Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, InternationalJambo said:

So the players take part responsibility too, no? How folk can blame the manager here is beyond me 

as I say good leaders tend to take responsibility for failures or at least find a way of shielding their players/ whatevers

succeed as a group fail as a group is valid too - so the group lead be neilson failed as a collective - that works too 

:)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I call it simple maths, you call it nonsense…

Call it whatever you want, but claiming we have to beat the old firm at some stage to win the league cup is a lie, as St Johnstone showed last year. 👍

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Wanting Ayr at home for example over Celtic away goes without saying and is not a point of discussion. May as well discuss water being wet. 

We don't have Ayr tho, we have Celtic. 

Well yes. That is the point!

In every cup you want a favourable draw against one of the weaker sides. We could have achieved that by beating ICT by two goals. We failed.

25 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It is possible. But it would be better to have been facing Ayr United. 

*Cliche alert*   To win a cup we have to beat one of the evil twins at some point.

you are of course correct.

Blame who for what. We qualified. We won all 4 games . We didn’t concede. 

In the next round.  Blaming him for the balls that come out a hat ffs. Or the fact teams were awarded 3-0 wins because of covid ? 

he will never win over some no matter what he does. I’m no fan of his style but I’ll be backing him and the team.   The over reaction is baffling tbh.  The only thing I saw really wrong today was the positioning of Boyce. But we won the game and dominated. Hard to put the boot in

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

Call it whatever you want, but claiming we have to beat the old firm at some stage to win the league cup is a lie, as St Johnstone showed last year. 👍

And of course our failure today means we might have to beat not just Celtic but Rangers and Aberdeen etc  to progress.

Rocky jamboa

Hopefully Robbie can win over a few fans on Saturday by putting out an attacking line up and having a go. Celtic look a shambles at the back and they're there for the taking. 

I'd play Boycie and gnaduillet up top, gms and ginnelly out wide. Play with a bit of belief and a higher tempo, as opposed to the crappy, slow build up, passing across the back rubbish. 

25 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Good post. 👍 what I will say is it’s a forum for discussing all things Hearts. people should be allowed to point out what they feel is wrong at our club, without the constant putting down by the same posters who get themselves all worked up if anything negative is pointed at our head coach. 

Spot on.

132goals1958
9 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

It looked like the players were playing for a 1-0 win after we scored

I began to wonder if the they actually knew we needed a 2 goal margin to finish among the seeded teams ?

Just to illustrate,...... lengthy celebrations for the goal at the corner flag then a slow walk back to the halfway line.

We needed goal number 2. They should have been collecting the ball and charging back for a quick restart then piling it on for the last 20 minutes or so.

But no, it was back to circulate, re-circulate, retain and repeat.

The lack of urgency was strange to say the least. Of course we should have won by a larger margin but we didn’t which in the final analysis was a failure. I just don’t get the comments that their goalkeeper  somehow denied us as he made saves he would expect to make. Listening to Neilson stating we created chances well excuse me that’s exactly what I realistically expected to happen playing at home against a team that lost to Cove Rangers and failed to beat Stirling Albion over 120 minutes. His pre match comments about the need to qualify as a seeded team were contradicted by his nonsensical utterances on learning we were away to Celtic. The 1 0 victory had the same effect as a defeat or a draw but needless to say he will somehow make it nothing else but positive.

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

How are we going to win the League Cup without beating Celtic?

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Well yes. That is the point!

In every cup you want a favourable draw against one of the weaker sides. We could have achieved that by beating ICT by two goals. We failed.

Yip, and now we play celtic. 

For me it Highlights the issues of awarding a 3-0 win for the defaulted games. 

Another win  for the governing bodies and thier short sightedness. 

We should have scored more than 1 today, poor finishing and good goalkeeping kept it it to 1.

Bring on celtic. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Blame who for what. We qualified. We won all 4 games . We didn’t concede. 

In the next round.  Blaming him for the balls that come out a hat ffs. Or the fact teams were awarded 3-0 wins because of covid ? 

he will never win over some no matter what he does. I’m no fan of his style but I’ll be backing him and the team.   The over reaction is baffling tbh.  The only thing I saw really wrong today was the positioning of Boyce. But we won the game and dominated. Hard to put the boot in

Good post. 

I agree about Boyce- he cannot play in that position. 

Rocky jamboa
17 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

So the players take part responsibility too, no? How folk can blame the manager here is beyond me 

The way we play is all down to Robbie for me. The slow, cautious build up. We must be so easy to play against. I would imagine it was his decision to play our main striker deeper today. I can't really see him being the type of character to give a rousing motivational team talk before the game or at half time.  I didn't see him pushing everyone forward at the end either to get the extra goal we needed. 

My thoughts are that a more attack minded manager, having us playing with a bit more belief, would make a huge difference. The squad of players we've got is better than it's been performing. 

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Of course not now. But another goal today or in the three previous games  against lower league opposition would have made it possible. And improved our chances of winning the trophy.

Edited by Francis Albert

13 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Hopefully Robbie can win over a few fans on Saturday by putting out an attacking line up and having a go. Celtic look a shambles at the back and they're there for the taking. 

I'd play Boycie and gnaduillet up top, gms and ginnelly out wide. Play with a bit of belief and a higher tempo, as opposed to the crappy, slow build up, passing across the back rubbish. 

We're gonna park the bus and hope we don't get a pumping. Celtic are there for the taking and a good manger would take advantage or try at the very least, sadly we have someone who won't. Guaranteed Halkett gives away a goal with a sloppy pass across the box.

10 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I'd play Boycie and gnaduillet up top, gms and ginnelly out wide. 

He’s not going to do that and neither should he. Celtic are strongest in midfield. We need to get after them in the middle of the park. They’ll give us chances at the back if we get their midfield by the throat and push on to their centre backs. No danger we’re playing two up and two wingers. It’ll be 3-4-3. Hopefully an aggressive 3-4-3 but I can’t see him changing from that very often this season unless the signings are so good that he needs to change to fit them in

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

The way we play is all down to Robbie for me. The slow, cautious build up. We must be so easy to play against. I would imagine it was his decision to play our main striker deeper today. I can't really see him being the type of character to give a rousing motivational team talk before the game or at half time.  I didn't see him pushing everyone forward at the end either to get the extra goal we needed. 

My thoughts are that a more attack minded manager, having us playing with a bit more belief, would make a huge difference. The squad of players we've got is better than it's been performing. 

So easy to play against? That'll be why we keep losing then. Oh wait ....

Rocky jamboa
2 minutes ago, Herbert said:

We're gonna park the bus and hope we don't get a pumping. Celtic are there for the taking and a good manger would take advantage or try at the very least, sadly we have someone who won't. Guaranteed Halkett gives away a goal with a sloppy pass across the box.

I unfortunately agree with you 😩

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Inverness were decent defensively and on another day we could have scored 3 or 4 with the chances we created. Wasnt amazing to watch but they are the facts people. I’d wait till the proper bad results start coming before you get the pitchforks out.

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, jambopilms said:

So anything apart from a complete thrashing is a failure now, loads of folk deliberately setting themselves up for some major tantrums.

You’re the only one having a tantrum Robbie, btw, can you clear your desk out and **** off pronto please? 

Thanks 🙏 

Rocky jamboa
5 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

So easy to play against? That'll be why we keep losing then. Oh wait ....

We've hardly caused those mighty football giants of ICT, Stirling Albion or Peterhead many problems! 

InternationalJambo
13 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

It is the coaching staff as a whole, not just RN. We are set up well as a team. I have went into it enough on this thread already, but slower build up against teams you are expected to beat is the way you play football if you have a bit of savvy about you. Why, at home, would we go gung-ho in the first 60 minutes of a match, to in turn expose ourseleves & turn over possesion against a team who have came to hit us on the counter? We go 1-0 down against the run of play when we have dominated? Then what? As i have said, it is all about balance.

I get where you are coming from but disagree. Gino was in the press not so long ago exclaiming he doesn't get why there is so much noise about RN, the players are clearly playing for him so imo it is an agenda folk have had about him from his last spell. There are several occasions since he has came back where he has gotten the players up for big games, the brora and alloa results have altered peoples perceptions of whats actually going on imo. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

4 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

We've hardly caused those mighty football giants of ICT, Stirling Albion or Peterhead many problems! 

We won every single one of those games, we couldn't have been that easy to play against.

Had a wee look and here's some stats.

v Stirling Albion. 14 shots, 4 on target.

v Peterhead. 17 shots, 6 on target.

v ICT. 21 shots, 12 on target.

Now I get that stats are not the be all and end all but those stats don't back up your assertion that we're easy to play against.

27 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Erm, you said Celtic or Rangers. Can we swap?

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We will have to beat Celtic or Rangers at some point to win the League Cup. 

2 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

And failed in our first target not to be unseeded in the league cup draw. 

Qualification had to be our first target?

1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

This thread will be like a really good scud book for some on here.

🤣🤣🤣

Guest ToqueJambo

Imagine starting a thread before the seasons even properly started to catalogue the manager's mistakes. Some have lost their minds.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
8 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Qualification had to be our first target?

depends how low you set the bar - in the league campaign is staying up a target ?

do you think staying up is a target for Aberdeen ?

actually qualifying from a group with Stirling Albion etc and staying probably are targets given what a bunch of arrogant softies are running the club

players and staff probably on a bonus to finish 10th

:(

100% record, with no goals conceded, for a record number of times, in competive games, is an embarrassment for some of our 'fans'?

The unseeded status is magnified by the draw of course 

Personally I don’t think it matters a whole lot. We’ve met and lost to Celtic many times at various stages of the cups. The fact that we’re meeting them a round earlier ? Couldn’t care less really.

Cups are won in one of two ways for clubs like us 1. Getting extraordinary luck in the draws whilst  the big boys crash out 2. Doing the job the hard way and knocking the big boys out yourself 

Were going route 2 it just so happens. Loser mentality needs to be banished by ALL concerned (including Neilson you have to say) when the chips are down and the easier gentler route isn’t open to you anymore.

We might beat them. Historically we don’t but I’ll be raging with Neilson if he stands off them again like the first half of the last time we played them. Surely to frck he’s gonna grab his baws through there and give it a tilt. Actually I’ll be raging if he does it in the league game too. 

Edited by JimmyCant

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Imagine starting a thread before the seasons even properly started to catalogue the manager's mistakes. Some have lost their minds.

still not managing to ignore the thread mate

such a turn around from your original intention is like compulsive behaviour

an ever-growing section of the hearts fans want phoodle out - he needs to win every week very nearly  and exceed expectations (rather than fail) just to keep the pitchforks down - you know that I know that and if budge and neilson didn’t know that then they’ve not been paying attention 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

still not managing to ignore the thread mate

such a turn around from your original intention is like compulsive behaviour

an ever-growing section of the hearts fans want phoodle out - he needs to win every week very nearly  and exceed expectations (rather than fail) just to keep the pitchforks down - you know that I know that and if budge and neilson didn’t know that then they’ve not been paying attention 

Ignoring certain posters not the thread. Encouraging to see more folk challenging the pantwetters. Mention of "Phoodle" is an automatic add.

John Findlay

Question. Why is the league Cup in Scotland seeded? There is absolutely no reason for it to be.

Come to think of it why is any domestic cup competition anywhere seeded?

All domestic cup competitions should be all teams in the hat and luck of the draw. 

John Findlay
8 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

You are aware that St Johnstone beat Sevco at Ibrox on their way to winning last seasons Scottish Cup? In Scotland to win a domestic trophy 9 times out of 10 you have to beat one of the Glasgow two along the way.

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Question. Why is the league Cup in Scotland seeded? There is absolutely no reason for it to be.

All domestic cup competitions should be all teams in the hat and luck of the draw. 

Quite agree with you. The seeding is a complete nonsense and only done to prevent the Ugly Sisters being drawn against each other early in the competition.  It’s yet another example of the mindset of the people running the game here.

Allowayjambo1874
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I think it was seeded to try and help clubs in Europe avoid difficult matches while trying to get through to group stages. There’s also a probable demand to get big clubs to latter stages because the cup became a bit of a joke with hardly any fans attending and minimal interest until semis.

I could be wrong though!!  

8 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

What is the mathematical probability of winning either cup without facing one of them based on the past 50 years of results?  I'd expect very low, but go on and prove me wrong.

RustyRightPeg
9 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

really not sure what all that fifa stuff is about

the manager you would hope has some input into the game

good leaders tend to responsibility for setbacks/failures and share the successes

neilsons team failed to get seeded which I assume was the objective and as such avoiding an away tie to Celtic 

so if Boyce had scored 3 goals yesterday would you have given Neilson any credit for his input into Boyce’s game? Probably not. 

You’re spouting pish.

Edited by RustyRightPeg

Allowayjambo1874
9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

so if Boyce had scored 3 goals yesterday would you have given Neilson any credit for his input into Boyce’s game? Probably not. 

You’re spouting pish.

But he didn’t! Playing our no1 goal scorer in midfield backfired and that’s down to a management decision. Whether you’re Robbie in or Robbie oot that’s the facts surely? 

35 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You are aware that St Johnstone beat Sevco at Ibrox on their way to winning last seasons Scottish Cup? In Scotland to win a domestic trophy 9 times out of 10 you have to beat one of the Glasgow two along the way.

What's Robbies record like in Glasgow? 

Would it not be better financially for the club to get to a final than get put out in the  2nd round?

17 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

But he didn’t! Playing our no1 goal scorer in midfield backfired and that’s down to a management decision. Whether you’re Robbie in or Robbie oot that’s the facts surely? 

Except he wasn't playing in midfield, he was playing behind Gnando so time for you to check your facts.

KyleLafferty
Just now, Herbert said:

Would it not be better financially for the club to get to a final than get put out in the  2nd round?

What’s every hearts manager in about 30 years record like in Glasgow? 

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

The denial and self-entitlement of these people is staggering.  You would think Robbie was a struggling manager in charge of a Man City the way these people think.

KyleLafferty
Just now, frankblack said:

The denial and self-entitlement of these people is staggering.  You would think Robbie was a struggling manager in charge of a Man City the way these people think.

People will never see past Neilson being Leveins boy. They will never see past the 2-2 with Hibs and they will never see past the cup runs last year. That’s football, shit happens, he came two penalty kicks away from winning the Scottish. I’m not a fan of him but I can Atleast see how this season starts then make a judgement. So far I can’t complain

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The happy clappers will always be in denial about how poor we really are and think we have a squad capable of challenging for a top 4 place.

Robbie is a struggling manager though with probably the 3rd biggest budget in Scottish football.

38 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I corrected the false claim that you have to beat Rangers or Celtic to win a cup. 

St Johnstone beating Rangers doesn't effect that.

Unknown user
Just now, Herbert said:

The happy clappers will always be in denial about how poor we really are and think we have a squad capable of challenging for a top 4 place.

Robbie is a struggling manager though with probably the 3rd biggest budget in Scottish football.

Hearts fans, optimistic about our chances and supportive of the team and manager?

The absolute ****ing nerve.

"Happy clappers", shittest insult ever

8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

So if you were manager would you try avoiding them in the cups, like we could have yesterday if we scored a few goals instead of reverting to his slow sideways and backwards passing with 0 movement.

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, Herbert said:

So it's all about moneyspinners for you afterall.

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic