Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Psylocibin, coming to a public park near you very soon. 

I think it could explain a lot of this thread

giphy.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

"Your friend" should lay of the drugs. Going by his previous posts he already eats too much glue and smokes too much paper mache. 

Paper mache??? I didn't know about that - must research.

I was asking about mind altering drugs - so I could watch the next away performance under Neilson.

😇. Only joking about the drugs - but not the away performances.

On 17/08/2021 at 08:43, Brighton Jambo said:

I don’t believe you.  Anyone who has seen us play for that long would never believe that is the worst they have ever seen us at Parkhead.  I don’t think it was good, of course I don’t, but to claim it’s the worst ever is a hysterical overreaction which, if you are as old as you claim, is frankly embarrassing.  

Pathetic and embarrassing response. Did you ever see Willie Bauld play? I did. John Cummings, who many like to quote on here would have been disgusted at our performance last Sunday. Cliches from Johnny come latelyes are what I have to expect from many on here.

Fxxx the SPFL
34 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Pathetic and embarrassing response. Did you ever see Willie Bauld play? I did. John Cummings, who many like to quote on here would have been disgusted at our performance last Sunday. Cliches from Johnny come latelyes are what I have to expect from many on here.

I also saw Bauld Cumming and the rest play and that was not our worse performance at darkheid we’ve had some xxxx games against them some even worse at home so don’t come on and do the old cliche I’ve saw the old great players so have a lot of us and I used to deliver papers for Willie Bauld and he always said that he hated darkheid more than any other ground get over it 3-2 was the final score not ten nil 

Just now, **** the SPFL said:

I also saw Bauld Cumming and the rest play and that was not our worse performance at darkheid we’ve had some xxxx games against them some even worse at home so don’t come on and do the old cliche I’ve saw the old great players so have a lot of us and I used to deliver papers for Willie Bauld and he always said that he hated darkheid more than any other ground get over it 3-2 was the final score not ten nil 

OAP battle beginning. I’ll hold the caps and false teeth. 😎

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, davemclaren said:

OAP battle beginning. I’ll hold the caps and false teeth. 😎

I have falsers Dave front two got them kicked out playing against Hawick put my head down to head ball guys leg came up and whoosh two front teeth lying on the grass lol

7 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I have falsers Dave front two got them kicked out playing against Hawick put my head down to head ball guys leg came up and whoosh two front teeth lying on the grass lol

I lost three front teeth in a motorbike accident when I was 22. Implants were less popular then. 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I lost three front teeth in a motorbike accident when I was 22. Implants were less popular then. 

Motorbike 🏍 ooft isle of man TT lol 😂 

Just now, **** the SPFL said:

Motorbike 🏍 ooft isle of man TT lol 😂 

Nope. A Honda 50 after four pints in the pub. 😐

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, davemclaren said:

Nope. A Honda 50 after four pints in the pub. 😐

Shocking Dave my late auld man did a bit of speedway out at Newtongrange he took us to the Isle of Man on holiday in the sixties about three times to watch the TT races he had his old cine camera and one of the old reels has a biker coming off at a corner and going into a bridge the guy died of his injuries which we didn’t know at the time put me off motorbikes forever 

5 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Bit of a peculiar rant?  From 1945 for 20 seasons Celtic only bettered Hearts in head to head results 4 times and finished above us 3 times. 

Don’t know what the weird rush is with some Hearts fans now to back up shite modern day records with a pop at the past when the past was clearly better?

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Bit of a peculiar rant?  From 1945 for 20 seasons Celtic only bettered Hearts in head to head results 4 times and finished above us 3 times. 

Don’t know what the weird rush is with some Hearts fans now to back up shite modern day records with a pop at the past when the past was clearly better?

I was replying to a poster having a go at us for our performance at darkheid I’ve seen a lot worse was all I was trying to point out each to his own 

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I was replying to a poster having a go at us for our performance at darkheid I’ve seen a lot worse was all I was trying to point out each to his own 

Fair enough, bud.  

The TT where my late Dads favourite team and I grew up with the stories on a weekly basis.😁.   I always remember the joy he had when he spoke of how often Hearts beat the old firm back then compared to other periods 👍🏻

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Fair enough, bud.  

The TT where my late Dads favourite team and I grew up with the stories on a weekly basis.😁.   I always remember the joy he had when he spoke of how often Hearts beat the old firm back then compared to other periods 👍🏻

No worries my late auld man was a Hibby but as he was a postie and worked Saturdays he couldn’t get me from wheatfield to fester Road in time so naturally it was Tynie for me thank feck 

Brighton Jambo
20 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

You absolutely reek of Hibs.  I’ve been a hearts fan for the best part of 40 years.  No true Hearts fan could ever say with anything other than an agenda that last Sunday was the worst performance they have ever seen at Celtic Park.   Away back you your own board.  

Still raging about Sunday because against a poor Aberdeen team we witnessed Neilson at his absolute worst. I really feel for the fans and players that have put up with this man who isn’t capable of making sensible decisions,  in fact can’t make  simple obvious tactical changes and makes suicidal substitutions.  No matter how good the signings are and going to be we will always have this handicap round our necks until Neilson is sacked. The obvious replacement would be Alex Neil who would be my choice.

Edited by mitch41

19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Still raging about Sunday because against a poor Aberdeen team we witnessed Neilson at his absolute worst. I really feel for the fans and players that have put up with this man who isn’t capable of making sensible decisions,  in fact can’t make  simple obvious tactical changes and makes suicidal substitutions.  No matter how good the signings are and going to be we will always have this handicap round our necks until Neilson is sacked. The obvious replacement would be Alex Neil who would be my choice.

I'm not Neilson's biggest fan but Alex Neil isn't exactly the most attacking manager. 

17 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I'm not Neilson's biggest fan but Alex Neil isn't exactly the most attacking manager. 

Good motivator by all accounts. 

3 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It’s about know how to defend and attack as a team. How to break in numbers, how to control a game, how to use players to their strengths plus much more. This isn’t the hardest league by far and a half decent manager could win trophies with the resources Hearts have. We can all argue about a new manager but let’s agree Neilson is nowhere good enough for Hearts and that’s a fact.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It’s about know how to defend and attack as a team. How to break in numbers, how to control a game, how to use players to their strengths plus much more. This isn’t the hardest league by far and a half decent manager could win trophies with the resources Hearts have. We can all argue about a new manager but let’s agree Neilson is nowhere good enough for Hearts and that’s a fact.

It's not a fact. 

It's the opposite of a fact, it's your opinion and if current form continues one that will make lots of folk with similar opinions look like massive breasts. 

That will be a fact. 

lost in space

After the HIGH of being back at Tynie, have had a chance to reflect on Dons game.  It was OK.

We started off defensively (what a shock!) - with Halliday and Smith held in a 5 man defence. With 2 defensive midfield players, it meant our front 3 were isolated.

Wing backs were slowly allowed (tactically, not cos Dons were any good) to get forward but we all know that the 2 playing wingback have abilities - but not particularly at wing back. Neither can cross.

Haring looked slow but maybe was kept in middle to combat Broon (which he did).

Game was competative without much entertainment - not many shots on goal.

Superb game by Beni and Boyce worked hard without support.

TYPICAL NEILSON GAME, I suppose. We didnt create enough chances. We didnt test their goalkeeper. We didnt go at them when they may have been tired. We didnt get behind them. We had no attacking midfield players. We had the subs come on too late. Neilson kept his favourite (GMS) on too long as usual. We had no (or not many) shots from outside the box. We had no-one to come on (e.g. "JET") to change the game.

Will we be better at Tannadice? Probably not - will continue to play 2 defensive mids. We need another forward. Will we get one? Probably not, Neilson probably looking at more defensive cover.

To be fair on Neilson (shock!) - we didnt lose. We dont have enough signings yet. 

15 minutes ago, lost in space said:

After the HIGH of being back at Tynie, have had a chance to reflect on Dons game.  It was OK.

We started off defensively (what a shock!) - with Halliday and Smith held in a 5 man defence. With 2 defensive midfield players, it meant our front 3 were isolated.

Wing backs were slowly allowed (tactically, not cos Dons were any good) to get forward but we all know that the 2 playing wingback have abilities - but not particularly at wing back. Neither can cross.

TYPICAL NEILSON GAME, I suppose. We didnt create enough chances. We didnt test their goalkeeper. We didnt go at them when they may have been tired. We didnt get behind them. We had no attacking midfield players. We had the subs come on too late. Neilson kept his favourite (GMS) on too long as usual. We had no (or not many) shots from outside the box. We had no-one to come on (e.g. "JET") to change the game.

Will we be better at Tannadice? Probably not - will continue to play 2 defensive mids. We need another forward. Will we get one? Probably not, Neilson probably looking at more defensive cover.

To be fair on Neilson (shock!) - we didnt lose. We dont have enough signings yet. 

Hopefully Woody and Devlin will appease you - fingers crossed

4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Not far away from my views on Sunday. As much as everyone seems to be happy with the new formation with three at the back, to me (unless he has a complete change) it’s just a formation to let him get more defensive players in. I think everyone agrees that the two wing backs will never be proper functioning wing backs as neither of them have any real ability to overlap and sling in crosses. Therefore, without that potential attacking outlet we’ve basically set up with three central defenders, two full backs and two sitters in midfield. That’s seven pretty much, out and out defenders. 

What is also now looking like a recurring theme is; the complete change in positioning as soon as we go ahead in a game. Three league games, three times we’ve took the lead and three times we’ve looked to then just sit back and hit on the break. The whole team just seems to stop wanting to play how we’ve been playing and go back 15yds and try and make themselves solid. My problem with that is it’s as boring as **** and we just surrender the initiative to the opposition. We keep hearing how opposition players hate the atmosphere at Tynecastle, but instead of harnessing the atmosphere and going after them, we sit back and invite them on to us. This actually turns the crowd frustrated and then moaning at our own players, the same thing happened v Celtic. Aberdeen were there for the taking but unfortunately safety first tactics didn’t work and by the time they equalised we’d completely lost any sort of forward momentum and crowd backing to pick it back up again. He got out of jail with Souttar’s goal versus Celtic as the crowd were booing by our lack of ambition long before the end. Sunday we hardly mustered an attack worthy of the name after we scored, against a team who had a game on Thursday night three thousand miles away and only arrived back in Aberdeen at 6am on the Friday morning. 

We’ve had as a support about five years of turgid, boring shite to watch and I got the feeling on Sunday he’s just one more unacceptable result away from a full fan backlash. In his first spell here he changed (in our first season back in the Premiership) from being a young forward thinking, tactically astute manager into a safety first, cautious, cowardly imposter of his season in charge in the Championship. I hoped we’d get the young Robbie Neilson when he was reappointed but alas no, we got back the balloon with the yellow stripe up his back. 

I appreciate I’ll get told I know **** all and that Robbie’s doing a great job etc, etc. Before anyone feels compelled to reply in that manner could you also list the players that Robbie has improved during his two spells here. This is surely a key attribute of a good manager, so that list should be quite extensive but for the life of me I can’t think of one. 

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not a fact. 

It's the opposite of a fact, it's your opinion and if current form continues one that will make lots of folk with similar opinions look like massive breasts. 

That will be a fact. 

Not as massive as the ones who defended our last manager to the bitter end.

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Ked said:

Not as massive as the ones who defended our last manager to the bitter end.

Aye, but you wouldn't know about that, having joined 3 weeks ago. 

The mask has slipped. 

Who were you before? 

1 hour ago, Paris 84 said:

Not far away from my views on Sunday. As much as everyone seems to be happy with the new formation with three at the back, to me (unless he has a complete change) it’s just a formation to let him get more defensive players in. I think everyone agrees that the two wing backs will never be proper functioning wing backs as neither of them have any real ability to overlap and sling in crosses. Therefore, without that potential attacking outlet we’ve basically set up with three central defenders, two full backs and two sitters in midfield. That’s seven pretty much, out and out defenders. 

What is also now looking like a recurring theme is; the complete change in positioning as soon as we go ahead in a game. Three league games, three times we’ve took the lead and three times we’ve looked to then just sit back and hit on the break. The whole team just seems to stop wanting to play how we’ve been playing and go back 15yds and try and make themselves solid. My problem with that is it’s as boring as **** and we just surrender the initiative to the opposition. We keep hearing how opposition players hate the atmosphere at Tynecastle, but instead of harnessing the atmosphere and going after them, we sit back and invite them on to us. This actually turns the crowd frustrated and then moaning at our own players, the same thing happened v Celtic. Aberdeen were there for the taking but unfortunately safety first tactics didn’t work and by the time they equalised we’d completely lost any sort of forward momentum and crowd backing to pick it back up again. He got out of jail with Souttar’s goal versus Celtic as the crowd were booing by our lack of ambition long before the end. Sunday we hardly mustered an attack worthy of the name after we scored, against a team who had a game on Thursday night three thousand miles away and only arrived back in Aberdeen at 6am on the Friday morning. 

We’ve had as a support about five years of turgid, boring shite to watch and I got the feeling on Sunday he’s just one more unacceptable result away from a full fan backlash. In his first spell here he changed (in our first season back in the Premiership) from being a young forward thinking, tactically astute manager into a safety first, cautious, cowardly imposter of his season in charge in the Championship. I hoped we’d get the young Robbie Neilson when he was reappointed but alas no, we got back the balloon with the yellow stripe up his back. 

I appreciate I’ll get told I know **** all and that Robbie’s doing a great job etc, etc. Before anyone feels compelled to reply in that manner could you also list the players that Robbie has improved during his two spells here. This is surely a key attribute of a good manager, so that list should be quite extensive but for the life of me I can’t think of one. 

This seems perfectly reasonable to me. Sunday's performance was dull as dishwater and the longer the game went on, the more mentally tired we looked which is not really surprising as the concentration levels required to play the style of football we have adopted is very high. Okay, we didn't get beat, but surely we should be looking to do better than the odd attack that breaks down because the quality of crossing is poor?  

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not a fact. 

That will be a fact. 

Now your going to have to stop these ridiculous posts and get real. Your posts were mentioned on sunday in our club and I ended up defending you because it’s not fair that you don’t know as much about the game as I do. By the way I have petite breasts when I diet. Eh I think I’ll start dieting next week, I promise 🙄

2 hours ago, henryheart said:

This seems perfectly reasonable to me. Sunday's performance was dull as dishwater and the longer the game went on, the more mentally tired we looked which is not really surprising as the concentration levels required to play the style of football we have adopted is very high. Okay, we didn't get beat, but surely we should be looking to do better than the odd attack that breaks down because the quality of crossing is poor?  

Again we started with 3 defensive midfielders and ended up on the back foot because Aberdeen could see the obvious weakness in Neilson’s selection. And why wasn’t Smith substituted when he got injured I mean the guy had trouble walking never mind running. And Halliday !! Don’t get me started about this chancer.

No Idle Talk

I am not one of the 'Neilson out'ers but I must admit I was a bit pissed off with the way he managed the second half on Sunday. It can be fairly argued that his tactical decisions and substitutions cost us two points. And that comes seven days after one of the worst halves of football I have seen Hearts play at Parkhead(and there's been more than a few stinkers). 

Come on Robbie. Get it right this weekend.

I think the wheels will come off eventually despite making good signings, but we're currently joint top so I won't be complaining.

With 3 at the back who are they ment to mark. We don’t need 2 or 3 defensive midfielders and I’m sure Baningime with the 3 centre backs the odd one can move forward to help Beni in the engine room leaving 2 attacking wing backs  and 3 all out strikers and a no.10. The strikers are not fixed in one position but rotate to share the workload. 

Goalkeeper

Right Centre Back.    Central Centre Back.    Left Centre Back

V.                              V.                    or.          V 

Defensive Midfielder

Right Wing Back.                                                                                                          Left Wing Back

No. 10

Striker.                           Striker.                       Striker

ok this is just on paper but we need to get back to attacking and controlling games.

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Now your going to have to stop these ridiculous posts and get real. Your posts were mentioned on sunday in our club and I ended up defending you because it’s not fair that you don’t know as much about the game as I do. By the way I have petite breasts when I diet. Eh I think I’ll start dieting next week, I promise 🙄

Don't diet, it's nae fun. 

I'm honoured I'm a point of discussion for you and your club, maybe you'll all take something away from my pearls of wisdom and grow as not only supporters, but human beings. 

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not a fact. 

That will be a fact. 

If current form continues a season of mid table boring football lies ahead. Weve rode our luck a bit already, Tynecastle was packed and buzzing on Sunday but I left feeling flat at the performance. Our first 11 is decent with more signings to come. He has to be more adventurous as he’s being backed massively from the club but more performances like Sunday will confirm to me he’s not the man to take us forward. 

17 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

If current form continues a season of mid table boring football lies ahead. 

A continuation of current form would have won the title 2 out of the last 3 seasons...

1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

A continuation of current form would have won the title 2 out of the last 3 seasons...

Still not good enough unfortunately. 😐

34 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Just basing it on performances not points so far, we were lucky against Celtic, we started well against St Mirren then held on for a win and against Aberdeen only one team looked like winning the game towards the end and it wasn’t us. We have a decent team 1-11 but it’s the way we’re  set up that and tactics that bother me. He has to be a (bit) more adventurous, and with new additions their is no excuse. 👍

4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Just basing it on performances not points so far, we were lucky against Celtic, we started well against St Mirren then held on for a win and against Aberdeen only one team looked like winning the game towards the end and it wasn’t us. We have a decent team 1-11 but it’s the way we’re  set up that and tactics that bother me. He has to be a (bit) more adventurous, and with new additions their is no excuse. 👍

To be fair, many Kickbackers prefer not to judge Robbie on points because his teams usually gets lots of these.

I agree with the comments around too defensive and slow in substitutions. 
however, the actual subs have often improved things. Walker goal. Gino. Etc. 
Also, find it hard to understand people predicting he will remain defensive minded when McEneff was signed because of his energy going forward (still to convince us on that). Gino and GMS both not defensive and the Liverpool guy can hardly be described as a holding mid. 
I think his problem is he thinks he can manage a game early doors, then win it late on because he’s done it before but that tactic doesn’t work most of the time. 
Also, if something is going wrong, he won’t make changes first half. Second half, too much debate over it giving subs too little time to impact the game. 
mom Smith being injured. I was watching Smith and Robbie. No communication between them. Smith should have held his hand up snd admitted, he wouldn’t be able to mark his man or push forward. Robbie should have spotted him and asked the question. 

12 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

To be fair, many Kickbackers prefer not to judge Robbie on points because his teams usually gets lots of these.

I’d be delighted if we kept picking up 7 from 9, just don’t see it the way we’re playing. Hope I’m wrong

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, but you wouldn't know about that, having joined 3 weeks ago. 

The mask has slipped. 

Who were you before? 

I can read.

There is no mask.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't diet, it's nae fun. 

I'm honoured I'm a point of discussion for you and your club, maybe you'll all take something away from my pearls of wisdom and grow as not only supporters, but human beings. 

We have grown enough because we are elite Hearts supporters who are my followers because I’m never wrong. Football has been my life since my first game in 1958 a 5-1 win over Aberdeen at Tynecastle. You will see the light one day my wee pal and I’ll welcome you into the fold of elite Hearts supporters.

1 hour ago, Sid said:

I agree with the comments around too defensive and slow in substitutions. 
however, the actual subs have often improved things. Walker goal. Gino. Etc. 
Also, find it hard to understand people predicting he will remain defensive minded when McEneff was signed because of his energy going forward (still to convince us on that). Gino and GMS both not defensive and the Liverpool guy can hardly be described as a holding mid. 
I think his problem is he thinks he can manage a game early doors, then win it late on because he’s done it before but that tactic doesn’t work most of the time. 
Also, if something is going wrong, he won’t make changes first half. Second half, too much debate over it giving subs too little time to impact the game. 
mom Smith being injured. I was watching Smith and Robbie. No communication between them. Smith should have held his hand up snd admitted, he wouldn’t be able to mark his man or push forward. Robbie should have spotted him and asked the question. 

Neilson couldn’t of  spotted  Smith if he’d of walked of the pitch. The amount of times he turns his back on the game to have a wee chat with his buddies is ridiculous. Smith could hardy walk never mind run and Neilson should of seen that and substituted him.  Neilson misses obvious problems and it costs us because he’s not up to the job.

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

We have grown enough because we are elite Hearts supporters who are my followers because I’m never wrong. Football has been my life since my first game in 1958 a 5-1 win over Aberdeen at Tynecastle. You will see the light one day my wee pal and I’ll welcome you into the fold of elite Hearts supporters.

An invite to the yearly “sausage sizzle” to earn your cooking badge is hardly “elite”.

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic