• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

A screenshot from an email Ann Budge sent to my son regarding the distancing measures in place.

AF514B0A-C223-43D8-84BA-BA47A436CEDC.jpeg

That seems to answer my grip on the post before! 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

A screenshot from an email Ann Budge sent to my son regarding the distancing measures in place.

That explains it. 👍

Mars plastic
22 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

More chance for the rest of us to get tickets then if you’re not in the ballot 

No shit, Sherlock. Clearly need to get up early in the morning to catch you out.

Fingers crossed that by 9th August stadiums will be full again. However I can't see it for some reason with Sturgeon and Leitch dictating what is to happen. 

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just checked my Hearts account and it shows me with an allocated seat in Section N Row 32. 

We are in a group of 3 so I will wait on my mate who organised our group before I get too excited.

I wonder if they're releasing tickets in sections?... anyone got a ticket from O - Z?... grasping at straws here!😔

Mars plastic
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No food or drink on sale. People had their own plastic bottles. 

Holy shit. :lol: 

The madness continues unabated. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That explains it. 👍

It doesn’t explain why other clubs, who presumably are working with councils and the JRG are allowing groups of up to 15 people to sit together without social distancing, including Partick and Hibs. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Mars plastic said:

Holy shit. :lol: 

The madness continues unabated. 

I thought it was quite sensible allowing folk to bring their own bottles. 😄

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I wonder if they're releasing tickets in sections?... anyone got a ticket from O - Z?... grasping at straws here!😔

I got one in R.

4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Assuming it is real, she is blaming the computer system for the ticket arrangements :laugh:

It's a big admin task to accommodate social groups up to 15 or families when sorting the seating arrangements and it's far easier to just do 1 metre for them all and pull the lever once, but come on this seriously sounds like Hearts couldn't be arsed.

Amateur show if this is the reason we don't have another couple thousand...

davemclaren
Just now, GinRummy said:

It doesn’t explain why other clubs, who presumably are working with councils and the JRG are allowing groups of up to 15 people to sit together without social distancing, including Partick and Hibs. 

I think it does.  Our system can’t do it and we don’t want to pay for it to do it, given we might only need it for a short while. In practice, family groups are sitting together on the day. 

Mars plastic
Just now, davemclaren said:

I thought it was quite sensible allowing folk to bring their own bottles. 😄

Would love to know what the 'science' is behind that. 

4 minutes ago, kila said:

We need some explanation. Barry Anderson won't touch it though or he'll lose his 'exclusives', but he might get fed some line from McKinklay.

There is something strange going on, and given Scottish Government restrictions allow up to 15 individuals who form a social circle to sit together at outdoor events including stadiums, why are Hearts stuck with 1 metre between everyone?

Hearts aren't losing money from this because they've already sold the season tickets (unlike the cup games), so maybe the club aren't pushing too hard for a higher capacity. Wonder what Motherwell's application was like to get 6500 in a smaller ground? Especially with 2000 being away fans who are travelling ffs.

Generally speaking when it comes to the application of standards councils are very good at speaking to each other to make sure that they are treating all applicants fairly and equally and to avoid exactly what is happening on here with people claiming unfairness and bias. I would be very surprised if those responsible for dealing with the applications in Edinburgh have not been speaking with those in other councils. The Council, however, can only deal with what it gets given. As it stands with Hearts making claims such as it being a requirement of the regulations that social distancing has to apply to everyone, including family members, when it clearly does not, gives me some suspicion, but no proof, as to where the problem lies. Hearts could very easily clear this up.    

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Fingers crossed that by 9th August stadiums will be full again. However I can't see it for some reason with Sturgeon and Leitch dictating what is to happen. 

Having just spent last weekend in England, the bliss of being able to make an adult decision on my own personal safety was amazingly liberating. I do hope they decide that we are now all adult enough to make our own calls on where we go, and how safe we want to be from August 9th.

Like you, no faith that this will not continue on, just to be a wee bit different

wattie exploited
6 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

As it stands, they have approval for less than 50% of season ticket holders to attend, so if nothing changes it would be physically impossible to ensure every ST holder got a ticket for one of those games. Plus at no point have the club indicated that they will treat certain games differently for the weighting. That said, Government are still indicating 9th August as date when we'll be able to return to full stands.

For games that are shown live on TV, do Hearts TV not get the TV feed, so not a pissy live stream for this game. 

The club have been really up front in how they are going to run things this season from before we all bought our tickets. If that feels exploitative to you, why did you buy a ticket?

for games that are  shown on sky are still counted against your season ticket yeah exploitation comes to mind and I still bought a season ticket because i love hearts easy answer really 

do you really believe anything this government says if  you do your a fool mate  as their full of shit :rifle:

Saint Jambo
3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

So according to that email the 1m rule between family members :

- Isn't a club policy it is a government policy.

- The club absolutely has to adhere to it (even though we know for a fact that other clubs don't have to adhere to it).

- Despite absolutely having to adhere to it, the club explored not adhering to it but decided it was too difficult from an IT perspective (owner from the IT industry and with a 'partnership' with Dell but can't get our IT to do what other clubs are managing).

- They instructed the ticket office to tell families they could sit together (but didn't include this in the information they emailed out).

What an absolute dog's dinner of an explanation. No doubt the same old posters will be along to say that this proves it is all the Council's and Government's fault. 

1 minute ago, kila said:

Assuming it is real, she is blaming the computer system for the ticket arrangements :laugh:

It's a big admin task to accommodate social groups up to 15 or families when sorting the seating arrangements and it's far easier to just do 1 metre for them all and pull the lever once, but come on this seriously sounds like Hearts couldn't be arsed.

Exactly this, hit the nail on the head. Amateurish ... let the fans down once again..... sooner budge f**ks off the better.

1 minute ago, henryheart said:

Generally speaking when it comes to the application of standards councils are very good at speaking to each other to make sure that they are treating all applicants fairly and equally and to avoid exactly what is happening on here with people claiming unfairness and bias. I would be very surprised if those responsible for dealing with the applications in Edinburgh have not been speaking with those in other councils. The Council, however, can only deal with what it gets given. As it stands with Hearts making claims such as it being a requirement of the regulations that social distancing has to apply to everyone, including family members, when it clearly does not, gives me some suspicion, but no proof, as to where the problem lies. Hearts could very easily clear this up.    

Looks like my question was answered while I was typing!

The Treasurer
27 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Do you think Sevco would sit back and say nothing in the press if this was to happen to them.  Our club has a weak mentality with no one showing any signs of fight…. Nothing but a bunch of losers.

Bleating to the press may work for the OF but we would be portrayed as the bad guys if we did the same. 

I think it does.  Our system can’t do it and we don’t want to pay for it to do it, given we might only need it for a short while. In practice, family groups are sitting together on the day. 

So our system can cater for groups of up to 4 but only if they are all sitting 3 seats apart. Hibs and Partick thistles systems can cater for groups of up to 15 all sitting together? That seems absolutely ridiculous to me. Wonder how many more clubs systems can cope with this change while ours can’t. It’s a really poor show imo. 

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Doesn’t show the club in a good light at all.  So, Hearts can’t cope with arranging groups of 15 to sit together at short notice, but the likes of Motherwell, etc can?!

StevenNaismith

Folk need to keep in mind that our ticketing system in run by ticketmaster so simply not the case of Ann or our partnership with Dell using any IT nous. 

Put simply, we’ve probably been quoted a price to pay and decided against it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

So according to that email the 1m rule between family members :

- Isn't a club policy it is a government policy.

- The club absolutely has to adhere to it (even though we know for a fact that other clubs don't have to adhere to it).

- Despite absolutely having to adhere to it, the club explored not adhering to it but decided it was too difficult from an IT perspective (owner from the IT industry and with a 'partnership' with Dell but can't get our IT to do what other clubs are managing).

- They instructed the ticket office to tell families they could sit together (but didn't include this in the information they emailed out).

What an absolute dog's dinner of an explanation. No doubt the same old posters will be along to say that this proves it is all the Council's and Government's fault. 

Thought it was quite easy to follow and common sense myself but hey ho

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

a booking system cant put people in groups together, aye good one. probably they would have to do it manually and cant be bothered.

Just now, GinRummy said:

So our system can cater for groups of up to 4 but only if they are all sitting 3 seats apart. Hibs and Partick thistles systems can cater for groups of up to 15 all sitting together? That seems absolutely ridiculous to me. Wonder how many more clubs systems can cope with this change while ours can’t. It’s a really poor show imo. 

Are hibs getting proportionately more tickets than us ? 

The Treasurer
23 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Do you think that they have?  As in applying for groups of 15 to be allowed to sit together?  They may have done but I think it’s unlikely since the club statement for the ICT game made reference to complying with the 1 metre distancing requirement (which wasn’t even a SG requirement for everyone anymore) and other councils have allowed clubs to sit groups of 15 together.  

It’s possible but unlikely I’d imagine that Edinburgh Council are taking a much tougher stance compared to Lanarkshire, Dundee, etc.  Dare I say it - we need a statement!

A statement saying what exactly? 

"We asked for a bigger crowd but the council said no and we're no happy "

What good would that do 

Just now, Dazo said:

They had nearly 6000 for the European game and more than we got for their friendly than ours. 

VagabondJambo

Anyway, I just got tickets so will be there on Saturday  image.png

👏 👏 👏 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Hibs are getting 2K for Sunday, which is almost proportionately more tickets for Motherwell’s entire capacity on Sunday! 

Hearts really are a shambles of lazy *******s in high places right now. 

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Doesn’t show the club in a good light at all.  So, Hearts can’t cope with arranging groups of 15 to sit together at short notice, but the likes of Motherwell, etc can?!

I think it shows the club are taking a sensible approach but at the same time being seen to be following SG guidelines 

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, kila said:

Given the money blown by the club in the last few years, the fans once again get bent over and pumped.

4 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Folk need to keep in mind that our ticketing system in run by ticketmaster so simply not the case of Ann or our partnership with Dell using any IT nous. 

Ticket office admin folk can surely do what they like though they might manually need to do it...

And don't Hibs use Ticketmaster too? I'm sure a number of other clubs too.

It's a bit like booking fees with Ticketmaster - Hearts charge £1.50 per ticket (not booking) and other SPFL teams (also using Ticketmaster) don't charge at all.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They had nearly 6000 for the European game and more than we got for their friendly than ours. 

2000 v. Arsenal, we were allowed 2000 v. Sunderland but only 1700 attended.

4700 v. whoever in Europe.

Unless there were other games....

Edited by DETTY29

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I was talking from a percentage point of view. If they are broadly similar then does it matter what ticketing system hearts used ?

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Aye screw the season ticket holders,the lifeblood of the club.

Just now, The Treasurer said:

I think it shows the club are taking a sensible approach but at the same time being seen to be following SG guidelines 

Waken up. So Motherwell, Hibs and Partick are all ignoring government guidelines and we are doing the right thing. Really. 

2 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Hibs are getting 2K for Sunday, which is almost proportionately more tickets for Motherwell’s entire capacity on Sunday! 

Hearts really are a shambles of lazy *******s in high places right now. 

Different councils so you may as well pop the dummy back in. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, kila said:

I had suspected this was probably the case, and assuming the email is real, that basically confirms it - Hearts didn’t even apply to the council to allow groups of 15 to sit together (in fact it kinda suggests that the club wasn’t even aware this was a possibility).

I wonder what all the frothers that were losing their shit over the SG and council and having a rage at anyone daring to question the club will make of this?  Still an SNP, pro Hibs, anti Jambo conspiracy?

David McCaig
21 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

As it stands, they have approval for less than 50% of season ticket holders to attend, so if nothing changes it would be physically impossible to ensure every ST holder got a ticket for one of those games. Plus at no point have the club indicated that they will treat certain games differently for the weighting. That said, Government are still indicating 9th August as date when we'll be able to return to full stands.

For games that are shown live on TV, do Hearts TV not get the TV feed, so not a pissy live stream for this game. 

The club have been really up front in how they are going to run things this season from before we all bought our tickets. If that feels exploitative to you, why did you buy a ticket?

Hearts TV do get the feed for ST holders… they just cant PPV it to non ST holders

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, andydog said:

a booking system cant put people in groups together, aye good one. probably they would have to do it manually and cant be bothered.

Very likely. 

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

2000 v. Arsenal

That’s what I get for listening to the Hibs ***** at my work. Apologies for not fact checking. 

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

2000 v. Arsenal

So the problem appears to be Edinburgh council compared to Lanarkshire and other councils ? 

The bubbles and how many people can sit together is a complete red herring if the council will only allow a certain capacity.