Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Hibs haven’t benefited percentage wise using the system you want. The club aren’t to blame for this one. 

They need to tell us this then. No complaints from anyone in power at Hearts, yet. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We have our tickets…. We have a 2 seat gap between family members living at the same address…. Madness!

If it's a clear family bubble, stewards shouldn't intervene.

Edited by DETTY29

Checked again and rather than just one ticket showing all 4 I applied for are now there.

One of the tickets is the row in front and at completely the opposite end of the section. Kind of defeats the purpose in applying together! But I'm delighted to have got one.

Just now, DETTY29 said:

If it's a clear family bubble, Stewards shouldn't intervene.

Agreed… but if this is how the club planned it … it would explain how our permitted attendance is low compared to others.

48 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

So according to that email the 1m rule between family members :

- Isn't a club policy it is a government policy.

- The club absolutely has to adhere to it (even though we know for a fact that other clubs don't have to adhere to it).

- Despite absolutely having to adhere to it, the club explored not adhering to it but decided it was too difficult from an IT perspective (owner from the IT industry and with a 'partnership' with Dell but can't get our IT to do what other clubs are managing).

- They instructed the ticket office to tell families they could sit together (but didn't include this in the information they emailed out).

What an absolute dog's dinner of an explanation. No doubt the same old posters will be along to say that this proves it is all the Council's and Government's fault. 

We've literally got Networks on etickets which could have been used as a proxy for the number of groups they might expect. As you say, awful explanation. 

Jambof3tornado
31 minutes ago, Dazo said:

3rd Ballot in a row actually. If I didn’t I’d watch it on the tv. That’s irrelevant though as the council won’t allows us any more. It’s nothing to do with groups/bubbles or ticketing systems. 

Easy no to be raging then eh mate!!!

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Isn’t that a question for your local councillors? When has Edinburgh council ever done anything for the benefit for the people of Edinburgh ? Shithouses the lot of them. 

Don’t know , I don’t live in Edinburgh but I think most councillors, whatever their political persuasion are in it to make a difference to their local community, probably more so than MPs are.  But you’re the one suggesting that Edinburgh Council is just towing the party line but ignoring the fact that other SNP councils are allowing bigger crowds (therefore, presumably not towing the party line). I realise that doesn’t fit in with your with your political agenda and you’d much rather have a SNP bash but it would be good to know the facts, hopefully either the council or the club can confirm this.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Easy no to be raging then eh mate!!!

To be honest that’s a fair comment but why not direct in the correct direction rather than another stick to beat the club with ? 

As things stand all Edinburgh clubs are being treated roughly the same. All 3 clubs appear to be using different ticketing systems but the outcome capacity percentage wise is roughly the same. Other clubs out with Edinburgh councils control appear to be getting bigger percentage of capacity allowed.

I’m not saying it isn’t shit not getting a ticket but With all that information are we really sitting here saying it’s all Budges fault ? 

Shanks said no
23 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Hibs haven’t benefited percentage wise using the system you want. The club aren’t to blame for this one. 

Let’s wait until Hibs first league game before making a final judgement 

4 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

What's happened now?

Griffiths signing and wearing no. 26?

Classy.

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Don’t know , I don’t live in Edinburgh but I think most councillors, whatever their political persuasion are in it to make a difference to their local community, probably more so than MPs are.  But you’re the one suggesting that Edinburgh Council is just towing the party line but ignoring the fact that other SNP councils are allowing bigger crowds (therefore, presumably not towing the party line). I realise that doesn’t fit in with your with your political agenda and you’d much rather have a SNP bash but it would be good to know the facts, hopefully either the council or the club can confirm this.

Not everyone within an organisation has to tow the party line at the same time. You seem unable to accept that so nothing else to add. As I’ve already mate you bash on blaming the club. 

3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Thats why I’ve said at this point in time. Things are changing all the time as we head to the 9th of August, something else I’ve already said. 

Quick question, when registering on Heart etickets, at no point was i asked for bank details.

If I'm successful in a ballot how do I pay for them? Will the payment details be in my 'successful' e-mail?

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Quick question, when registering on Heart etickets, at no point was i asked for bank details.

If I'm successful in a ballot how do I pay for them? Will the payment details be in my 'successful' e-mail?

The cost is covered by your season ticket.

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Thats why I’ve said at this point in time. Things are changing all the time as we head to the 9th of August, something else I’ve already said. 

The rules aren’t changing before 9th August, so If the rules are applied in the same way then they should be less than 5,000

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

And this is the challenge with no clear communication from the club, or the council.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hibs do get a larger capacity only a couple of days from the formal removal of legal social distancing.

Why the council wouldn't go

Hibs 4.7k - check

Hearts 6.5k - check

Hibs  9.5k - check

Hearts 13k - check.

Or whatever order the games are as long as there is sufficient time between each game to do a review.

However, as I put up earlier this morning Hibs asked their fans to do more than we have (times allocated for entry and exit, ID required).

Indeed, unless more info comes out from Hearts it looks like on a like for like basis at our 4.5k and their 4.7k we aren't asking from our fans what Hibs were.

45 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That may be correct but there was nothing in that email to suggest that was the case.  If Edinburgh Council are currently operating a policy of only around 23% of capacity, surely an official reply from the club would point this out rather than imply we could get more if we had better IT resources?

Did they say more would get in or just that people could sit in bigger groups? Presumably with more empty spaces. Looks to me like even though we're limited to groups of 4 the total number of available seats would be the same.

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Isn’t that a question for your local councillors? When has Edinburgh council ever done anything for the benefit for the people of Edinburgh ? Shithouses the lot of them. 

Spaces for people was a good initiative. 

I met spplied for Celtic, as cannot make it, so did not want to get picked, only not to go, and see my chance for the next game reduce. 

I presume that the ballot will open up again, once the CeltIc ballot is complete. 

40 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Fair enough. 😂

it’s the snp councils fault for towing the party line imo though. 

The decision on capacity at public events is not a political decision. It’s a public safety decision taken by officers. Put away your tinfoil hat. 

And whilst I’m at it, the Council is also a Labour/SNP council which relies on confidence and supply support from the Greens and Lib Dem’s. 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You already have. 

46 minutes ago, Dazo said:

How many people want to sit in groups of 15 ? 😂 ffs it’s a complete red herring and non issue. We were getting no more than we got, we could sit in groups of 200 if you want but we would still get the same amount of tickets. 

If I had read this I wouldn't have needed to post my one above.

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You already have. 

Thank god I didn't phone ticket office 😅😆😅

I was remembering folk for cup games saying money taking from their accounts etc and was panicking I had done something wrong here forgetting it was covered by s/ticket.

Edited by Gambo

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, BarneyvB said:

Got tickets but all the same seats, any ideas?

Biggest person at bottom and work your way up

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'm more offended anyone would think i have a celtic "mate" :(

No way will they get a single ticket. Far too late to sort it out at their end and i doubt they would even accept 300 or so tickets if offered.

Our seats have been allocated to section L - think I would be very very unhappy to have away fans sitting near me😡😡

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I met spplied for Celtic, as cannot make it, so did not want to get picked, only not to go, and see my chance for the next game reduce. 

I presume that the ballot will open up again, once the CeltIc ballot is complete. 

It said it was for registering for all season, if required. 

10 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

The rules aren’t changing before 9th August, so If the rules are applied in the same way then they should be less than 5,000

The rules aren’t changing but there is already a process within the rules to increase capacity. Surely we accept that capacity can increase as we move along the timeline ? 

42 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not content with that two of the top dogs are pictured sitting next to each other at the Inverness game. 

Surprised there's not more being made of this. 😕 

Not read Budge's email posted earlier?

36 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We have our tickets…. We have a 2 seat gap between family members living at the same address…. Madness!

That's crazy a know a wouldn't be sitting seats away from family members from the same household 🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, sum31uk said:

The decision on capacity at public events is not a political decision. It’s a public safety decision taken by officers. Put away your tinfoil hat. 

And whilst I’m at it, the Council is also a Labour/SNP council which relies on confidence and supply support from the Greens and Lib Dem’s. 

I’m really not interested in the make up of our shitty council but thanks for the clarification. The hat is back in the bottom drawer. 👍

Listening to Jason Leitch on RS I'd be far from convinced councils will be encouraged to have full crowds from 09 August and an incremental approach will be encouraged.

So at this rate the Edinburgh clubs may get 50% just as lockdown 4 comes along.

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It said it was for registering for all season, if required. 

Yes, so I assumed that was for all games, so from now, it will be all remaining games, so it will open up again in a couple of days or so.  

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Paolo said:

Yes, so I assumed that was for all games, so from now, it will be all remaining games, so it will open up again in a couple of days or so.  

Not how I interpreted it. 

comradejambo

Disappointed not to get a ticket. Understand that some folk were not going to be lucky. In light of numbers granted elsewhere however, I would like some transparency from the club into how the process has been drawn up. There should have been significant discussion across all clubs, inclusive of councils and we find ourselves in a situation where percentage wise , we have the lowest allocation out of all clubs. Something doesn’t sit right here! At least by getting some transparency I can direct my anger towards the council.

Edited by comradejambo