Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

InternationalJambo
2 hours ago, Sid said:

I agree with the comments around too defensive and slow in substitutions. 
however, the actual subs have often improved things. Walker goal. Gino. Etc. 
Also, find it hard to understand people predicting he will remain defensive minded when McEneff was signed because of his energy going forward (still to convince us on that). Gino and GMS both not defensive and the Liverpool guy can hardly be described as a holding mid. 
I think his problem is he thinks he can manage a game early doors, then win it late on because he’s done it before but that tactic doesn’t work most of the time. 
Also, if something is going wrong, he won’t make changes first half. Second half, too much debate over it giving subs too little time to impact the game. 
mom Smith being injured. I was watching Smith and Robbie. No communication between them. Smith should have held his hand up snd admitted, he wouldn’t be able to mark his man or push forward. Robbie should have spotted him and asked the question. 

Neilson signalled to MS to go down to when he felt his hamstring initially. Gestured for him to sit down whilst crossing his arms to instigate if he couldn’t last the rest of the match go down to let the physio on, MS got up and got on with the game. Yet again BS.  

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

19 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Neilson signalled to MS to go down to when he felt his hamstring initially. Gestured for him to sit down whilst crossing his arms to instigate if he couldn’t last the rest of the match go down to let the physio on, MS got up and got on with the game. Yet again BS.  

Yip, I saw that as well. 

InternationalJambo
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip, I saw that as well. 

Just another example of folk needing to take posts on here with a pinch of salt rather than taking stuff on the internet at face value. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Ked said:

I can read.

There is no mask.

Who were you before? 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

If current form continues a season of mid table boring football lies ahead. Weve rode our luck a bit already, Tynecastle was packed and buzzing on Sunday but I left feeling flat at the performance. Our first 11 is decent with more signings to come. He has to be more adventurous as he’s being backed massively from the club but more performances like Sunday will confirm to me he’s not the man to take us forward. 

Shite. 

Massive steaming pile of shite. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Shite. 

Aye ok it’s just my opinion🤷‍♂️.  Your getting yourself all worked up again with your comments. Take some time off from posts with a slight critical view of our Coach. Cant be good for you 👍

Sub4TiddlerMurray
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who were you before? 

Please please stop bumping this dog turd of a thread. It's time to enjoy the new rather than poke this with a stick and stink the place up again and again.

6 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

An invite to the yearly “sausage sizzle” to earn your cooking badge is hardly “elite”.

Cooking ?  I do a mean beans on toast.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Shite. 

Now now Stevie1874 is spot on and your now bottom of the class any more rubbish from you and you’ll be put in the corner facing the wall with a dunces hat on. 

5 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

And that left M. Smith hobbling about for the rest of the game. He should of been substituted right there and then.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

It's definitely slipped alright. 

It's at his ankles. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Aye ok it’s just my opinion🤷‍♂️.  Your getting yourself all worked up again with your comments. Take some time off from posts with a slight critical view of our Coach. Cant be good for you 👍

I criticised Bob on Saturday, slow with  subs and not convinced with Haring and Beni playing together., but I've also shared why I think Haring is playing atm. 

Your post was just utter rubbish tho, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled it to call it tripe. 

17 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

Yet again BS?  
My view on it. If you don’t want to go on a forum where topics are discussed and views shared, GTF. 
Your view is he should have stayed on given what he contributed straight after that? 

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Now now Stevie1874 is spot on and your now bottom of the class any more rubbish from you and you’ll be put in the corner facing the wall with a dunces hat on. 

That’s where he lives. 

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

He loves saying that to others 😆

Pasquale for King

If we get the players it appears we are after RN will have to dig deep into his bag of excuses if he doesn’t succeed. 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If we get the players it appears we are after RN will have to dig deep into his bag of excuses if he doesn’t succeed. 

You can only hope, eh? 

lost in space
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The worlds top astronomers are presently using the Hubble telescope to try to gauge the actual size of that bag.

Pasquale for King
Just now, lost in space said:

The worlds top astronomers are presently using the Hubble telescope to try to gauge the actual size of that bag.

Hahahahaha they can’t believe it’s actually bigger than Leveins 😂

You know what I love is people who have never been to that level but are experts, hilarious, is there any kickbackers on here who have the experience to do a better job

underwaterwoodwelder

Team went flat after we scored against Aberdeen. 

My opinion he should have changed subs sooner after the goal and before the sheep scored. 

I thought we were a wee bit unlucky on Sunday. We were excellent first half, we pressed them high and forced them into mistakes and long balls. 

Once we went 1 up, we changed to sit deeper and hit them on the break but unfortunately we conceded a shitty goal that should have been defended better. It happens. 

I personally didn't think that Robbie had enough on the bench to change it and we couldn't have played with the same high intensity press for 90 minutes without making mistakes. 

Aberdeen aren't a bad side and I think once we get our squad complete, we'd probably win games like Sunday. That said, definitely 2 points dropped because we were better than them for most of the game. 

Robbies done alright so far but it'll be the away games like this weekends v Dundee Utd which dictate whether or not he can get us where we should be, which, with the squad we're assembling, is 3rd place. 

Fxxx the SPFL
17 minutes ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

Team went flat after we scored against Aberdeen. 

My opinion he should have changed subs sooner after the goal and before the sheep scored. 

Hindsight is a great thing 

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, jamborich said:

You know what I love is people who have never been to that level but are experts, hilarious, is there any kickbackers on here who have the experience to do a better job

Like Mourinho?

Fxxx the SPFL
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I thought we were a wee bit unlucky on Sunday. We were excellent first half, we pressed them high and forced them into mistakes and long balls. 

Once we went 1 up, we changed to sit deeper and hit them on the break but unfortunately we conceded a shitty goal that should have been defended better. It happens. 

I personally didn't think that Robbie had enough on the bench to change it and we couldn't have played with the same high intensity press for 90 minutes without making mistakes. 

Aberdeen aren't a bad side and I think once we get our squad complete, we'd probably win games like Sunday. That said, definitely 2 points dropped because we were better than them for most of the game. 

Robbies done alright so far but it'll be the away games like this weekends v Dundee Utd which dictate whether or not he can get us where we should be, which, with the squad we're assembling, is 3rd place. 

Very good assessment my only point would be bringing on Conor Smith instead of JW this laddie has bags of pace and energy which is what we needed and hopefully get Gnando back for an outball 

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, jamborich said:

I’ve never been a prime minister but I know Boris Johnson is a useless *****, am I allowed to think this?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Very good assessment my only point would be bringing on Conor Smith instead of JW this laddie has bags of pace and energy which is what we needed and hopefully get Gnando back for an outball 

He’s going out in loan again, RN simply won’t play young players. 

KyleLafferty
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s going out in loan again, RN simply won’t play young players. 

Gino-23

Cammy Devlin- 23

Woodburn- 21

Beni- 22

Cochrane-21

Henderson-21

Souttar-24

Dont know if I missed ones but those are players that are going to be playing most games for us (except Hendo). He also started pollock in every league cup game except Stirling I think? He plays young players but might not be academy players.

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You can only hope, eh? 

Now now that’s not nice Smith’s right boot your being very bitchy to fellow Jambos and what makes it worse is your wrong about so many things regarding the manager who is being given a squad that he is lucky to get.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Now now that’s not nice Smith’s right boot your being very bitchy to fellow Jambos and what makes it worse is your wrong about so many things regarding the manager who is being given a squad that he is lucky to get.

He's assembling a good squad, just like he did last time with us. 

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Too many punters happy to stick the boot into Robbie and I’ve said this before it all boils down to the 2-2 game with the hobbits that allowed them to break their cup hoodoo and that’s it imo

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thing is, he usually succeeds. There's that.

McGlynn The Money
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

:what:

Just now, **** the SPFL said:

Too many punters happy to stick the boot into Robbie and I’ve said this before it all boils down to the 2-2 game with the hobbits that allowed them to break their cup hoodoo and that’s it imo

Just now, **** the SPFL said:

During games he has made too many mistakes tactically as well as poor substitutions. He walks up and down the touch line and you can tell he’s a lost cause. And when he gets things wrong from the start like Celtic in the cup he blames the players despite his defensive team selection. 

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Gino-23

Cammy Devlin- 23

Woodburn- 21

Beni- 22

Cochrane-21

Henderson-21

Souttar-24

Dont know if I missed ones but those are players that are going to be playing most games for us (except Hendo). He also started pollock in every league cup game except Stirling I think? He plays young players but might not be academy players.

I meant our academy players, he’s said most of the them like Smith/Henderson/Denholm will go out on loan. He gave Henderson a minute on Sunday. 
He played youngsters last year in the LC stages then dropped them, Poll ock won’t be seen until April or May as he has 5/6 players in front of him now. 
He doesn’t play young academy players that need coaching to progress, never has never will. 
Look back a few pages, I’ve had this argument and nobody can name any player he’s played and helped progress. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Thing is, he usually succeeds. There's that.

Like he did at MK Dons or his first season with Utd? In 6.5 years as a manager he’s succeeded in 4 and most of its has been awful to watch. 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Not for me, there are many other reasons to question him apart from that. Brora for one. 

Niemi’s gloves
32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like he did at MK Dons or his first season with Utd? In 6.5 years as a manager he’s succeeded in 4 and most of its has been awful to watch. 

Bit unfair to imply that Robbie’s first year at Dundee United was a failure. Took over in October with DU in 4th place, got them up to a comfortable second by end-season, beat ICT home and away in the promotion play off semi, then draws home and away against St Mirren in the final, losing only on penalties. Progress that was followed up by promotion the following year. 

lost in space
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Neilson is not assembling a good squad.

Hearts are. This is not just semantics. 

Part of his job, apparently, is to identify areas that need improvement and to agree (or not) possible targets.

Hearts will have a good squad. What we don't know yet is whether Neilson will get the best out of them.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Neilson is not assembling a good squad.

Hearts are. This is not just semantics. 

Part of his job, apparently, is to identify areas that need improvement and to agree (or not) possible targets.

Hearts will have a good squad. What we don't know yet is whether Neilson will get the best out of them.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's a belter. 

If we're shite it's Bobs fault. 

If we're good, it's because Hearts are. 

Folk back tracking and making up obscure reasons not to give Bob credit is an excellent and fascinating read. 

I can't wait to hear how Bob is shite as the season develops if we do well. 

It's a decent effort by the most rabid of the rabid. 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Bit unfair to imply that Robbie’s first year at Dundee United was a failure. Took over in October with DU in 4th place, got them up to a comfortable second by end-season, beat ICT home and away in the promotion play off semi, then draws home and away against St Mirren in the final, losing only on penalties. Progress that was followed up by promotion the following year. 

Added to

1st, 3td, left us in 2nd, 1st with us. 

As I said above it's fascinating the commitment shown by some to down play a Hearts man. 

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Dundee Utd fans enjoying Neilsonball in Shankland's promotion season.

33189152-young-fans-fell-asleep-while-wa

The Old Tolbooth
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Added to

1st, 3td, left us in 2nd, 1st with us. 

As I said above it's fascinating the commitment shown by some to down play a Hearts man. 

Ah, the old myth of leaving us in second place, which was only because we'd played more games than anyone else in the league, once everyone else caught up we were down to 4th, which to be fair is still a hell of a lot better than most other managers have managed since with us, but it doesn't take away from the fact that his style of play is desperately dull, and let's not peddle the old "the fans ran him out" myth either, because if that was the case he would never have come back, the truth of the matter is that some tinpot English outfit came along and flashed their knickers at him, and he dropped us like a hot stone to run to them.....which worked out well eh? 

I genuinely love the work that Hearts and Savage are doing right now, my main worry is that the manager will make it all look very ordinary, I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen nothing to convince me otherwise so far this season. 

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's a belter. 

If we're shite it's Bobs fault. 

If we're good, it's because Hearts are. 

Folk back tracking and making up obscure reasons not to give Bob credit is an excellent and fascinating read. 

I can't wait to hear how Bob is shite as the season develops if we do well. 

It's a decent effort by the most rabid of the rabid. 

Nah, what you are forgetting is that people who have been critical of RN have also given credit where it is due.

Maybe not all, but probably the same amount as there are "disciples" who don't criticise when it's appropriate.

Regards squad procurement, I'd agree that it is Hearts (Savage) that is doing the identifying and securing of the players.  RN obvs has input, but I doubt he has gone to Savage and said, "get me that lad Beni from Everton" or such.

Do I want RN to fail?  Of course not, that means Hearts fail.

Do I want RN to succeed?  Of course, that means Hearts succeed.

Do I think RN can produce?  Sadly, the jury is still out on that for me.  So far so good, by and large, so like everyone else I hope we move onwards and upwards.  But credit and criticism are part and parcel of the game.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Never got the kids packed lunch today, and forgot to clean the kitchen work tops last night. What an arsehole, not sure why Mrs N bothers

19 minutes ago, Boris said:

Nah, what you are forgetting is that people who have been critical of RN have also given credit where it is due.

I must admit I had forgotten that too.

Fxxx the SPFL
25 minutes ago, Boris said:

Maybe not all, but probably the same amount as there are "disciples" who don't criticise when it's appropriate.

Regards squad procurement, I'd agree that it is Hearts (Savage) that is doing the identifying and securing of the players.  RN obvs has input, but I doubt he has gone to Savage and said, "get me that lad Beni from Everton" or such.

Do I think RN can produce?  Sadly, the jury is still out on that for me.  So far so good, by and large, so like everyone else I hope we move onwards and upwards.  But credit and criticism are part and parcel of the game.

can't argue with any of that we just all have to try and get behind the team the fans by and large were good on Sunday but as soon as the sheep equalised you started to hear rumblings from the stands and that can only unsettle the players. when the smellies are hear they still try to get behind their team when getting beat.

29 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I genuinely love the work that Hearts and Savage are doing right now, my main worry is that the manager will make it all look very ordinary, I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen nothing to convince me otherwise so far this season. 

This is my fear.

26 minutes ago, Boris said:

A balanced post...always knew you were a wishy-washy liberal 😉

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic