Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I had suspected this was probably the case, and assuming the email is real, that basically confirms it - Hearts didn’t even apply to the council to allow groups of 15 to sit together (in fact it kinda suggests that the club wasn’t even aware this was a possibility).

I wonder what all the frothers that were losing their shit over the SG and council and having a rage at anyone daring to question the club will make of this?  Still an SNP, pro Hibs, anti Jambo conspiracy?

How can we not have known about what might be possible, we've had over 12 months to get this right.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I had suspected this was probably the case, and assuming the email is real, that basically confirms it - Hearts didn’t even apply to the council to allow groups of 15 to sit together (in fact it kinda suggests that the club wasn’t even aware this was a possibility).

I wonder what all the frothers that were losing their shit over the SG and council and having a rage at anyone daring to question the club will make of this?  Still an SNP, pro Hibs, anti Jambo conspiracy?

Given we have already paid, the club should have been moving heaven and earth to get as many ST holders in as possible, even if admin staff had to work round the clock and implement a manual system

3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

How can we not have known about what might be possible, we've had over 12 months to get this right.

Try and take this in slowly. Both hearts and hibs have used different systems with hibs allowing family’s/bubbles sitting together. Both have been allowed broadly similar percentages of the capacity. Edinburgh council is to blame for the amount of people that are allowed in. 

Some of you need an afternoon nap. 

Edited by Dazo

StevenNaismith
5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Aye screw the season ticket holders,the lifeblood of the club.

Not the first time and certainly won’t be the last time unfortunately.

ginger jambo98
6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Given we have already paid, the club should have been moving heaven and earth to get as many ST holders in as possible, even if admin staff had to work round the clock and implement a manual system

How do we know that the Club didn’t ask for more and got pegged back to 4535. Sounds pretty much like venue attendance is decided by local councils as opposed to clear guidance from ScotGov.

Edited by ginger jambo98

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think it shows the club are taking a sensible approach but at the same time being seen to be following SG guidelines 

But SG guidelines allow groups of 15 to sit together.  The club, it would appear, thought this would be too troublesome to administer whereas other clubs did not. 

Just now, Mars plastic said:

We'll probably be about 3 doon at half time anyway.

If that was the case I’d have still liked the opportunity to **** off to the pub at half time 

davemclaren

We'll probably be about 3 doon at half time anyway.

Not now that I’m going. 😌

32 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Aye, that will be it. How about hiring a plane to drive home the point 🙃

Perhaps sitting on your hands and doing nothing will be more successful .

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Try and take this in slowly. Both hearts and hibs have used different systems with hibs allowing family’s/bubbles sitting together. Both have been allowed broadly similar percentages of the capacity. Edinburgh council is to blame for the amount of people that are allowed in. 

You get a ticket then I take it???

David McCaig
1 minute ago, ginger jambo98 said:

How do we know that the Club didn’t ask for more and got pegged back to 4535. Sounds pretty much like venue attendance is decided by local councils as to clear guidance from ScotGov.

Hearts statement expresses no disappointment at the allocation given which suggests we asked for 4535 and got 4535

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

But SG guidelines allow groups of 15 to sit together.  The club, it would appear, thought this would be too troublesome to administer whereas other clubs did not. 

This is the issue being missed by many!!!!

1 minute ago, ginger jambo98 said:

How do we know that the Club didn’t ask for more and got pegged back to 4535. Sounds pretty much like venue attendance is decided by local councils as to clear guidance from ScotGov.

If there is clear guidance from Scottish Gov't how do Motherwell have 6500? It's a scattergun approach between different councils that makes not a blind bit of sense. 

Hearts are to blame however for not using the bubbles like other clubs. FFS Partick are letting groups of 15 sit next to one another.

6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

So the problem appears to be Edinburgh council compared to Lanarkshire and other councils ? 

The bubbles and how many people can sit together is a complete red herring if the council will only allow a certain capacity. 

Perhaps.

As I put up earlier that's all 3 'senior' Edinburgh clubs (now) at around 20-23% of capacity if you take it that last time I saw Edinburgh City are allowed 700 out of 3500 at Ainslie Park.

Edited by DETTY29

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

You get a ticket then I take it???

3rd Ballot in a row actually. If I didn’t I’d watch it on the tv. That’s irrelevant though as the council won’t allows us any more. It’s nothing to do with groups/bubbles or ticketing systems. 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

So the problem appears to be Edinburgh council compared to Lanarkshire and other councils ? 

The bubbles and how many people can sit together is a complete red herring if the council will only allow a certain capacity. 

That may be correct but there was nothing in that email to suggest that was the case.  If Edinburgh Council are currently operating a policy of only around 23% of capacity, surely an official reply from the club would point this out rather than imply we could get more if we had better IT resources?

17 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Bleating to the press may work for the OF but we would be portrayed as the bad guys if we did the same. 

It would unite the fans base…something that has been missing these last few years!

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That’s what I get for listening to the Hibs ***** at my work. Apologies for not fact checking. 

Surely you should know by now.....

airdriejambo3

Have other been allocated tickets on e-ticketing but not received an email too, checked back a couple of pages but couldn't see anything.

davemclaren

If there’s one term I’ll not miss after all this is finished with its ‘bubble’. 

I can understand that as you have been doing a lot of it. 🤣

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That may be correct but there was nothing in that email to suggest that was the case.  If Edinburgh Council are currently operating a policy of only around 23% of capacity, surely an official reply from the club would point this out rather than imply we could get more if we had better IT resources?

You’re confusing issues. That email clearly dealt with the issue of allowing people who are in bubbles or family’s to sit together. It was nothing to do with our application for more tickets. 

1 minute ago, airdriejambo3 said:

Have other been allocated tickets on e-ticketing but not received an email too, checked back a couple of pages but couldn't see anything.

Emails are anticipated being sent out tomorrow per the update on Hearts website.

Edited by DETTY29

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Hibs don’t have a home league game this weekend so we don’t know what they would have been allowed. Their last home game they were allowed around 2,000 more than we were for the ICT game.  Everyone, including you, is speculating.  

13 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Different councils so you may as well pop the dummy back in. 

No going to happen! 😂

I was simply stating an arithmetical fact which I found astonishing. Nothing to do with spitting dummies. 

airdriejambo3
Just now, DETTY29 said:

Emails are anticipated being sent out tomorrow per the update on Hearts website.

Thanks, I had read that but wasn't sure if it was self investigation or rogue emails that were confirming allocation.

5 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

If there is clear guidance from Scottish Gov't how do Motherwell have 6500? It's a scattergun approach between different councils that makes not a blind bit of sense. 

Hearts are to blame however for not using the bubbles like other clubs. FFS Partick are letting groups of 15 sit next to one another.

How many people want to sit in groups of 15 ? 😂 ffs it’s a complete red herring and non issue. We were getting no more than we got, we could sit in groups of 200 if you want but we would still get the same amount of tickets. 

1 minute ago, Shaggy2 said:

No going to happen! 😂

I was simply stating an arithmetical fact which I found astonishing. Nothing to do with spitting dummies. 

Fair enough. 😂

it’s the snp councils fault for towing the party line imo though. 

It’s being done manually by the staff.

went in and asked on the off chance, he had a quick look and said not yet, but we are still allocating them so to check again later online / tomorrow 

Sierra Delta

Didn't have anything showing early but just checked again now and 2 tickets showing for the main stand 😎

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Surely you should know by now.....

Schoolboy error. We were discussing allocations today and they told me they had a bawhair under 6k for the European tie. I’ve then taken that information and made a ***** of myself on here. Not the best tbh 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You’re confusing issues. That email clearly dealt with the issue of allowing people who are in bubbles or family’s to sit together. It was nothing to do with our application for more tickets. 

You don’t think applying for groups of 15 to sit together would make a significant difference to capacity?  Ok, you don’t because you think Edinburgh council is taking a blanket approach - maybe but don’t you think it strange that the club are not making this point clear if true?  Also the crowds at both Hearts and Hibs games have been changing all the time and don’t think they’ve been playing on the same days so it’s difficult to compare. 

Just now, Dazo said:

Fair enough. 😂

NS still sounding cautious in her statement today, talking about the need to see how things go in the coming days/weeks.

Probably best not to think the sheep game will be rammed !

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Hibs don’t have a home league game this weekend so we don’t know what they would have been allowed. Their last home game they were allowed around 2,000 more than we were for the ICT game.  Everyone, including you, is speculating.  

Well you bash on mate as you clearly want to blame the club regardless. As things stand the clubs are being treated the same with crowds gradually increasing as we creep towards the 9th of August. Only difference currently is with different regions. That is clearly the clubs fault. 😳

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

How many people want to sit in groups of 15 ? 😂 ffs it’s a complete red herring and non issue. We were getting no more than we got, we could sit in groups of 200 if you want but we would still get the same amount of tickets. 

Supporters clubs like ours could easily organise groups of 15, even if restricted to a certain number of households. Several families of 3 or 4 travel on our bus. I think your second sentence is wrong and we would have gotten more if we’d made use of the guidelines properly. 

Just now, Shaggy2 said:

Supporters clubs like ours could easily organise groups of 15, even if restricted to a certain number of households. Several families of 3 or 4 travel on our bus. I think your second sentence is wrong and we would have gotten more if we’d made use of the guidelines properly. 

Hibs haven’t benefited percentage wise using the system you want. The club aren’t to blame for this one. 

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Why are Hearts not doing more to fight the fans corner.  Our leaders should be screaming this isn’t good enough and demanding more fans are allowed in.

Like always our weak board will just roll over and suck it up. 

Not content with that two of the top dogs are pictured sitting next to each other at the Inverness game. 

Surprised there's not more being made of this. 😕 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Fair enough. 😂

Why are other SNP councils allowing much bigger crowds in proportion if they’re all towing the party line?  That doesn’t make any sense. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not content with that two of the top dogs are pictured sitting next to each other at the Inverness game. 

Surprised there's not more being made of this. 😕 

Because it’s allowed. 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why are other SNP councils allowing much bigger crowds in proportion if they’re all towing the party line?  That doesn’t make any sense. 

Isn’t that a question for your local councillors? When has Edinburgh council ever done anything for the benefit for the people of Edinburgh ? Shithouses the lot of them. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Because it’s allowed. 

Stewards in Section D on Sunday were splitting people up from being sat next to one another.

davemclaren
Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

Stewards in Section D on Sunday were splitting people up from being sat next to one another.

The two times I’ve been, what looked like families were sitting together and stewards did nothing. That’s the policy in the email response further back. 

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

More chance for the rest of us to get tickets then if you’re not in the ballot 

He wouldn't be he's not even a ST holder. 

He’ll likely be in the hospitality beside his Celtic mates for the LC game though.