Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

2 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

Neilson is a shitebag. Total coward. It's a cup game and you'd have thought he may have learnt having after the cup final but no. Exact same again. Sets us up not to get hammered. We come out and attack second half and it shows what we can do.

He will never be the answer and the sooner he ****s off the better. 

Exactly this. Everything else is in place. The club is in a good way, right people in the right places... Except the manager. Same old outdated pish tactics. Get someone else in and we'll fly.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk wanting a Hearts manager punted for getting beat by  a goal in Glasgow. 

😂😂😂😂

Absolute melons 

Bob was right, they do need to go and watch man citeh. 

Most Hearts supporters I know wanted him gone because we were emptied from both cups last year by a non league and part time clubs.

Most Hearrs fans I know also want him emptied because they are sick of watching the drudgery continue on from Levein.

Not because we lost by one goal in glasgow.

We are absolutely dire.

We for the last 4/5 seasons at every corner have no outlet.

Someone on here replied to a comment I made about the rotten style we have had these past years .If you could describe it as such.

They said theyd rather win .

We are not winning.

Under Levein the negativity once set in couldnt be lifted .

Neilson has not got it .

But you i suppose will defend him which is up to you.

But please dont put it down just to today's game.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Is that the best you can come up with?

giphy.gif

You mention football manager a lot seemed like it’s something you do

in the context of posting on a football forum mate “best” doesn’t get a game it’s kept for slightly more important things in life - very average is adequate here 

Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Did we fail to get seeded? - that needs a yes or no to move the debate on beyond the lower end of the playground

irrespective of what happened elsewhere (mind the hibees raging because we only got docked 2 points a few years ago) did we have an impossible task to get seeded or did we need to win 2-0 or something like that against Inverness (at home :( )

Batshit logic at its best from you. 👍

We didn't get seeded because two seeded teams got awarded 3-0 wins that boosted their goal difference in addition to awarding them 3 points.

Unlike those teams we won all 4 of our group fixtures yet those two got seeded and we didn't.

You are truly scraping the bottom of the barrel for dirt.

4 minutes ago, Ked said:

Most Hearts supporters I know wanted him gone because we were emptied from both cups last year by a non league and part time clubs.

Most Hearrs fans I know also want him emptied because they are sick of watching the drudgery continue on from Levein.

We are absolutely dire.

Someone on here replied to a comment I made about the rotten style we have had these past years .If you could describe it as such.

We are not winning.

Neilson has not got it .

Give it a rest, Christ.

I like that Neilson can change the formation and influence a game but jeez, would it not be better if he just got the right formation to start a match, and didn't give the other team an headstart? 

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

You mention football manager a lot seemed like it’s something you do

in the context of posting on a football forum mate “best” doesn’t get a game it’s kept for slightly more important things in life - very average is adequate here 

I think you will find I mentioned it to another poster yet you tried unsuccessfully to turn it back on me.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Ked said:

We are absolutely dire.

We are not winning.

Neilson has not got it .

Good post. Every single time someone says they want RN to leave the same posters jump in to give the same old shite responses defending him and complain about people wanting their club to perform better.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Ked said:

We are absolutely dire.

We are not winning.

Neilson has not got it .

Biggest pile of shite and backs up what I said. 

Folk are just greetin because they never got their way last season. 

Boo, ****ing hoo. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

First half we were miles off it but 2nd half much better ! Move on to game against Aberdeen next week now 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

They are certainly not independent. 

Yes I know - thanks for confirming it with such certainty tho :clap:

when we failed to get seeded the chat from the neilson loyal was that it wasn’t a failing the objective was to qualify almost like any future progress was independent of whether we were seeded or not - turns out as you confirmed with such certainty it was not :(

important that was cleared up and even better by you than me

we did still have a chance of winning today albeit a small one - after the 2016 cup defeat to hibs neilson said the tie was lost a tynecastle like there was nothing could be done to remedy the situation at Easter road - today it looked like it was lost when we failed to get seeded :( a failure to turn up 

36 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We won all 4 games while two of the teams that got seeded did not.  How is that difficult to understand?

So we wiz robbed! I feel soooo much better now!

Just now, Thomaso said:

So we wiz robbed! I feel soooo much better now!

Just unlucky mate, and one of those things. 👍

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Yes I know - thanks for confirming it with such certainty tho :clap:

when we failed to get seeded the chat from the neilson loyal was that it wasn’t a failing the objective was to qualify almost like any future progress was independent of whether we were seeded or not - turns out as you confirmed with such certainty it was not :(

important that was cleared up and even better by you than me

we did still have a chance of winning today albeit a small one - after the 2016 cup defeat to hibs neilson said the tie was lost a tynecastle like there was nothing could be done to remedy the situation at Easter road - today it looked like it was lost when we failed to get seeded :( a failure to turn up 

Does a little bit of you die inside every time Hearts under Neilson win a game? 

4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Good post. Every single time someone says they want RN to leave the same posters jump in to give the same old shite responses defending him and complain about people wanting their club to perform better.

Surely you can’t be referring to the Artist formerly known as Tosh? 🤔

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think you will find I mentioned it to another poster yet you tried unsuccessfully to turn it back on me.

giphy.gif

i thought it was something you did mate you seemed familiar with it - don’t you play it then seemed like you did

i’ll just substitute the phrase “is that you when anyone disagrees with you on any subject” if you don’t actually play that game - not forgetting the smiley to keep it complete :lol:

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Boom - you win the Stupidest Post of the Week prize Tosh…..AGAIN! 👏

i thought it was something you did mate you seemed familiar with it - don’t you play it then seemed like you did

i’ll just substitute the phrase “is that you when anyone disagrees with you on any subject” if you don’t actually play that game - not forgetting the smiley to keep it complete :lol:

giphy.gif

I've played plenty of computer games in the past.   Don't bother with them nowadays for a variety of reasons.

You are struggling badly here, determined to make some kind of point, but its getting tedious to read your posts.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is there any post that I’ve ever made which says anything like that?  should be an easy one to answer otherwise your question seems a bit speculative (at best)

l have an opinion that neilson is not the best man for the job is that allowed?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

giphy.gif

I've played plenty of computer games in the past.   Don't bother with them nowadays for a variety of reasons.

You are struggling badly here, determined to make some kind of point, but its getting tedious to read your posts.

you’ve just backed up my last post there mate - so seems there’s a kernel truth in them albeit I tend to agree this has become tedious

Bazzas right boot

Is there any post that I’ve ever made which says anything like that?  should be an easy one to answer otherwise your question seems a bit speculative (at best)

Aye, and it's great that you repeat it and remind everyone of it. 

you’ve just backed up my last post there mate - so seems there’s a kernel truth in them albeit I tend to agree this has become tedious

:rofl:

15 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I like that Neilson can change the formation and influence a game but jeez, would it not be better if he just got the right formation to start a match, and didn't give the other team an headstart? 

He changed the game today when it was effectively over - he certainly didn't influence the outcome.

4 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

No, not with the Bob Apologists.

Don't forget, they were exactly the same with Levein.

1 hour ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Today showed us probably the worst 45 minutes of football I have seen in 50+ years.

There was a game against Celtic at Tyncastle in the early 2000s when they scored 4 in the first half, memory fails me as to whether it was a worse display than today, but it was certainly up there. To go in today only 2-0 down was actually a good outcome given their possession and chances.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Aye, and it's great that you repeat it and remind everyone of it. 

so the no comment on the speculative question then

so it is allowed ? and the act of repetition on here can you think of any other posters who would do that ? any ? even someone quite close to home so to speak ;) ?

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We didn't get seeded because two seeded teams got awarded 3-0 wins that boosted their goal difference in addition to awarding them 3 points.

Unlike those teams we won all 4 of our group fixtures yet those two got seeded and we didn't.

We didn’t get seeded because we couldn’t win by scoring at least 2 at home v ICT, despite knowing that’s precisely what we needed to do before kick off.  True or false?

Bazzas right boot

so the no comment on the speculative question then

so it is allowed ? and the act of repetition on here can you think of any other posters who would do that ? any ? even someone quite close to home so to speak ;) ?

At least you're enjoying yourself, with us winning all our games before today it was slim pickings for you and other members of the rabid oot gang. 

loveofthegame
29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, nothing to do with a team full of better players pushing us back and playing well. 

All Robbies fault. 🤷‍♂️

The only thing that is abysmal and embarrassing is the Robbie oot Brigade. 

Absolute melts to a person. 

Deary deary me. Pot, meet your mate kettle.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

You're just a young Craig Levein!, Young Craig Leveiiiiiiiiiiiin!

Hopefully he does just that, 2 third place finishes and European group stages would be a good start and an improvement on recent times. 

28 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We knew what was required before the last group game and failed to get seeded.  That's down to us. 

Greedy Jambo

Hopefully he does just that, 2 third place finishes and European group stages would be a good start and an improvement on recent times. 

You're just a young craig levein, playing like an old craig levein, doesn't really flow off the tongue. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

At least you're enjoying yourself, with us winning all our games before today it was slim pickings for you and other members of the rabid oot gang. 

you think I didn’t enjoy seeing hearts beat Celtic at tynecastle - to use a well worn internet phrase “dearie me”

I tend not to bother adding the phrase (for the obvious reason that youve just shown that it’s just ignored) but plenty posters who want neilson out often end their posts with something like ‘I hope he proves me wrong’ - as I say seems well meant but a bit pointless given the quality of the audience

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We didn’t get seeded because we couldn’t win by scoring at least 2 at home v ICT, despite knowing that’s precisely what we needed to do before kick off.  True or false?

Of course it’s true but we didn’t get handed a 3-0 win like the seeded St Mirren. We were completely in control in all our league cup games then beat Celtic and St Mirren in the league before today. Today was a **** up by Neilson but the whining about beating Inverness is bullshit imo. That was just one of those games where the ball just wouldn’t go in the net for various reasons, including bad luck and overplaying it a bit. 

Edited by GinRummy

lost in space

A bit selective there, Tosh. We are 3rd biggest club and European group stage is much harder to achieve now (more rounds).

Criticism of Levein touch a nerve???

45 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Give it a rest, Christ.

Give it rest yourself, the guy has made some good points

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, Ked said:

We are absolutely dire.

We are not winning.

Neilson has not got it .

Spot on 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

True, we needed to score another goal and even losing one would’ve made no difference. We did not look like we were desperate for another goal. 

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Do you really think the tactics were only to sit in our own box and let them attack. Def poor tactics but they wont have been that. Execution was abysmal and performances were poor first half. Not sure many as Neilson fans but do they want him gone more do than dont but right now 6wins in 7 its hard to justify it

Sadj 🤣🤣🤣

Silvery_Moon
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

We won all 4 games while two of the teams that got seeded did not.  How is that difficult to understand?

That's impossible surely? 

Granted Celtic are playing well just now and everyone expected them to dominate but they hardly pushed us back because they were overwhelmingly too good. 

I’ve watched plenty Hearts teams over the years (as most have on here) who actually did bust a gut but were simply outplayed. Today was a chronic lack of focus on what you had to give as an individual and an inept set up by the manager. 

Most of us before the game said we had to match Celtic’s workrate. We all knew what was coming.....apart from Neilson and the players as it turns out. 

You’ve got to MOVE. Put effort in. Be alert, be on your toes and anticipate.

We saw too many Hearts players on their heels reacting too late. The 2nd half told you that’s what was missing from the first.  We at least started running, supporting. Beni was tuned in and made some great recoveries.  Ginnelly did more in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half than the team did in the first. 

Honestly worry about our players heads. It’s like we can’t concentrate or focus properly.

1 minute ago, Silvery_Moon said:

That's impossible surely? 

Dundee United and St Mirren were awarded 3-0 wins due to Covid.

Is it fair that those teams got seeded by virtue of an undeserved 3 points and +3 goal average added while only having actually played 3 games?

I personally think those points and goals weren't earned so should be excluded from the seeding calculation.  However that is academic.

Greedy Jambo

Remember what Lafferty was like against Celtic?

Then look at Halliday. 

Probably stayed up too late drinking beer out of his shoes.

55 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Biggest pile of shite and backs up what I said. 

Folk are just greetin because they never got their way last season. 

Boo, ****ing hoo. 

No.

Most Hearts supporters I know and all who I attend games with are past greeting.

They are fed up .

Sick of watching shite football.

A lot of us went together in late 70s so we know all about the ups and downs of supporting Hearts.

I dont think I've ever had a period of time watching us that has made me so despondent.

I mean what the hell was the bye kick scenario today all about.

My pile of shite as you describe it is the overwhelming opinion of every Hearts supporter I know ,work beside and go to games with.

And not one I know thinks Neilson is the man for the job.

Its dire.

And if we as a club have minimal standards then surely those were met last season.

How he still has a job I dont know.

Hopefully hes not as Inept as Levein.

Do you not think we gave Levein far too long ?

Silvery_Moon
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Dundee United and St Mirren were awarded 3-0 wins due to Covid.

Is it fair that those teams got seeded by virtue of an undeserved 3 points and +3 goal average added while only having actually played 3 games?

I personally think those points and goals weren't earned so should be excluded from the seeding calculation.  However that is academic.

Got you now sir. 👍

Mars plastic

I’m glad we won all 4 group games whilst two seeded teams didn’t. Puts today’s result well into perspective. Barry. 

12 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Granted Celtic are playing well just now and everyone expected them to dominate but they hardly pushed us back because they were overwhelmingly too good. 

I’ve watched plenty Hearts teams over the years (as most have on here) who actually did bust a gut but were simply outplayed. Today was a chronic lack of focus on what you had to give as an individual and an inept set up by the manager. 

Most of us before the game said we had to match Celtic’s workrate. We all knew what was coming.....apart from Neilson and the players as it turns out. 

You’ve got to MOVE. Put effort in. Be alert, be on your toes and anticipate.

We saw too many Hearts players on their heels reacting too late. The 2nd half told you that’s what was missing from the first.  We at least started running, supporting. Beni was tuned in and made some great recoveries.  Ginnelly did more in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half than the team did in the first. 

Honestly worry about our players heads. It’s like we can’t concentrate or focus properly.

Then that's clearly a management problem.

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic