• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Boab said:

But football has changed. Finance is king, like it or not. The benefits of European participation far outweigh domestic completion, or at least you would think it would to someone like Budge.

Yeah of course and winning the Scottish cup helps that, St Johnstone were the last team to enter the European fray and should’ve been well prepared unlike the others. We can’t write off a trophy because there’s no Europe on offer for winning it. 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

But only one would have got him sacked. 😄

Not sure it would. Neilson is bombproof in the managers position 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It maybe explains why Robbie thought Celtic away was a good draw.  Possibly a good draw for him personally as he won’t get sacked for losing a cup tie at Parkhead.  He was probably delighted to avoid another Alloa or Brora away.   But obviously it wasn’t a good draw for the club. 

Definitely. Like the money spinner comment it was off the cuff without thinking, trying to cover up for a bad result. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Not quite as much as he was, the reaction to another unsurprising defeat to Celtic shows the feeling against him. 
More bad cup results and awful performances only makes it worse. 

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely. Like the money spinner comment it was off the cuff without thinking, trying to cover up for a bad result. 

His lack of acceptance of his own mistakes is one of the main reasons why he will never progress as a manager. 

18 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

That’s just silly. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

His lack of acceptance of his own mistakes is one of the main reasons why he will never progress as a manager. 

Straight out of his mentors playbook, along with long list of excuses. 

Silvery_Moon
19 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Not many would have survived the Brora catastrophe that's for sure. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

That’s just silly. 

Pretty much standard JKB these days. 

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah of course and winning the Scottish cup helps that, St Johnstone were the last team to enter the European fray and should’ve been well prepared unlike the others. We can’t write off a trophy because there’s no Europe on offer for winning it. 

Of course, not writing anything off but the financial benefits are stark.

If St Johnstone get by this play off, they’ll get €2,940,000 for just getting to the group, €500,000 for a win and €166,000 for a draw.

Even if they fall at this hurdle, they’ll get €750,000. 
It’s modern football ! Distasteful but there it is !

A lot of countries don’t even have a second cup competition. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Not many would have survived the Brora catastrophe that's for sure. 

As bad as it was the next game against WoS showed no response and was equally as damning. Whatever happened with Berra then the meeting with Savage led to a change in formation and better performances,  apart from away games at Dunfermline and Morton. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

If St Johnstone get by this play off, they’ll get €2,940,000 for just getting to the group, €500,000 for a win and €166,000 for a draw.

Yes when it’s put into numbers like that it most certainly isn’t a diddy competition. 
What a difference that would make for us, but for St Johnstone that’s absolutely huge. 
Hope they and Aberdeen get pumped 😆

Fozzyonthefence

Other teams have lost money playing in Europe too though (maybe Motherwell iirc).  Looks like there is money to be made with the new set up but only if you manage to win some games!

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Other teams have lost money playing in Europe too though (maybe Motherwell iirc).  Looks like there is money to be made with the new set up but only if you manage to win some games!

Of course. St Johnstone getting to the groups would be massive and could project them upwards in a footballing sense. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes when it’s put into numbers like that it most certainly isn’t a diddy competition. 
What a difference that would make for us, but for St Johnstone that’s absolutely huge. 
Hope they and Aberdeen get pumped 😆

Big difference even for the sheep.

Two of our main rivals in league placing this year. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Boab said:

Big difference even for the sheep.

Two of our main rivals in league placing this year. 

Absolutely, Ron the Con was eyeing up these figures too. Sales will follow if anyone is mug enough to pay for the two of the worst defenders in the league or a striker no better than Boyce.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Raith aren’t part time though or at least are mostly full time and were in the Premiership play offs so it’s not really a comparison.  You’re taking straw clutching to a new level. 

There is every chance of teams losing a cup tie to a part-time team on a bad pitch on a cold winter evening.

Your desperation to single out Hearts for bashing is comical.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

An extremely lucky win, he is unlikely to get us anywhere near another game at Hampden ever again. Then shat the bed as he did on Sunday. 

I can taste the seethe. :rofl:

He got to the final by beating Hibs and lost on pens.  Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant. :lol:

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There is every chance of teams losing a cup tie to a part-time team on a bad pitch on a cold winter evening.

Your desperation to single out Hearts for bashing is comical.

Your desperation to defend the indefensible is hilarious!  There is always a chance of it happening but we seem to be the only big club this regularly happens to - do you deny this?  For comparison how many part time and non league teams have Hibs and Aberdeen lost to in the last few seasons?  Straight off the top of my head I can think of 4 we’ve lost to.  There’s simply no excuses for this. 

Oh and the Peterhead, East Fife and Alloa defeats were not on a cold winter evening or even anywhere near winter.  But don’t let the facts get in the way of more feeble excuses.  You sound like someone else I know that can’t accept any criticism or admit when he’s made a mistake.🤣🤣

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Just now, frankblack said:

He got to the final by beating Hibs and lost on pens.  Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant. :lol:

Cannot dine on those 2 matches forever. Levein accomplished pretty much the same the previous year and look where he was taking us afterwards...One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Hearts manager minimum expectation is surely Top 6 and a decent run ie no humiliations, in the cups? Maximum achievement is realistically splitting the OF and/or winning a cup.

Getting promoted was all Neilson could and should have done last season in the league and thus is no better or worse than the minimum requirement. There were no Hibs or Rangers, Killie, Hamilton or DUFC in the Championship last season - no team with a recent SPL pedigree in fact.

The cup performances were diabolical. Personally I could've accepted us being knocked out by any team in the SPL, but the teams we did lose to were embarassing and the performances even moreso...

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Your desperation to defend the indefensible is hilarious!  There is always a chance of it happening but we seem to be the only big club this regularly happens to - do you deny this?  For comparison how many part time and non league teams have Hibs and Aberdeen lost to in the last few seasons?  Straight off the top of my head I can think of 4 we’ve lost to.  There’s simply no excuses for this. 

Regularly?  We were in two Scottish cup finals two seasons in a row.

As for the past few seasons, we have been on a massive freefall since Neilson left for MK Dons, and bad results in cups corresponded with bad league form.  We have gone through a number of managers who couldn't cut it until he returned.

I guess you just want to destabalise the club further and throw the toys out the pram when it leads to a deterioration in form.

15 hours ago, Spellczech said:

True but losing to the OF in cups is just an unfortunate draw followed by an expected reverse. 

On this occasion it was an unfortunate draw that could've (probably should've) easily been avoided rather than pure "luck of the draw"

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

As for the past few seasons, we have been on a massive freefall since Neilson left for MK Dons, and bad results in cups corresponded with bad league form.  We have gone through a number of managers who couldn't cut it until he returned.

I guess you just want to destabalise the club further and throw the toys out the pram when it leads to a deterioration in form.

Jesus, get a grip on reality man ffs!

We’ve lost to 4 part time / non league teams in the past 3 or 4 seasons.  True or false?  That’s at least one a season, I’d say that’s pretty regular, wouldn’t you?  I see you didn’t answer my question about how many times this has happened to Hibs or Aberdeen (the only clubs comparable in size to us) but of course I knew you wouldn’t. 

How the hell does some fans having a discussion on a fans forum destabilise the club further?  Have you ever considered maybe a football forum isn’t the place for you if you’re going to lose your shit every time there’s a bit of criticism?  Hate to think what you’d be like in the pub with a load of Hearts fans after a game discussing their opinions on it.

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Arguably the two worst cup performances in our history were on Robbie’s watch, i.e after he returned.

Probably why these type of threads are started in the first place.

A good win on Sunday and hopefully it will disappear down the pages. 

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Arguably the two worst cup performances in our history were on Robbie’s watch, i.e after he returned.

Probably why these type of threads are started in the first place.

A good win on Sunday and hopefully it will disappear down the pages. 

Brora yes - I said he should have been given his jotters on the bus.  Alloa not so much as they were same division as us.  To balance this we did KO Hibs and lose on pens to the Premiership champions as a Championship team.

However, we need to move on and this constant negativity on here trying to destabalise the club is tedious.  We lost a game on Sunday we were expected to lose heavily - our first defeat of the season.  The pant wetting on here is embarassing.

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We’ve lost to 4 part time / non league teams in the past 3 or 4 seasons.  True or false?  That’s at least one a season, I’d say that’s pretty regular, wouldn’t you?  I see you didn’t answer my question about how many times this has happened to Hibs or Aberdeen (the only clubs comparable in size to us) but of course I knew you wouldn’t. 

How the hell does some fans having a discussion on a fans forum destabilise the club further?  Have you ever considered maybe a football forum isn’t the place for you if you’re going to lose your shit every time there’s a bit of criticism?  Hate to think what you’d be like in the pub with a load of Hearts fans after a game discussing their opinions on it.

We got demoted/relegated around the same time because we were in freefall and a complete shambles.   To turn that around does take strength, so get a grip FFS.

"discussion" as in turning every thread into a Neilson out thread since he got appointed and refusing to let it go when the new season started?  :rofl:

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

We got demoted/relegated around the same time because we were in freefall and a complete shambles.   To turn that around does take strength, so get a grip FFS.

"discussion" as in turning every thread into a Neilson out thread since he got appointed and refusing to let it go when the new season started?  :rofl:

So you now accept we lose regularly to part time teams?  It’s ok to admit you’re wrong every now and then you know.

And you do realise this is a thread about Neilson?  You do realise that the falling about in laughter emoji doesn’t add any weight to the rubbish you post?!

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Brora yes - I said he should have been given his jotters on the bus.  Alloa not so much as they were same division as us.  To balance this we did KO Hibs and lose on pens to the Premiership champions as a Championship team.

However, we need to move on and this constant negativity on here trying to destabalise the club is tedious.  We lost a game on Sunday we were expected to lose heavily - our first defeat of the season.  The pant wetting on here is embarassing.

How is it trying to destabilise the club?!  Now that is a hysterical over reaction!

I think pretty much nearly all of us expected to lose but are you not disappointed that we played like a league 2 club first half?

So you now accept we lose regularly to part time teams?  It’s ok to admit you’re wrong every now and then you know.

And you do realise this is a thread about Neilson?  You do realise that the falling about in laughter emoji doesn’t add any weight to the rubbish you post?!

I said that part time teams will beat teams above them occasionally.

I need to post the emoji to stop myself slitting my wrists reading your nauseating prophecies of doom and gloom.

giphy.gif

How is it trying to destabilise the club?!  Now that is a hysterical over reaction!

I think pretty much nearly all of us expected to lose but are you not disappointed that we played like a league 2 club first half?

I'd much rather we went for an attacking formation like Daniel Stendel and got gubbed 5 or 6 nil.

:clyay:

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Not ranting or seething, as you were when called a happy clapper 😂.  One lucky win against Hibs as welcome as it was in a season of dross doesn’t make him a success. His constant failures are much more worrying for folk that see him for what he is, an average manager. Having suffered his playing days, it’s no surprise. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not ranting or seething, as you were when called a happy clapper 😂.  One lucky win against Hibs as welcome as it was in a season of dross doesn’t make him a success. His constant failures are much more worrying for folk that see him for what he is, an average manager. Having suffered his playing days, it’s no surprise. 

The fact you seem to think we can go out and attract a proven manager who will guarantee to improve us shows your naivety. :lol:

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The fact you seem to think we can go out and attract a proven manager who will guarantee to improve us shows your naivety. :lol:

How’s about that for negativity and running down the club 🙈?
Do you think we couldn’t attract someone like Callum Davidson, Alex Neill or Derek Mcinnes for example 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆
The only guarantee is that we are going nowhere with Bob the shitebag in charge. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He would be in the Roseburn waiting on Queen Anne giving him his wages sitting with the other happy clappers looking to see how well rated the restaurant is.  

Rudi cant fail
19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We should however be inviting applications and interviewing candidates, then giving the job to the most suitable candidate who we believe can take us forward as a club. Not taking the easy option and bringing back a manager who has not developed or done anything if note since he left us the last time.

Hopefully we now have the right people in place to ensure this happens in future 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The likelihood is that he would survive another Alloa type cup defeat (probably not Brora though), as long as not in the relegation zone. 

Nah, I'm not having that. If we are anywhere below 6th and go out the cup to a team we should be beating then he's done,no way back.

50 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If comments on here are going to destabilise the club then we are in a very vulnerable position.

'No decent manager would touch us because of what gets said on here...' is what was posted.    

Some will post anything to dictate what others can say on here.  

Edited by Auldbenches

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, Boab said:

If the Europa Conference League is a diddy trophy, I shudder to think what that makes the Premier Sports Cup.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Exactly Boab, why people think this is tinpot is beyond me, money like that would seriously help any club in Scotland, including the uglies, I'd love to be part of the diddy Euro cup! 

56 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It's all he has mate, he's pathetic. 

5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Exactly Boab, why people think this is tinpot is beyond me, money like that would seriously help any club in Scotland, including the uglies, I'd love to be part of the diddy Euro cup! 

I never want Hearts to play in another League Cup Group Stage ever, mate.

Ever !

The Old Tolbooth

I never want Hearts to play in another League Cup Group Stage ever, mate.

Ever !

Ha ha, I hear you mate :lol: 

3 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Unacceptable unless it happens again this season.  Should he go if that type if result happens in the cup this season?  

I don't think he cares about the cups

Look at his comments when the draw was made and the money spinner one after the hibs draw.

We knew what was needed to get seeded and failed.  

I'd rather a cup win than a shot at Europe. 

If he  doesn't care about either of the only 2 trophies we have a realistic chance of winning, he should be punted forthwith. 

Just now, iainmac said:

If he  doesn't care about either of the only 2 trophies we have a realistic chance of winning, he should be punted forthwith. 

Not if the club think euro money is more important.  What do we do with that European money?  Try and win more of it or use it to win cups here?  

We'll find out the clubs priorities if we exit the Scottish early.  

Do we start using the money to start play more positive in Glasgow?  We could do that while we are waiting to get to Europe.  

I hope they still don't see the quarter finals as an achievement.  

35 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

giphy.gif

48 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

We should however be inviting applications and interviewing candidates, then giving the job to the most suitable candidate who we believe can take us forward as a club. Not taking the easy option and bringing back a manager who has not developed or done anything if note since he left us the last time.

Hopefully we now have the right people in place to ensure this happens in future 

giphy.gif

You need a vacancy first, mate. 👍

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I'd much rather we went for an attacking formation like Daniel Stendel and got gubbed 5 or 6 nil.

:clyay:

We should’ve got gubbed by 5 or 6 on Sunday.  We also lost 5-0 at Ibrox just a few weeks before Stendel took over.  However, since you bring it up, Stendel had a 50% win rate in 4 games v Celtic and Rangers, not too shabby.  Maybe he was just better suited to playing the better teams. 

We should’ve got gubbed by 5 or 6 on Sunday.  We also lost 5-0 at Ibrox just a few weeks before Stendel took over.  However, since you bring it up, Stendel had a 50% win rate in 4 games v Celtic and Rangers, not too shabby.  Maybe he was just better suited to playing the better teams. 

Neilson has a 50% record as well since returning. 3 games against Celtic, draw, win and loss. Don’t count the pen shootout. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Neilson has a 50% record as well since returning. 3 games against Celtic, draw, win and loss. Don’t count the pen shootout. 

Since returning?  That’s a bit selective just picking out the good bits - what about his total record?  It won’t be bad  actually, must be much better than Levein’s. 

If only the SFA didn’t count penalty shoot outs too!

7 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

"We should've got gubbed by 5 or 6 on Sunday".  We didn't on Sunday and didn't in the league match either.  Straw clutching.

His record was out of 17 games, W5, D5, L7, with a win percentage of 29% and finished bottom.

If you don't approach games in Glasgow with organisation you get thumped - ask Dundee.

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Since returning?  That’s a bit selective just picking out the good bits - what about his total record?  It won’t be bad  actually, must be much better than Levein’s. 

If only the SFA didn’t count penalty shoot outs too!

You mentioned Stendels record against old firm, I just mentioned Neilson’s.  Add in his 100% record against Hibs as well. 

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic