinking they are revolutionaries calling themselves antifa acting like fascists and people thinking they are antiracist revolutionaries calling themselves Black lives matter acting like racists. Both bullying where evere they go and it is becoming more fascist by the day.   

 

Bending the knee did not originate from football. It came pre packaged and will solve nothing. 

 

If people think taking the knee is a good thing because it shines a light on racism in football, they are wrong, it will not. Pulling up someone when they are being racist will.  

 

I will not go into Heart of Midlothian football club footballers taking the knee and why it turns my stomach, that should be obvous. Again, taking the knee will not stop the nasty two seats along acting like a racist. You loudly pulling them up for it and dealing with where that might go, will. 

 

Bullies and racists are in many ways the same. They will not show themselves for what they really are unless it's going to be safe for them to do so. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • JKBMod 3 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...