Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Cardiff Hearts said:

Having calmed down ( a little) after yesterday’s shambolic 1H, and whilst I understand the anger at Robbie and the players, I think we as fans also need to take stock. Our squad is limited and not

materially different to that which won the Championship where there were issues ( particularly away from home) and our manager is unproven at this level. We need to ensure we remain in this league first and build for next season and beyond. A top six finish would be an acceptable short term result but we lack the quality and consistency to make inroads on the bigger clubs. 

Our manager is not unproven at this level. 

:vrface:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

Cardiff Hearts
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Our manager is not unproven at this level. 

Point me to his successes in top level football…..

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

It’s self evident our manager and his coaches are not up to it. If Neilson wasn’t an exHearts player, he would have been out on his erse a long time ago. Last season we played in a weak Championship and made heavy work of it. Yesterday was an embarrassment and possibly the worst effort I have seen from a Hearts team at Parkhead. What makes it worse is the feeble excuses from Neilson. 

Self evident... We beat them 2 weeks ago. 

3-2 is no where near the worse effort there.

Heavy work of the Championship ... Top from game one and won it at a canter. 

:berra:

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Cardiff Hearts said:

Point me to his successes in top level football…..

He's had one full season in the top flight, finished third. 

Second season, left us in second. 

This season won his first two games. 

Unproven... :vrface:

Cardiff Hearts

By that 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

One season. Same as Jack Ross. Or do you view him as a success too ? 

31 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

It’s self evident our manager and his coaches are not up to it. If Neilson wasn’t an exHearts player, he would have been out on his erse a long time ago. Last season we played in a weak Championship and made heavy work of it. Yesterday was an embarrassment and possibly the worst effort I have seen from a Hearts team at Parkhead. What makes it worse is the feeble excuses from Neilson. 

We won the Championship by twelve points and before you say it was a pish league remember that our nearest challenger actually defeated an established Premier League team in the play offs. 

The next nearest Challenger from last season has just put Aberdeen out of the LC. 

Hardly the weak league that some use to downplay our Championship win. 

32 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Did I say something you didn’t like Frank? 

Just irrelevant uneducated monotonous drivel. 👌

Cardiff Hearts
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I am unsure why you need to post all these pictures / emojis / ( whatever they may be known as) with your responses.

Is it to show that you are current and “with it “

Or is it to deflect from the flimsiness of your defence of all things Neilson ?

I don’t possess IT  skills to conjure up an image of a plane trailing a banner…shame. That will be current.

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

If Neilson wasn’t an exHearts player, he would have been out on his erse a long time ago. Last season we played in a weak Championship and made heavy work of it. Yesterday was an embarrassment and possibly the worst effort I have seen from a Hearts team at Parkhead. What makes it worse is the feeble excuses from Neilson. 

Based on what?

What club sacks a manager for winning a league then winning 6 of their first 7 games?

(Romanov era aside)

51 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We won the Championship by twelve points and before you say it was a pish league remember that our nearest challenger actually defeated an established Premier League team in the play offs. 

The next nearest Challenger from last season has just put Aberdeen out of the LC. 

Hardly the weak league that some use to downplay our Championship win. 

So you were happy the way we played last season and getting beat by Brora was somehow a bonus.

4 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Based on what?

What club sacks a manager for winning a league then winning 6 of their first 7 games?

(Romanov era aside)

If you think we are progressing under Neilson then so be it. Don’t complain when another Brora comes along.

As I said onSunday as we were absolutely embarrassing, it wouldn’t take long for the Hobos and Neilson apologists to tell us we are doing well.

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

If you think we are progressing under Neilson then so be it. Don’t complain when another Brora comes along.

Who would you replace him with?

I’m all for Hearts succeeding.

If anyone can provide me with the name of a manger out there who is available, that would improve us and we can afford?

12 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

If anyone can provide me with the name of a manger out there who is available, that would improve us and we can afford?

Alex Neil Derek McInnes Callum Davidson. Just for starters. 

Rudi cant fail
53 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Get a grip. You are on a thread where people are expressing their concerns about the manager.  Do you honestly think Neilson will go out and attack Hibs and Aberdeen away from home? 

Edited by Rudi cant fail
Grammar

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

“the worst effort I have seen from a Hearts team at Parkhead”😂😂😂😂

Have you been a hearts fan for about two years? 

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Derek McInnes?  FFS.  

13 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

With the proviso that Neilson is going nowhere at the moment, I'd have gone for Callum Davidson, he's had more success in one year as manager than Neilson has had in 7.

And in anticipation of the usual supplementary question, no I can't guarantee he'd be successful, but I'd like to find out.

25 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Don't complain when your team has a dreadful result?

What on earth are you slavering about? I can't complain about my team having a bad result because I was relatively happy when they were on a decent run of results?

I celebrated when we put Hibs out the cup then came within 1 kick of winning the thing and preventing the quadruple treble. I moaned like feck when we lost to Brora and I was pleased when we won the league by a comfortable margin.

I then appraise the season as a whole and say all in all that was a success.

This year we are up from the championship, have won all the games we are expected to win and of the two we were expected to lose we won one of them. If we keep that up I'll be pleased and if we are pushing for European places at the end of the season I will consider that a successful campaign whether we have one horrendously off night against lower league opposition or not.

And if we do I'll have a good old gripe but I'll still assess the campaign as a whole and if Robbie gets us in the top end of the table I'll still be here defending him while you'll still be here throwing the odd bad result at me and probably havering some inane pish about lack of football philosophy, unsatisfactory tempo of play and how you don't feel entertained

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

much like yourself then Franck

Edited by HMFC 86

26 minutes ago, Beni said:

With the proviso that Neilson is going nowhere at the moment, I'd have gone for Callum Davidson, he's had more success in one year as manager than Neilson has had in 7.

And in anticipation of the usual supplementary question, no I can't guarantee he'd be successful, but I'd like to find out.

I remember fans saying exactly the same about Tommy MacLean.  That worked out well. :rofl:

9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I remember fans saying exactly the same about Tommy MacLean.  That worked out well. :rofl:

I think I quoted him and csaba alongside the last 4 seasons of drudge.

Well said

47 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Why those 3?

What qualities do they have that Robbie doesn’t?

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We also beat Raith 4-0 away - twice......

The mighty raith rovers     who with john mcglynn beat aberdeen  another club with greater financial clout

23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So just stick with RN forever, regardless of his abject record in both cups, because anyone else maybe more rubbish, or rather, not fulfill their expected greatness.

Ironically, RN is meeting the expectations I had when he was reappointed.

Not Dickensian by any standard 

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

So just stick with RN forever, regardless of his abject record in both cups, because anyone else maybe more rubbish, or rather, not fulfill their expected greatness.

Ironically, RN is meeting the expectations I had when he was reappointed.

Not Dickensian by any standard 

Lets sack the manager after our first loss in a game we were expected to get gubbed in. 🤷‍♂️

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Lets sack the manager after our first loss in a game we were expected to get gubbed in. 🤷‍♂️

He is pretty bad in cups though. At a certain point the cup thing becomes a cumulative thing. 

He can do well in leagues, but end of the day, he’ll not survive long term if he doesn’t do something in one of the cups. And the last cup final does not count for him, it was another manager got us to hampden. Its been robbies major Achilles heel. 

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Or let's sack the manager after being emptied in the only realistic trophies we have of winning.

By a non league team and a part time team managed by peter grant.

And not enough progress to make up for it.

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He is pretty bad in cups though. At a certain point the cup thing becomes a cumulative thing. 

He can do well in leagues, but end of the day, he’ll not survive long term if he doesn’t do something in one of the cups. And the last cup final does not count for him, it was another manager got us to hampden. Its been robbies major Achilles heel. 

Pretty bad is understatement of 2021.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That's not what I'm saying. Tbh, pleasantly surprised by the two league results, and the performances to a lesser extent. Long may it continue.

Problem with Sunday was that it seemed a reversion to type.

RN's stock is low with me, and Sunday kind of chipped away at any gain those two league games had given.

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

True but losing to the OF in cups is just an unfortunate draw followed by an expected reverse. St Johnstone won 2 cups last season, but only took care of Rangers in the SC. Other than that they had fortuitous draws including 2 matches against Hibs.

What RN needs to do is NEVER have a repeat of the Alloa & Brora reverses. Those are the type of result a club should experience once in a generation not twice in a season...

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

I am unsure why you need to post all these pictures / emojis / ( whatever they may be known as) with your responses.

Is it to show that you are current and “with it “

Or is it to deflect from the flimsiness of your defence of all things Neilson ?

I don’t possess IT  skills to conjure up an image of a plane trailing a banner…shame. That will be current.

:trippin:

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

By that 

One season. Same as Jack Ross. Or do you view him as a success too ? 

He was a success at hibs last season, yes.

Hibs have finished 3rd iirc 3 times in 30 years, 3rd is a good season for them.

Ross also done well with St Mirren I think.

Wtf has that got to do with Bob an d your claim of him being unproven?

You've now moved the goals posts from unproven to success .

You on the glue?

Edited by Smith's right boot

11 minutes ago, Boris said:

That's not what I'm saying. Tbh, pleasantly surprised by the two league results, and the performances to a lesser extent. Long may it continue.

Problem with Sunday was that it seemed a reversion to type.

RN's stock is low with me, and Sunday kind of chipped away at any gain those two league games had given.

We lost a game we were expected to lose to superior players.  I don't see your point.

4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Why don't you do your own research into their transfers in and out and turnover? 

I just went to Google and this page came back with transfer values of its players: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-midtjylland/startseite/verein/865

I don't know this website, but that was just a 2 minute query on google.

Why would it bother you the reason I asked another poster a question?

46 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Why those 3?

What qualities do they have that Robbie doesn’t?

Motivation confidence and a determination to succeed. 

4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Why would it bother you the reason I asked another poster a question?

I'll take that as an admission you were talking pish. 👌

Guest ToqueJambo

The Robbie Out folk have to be the most tedious, unimaginative so-called football fans on the planet. They can't wait for every defeat, simply can't wait.

That's over two and a half years now (over two periods in the job) that they've been banging on and on and on about, statistically speaking, one of the most consistent Hearts managers in recent times.

Does he have his faults, yeah. But so do Tommy Wright, Stephen Robinson, Alex Neil, Derek McInnes and Calum Davidson and whoever else they latch on to when another manager has a decent season. So did JJ, Doddy, Sergio and more successful managers than Neilson and all of the above. They all had shocking results, embarrassing LC exits, etc. Few of them were as consistent in the league as Neilson has been.

Let's go all out attack against Celtic when we only have one fit striker and one fit winger... 😄 Yeah, because that's worked for teams there.... when exactly? No-one seems to be able to provide an example of a weakened team or even a full strength team attacking Celtic at CP for 90 mins and coming away with a win.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Motivation confidence and a determination to succeed. 

Neilson, 10 years at Hearts. 

Capped at international level. 

Done the best with his limited natural ability that anyone could expect. 

Sc winner with us 

Aye, he clearly has no motivation, confidence or determination. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Hes lived the dream and still is, but aye he lacks the qualities you say. 

Say that to his face, maybe give him lessons on how to be a success in life. 

👍👍

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'll take that as an admission you were talking pish. 👌

Nothing of the sort. Your all over anyone who has anything slightly negative to say about the coaching staff. Time to untangle your knickers and chill 👌

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Based on what?

(Romanov era aside)

He wasn’t talking about this season, he said he should have been out a long time ago which most on here agreed with. He should have been sacked after Brora or at the very least after the capitulation against QOTS a few days later when he couldn’t get a reaction from the players to the worst result in our history. And that was on the back of losing to a part time club in the other cup. 

I’m sure the Hibs or Aberdeen managers wouldn’t have survived these embarrassments.  In fact I very much doubt Stendel would’ve either. 

Neilson isn’t going to get sacked now or because he lost at Parkhead.  But it doesn’t mean fans shouldn’t have doubts about his ability.  I hope he’s a huge success this season but I’d be amazed if he is. 

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Lazy question, Vlad.

It's the remit of whoever is hiring and firing to research who is available and would improve Hearts' fortunes.

Not the support.

Many don't believe that is happening when "down the corridor", and down the corridor's mini me, is the furthest she'll look.

Aye, she appointed Stendel, but down the corridor was still hanging about and even showed the new man around.

Is Neilson really the best head coach Hearts can have, in your opinion?

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

True but losing to the OF in cups is just an unfortunate draw followed by an expected reverse. St Johnstone won 2 cups last season, but only took care of Rangers in the SC. Other than that they had fortuitous draws including 2 matches against Hibs.

What RN needs to do is NEVER have a repeat of the Alloa & Brora reverses. Those are the type of result a club should experience once in a generation not twice in a season...

Alloa result is no where near as bad as folk make out. 

They were a team in the same division as us. 

Getting beat from a team in the same division is not in the same stratosphere of results as the cove disaster. 

The Cove result on it's own is a shocker tho. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Alloa result is no where near as bad as folk make out. 

They were a team in the same division as us. 

Getting beat from a team in the same division is not in the same stratosphere of results as the cove disaster. 

The Cove result on it's own is a shocker tho. 

I assume you mean non league Brora?

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic