Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I said a few days ago that Edinburgh council were full of ra sellick types and the last thing they wanted was their beloved sellick to go to Tynie and face a big baying home support.

:rofl:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

I don't understand how the statement from Hearts can possibly be accurate when Hibs had the same as we've just got allocated but in 2 stands. How did they achieve the distancing needed.over smaller spaces? The council have surely ****ed it in that case?

Fire_At_The_Disco

Looks like we are saying it’s the councils fault, truth is other teams were quicker to put in higher attendance requests than us. We are operating at 75% of social distancing others are now at 100% of their socially distant capacity. 

So Hearts are saying edinburgh city council are ordering we have to have 1meter distance between every single fan - no matter if they are from the same household?  

Just now, Shanks said:

So Hearts are saying edinburgh city council are ordering we have to have 1meter distance between every single fan - no matter if they are from the same household?  

Yes, although an earlier release today said that it wasn't necessary and stewards were told to allow it. Mental.

Just now, ramrod said:

6k for the Aberdeen game when there will be 90k in Wembley for the Charity Shield , wtf is going on here ?

City of Edinburgh council don't decide how many get into Wembley.

Just now, Awbdy Oot said:

Yes, although an earlier release today said that it wasn't necessary and stewards were told to allow it. Mental.

Yea something doesn’t quite sit right.

‘We were subsequently advised by the local authority that, based on the need to ensure a 1-meter distance between each person within the stadium’

Hearts blaming the council, and the council will say they advised based upon Hearts' application.

No mention of families sitting together, or social groups of up to 15 in the latest club statement. Both permitted to sit next to each other in stadia under Scot Gov rules in Level 0.

Is the 9000 number Hearts aimed for originally based on 0.5m social distancing (or 1 seat between people)? Or did they model groups next to each other?

Going by Budge's email, she implies it was too much effort to manage the ticketing system in such a way, so they took the easy option.

Edited by kila

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I said a few days ago that Edinburgh council were full of ra sellick types and the last thing they wanted was their beloved sellick to go to Tynie and face a big baying home support.

:rofl:

1 minute ago, kila said:

Hearts blaming the council, and the council will say they advised based upon Hearts' application.

No mention of families sitting together, or social groups of up to 15 in the latest club statement. Both permitted to sit next to each other in stadia under Scot Gov rules in Level 0.

Is the 9000 number Hearts aimed for originally based on 0.5m social distancing? Or did they model groups?

Going by Budge's email, she implies it was too much effort to manage the ticketing system in such a way, so they took the easy option.

The club are now stating that the council have ordered us that we must have 1 meter distance between every single fan. 

Is the club just lying because they couldn’t be arsed with the effort to get more season ticket holder’s in?  

Saint Jambo
15 minutes ago, peter snr said:

Interesting statement. There is no requirement to keep 1m distance between everyone in the stadium. If that is accurate then far from working constructively with the Council, we should be threatening legal action against them. Small businesses in other areas have been succesful in legal challenges against the Council.

9 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

City of Edinburgh council don't decide how many get into Wembley.

Just proving how utterly shambolic our exit strategy is , it's one shambles after another up here with zero logic or rational applied .

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, peter snr said:

Wtf!  Sounds like Edinburgh Council doesn’t understand that SG guidelines actually don’t require 1 metre distancing between ALL fans!  But going by the email earlier it probably suits the clubs stance as it avoids an IT / admin nightmare by not having to arrange groups of up to 15 sitting beside each other and there was no mention of challenging the council position.  Still clear as mud to be honest if Hibs were catering for groups (no idea if they did or not). 

Absolutely crazy how different councils appear to be dealing with this and there’s no transparency. 

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Yea something doesn’t quite sit right.

‘We were subsequently advised by the local authority that, based on the need to ensure a 1-meter distance between each person within the stadium’

My thoughts on reading that were why (since it clearly isn’t true) did the club not challenge this?   But reading the earlier email, I don’t think they wanted the hassle.

Shanks said no

Very surprised by that statement, would be very interesting to see where their Physical Distanced Capacity information is coming from, both in a supporter and business sense. Particularly for the Aberdeen game as this is news to me, professionally.

9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Just proving how utterly shambolic our exit strategy is , it's one shambles after another up here with zero logic or rational applied .

UK government exit strategy is "feck it", zero logic or rationale applied. Somewhere in between is probably best.

25 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

2 guys sat in front of me in the Wheatfield on Sunday. Steward immediately got one of them to move 3 seats away. 

So I've checked e tickets and have nothing, anyone reckon they've still to process more tomorrow, or am I clutching at straws? 

coatbridgejambo

Got fed up refreshing earlier and fell asleep. Just woke up and checks again and I'm 2 tickets richer.

Yaaaaaaaaass!

Was sent to me at 15:54

Edited by coatbridgejambo

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Very surprised by that statement, would be very interesting to see where their Physical Distanced Capacity information is coming from, both in a supporter and business sense. Particularly for the Aberdeen game as this is news to me, professionally.

Yes, just more unanswered questions from that statement to be honest.  Think we just want to know who is being more incompetent and we still don’t know - I’m edging more to the council but don’t think the club have helped themselves (well maybe helped themselves by taking the easy option).  

So if we applied for 75% of the maximum allowed capacity for a bounce match on Thursday night we could get 100% for the Celtic game? Another couple of thousand in the ground.

Just now, Awbdy Oot said:

UK government exit strategy is "feck it", zero logic or rationale applied. Somewhere in between is probably best.

Slightly of topic but never get this argument. 

CW, PV and JVT are far more credible than JL or GS and they are giving their blessings to the easing of restrictions. 

Obv Bojo is a clown but Nic after a decent effort if falling away now in a lot of people's eyes , well friends,  workmates and family of mine anyway .

The Treasurer
39 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yeah, I got it all wrong. I was misinformed and apologised to you for that post further up the page. 

No apology needed. 

😂😂😂😂 

Well this thread certainly exposes a few. 

Dummies spat out all over the place, blaming the club and demanding a statement. 

Club does exactly that telling us the council refused any more tickets. Still not good enough. Thank **** some of you didn’t get tickets. 👍

The Treasurer

I've heard that the council would have allowed a bigger capacity if we were kicking off at lunchtime but 8pm on a Saturday night was considered too much of a risk. So maybe some of the anger should be directed at Sky for the stupid ko time 

Just now, Dazo said:

😂😂😂😂 

Dummies spat out all over the place, blaming the club and demanding a statement. 

Club does exactly that telling us the council refused any more tickets. Still not good enough. Thank **** some of you didn’t get tickets. 👍

Do you think the council have told the club that we must have 1 meter between every single person inside the stadium? 

9 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

So if we applied for 75% of the maximum allowed capacity for a bounce match on Thursday night we could get 100% for the Celtic game? Another couple of thousand in the ground.

This. Said something about it earlier. Rangers played the game with as many games as they could to get up to 100% physical distance capacity

1 minute ago, Shanks said:

Do you think the council have told the club that we must have 1 meter between every single person inside the stadium? 

I’ve no idea what the council have told the club but what I do know the Edinburgh clubs have all been treated similarly. You’d think between the 3 clubs they’d have someone as clever as the smart arses on here though and could sort it out no problem. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

😂😂😂😂 

Presumably you believe that the club were informed by the council that 1 metre distancing must be applied between all fans, contrary to SG guidelines?   If so, would you not be interested to know why the club didn’t challenge this to possibly obtain more seats for their ST holders?  Or if they did challenge it why have theynot explained this?   Something doesn’t add up here. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I've heard that the council would have allowed a bigger capacity if we were kicking off at lunchtime but 8pm on a Saturday night was considered too much of a risk. So maybe some of the anger should be directed at Sky for the stupid ko time 

Sevco have a 13.30 KO so even a 11.30 KO would’ve been better.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Presumably you believe that the club were informed by the council that 1 metre distancing must be applied between all fans, contrary to SG guidelines?   If so, would you not be interested to know why the club didn’t challenge this to possibly obtain more seats for their ST holders?  Or if they did challenge it why have theynot explained this?   Something doesn’t add up here. 

Only thing I believe is the club would do all it can to get season ticket holders in. Why on earth wouldn’t they ??

maroonsgotop

Anyone know what arrangements are in place for anyone who gets allocated a ticket but who is unable to attend. Do they notify the TO or are they left to their own devices as to how they move on the ticket(s).

As I appear to have been unsuccessful in the ballot, I'm hoping somehow to pick up a ticket under the above circumstances.

Just now, Dazo said:

Only thing I believe is the club would do all it can to get season ticket holders in. Why on earth wouldn’t they ??

Hearts may well be doing a lot behind the scenes but I reckon clubs would be kicking up more of a fuss and getting the SPFL to lobby Government if they were losing out more financially. They have already got our season ticket money and food outlets are closed so it makes little difference if there are 3k, 6k or 9k allowed in.

11 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I’ve no idea what the council have told the club but what I do know the Edinburgh clubs have all been treated similarly. You’d think between the 3 clubs they’d have someone as clever as the smart arses on here though and could sort it out no problem. 

The only thing I’ve got a problem with is this - 

So the club are telling us that the council have enforced 1 meter between every single person - doesn't matter if you go to the game with a 5 year old etc. 

I just struggle to believe that’s true as it’s so unbelievable .  If it is true then it’s a disgrace from edinburgh council. 

StevenNaismith
11 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

So we wont find out till tomorrow…i’ll let my rage simmer till then..😁

Check your e-tickets account, the ballot has been done already.

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Clubs fault aye?

The usual suspects didn't even wait a couple of hours before putting the boot in.

They might want to look up what "supporter" means. Zoomers desperate to blame the club for everything. 

9 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Hearts may well be doing a lot behind the scenes but I reckon clubs would be kicking up more of a fuss and getting the SPFL to lobby Government if they were losing out more financially. They have already got our season ticket money and food outlets are closed so it makes little difference if there are 3k, 6k or 9k allowed in.

Aye fair point but regarding the spfl they won’t do jack shit unless it’s Rangers and Celtic moaning. 

18 minutes ago, Shanks said:

The only thing I’ve got a problem with is this - 

So the club are telling us that the council have enforced 1 meter between every single person - doesn't matter if you go to the game with a 5 year old etc. 

I just struggle to believe that’s true as it’s so unbelievable .  If it is true then it’s a disgrace from edinburgh council. 

This is just a shot in the dark but perhaps the council has a method of working out a venue capacity.

Then it's up to the club to figure out best way to work out how to put that capacity together whether it be in bubbles or groups.

So while there will be 4535 across all 4 stands, if the club wanted to they could squeeze them into 2 of the stands but the club then needs to allocate seating plans based on bubbles, which was too much of a hassle and instead open all 4 stands and have a common sense approach with stewards not to challenge clear family groups.

Edited by DETTY29

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

If you read the email reply from the club I think it answers why they wouldn’t.  Although I don’t know if it would have made any difference (if council had already made a figure up) but seems strange the club didn’t challenge the 1 metre distancing and just happily accepted that, well perhaps not strange since they’ve already admitted it was easier for them!

I don’t believe for a second the council told Hearts they must apply 1 metre distancing amongst all fans but at the same time telling Hibs they could sit groups together.  And I don’t believe that nobody at the Council or at Hearts is aware that the 1 metre distancing doesn’t have to strictly be enforced.  Of course the council could just come up with a figure based on one or two factors and decide that groups or no groups, it’s not going to affect their figure - I suspect this is the case but it’s clear as mud.

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

The usual suspects didn't even wait a couple of hours before putting the boot in.

They might want to look up what "supporter" means. Zoomers desperate to blame the club for everything. 

Where do you find that definition, Uber fan?  I’m oot if it means I can’t occasionally criticise on a football message board. 

Jambof3tornado
3 hours ago, Dazo said:

To be honest that’s a fair comment but why not direct in the correct direction rather than another stick to beat the club with ? 

As things stand all Edinburgh clubs are being treated roughly the same. All 3 clubs appear to be using different ticketing systems but the outcome capacity percentage wise is roughly the same. Other clubs out with Edinburgh councils control appear to be getting bigger percentage of capacity allowed.

I’m not saying it isn’t shit not getting a ticket but With all that information are we really sitting here saying it’s all Budges fault ? 

Why are other clubs allowing bubbles of 15 to sit together but we have to sit apart from family members?

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The Daily Record.  I'm sure there's more context, but that headline....

Screenshot_20210727-201658_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sensational pish.

What a shame.