Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

Clark Griswold
Just now, McCrae said:

Why are Hearts not do more to fight the fans corner.  Our leaders should be screaming this isn’t good enough and demanding more fans are allowed in.

Like always our weak board will just roll over and suck it up. 

How do you know they haven't?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We did get more the next game. 

Yep.

But we went

4.5k.

Should we have tried for more?

Actually scrub that, Sunderland was 17th July and 2k was indeed the maximum capacity if applied for.  You could only apply for more than 2k post 19 July.

@Tams birdin response too.

Edited by DETTY29

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Would be surprising if some councils are allowing every 3 seats and others every 4.   The councils will still have to comply with SG distancing requirements for non bubble groups.

It’s not surprising, it’s a fact. Motherwell have 50% capacity. It’s an impossibility to have that number and have a 3 or 4 seat gap.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Why are Hearts not do more to fight the fans corner.  Our leaders should be screaming this isn’t good enough and demanding more fans are allowed in.

Should certainly be asking some serious questions of the Board, yes.

This will be one of those Budge "trying to do the right thing" rather than catering for the supporters.

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I think hearts have a part to blame in this. I’m positive as they come and dont take digs at the board but this doesn’t seem right. Our application must be murder.

Probably late too 

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

On Sunday there was no one in the lower sections of any stand other than Main for players and staff and no one in any of the back 7 rows or so of any stand. A farce that more are allowed in that shitehole Fir Park.

I'm in row 28 section B for Saturday so they are obviously doing it differently from last Sunday 

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

That'll be the email that was sent out before the deadline. With the deadline now having passed the page linked to will no longer exist.

Cheers 👍

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Absolutely bonkers. That's why I'll not be anywhere near a football ground until this madness is dispensed with.

More chance for the rest of us to get tickets then if you’re not in the ballot 

1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

How do you know they haven't?

If they have they are incredibly stupid for not putting it in the public domain. 

7 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

On Sunday there was no one in the lower sections of any stand other than Main for players and staff and no one in any of the back 7 rows or so of any stand. A farce that more are allowed in that shitehole Fir Park.

There will be no one in the stands on Sunday as the game is on Saturday...

Read your post wrong. Ha what a plonker.

Edited by Section N Rules

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Why are Hearts not doing more to fight the fans corner.  Our leaders should be screaming this isn’t good enough and demanding more fans are allowed in.

Can I ask how you know that the club haven't been working as hard as they could to get more fans in 

1 minute ago, Section N Rules said:

There will be no one in the stands on Sunday as the game is on Saturday...

Read your post wrong. Ha what a plonker.

:lol: Happens to the best of us. Aye I should've clarified I meant Inverness game.

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Can I ask how you know that the club haven't been working as hard as they could to get more fans in 

Do you think Sevco would sit back and say nothing in the press if this was to happen to them.  Our club has a weak mentality with no one showing any signs of fight…. Nothing but a bunch of losers.

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

If they have they are incredibly stupid for not putting it in the public domain. 

You can shout as loud as you want but it wouldn't change EC's stance I'd imagine. You're just using this to have a go at the club.

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Do you think they have?

wattie exploited

if you don't get a ticket for the celtic game they better make sure we get a ticket for the hibs game as missing out on these two would be a ****ing joke 

paying to watch a live stream which is showing on tv really pardon the pun but its sounds like the fans are getting totally exploited here taking good money to watch a pissy ****ing live stream :rifle:

1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

You can shout as loud as you want but it wouldn't change EC's stance I'd imagine. You're just using this to have a go at the club.

The club should make it clear to the fans and the council that this allocation is unacceptable…. This is a PR disaster for the club.

David McCaig

This seems to lie firmly at the feet of Andrew McKinlay… given he has shown no signs of competence in any other part of his Chief Executive role, you would have though that form filling and administration would have been his strong suit… but unfortunately our covid mitigation plan seems to be a complete shambles compared to other clubs.

Ainsley Harriott

Maybe we should vote out the idiots behind the decision at the next local election? Surely that would make sense 

Just now, David McCaig said:

This seems to lie firmly at the feet of Andrew McKinlay… given he has shown no signs of competence in any other part of his Chief Executive role, you would have though that form filling and administration would have been his strong suit… but unfortunately our covid mitigation plan seems to be a complete shambles compared to other clubs.

The hospitality shambles alluded to further up the page kinda confirms that. No mask inside but mask outside !

What on earth is going on ?

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

The club should make it clear to the fans and the council that this allocation is unacceptable…. This is a PR disaster for the club.

What would the club do once they’ve made that clear?

What is the percentage of capacity where there would be police not just stewards needed. Could this be the reason for the lower capacity the club would rather lock out majority of the fans rather than have to spend money 

davemclaren
Just now, Boab said:

The hospitality shambles alluded to further up the page kinda confirms that. No mask inside but mask outside !

Hospitality has different rules due to the challenges of eating and drinking with a mask on. 

David McCaig
Just now, Boab said:

At the game with my two boys on Saturday and each allocated a seat 3 seats from each other.

Meanwhile Partick Thistle allocating seats in groups up to a maximum of 15!!

StevenNaismith

My son has an email from Ann Budge that covers this I think. I’ll get him to send me a screenshot and I’ll add it on if I can.

Just now, davemclaren said:

Hospitality has different rules due to the challenges of eating and drinking with a mask on. 

I get that, Dave, but was meaning more group seating. Sorry, should have made that clearer. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Do you think that they have?  As in applying for groups of 15 to be allowed to sit together?  They may have done but I think it’s unlikely since the club statement for the ICT game made reference to complying with the 1 metre distancing requirement (which wasn’t even a SG requirement for everyone anymore) and other councils have allowed clubs to sit groups of 15 together.  

It’s possible but unlikely I’d imagine that Edinburgh Council are taking a much tougher stance compared to Lanarkshire, Dundee, etc.  Dare I say it - we need a statement!

Just now, davemclaren said:

What would the club do once they’ve made that clear?

It would make it very clear that the Council are to blame and would focus pressure on the Council to not repeat this again.

Fan pressure can make things happen.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Boab said:

I get that, Dave, but was meaning more group seating. Sorry, should have made that clearer. 

👍

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What is the situation with eating inside the stadium - I assume there is no food on sale but can you bring your own food and drink?  What is the rules with plastic bottles if so as you couldn't bring them before Covid?

Basically if you can't stand on the concourse, how do you eat with a mask on outwith hospitality?

Edited by frankblack

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

At the game with my two boys on Saturday and each allocated a seat 3 seats from each other.

Meanwhile Partick Thistle allocating seats in groups up to a maximum of 15!!

It’s the bubbles that are allowing teams like Motherwell to increase numbers. Seems sensible but, hey..!

Clark Griswold
Just now, frankblack said:

What is the situation with eating inside the stadium - I assume there is no food on sale but can you bring your own food and drink?  What is the rules with plastic bottles if so as you couldn't bring them before Covid?

It's all in the update mate. Food and drink allowed to be taken in, in sealed containers

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What would be their motivation not to?

I wouldn’t think for a moment they didn’t want to. Did they go about it the right way? Did they get the right advice? Why do Hibs applications seem to be viewed more favourably than Hearts? Why was Ann Budge breaking her own rules at the Inverness game? Why are they unwilling to have people sitting in family groups when other clubs are allowing it? 

Maybe they did try their best but I think it’s a fair suggestion to say their best isn’t good enough so far.

7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

We need some explanation. Barry Anderson won't touch it though or he'll lose his 'exclusives', but he might get fed some line from McKinklay.

There is something strange going on, and given Scottish Government restrictions allow up to 15 individuals who form a social circle to sit together at outdoor events including stadiums, why are Hearts stuck with 1 metre between everyone?

Hearts aren't losing money from this because they've already sold the season tickets (unlike the cup games), so maybe the club aren't pushing too hard for a higher capacity. Wonder what Motherwell's application was like to get 6500 in a smaller ground? Especially with 2000 being away fans who are travelling ffs.

Edited by kila

davemclaren
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

It would make it very clear that the Council are to blame and would focus pressure on the Council to not repeat this again.

Fan pressure can make things happen.

It would certainly be good to have a better insight into the decision making process. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Basically if you can't stand on the concourse, how do you eat with a mask on outwith hospitality?

No food or drink on sale. People had their own plastic bottles. 

Biffa Bacon
12 minutes ago, McCrae said:

No one at our club seems to have any bottle…. 

Aye, that will be it. How about hiring a plane to drive home the point 🙃

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

It’s the bubbles that are allowing teams like Motherwell to increase numbers. Seems sensible but, hey..!

Good for doing what they can to get fans in.

Budge away yet???

the sub goalie

Regarding Hospitality, is it only open to season ticket holders currently?

I'm lucky that I have a ticket for Saturday, however on the face of it Hearts have scored a bit of an own goal here.  Hopefully a statement is released providing a bit of clarity.

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, kila said:

We need some explanation. Barry Anderson won't touch it though or he'll lose his 'exclusives', but he might get fed some line from McKinklay.

There is something strange going on, and given Scottish Government restrictions allow up to 15 individuals who form a social circle to sit together at outdoor events including stadiums, why are Hearts stuck with 1 metre between everyone?

Hearts aren't losing money from this because they've already sold the season tickets (unlike the cup games), so maybe the club aren't pushing too hard for a higher capacity. Wonder what Motherwell's application was like to get 6500 in a smaller ground? Especially with 2000 being away fans who are travelling ffs.

Maybe Barry Anderson could write an exclusive on what Andrew McKinlay actually does, because as far as I can tell it is the square root of sod all,

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Quick look at Hearts Twitter responses - understandably - no happy!

The capacity thing makes no sense nor the sitting apart from people in your household. I got a ticket for Saturday with my 5 year old son who is to be seated 3 seats away from me. I mean come on how ridiculous is that. No way am I letting him sit 3 seats away and he will be on the seat next to me. Proper stupid rules that have no sense or logic to them. 

Saint Jambo
11 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

if you don't get a ticket for the celtic game they better make sure we get a ticket for the hibs game as missing out on these two would be a ****ing joke 

paying to watch a live stream which is showing on tv really pardon the pun but its sounds like the fans are getting totally exploited here taking good money to watch a pissy ****ing live stream :rifle:

As it stands, they have approval for less than 50% of season ticket holders to attend, so if nothing changes it would be physically impossible to ensure every ST holder got a ticket for one of those games. Plus at no point have the club indicated that they will treat certain games differently for the weighting. That said, Government are still indicating 9th August as date when we'll be able to return to full stands.

For games that are shown live on TV, do Hearts TV not get the TV feed, so not a pissy live stream for this game. 

The club have been really up front in how they are going to run things this season from before we all bought our tickets. If that feels exploitative to you, why did you buy a ticket?