• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Are we talking about Locke or Stendel now?  As I understand it Locke's had expired/was expiring when Budge took over and wasn't renewed.

I thought you meant DS.

Locke’s had expired, yes. He didn’t necessarily expect it to be renewed but he, “could’ve been knocked over with a feather,” when his replacement was introduced. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We will never know but unfortunately for Locke his record after us show his strength doesn’t really lie in management. 
I would still let him have a few minutes with the team right before a derby. 

😂👍

Fozzyonthefence
25 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Haha aye ok Frank. The club has every right to make decisions on managerial appointments as they see fit. The way the whole situation was handled however was shocking as highlighted in the documentary. Stendel could have at least been told that his services were no longer required directly from the club, and not via the media. The whole “ we tried to contact Daniel” line from Anne was amateurish and embarrassing. 

She maybe did try to contact him but,  as with any redundancy situation at work,  it should have been handled professionally and delicately and not made public until he was informed.  I was made redundant in April myself and would have been raging if I’d found out  through a third party or a colleague rather than through the proper channels (although I wouldn’t have been surprised at my former employer!).

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Budge needs some help with her man management. 

Definitely 

Fozzyonthefence
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We will never know but unfortunately for Locke his record after us show his strength doesn’t really lie in management. 
I would still let him have a few minutes with the team right before a derby. 

I heard that he did.  Before the semi.  Didn’t really work though did it, it was an awful first half performance!  Or maybe it was half time I can’t remember now. 

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

She maybe did try to contact him but,  as with any redundancy situation at work,  it should have been handled professionally and delicately and not made public until he was informed.  I was made redundant in April myself and would have been raging if I’d found out  through a third party or a colleague rather than through the proper channels (although I wouldn’t have been surprised at my former employer!).

Sorry to hear that.  Happened to me a few years ago, and was fairly hard to take at first even though I kind of expected it.

Walked in to work and found an office meeting invite sitting for 10am with an HR person I had never seen, so alarm bells rang loud that it was coming.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I heard that he did.  Before the semi.  Didn’t really work though did it, it was an awful first half performance!  Or maybe it was half time I can’t remember now. 

I doubt it RN would allow that but kudos if he did. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Sorry to hear that.  Happened to me a few years ago, and was fairly hard to take at first even though I kind of expected it.

Walked in to work and found an office meeting invite sitting for 10am with an HR person I had never seen, so alarm bells rang loud that it was coming.

Yeah it’s not the best feeling in the world is it but I had plenty notice and had another job lined up but took ages to get the start date so had a lot longer time off than anticipated and a lot of chores from the Mrs!

Not sure if your way in person is better or worse than a phone call (unavoidable in my case due to working from home).

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I doubt it RN would allow that but kudos if he did. 

I’ll try to find out again but the story came via a first team player and I have no reason to doubt my source.  My memory is shite though, it could even have been the ER game under Stendel but not sure if Locke had a role under him?

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yeah it’s not the best feeling in the world is it but I had plenty notice and had another job lined up but took ages to get the start date so had a lot longer time off than anticipated and a lot of chores from the Mrs!

Not sure if your way in person is better or worse than a phone call (unavoidable in my case due to working from home).

I was kind of lucky in that I did get plenty of notice and lined up another job just in time, which was a step up in a lot of ways, although when Covid hit I had to run a new project  from scratch without having met most of the people I needed due to working from home.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’ll try to find out again but the story came via a first team player and I have no reason to doubt my source.  My memory is shite though, it could even have been the ER game under Stendel but not sure if Locke had a role under him?

Interesting. I’ve not heard that but ER would be my guess. Locke has the same job under both managers I think.

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I was kind of lucky in that I did get plenty of notice and lined up another job just in time, which was a step up in a lot of ways, although when Covid hit I had to run a new project  from scratch without having met most of the people I needed due to working from home.

👍

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

The difference in budget seems to matter when neilson shites himself at Parkhead but it doesn't matter when Alloa and Brora beat us.  

Hypocrisy to justify neilson's failings.  

Anyone trying to find reasons to play down those cup results last session doesn't care as much for the team as much as they do individuals.  

How the **** can anyone say the Alloa loss wasn't that bad? 

The budget does works both ways. 

We done well to beat celtic at home, away from home it is more difficult. 

I expect us to have a real good chance v them at home despite the budget difference. 

I however know that works both ways so teams like Raith, St Mirren etc will feel the same about us,particularly when they are at home. 

The rabid oot gang fail to acknowledge this, they expected big wins home and away v the lesser teams and then expect us to match the likes of celtic and rangers. 

There are no words to counter this. The logic is flawed beyond belief. 

You're political analogy is very apt, it's like arguing with a bexiteer. 

Logic and sense has left the building. 

No one has said the Alloa result wasn't bad either, you made that up - again, the political comparison is apt - Make things up. 

Over the season a budget should be telling tho, like it was for us last season and it Should be this season. 

If we end up around 3rd again and the likes of you are banging on about cup results then the problem is with you. 

You don't like Bob, you want him sacked. 

You never got your way so you're in the cream puff and no matter what will remain in it until he's sacked. You now follow your club in a way that is beyond my comprehension, you want us beat so you get your way an will latch on to any argument to justify your position. 

When we win, you hate the fact you may have to acknowledge not sacking Bob was  the correct decision, despite the poor cup results last season. 

You're not even the worse, 2 posters acknowledged they want us beat so he gets sacked and then they can noise folk up on here and bask in the glory of what would be a Hearts failure. 

Pathetic Tbh. 

If defeat at parkhead leaves you fuming then take Bobs advice of ****ing of to watch man City. 

You'll have more fun. 

Frankblack really taking criticism of Neilson and the club badly, almost as if it is personal.

Quite bizarre skimming through the last few pages seeing how obsessed they are...

5 hours ago, FTH said:

On this occasion it was an unfortunate draw that could've (probably should've) easily been avoided rather than pure "luck of the draw"

Yeah I kind of agree, on the basis that Robbie seems to have that defender who becomes a manager view that a win is a win, so 1 goal will do. I often get the feeling that when we win by 3 or 4 goals it is because the players relaxed after scoring 1, and the manager would be just as happy with 1-0 as 5-0. Similarly when it comes to defeat, he can live with a 2-3 defeat despite the fact that the rest of us see the below as truly terrible stats: 

image.png.d424fde9c7144c1963e1b629e7b9185e.png

When you read his opinion he is almost slapping himself on the back for his formation change in the second half, but too bloody often he is having to change the formation because he sets up in the first half so badly...Talk of "taking the positives" ignores the glaring problems that the performance and so many others are screaming to the rest of us!

image.png.eea5b065102e0355a278eec60166ef99.png

The reactive rather than proactive approach that a defender takes into matches is reflected in our manager. Too often last season we concerned ourselves with how the other team would approach a game with us, rather than try to develop a style that played to our strengths and let them worry about us...It did appear that Robbie was starting to get it together in the last few games, and he seems to have taken it into this season (except for last Sunday). I hope Sunday was just a blip, but it was a very familiar feeling setback...

Edited by Spellczech

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Frankblack really taking criticism of Neilson and the club badly, almost as if it is personal.

Quite bizarre skimming through the last few pages seeing how obsessed they are...

The hard-core Neilson/Budge/Levein mob always take criticism of them personally.

Has to be a reason.

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I expect us to have a real good chance v them at home despite the budget difference. 

I however know that works both ways so teams like Raith, St Mirren etc will feel the same about us,particularly when they are at home. 

The rabid oot gang fail to acknowledge this, they expected big wins home and away v the lesser teams and then expect us to match the likes of celtic and rangers. 

No one has said the Alloa result wasn't bad either, you made that up - again, the political comparison is apt - Make things up. 

Over the season a budget should be telling tho, like it was for us last season and it Should be this season. 

If we end up around 3rd again and the likes of you are banging on about cup results then the problem is with you. 

You never got your way so you're in the cream puff and no matter what will remain in it until he's sacked. You now follow your club in a way that is beyond my comprehension, you want us beat so you get your way an will latch on to any argument to justify your position. 

When we win, you hate the fact you may have to acknowledge not sacking Bob was  the correct decision, despite the poor cup results last season. 

You're not even the worse, 2 posters acknowledged they want us beat so he gets sacked and then they can noise folk up on here and bask in the glory of what would be a Hearts failure. 

Pathetic Tbh. 

If defeat at parkhead leaves you fuming then take Bobs advice of ****ing of to watch man City. 

You'll have more fun. 

But as you said he is limited. 

Just now, martoon said:

The hard-core Neilson/Budge/Levein mob always take criticism of them personally.

Has to be a reason.

They're related. 

Just now, jr ewing said:

They're related. 

Certainly would explain it, jr.

Long since suspected so.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 minutes ago, martoon said:

What is it with the Neilson's?

The anger, the fury and the frequent **** off's when their excuses run out and their tempers break.

Never told anyone to **** off on here. Suspect I'd be thread banned or suspended if I did.

They appear to have a free pass.

Reminds of when the hibs forum was full of mischievous undercover hearts fans defending wee paddy Fenlon at all costs

9 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Reminds of when the hibs forum was full of mischievous undercover hearts fans defending wee paddy Fenlon at all costs

Fenlon must stay. Miss him and the song. 

49 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Pathetic Tbh. 

You'll have more fun. 

I got to the wanting us beat so he gets sacked and gave up due to you making things up.  

No one is expecting us to go there and beat them, just to learn from previous games and try something different. 

You actually think some fans are wanting  us to lose so he gets sacked?  

I wouldn't moan if we achieved 3rd and went out the cups, but would like to see us approach things differently.  

He best hibs in the semi, so why not just go for?  That's all we are asking.

I'll get hobo accusations here. 

Hibs win 11 top flight away games last season, what's the most we've won under neilson or levein second spell?  

Probably took us over two seasons to achieve that.

You don't half take any criticism of the neilson etc personally.  

You should try and be less emotionally reactionary when it comes to people giving an opinion on here.  

20 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Good times  :rofl:

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I got to the wanting us beat so he gets sacked and gave up due to you making things up.  

No one is expecting us to go there and beat them, just to learn from previous games and try something different. 

You actually think some fans are wanting  us to lose so he gets sacked?  

I wouldn't moan if we achieved 3rd and went out the cups, but would like to see us approach things differently.  

He best hibs in the semi, so why not just go for?  That's all we are asking.

I'll get hobo accusations here. 

Hibs win 11 top flight away games last season, what's the most we've won under neilson or levein second spell?  

Probably took us over two seasons to achieve that.

You don't half take any criticism of the neilson etc personally.  

You should try and be less emotionally reactionary when it comes to people giving an opinion on here.  

I wouldn't care if he left Tommorrow, I'd support the next man. 

Bob left, I backed cathro, I backed CL, I backed Stendel and now I back Bob. 

No emotional investment ion Bob at all. 

Some fans have said on here they want him to lose games. 

The flaw in your logic and the most rabids has been  pointed out. 

The contradiction and irony every time a poster demands we compete with Celtic/ rangers  but pump teams like Raith both home and away is not lost on most. 

The rabid gang are ruining kickback, but us "happy clappers" really need to ignore the white noise as they just enjoy a reaction as they slag just about everything Hearts at every opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The contradiction and irony every time a poster demands we compete with Celtic/ rangers  but pump teams like Raith both home and away is not lost on most. 

The rabid gang are ruining kickback, but us "happy clappers" really need to ignore the white noise as they just enjoy a reaction as they slag just about everything Hearts at every opportunity. 

Think you need to qualify what you mean by "rabids".

Comes across as you mean anyone being critical.

Which seems a bit, um, rabid?

Bad Religion
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You are just happy to support mediocrity. That’s fine, but you are in the minority. 

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Comparing Robbie, 10 years with Hearts, sc winner to Fenlon. 

:berra:

The mask is slipping on some. 

If Bob wins on Sunday they'll be more masks slipping I reckon. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Comparing Robbie, 10 years with Hearts, sc winner to Fenlon. 

:berra:

The mask is slipping on some. 

If Bob wins on Sunday they'll be more masks slipping I reckon. 

Im not comparing neilson to fenlon at all - I’m comparing the defence of them and some of the people defending

being very generous it appears you lack the composure to see it - just too “rabid” in your response

:lol:

43 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Anyone going to the game on Sunday to support the team and manager?

And the ball boys. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Or...........many 'actual' fans demand some progress, even a little each season, rather than perennially wasting resources the 'management' (not owners) know they can rely upon even before any actual income streams and a manager unwilling to play a style that excites the customers and potentially generates additional income streams all in the name of job protection! Robbie is a boring, insipid, uninspiring, defeatist footballing nonentity! He probably puts all the condoms he buys on at the supermarket just in case!

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Interesting. I’ve not heard that but ER would be my guess. Locke has the same job under both managers I think.

It was before the semi v Hibs.  Apparently, Neilson asked Locke to have a wee chat with the players about what the derby meant, etc.  I like the idea, as I can see Locke being a bit more motivational about it than Neilson, but going by the first half in that semi it didn’t have any impact!

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Im not comparing neilson to fenlon at all - I’m comparing the defence of them and some of the people defending

being very generous it appears you lack the composure to see it - just too “rabid” in your response

:lol:

You're as subtle as a brick. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

Or...........many 'actual' fans demand some progress, even a little each season, rather than perennially wasting resources the 'management' (not owners) know they can rely upon even before any actual income streams and a manager unwilling to play a style that excites the customers and potentially generates additional income streams all in the name of job protection! Robbie is a boring, insipid, uninspiring, defeatist footballing nonentity! He probably puts all the condoms he buys on at the supermarket just in case!

State of this. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
40 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're as subtle as a brick. 

probably less of a composure thing and more of an iq thing it would appear

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It was before the semi v Hibs.  Apparently, Neilson asked Locke to have a wee chat with the players about what the derby meant, etc.  I like the idea, as I can see Locke being a bit more motivational about it than Neilson, but going by the first half in that semi it didn’t have any impact!

Well there you go 😆

Years ago, I read a fantasy series (so memorable I can't remember what it was called or who wrote it) where the premise was that the each time the 'bad magic users' used magic to their advantage, it resulted in a corresponding amount of magic available to the 'good magic users', and vice versa.  Thus a balance was struck with the magic itself existing in a state that was neither good nor bad.  This thread reminds me a little of that series.

EDIT - after a bit of Googling it's the Recluce Saga by L E Modesitt Jr.  Not a classic by any means, but it might give some of you something else to do for a wee while...

Edited by Haken

9 minutes ago, Haken said:

Years ago, I read a fantasy series (so memorable I can't remember what it was called or who wrote it) where the premise was that the each time the 'bad magic users' used magic to their advantage, it resulted in a corresponding amount of magic available to the 'good magic users', and vice versa.  Thus a balance was struck with the magic itself existing in a state that was neither good nor bad.  This thread reminds me a little of that series.

EDIT - after a bit of Googling it's the Recluce Saga by L E Modesitt Jr.  Not a classic by any means, but it might give some of you something else to do for a wee while...

Fair enough :lol:

On 16/08/2021 at 00:38, frankblack said:

I think you have a very loose understanding on how professional football works based on your comments.

And I think its easier to have a go at someone rather than converse

lost in space
4 hours ago, Haken said:

Is there any specific drug you would recommend to enhance this particular read?

Asking for a friend.....

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Haken said:

Sounds like  a  magical read. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Asking for a friend.....

"Your friend" should lay of the drugs. Going by his previous posts he already eats too much glue and smokes too much paper mache. 

26 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Asking for a friend.....

Psilocybin, coming to a public park near you very soon. 

Edited by GinRummy

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic