Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

lost in space
10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's a belter. 

If we're shite it's Bobs fault. 

If we're good, it's because Hearts are. 

Folk back tracking and making up obscure reasons not to give Bob credit is an excellent and fascinating read. 

I can't wait to hear how Bob is shite as the season develops if we do well. 

It's a decent effort by the most rabid of the rabid. 

Glad you are able to have a laugh. Good, not bitter then.

If we are good - it will be because Neilson has done well with a good squad.

If we are shite on the pitch, it will be Neilsons fault because he did not know what to do with a good squad.

Do try to "keep up".

If we do well, Neilson will deserve credit.

What "good" and "doing well" are - is in the eye of the beholder of course.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

Bad Religion
4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

If we are shite on the pitch, it will be Neilsons fault because he did not know what to do with a good squad.

Do try to "keep up".

We will always underachieve with coach Neilson at the helm. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Do try to "keep up".

Ma sides. 

🤣🤣🤣

Everytine Neilson gets a result - 

Untitled design - 2021-03-25T143757.288.png.gallery.jpg

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

We will always underachieve with coach Neilson at the helm. 

Maybe, maybe not. League position wise he's never disappointed as Hearts manager so it seems a bit harsh.

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Boris said:

Nah, what you are forgetting is that people who have been critical of RN have also given credit where it is due.

Maybe not all, but probably the same amount as there are "disciples" who don't criticise when it's appropriate.

Regards squad procurement, I'd agree that it is Hearts (Savage) that is doing the identifying and securing of the players.  RN obvs has input, but I doubt he has gone to Savage and said, "get me that lad Beni from Everton" or such.

Do I want RN to fail?  Of course not, that means Hearts fail.

Do I want RN to succeed?  Of course, that means Hearts succeed.

Do I think RN can produce?  Sadly, the jury is still out on that for me.  So far so good, by and large, so like everyone else I hope we move onwards and upwards.  But credit and criticism are part and parcel of the game.

The rabid of the rabid do not think like you. 

You are perfectly balanced, makes sense. 

I criticise all the time, it just gets overlooked. 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Ah, the old myth of leaving us in second place, which was only because we'd played more games than anyone else in the league, once everyone else caught up we were down to 4th, which to be fair is still a hell of a lot better than most other managers have managed since with us, but it doesn't take away from the fact that his style of play is desperately dull, and let's not peddle the old "the fans ran him out" myth either, because if that was the case he would never have come back, the truth of the matter is that some tinpot English outfit came along and flashed their knickers at him, and he dropped us like a hot stone to run to them.....which worked out well eh? 

I genuinely love the work that Hearts and Savage are doing right now, my main worry is that the manager will make it all look very ordinary, I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen nothing to convince me otherwise so far this season. 

Hearts and Savage..... 

🤣🤣🤣

If we continue to be around 3rd and 4th place the mental gymnastics by some are going to be a bigger highlight than I thought possible. 

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Bit unfair to imply that Robbie’s first year at Dundee United was a failure. Took over in October with DU in 4th place, got them up to a comfortable second by end-season, beat ICT home and away in the promotion play off semi, then draws home and away against St Mirren in the final, losing only on penalties. Progress that was followed up by promotion the following year. 

I didn’t say it was a failure but it certainly wasn’t a success. 

Bad Religion
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hearts and Savage..... 

🤣🤣🤣

If we continue to be around 3rd and 4th place the mental gymnastics by some are going to be a bigger highlight than I thought possible. 

Tosh, there is no one more "rabid" on this site than your good self. 47000 posts are testament to that.

Bad Religion
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Maybe, maybe not. League position wise he's never disappointed as Hearts manager so it seems a bit harsh.

Time will tell I suppose.

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Tosh, there is no one more "rabid" on this site than your good self. 47000 posts are testament to that.

Exactly, he's got more posts than Dave ffs :lol: 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Bollocks, he might have a lot to say, but that's not the same as rabid.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Nah, what you are forgetting is that people who have been critical of RN have also given credit where it is due.

Maybe not all, but probably the same amount as there are "disciples" who don't criticise when it's appropriate.

Regards squad procurement, I'd agree that it is Hearts (Savage) that is doing the identifying and securing of the players.  RN obvs has input, but I doubt he has gone to Savage and said, "get me that lad Beni from Everton" or such.

Do I think RN can produce?  Sadly, the jury is still out on that for me.  So far so good, by and large, so like everyone else I hope we move onwards and upwards.  But credit and criticism are part and parcel of the game.

Spot on.

My issue is I think we need a manager who matches our ambition. Don't think we do. My worry is he does a passable job.

Don't really want passable.

I want exciting. I want to feel we're on to something. Not sure we'll get that with Robbie unfortunately.

Hey let's see. He's oor Robbie at the end of the day, so let's see what he does with the squad the club are giving him.

Bad Religion
20 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Bollocks, he might have a lot to say, but that's not the same as rabid.

He is equally as rabid as the so called Robbie outers, just at the opposite end of the spectrum.

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Ah, the old myth of leaving us in second place, which was only because we'd played more games than anyone else in the league, once everyone else caught up we were down to 4th, which to be fair is still a hell of a lot better than most other managers have managed since with us, but it doesn't take away from the fact that his style of play is desperately dull, and let's not peddle the old "the fans ran him out" myth either, because if that was the case he would never have come back, the truth of the matter is that some tinpot English outfit came along and flashed their knickers at him, and he dropped us like a hot stone to run to them.....which worked out well eh? 

I genuinely love the work that Hearts and Savage are doing right now, my main worry is that the manager will make it all look very ordinary, I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen nothing to convince me otherwise so far this season. 

That's it in a nutshell.

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

He is equally as rabid as the so called Robbie outers, just at the opposite end of the spectrum.

He's a pretty calm poster in the face of a lot of pressure from those who disagree with him. Particularly un-rabid I'd say!

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I criticise all the time, it just gets overlooked.

Thats true, you said Neilson should’ve been sacked after Brora 👍

lost in space

Totally agree although Ilike to think the fans helped him make up his mind to go. He maybe thought we had forgotten how boring his teams were.

Bad Religion
20 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He's a pretty calm poster in the face of a lot of pressure from those who disagree with him. Particularly un-rabid I'd say!

I disagree. He dominates every single thread with the same repetitive crap, hence the ridiculous post count.

We get it, he loves Robbie. He doesn't need to tell everyone all day everyday. 

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

I disagree. He dominates every single thread with the same repetitive crap, hence the ridiculous post count.

We get it, he loves Robbie. He doesn't need to tell everyone all day everyday. 

Calmly repeating yourself isn't rabid for me

Bad Religion
Just now, Smithee said:

Calmly repeating yourself isn't rabid for me

Seems apt with regards to his view on Robbie and formerly Craig Levein.

image.png

Scott Leitch
2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Great post.

Here's a predicted failing, lack of game time for Pollock, only way he is getting game time is loads of injuries or odd minute if we are lucky enough to be 2/3 up in a game.

Do not see him starting this season unless major covid/ injury issues.

1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

Wanted Hibs to win the cup but calls Hearts fans "rabid" and "roasters" on a regular basis with impunity on here?

Hmmmmmmm...............

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, kila said:

Thats true, you said Neilson should’ve been sacked after Brora 👍

Yip. 

And that he taken too long with subs on Sunday. 

The difference is it's not personal with me so I move forward rather than greet and whine about things from last season or 5 years ago just to justify my personal dislike for the guy. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot

Exactly, he's got more posts than Dave ffs :lol: 

Tbf, lots of posters have had more reboots than rangers, post count isn't 100% accurate for some. 

And Tbh, If folk would just listen and agree with me it would really save my post count. 😁

Unknown user
34 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Seems apt with regards to his view on Robbie and formerly Craig Levein.

image.png

Nah, he criticises too. But whatever, who cares, let's all worry about our own patter

Things that annoy me about Neilson:

Brora Rangers

Shitting the bed every time in Glasgow

Changing formation to protect leads rather than going for jugular

Things that I quite like about him:

7 points out of 9.

Do I think he is the man to take us forward over a longer period?  Jury out, however he is better than what we had previously.

3 hours ago, Boris said:

A balanced post - like it.

There does seem to be a yearning from some for the Holy Grail - that is, a manager who can get his team to play swashbuckling football (pretty much every game) - and win pretty much every game.

If this happened, we'd surely be sharing league titles with the ugly sisters??

lost in space
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

And that he taken too long with subs on Sunday. 

The difference is it's not personal with me so I move forward rather than greet and whine about things from last season or 5 years ago just to justify my personal dislike for the guy. 

You seem VERY CONFUSED.

Most (maybe all) of the people who want Robbie out do not dislike the guy himself.

Not a lot to dislike - apart from his personality trait of never taking responsibility.

I WANT him to do well. I would love it if he showed more on field ambition. I would love it if he was able to motivate players. I would be delighted if he improved at least one player.

If you think that I and others are greetin and whineing - you are entitled to your own opinion.

We all want Hearts to be successful but I and some others don't think it is likely under Neilson.

We are all prepared to be pleasantly surprised but the idea that many hate Neilson is just wrong. It is NOT personal.

Bad Religion
7 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

There does seem to be a yearning from some for the Holy Grail - that is, a manager who can get his team to play swashbuckling football (pretty much every game) - and win pretty much every game.

Most just want a manager that will get the best out of his players. Robbie isn’t that man. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, lost in space said:

You seem VERY CONFUSED.

Most (maybe all) of the people who want Robbie out do not dislike the guy himself.

Not a lot to dislike - apart from his personality trait of never taking responsibility.

I WANT him to do well. I would love it if he showed more on field ambition. I would love it if he was able to motivate players. I would be delighted if he improved at least one player.

If you think that I and others are greetin and whineing - you are entitled to your own opinion.

We all want Hearts to be successful but I and some others don't think it is likely under Neilson.

We are all prepared to be pleasantly surprised but the idea that many hate Neilson is just wrong. It is NOT personal.

Tripe. 

Not even you believe half of that. 

3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

You've met one myth with another. We were in second. Rangers were in third having played the same number of games as us. Aberdeen were in fourth with games in hand that would take them above us. So once those games were caught up we would have been 3rd. The fact Rangers also ended up above us was because of results after Neilson left, not because they had games in hand on us when we were in second.

I hadn't been on this thread in a while. I see it has descended from documenting his percieved failures to documenting the future failures that posters think he will have. What a car crash.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tripe. 

Was it personal for you when you were calling for Robbie to be sacked?

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Like Burley? That’s the unattainable benchmark I suppose. 

lost in space
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tripe. 

Well, thanks for being brief, at least.

So do you actually think many supporters (or maybe just me) want Hearts to lose??

Can you not just accept that some fans don't believe that Neilson is the right man to take us forward?

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I'd say so. Did Burley have players on the massive wages during that incredible start to the season? 

1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

Most just want a manager that will get the best out of his players. Robbie isn’t that man. 

so....if Nielsen gets the best out of these players, in your opinion what would the outcome be per game and over a season?

Bad Religion
7 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

so....if Nielsen gets the best out of these players, in your opinion what would the outcome be per game and over a season?

Win every game obviously.

In your opinion what would the outcome be per game and over a season?

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Tommy Walker. 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I'd say so. Did Burley have players on the massive wages during that incredible start to the season? 

Of course he did, but he had a style that RN can only dream of. Ironically enough it was the RB that he desperately wanted to replace 😆

Pasquale for King
Just now, davemclaren said:

Tommy Walker. 

Well indeed but that’s for guys even older than you to tell us about. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Well indeed but that’s for guys even older than you to tell us about. 

That’s true. 😄 Most successfull Hearts manager ever but even he got sacked in the end. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s true. 😄 Most successfull Hearts manager ever but even he got sacked in the end. 

Mad Walker oot 

ShortmanRossco
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf, lots of posters have had more reboots than rangers, post count isn't 100% accurate for some. 

And Tbh, If folk would just listen and agree with me it would really save my post count. 😁

I don’t agree with you half the time admittedly but I for one think you are good for JKB by offering a different perspective. Respect my man! 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, lost in space said:

Well, thanks for being brief, at least.

So do you actually think many supporters (or maybe just me) want Hearts to lose??

Can you not just accept that some fans don't believe that Neilson is the right man to take us forward?

No, more than you want us to lose. Some have said directly, others are more stealth in so that they are scant with praise but rabid, resourceful  and bordering on gleeful in their criticism.

Can you just accept that he is taking us forward like he did last time and just give it a rest with constant negative drivel?

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

You've met one myth with another. We were in second. Rangers were in third having played the same number of games as us. Aberdeen were in fourth with games in hand that would take them above us. So once those games were caught up we would have been 3rd. The fact Rangers also ended up above us was because of results after Neilson left, not because they had games in hand on us when we were in second.

I hadn't been on this thread in a while. I see it has descended from documenting his percieved failures to documenting the future failures that posters think he will have. What a car crash.

This actually happened yet folk say it didn't. 

It's incredible stuff. 

lost in space
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No, more than you want us to lose. Some have said directly, others are more stealth in so that they are scant with praise but rabid, resourceful  and bordering on gleeful in their criticism.

Can you just accept that he is taking us forward like he did last time and just give it a rest with constant negative drivel?

He did take us forward the last time. In fact he was more attacking the last time we were in Championship. It was when we got promoted the last time that he became defensive.

This time he was more "careful" in the Championship. 

Hearts are moving forward and the off field support he has within the club is better developed. I will be DELIGHTED if he can be part of that improvement.

Some managers can grow into a job and can realise potential - learning from past mistakes. I don't see that with Neilson.

He has a chance - up to him to take it - or fail.

"drivel"?? - how unkind.

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic